Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States (8776 Views)

Kogi Election: How The Aspirants Stand / Lagos APC Aspirants Set For Gov Primaries / All APC Aspirants Are Better Than Jonathan- Atiku (2) (3) (4)

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Goddex:

Some of you can be so stewpidly senseless atimes.

1) Are you the states whom Kwankwaso installed will now vote for Buhari without Kwankwaso's node?

2) Are you telling us that Buhari endorsed Kwankwaso in 2011 at the expense of his CPC candidate whom he campaigned vigorously for?
This is why I said you know nothing of Kano Politics. In 2011, the favored candidate of CPC was replaced by a PDP mole by the Court. General Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Kwankwaso of PDP Candidacy. In fact, Kwankwaso urged his supporters to vote Buhari in 2011. Otherwise, Kwankwaso wouldn't have been Governor. An affront to Buhari is viewed as affront to Kanoi people. Ask Kwankwaso what happened in 2003 when he woefully lost to Buhari's endorsed ANPP candidate Shekarau. Also ask Shekarau how many votes he scored when he parted ways with Buhari in both Presidential and Guber election.

In the North West and North East, no one come close to Buhari when it comes to cult followership.

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Clerverly: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
GEJTILL2019:
trash.....make them adopt GEJ.

Pls stop it...that name makes me sick!

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

The recent governorship primaries held in adamawa backs your point, Atiku's candidate was defeated. Though i don't know where Nyako stands
Thank you. Thisday was only trying to play on the psyche of Nigerians. I don't know why they are trying to front Atiku, it is clear some people are already scared
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
The South-west

Lagos: It is too close to call but may go the way of
Buhari with a 90:10 sharing.
•The odd favour Buhari

Ogun: Buhari is the issue here. Ogun may vote 70:30 in
his favour.
•The odd favour Buhari

Oyo: Although with a strong Atiku presence, Buhari will
clean up votes here, however, to the ratio of 80:20

•The odd favour Buhari

Osun: [s]Votes here will be hotly contested but with a
slight Buhari edge.[/s] It is 60:40.90:10
•The odd favour Buhari

Ekiti:[s] The battle for votes here will elicit interest and the
turnout is most likely to be too close to call with a 50:50
voting share.[/s]
Too close to call The odds favour Buhari

Ondo: [s]As it is in Ekiti, Ondo looks like another 50:50
match between the two front runners[/s].
Too close to call

The SW will go to Buhari without any equivocation

Oyo,Ogun Governors were former ANPP ally of Buhari and still respect and defer to him up till tomorrow

Osun will never be a too close to call situation.....Aregbesola is an unrepentant loyalist of Buhari and he will deliver his delegates for GMB just like he singlehandedly deliver the states voters for the backslidden Ribad(u)aft

Lagos is a no go area for Atiku,i have it on good authority Buhari will get the delegates votes from Tinubu/Fashola symphony
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
Both states APC are loyal to Bola Tinubu, who is loyal to Buhari Structure. I can't imagine any candidate "sharing" up to 50% of votes here with Buhari.

Nice Analysis though not perfect, Atiku's only hope is the SE, though it isn't a guarantee. Sincerely, Atiku is one of the richest but the most overrated politician in Nigeria
Honestly i am surprised at how much Atiku is overrated.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by laimo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
Very interesting.I love APC.

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Honestly i am surprised at how much Atiku is overrated.
It is because he has the money to share. He may even come behind Kwankwaso in the primaries. Atiku no get mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Plshavmercyamen: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Very faulty and shallow analysis I must say.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
soroptimist:

The SW will go to Buhari without any equivocation

Oyo,Ogun Governors were former ANPP ally of Buhari and still respect and defer to him up till tomorrow

Osun will never be a too close to call situation.....Aregbesola is an unrepentant loyalist of Buhari and he will deliver his delegates for GMB just like he singlehandedly deliver the states voters for the backslidden Ribad(u)aft

Lagos is a no go area for Atiku,i have it on good authority Buhari will get the delegates votes from Tinubu/Fashola symphony

Honestly, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar should stop wasting his money, because Buhari is the clear leader in this contest.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by AlienSPY: 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Atiku is a maverick politician and a grass root with political structure that cut across ethnic divides since the enthronement of democracy.

He is viewed as a socialite, a more liberal politician that connects and integrate religious divides. He is a politician who can upstage preference and with enormous wealth at his disposal, he can buy off any convention.

