Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? (30688 Views)

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

And your opinon is scripture based..... grin grin grin

At least I am not fighting christ on all fronts because of tithes.

Always putting paul over christ.

Your reward awaits you.

Lawless man. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Your catching at straws here grin grin

Can 2 distinct people occupy the same eternal office?

remember both are designated high prist of the most high God.

Lawless son of the lawless man. grin

Ignorance in 3D, BOTH DIDN'T OCCUPY ONE AND SAME ETERNAL OFFICE. One was likened to another and the function of one was hidden in one, revealed in the other. Is Melchizedek as a man interceeding for you as a priest today or Christ? There's only ONE mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus. Melchizedek long died. Christ died and resurrected and herein he lives and we have hope he intercedes for us.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
First Melchizedek is not called High Priest but Priest. Jesus is the High Priest.
They can't hold the same office at the same time. Who said they did?

MostHigh:

Your catching at straws here grin grin

Can 2 distinct people occupy the same eternal office?

remember both are designated high prist of the most high God.

Lawless son of the lawless man. grin

3 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

At least I am not fighting christ on all fronts because of tithes.

Always putting paul over christ.

Your reward awaits you.

Lawless man. grin grin grin

Leave Law matter, A righteous man and a man with the Holy Spirit in him doesn't need the law to guide him. Get this into your mind and stop going in circles. This is Melchi thread, not Law. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Of course the irony of this is lost on you

MostHigh:

Ignorance is no excuse. cry

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lemme go to my place of daily bread before this law fellows kill my time, time is money.... grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
vooks:

First Melchizedek is not called High Priest but Priest. Jesus is the High Priest.

So tell me who is higher than Melchizedek in the order of melchizedek.

Ignorance no excuse either.

You must be inspired. wink

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Leave Law matter, A righteous man and a man with the Holy Spirit in him doesn't need the law to guide him. Get this into your mind and stop going in circles. This is Melchi thread, not Law. grin grin grin

I hear you man with the holy spirit who fights the holy spirit daily.

Joker. grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
vooks:

Melchizedek was called Priest of the Most High God because for one to qualify as high priest, they would need other priests to come after their order and there was no other priest under him at the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanrywatt(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
d bible says the old testament is a shadow of things to come, and again I would want us to understand that it is only God that such attribute can be apply to, having no beginning and ending, without a father and mother.
secondly is d fact that Salem means Jerusalem which implies king of Jerusalem but Christ can be regarded as prince of Salem.
wat am saying is that Christ told them DAT Abraham saw His day and he rejoice yet dey stoned him but question is wen did Abraham saw his day and rejoice DAT was in he person on Melchizedek because u can't see God and live God had to take a flesh to cover up which implies God in flesh which is as same as wat God did in d days of Christ as God living in Christ so d old testament fore shadow d things that will take place in d days of Christ, So the reason why it is Christ is because Melchizedek was God in flesh which symbolise Christ. remember Christ as been existing before s foundation of d world in the very heart of God
Abraham saw privilege by God to see wat Christ will look like before Christ even came on d scene. I wish I can make dis simple dan dis, may God grant us understanding

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Ignorance in 3D, BOTH DIDN'T OCCUPY ONE AND SAME ETERNAL OFFICE. One was likened to another and the function of one was hidden in one, revealed in the other. Is Melchizedek as a man interceeding for you as a priest today or Christ? There's only ONE mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus. Melchizedek long died. Christ died and resurrected and herein he lives and we have hope he intercedes for us.

Scripture said he neither had beginning of days nor end of life and remains a priest forever. How did you come about his death?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Story story...... story. grin grin grin

So now Melchizedek DIED i THOUGHT IT READS NO BEGGINING OR END OF LIFE

the devils children are really confused.

Inspiration is all you need to come out from this matrix you are plugged into. grin

lawless son of the lawless man. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
vooks:
1. Without father nor mother means we have no record of his family
2. Without genealogy means we have no record of his tribe
3. Having neither beginning of life nor end of life means we have no record of his birth or death

These three things can equally be said of MANY OT characters. Why the author of Hebrews dwells on the absence of records concerning Melchizedek is because he called a Priest and Psalms confirms that. When God gave the Levitical priesthood, those three records were of paramount importance lest a non-Levite undertakes priestly work. Recall service began at a specific age so DoB is concerned.

Hebrews is simply magnifying th fact that Melchizedek