The good thing is that APC might finally consider consensus arrangement to favor Buhari, if the contest is thrown open, Atiku will surely win the primary election.

Forget online Buhari popularity and advocacy, Atiku represent the feelings of Nigerians towards Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP while Buhari enjoys the support of the APC governors and its leadership hierarchy

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
This is why I said you know nothing of Kano Politics. In 2011, the favored candidate of CPC was replaced by a PDP mole by the Court. General Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Kwankwaso of PDP Candidacy. In fact, Kwankwaso urged his supporters to vote Buhari in 2011. Otherwise, Kwankwaso wouldn't have been Governor. An affront to Buhari is viewed as affront to Kanoi people. Ask Kwankwaso what happened in 2003 when he woefully lost to Buhari's endorsed ANPP candidate Shekarau. Also asked Shekarau how many votes he scored when he made pact with Buhari in both Presidential and Guber election.

In the North West and North East, no one come close to Buhari when it comes to cult followership.
Most people don't know how many politicians in the north rode on Buhar's popularity to win elections.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Most people don't know how many politicians in the north rode on Buhar's popularity to win elections.
You mind those people that don't even know what goes on in their wards
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Morkavictor: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Flawed analysis.putting up non-existence vote from the comfort of your home

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by EldaTimba(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Inasmuch as I am a sympathetic to PDP, I think you guys should know the difference between being popular in a state and being able to woo delegates. In south west ( ondo state for instance) Atiku has the delegates in his pocket as he has silence them. Buhari off course has support of some pro Tinubu men but ONDO APC is NEVER a TINUBU loyalist(have you forgotten the parallel excos here in Ondo state APC?)
2. We keep deceiving ourselves as if APC delegates are saints. Atiku is going to buy the buyable delegates in Buhari so-called strong hold. We must therefore be ready for an Atiku candidature in A FREE and FAIR APC primary.
3. Some who think Atiku can't defeat GEJ are politically naïve! Do you think the so called northern votes will go to GEJ because Atiku is the flag bearer?. You may say I am praying for Atiku emergence because it gives GEJ a walk over but I see a Atiku with a workable manifesto. I see a Atiku with a fore knowledge of governance promising workable agendas. I see Atiku winning APC presidential primary

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by GEJTILL2019(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Clerverly:

Pls stop it...that name makes me sick!
mumu i wonder what will happen to ur miserable life after 2015... at the mention of goodluck Jonathan's name, every opposition must bow!!!!

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
AlienSPY:
Atiku is a maverick politician and a grass root with political structure that cut across ethnic divides since the enthronement of democracy.

He is viewed as a socialite, a more liberal politician that connects and integrate religious divides. He is a politician who can upstage preference and with enormous wealth at his disposal, he can buy off any convention.

The good thing is that APC might finally consider consensus arrangement to favor Buhari, if the contest is thrown open, Atiku will surely win the primary election.

Forget online Buhari popularity and advocacy, Atiku represent the feelings of Nigerians towards Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP while Buhari enjoys the support of the APC governors and its leadership hierarchy
Can you tell us how Atiku will win state by state?
At the height of northern opposition to gej in 2011, Atiku couldn't even win pdp primaries.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
South South

Edo will go to Buhari as Adams Oshiomhole,Prince Tony Momoh,John Odigie Oyegun are all rooting for Buhari.......

Prince Tony Momoh had been a Buhari loyalist since God created Heaven and the Earth,he was even the Chairman of CPC

Same with John Odigie Oyegun who was an ANPP ally of Gen Buhari

Atiku will dance naked in Edo

Rivers- Wetin i wan talk for this one,it is palpable even to the blind that Rotimi Amaechi even carry Buhari candidature for head pass me sef

So na Buhari 100%

Bayelsa- Former Governor Timipre Sylva is an unrepentant Buhari-leaning politician

Tonye Okio,Preye Aganaba and others are the stand well well Evangelists of the Buhari phenomenon from Bayelsa

Delta- Looks toss up.....Olorogun O'tega Emerhor seems to be the face of APC in that state and he is known to be an Atiku loyalist but the likes of Festus Keyamo have been known to be seriously working to deliver a massive chunk of the delegates for Gen Buhari

Akwa-Ibom- Buhari will ace this state without any gain-saying

John James Akpanudoedeghe,Sam Ewang who are the face of APC and controls the delegates are Buhari leaning......even recently Sam Ewang granted an interview which was unambigiously Pro-Buhari in nature

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
EldaTimba:
Inasmuch as I am a sympathetic to PDP, I think you guys should know the difference between being popular in a state and being able to woo delegates. In south west ( ondo state for instance) Atiku has the delegates in his pocket as he has silence them. Buhari off course has support of some pro Tinubu men but ONDO APC is NEVER a TINUBU loyalist(have you forgotten the parallel excos here in Ondo state APC?)
2. We keep deceiving ourselves as if APC delegates are saints. Atiku is going to buy the buyable delegates in Buhari so-called strong hold. We must therefore be ready for an Atiku candidature in A FREE and FAIR APC primary.
3. Some who think Atiku can't defeat GEJ are politically naïve! Do you think the so called northern votes will go to GEJ because Atiku is the flag bearer?. You may say I am praying for Atiku emergence because it gives GEJ a walk over but I see a Atiku with a workable manifesto. I see a Atiku with a fore knowledge of governance promising workable agendas. I see Atiku winning APC presidential primary
Atiku didn't spend money against gej in 2011? You guys talk as if people will line up in front of Atiku's money to vote.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
Again, I beg to disagree. Buhari is more popular in Adamawa than Atiku. In fact, Atiku's popularity is dependent on variables. Recall that Atiku came a distant 3rd in 2007 election in Adamawa state, with Buhari clinching first and Yaradua second. Atiku could not even help AC in 2007 retain Adamawa despite having a loyal incumbent Governor. Atiku lost woefully to President Jonathan in Adamawa state during the 2011 PDP Primaries.

You got it spot on

Infact Atiku is highly over-rated even in his own home state

Just recently his backed-candidate Boss Mustapha was trounced at the Adamawa APC Gubernatorial primary by Sen Jubrilla Umaru Bindow

A man who controls the delegates should be able to deliver the ticket to his Godson

A meeting was held between Bindow and Atiku by the APC leadership in Abuja for rapproachment and for them to close ranks and possibly ask Bindow to continue to acknowledge Atiku if the election had held in October
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
What Atiku is doing now by going around and wooing delegates and trying to get public sympathy can be likened to what gej did in 2011 with his "I had no shoe" scam. Atiku cannot deceive us with his antics but I fear the worst might happen. Money answereth all things and atiku has gotten enough of it. Buhari really have to step up his game. And people should stop saying Buhari popularity is limited to the social media. This is a big fallacy. what is happening here on nairaland is not entirely different from what is happening in reality. People here within my area really prefers Buhari. Even in my place of work, I have tried to sample people's opinion and most are leaning towards a buhari's candidacy imcluding the niger deltans. Only the ibos have problem with the general but who cares anyway? Sai Buhari. I love him

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
This is simple. As far as NE, NW, NC, SW and SS delegates are concerned, it is Sai Buhari. Even in that SE Anambra will go to Buhari Team. I don't know who controls Ebonyi, Enugu and Abia structures of APC, but as for Imo... Rochas may favor his padi Atiku
have you forgotten that one of Atiku's wives is from Anambra state? Does it mean her influence for her husband to win from Anambra is not possible?
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by egift(m): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Am excited that APC is keeping this process transparent and vibrant. I wish all the contestants the very best. Nigeria must be great again. God bless Nigeria.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by EldaTimba(m): 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Atiku didn't spend money against gej in 2011? You guys talk as if people will line up in front of Atiku's money to vote.
And GEJ spent papers? How did he get up to 30% of the votes cast in the primary? You can never compare PDP settings of incumbency to buhari and atiku. It shows how you are political naïve. And about the money saga, are you even thinking of why Atiku is against lagos as the venue of the convention? Have you thought of the PDP 1999 jos convention? You guys sitting here don't even know who won APC HOA primary in your constituencies so why should you understand my point.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
soroptimist:

You got it spot on

Infact Atiku is highly over-rated even in his own home state

Just recently his backed-candidate Boss Mustapha was trounced at the Adamawa APC Gubernatorial primary by Sen Jubrilla Umaru Bindow

A man who controls the delegates should be able to deliver the ticket to his Godson

A meeting was held between Bindow and Atiku by the APC leadership in Abuja for rapproachment and for them to close ranks and possibly ask Bindow to continue to acknowledge Atiku if the election had held in October

Yet the Press keep talking about him like he is one "important" person with electoral value cheesy cheesy
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
have you forgotten that one of Atiku's wives is from Anambra state? Does it mean her influence for her husband to win from Anambra is not possible?
Wife? He can even marry Patience Jonathan cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
Wife? He can even marry Patience Jonathan cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
harde2lah:
What Atiku is doing now by going around and wooing delegates and trying to get public sympathy can be likened to what gej did in 2011 with his "I had no shoe" scam. Atiku cannot deceive us with his antics but I fear the worst might happen. Money answereth all things and atiku has gotten enough of it. Buhari really have to step up his game. And people should stop saying Buhari popularity is limited to the social media. This is a big fallacy. what is happening here on nairaland is not entirely different from what is happening in reality. People here within my area really prefers Buhari. Even in my place of work, I have tried to sample people's opinion and most are leaning towards a buhari's candidacy imcluding the niger deltans. Only the ibos have problem with the general but who cares anyway? Sai Buhari. I love him

Oju o ni ti e.....You will not know any shame!

Whenever i comment on this forum about how seriously and like a hurricane Buhari's candidature have caught on with majority of the populace even here in the diaspora,some people will think we are grand-standing!

I know people who used to call me 'Omo Buhari' in derision but whose zeal and Pro-Buhari stance now even make me question my loyalty towards the General

And everyday whenever i make calls or even engage friends who were hitherto anti-Buhari in the past.....one recurrent decimal is the fact that people have now become awaken to the reality that PDP/GEJ/Jonathanians and the accursed TANoids are only engaing in destructive propaganda against Gen Buhari out of morbid fear propelled by the corrupt elites who are terribly shaken about the cessation of their access to our National patrimony

Every lie told about and against Buhari was borne out of a desperate self-preservation strategy by the thieving elites and mind you these elites even include fellow Muslims and Northerners like Buhari but who have gained tremendously from the corrupt ways of doing things in Nigeria all these while

So those class of Northerners dont even mind you all insulting them,their religion because of Buhari's aspiration but just dont take away their corrupt source of livelihood......other things are secondary to looters be they Yorubas,Igbos,Hausas and Ijaws.....they are comrades-at-looting!!!

Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
EldaTimba:
And GEJ spent papers? How did he get up to 30% of the votes cast in the primary? You can never compare PDP settings of incumbency to buhari and atiku. It shows how you are political naïve. And about the money saga, are you even thinking of why Atiku is against lagos as the venue of the convention? Have you thought of the PDP 1999 jos convention? You guys sitting here don't even know who won APC HOA primary in your constituencies so why should you understand my point.
Lets wait and see.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by EldaTimba(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Lets wait and see.
Just make sure GMB supports Atiku candidature if you really want to unsit GEJ. See you 8 days time cool
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Adminisher: 7:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
barcanista:
I strongly disagree ma. Kano Politicians and even Government officials are loyal to Buhari FIRST before Kwankwaso. A Buhari singlehandedly sent Kwankwaso packing in 2003, and a Buhari endorsement returned Kwankwaso in 2011.

This is correct. Then again I don't think Kwakwanso is a diehard contender. He will finally throw in to Buhari or Rochas.
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Lets wait and see.

Atiku is a terrible politician

He has been trying to monetise and corrupt the delegates under a proxy donation to each states chapter yet what i know is that barring some 'i never chop' personalities who might be swayed by the 'tasere' money Atiku will give them,i am confident that shame will be his lot and his Billions

A man who is promising Nigeria change under APC should never be allowed to get near the seat of power owing to the fact that he will seek to recoup all the money he's been sharing 1000% if he ever becomes the President

Those Jonathanians who are supporting him are doing so to spite APC about how Atiku would emerge after bribing the delegates and would use the propaganda against APC if it ever boils down to Atiku V GEJ
Re: How The APC Aspirants Stand Across The States by Alphaoscar: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
Buhari will get nothing less than 80% of SW delegates votes. the people talking about Ondo for Atiku are ignorant. The party structure is in the hands of Aketi & Sen Ajayi Boroffice and they are Tinubu apostles.

The only state that Atiku can get 30% in the SW is Ekiti and it is because Fayemi is an Atiku man but then he will have no choice than to fall in line and follow the Jagaban directive.

Anambra will surely go Buhari for sure

Rivers too will shout Sai Buhari.

infact I can't see Atiku getting more than 30% of the total votes considering the fact that the party structure has been shared before he even join the party and his much hyped mobilization prowess is overrated. even Adamawa is not sure for him.

2019: Voting PDP Is Returning To Egypt -oshiomhole / Killings: Dusk-to-dawn Curfew Imposed In Kajuru, Kaduna / Governor Umahi Flags Off APC Membership Registration In Ebonyi

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73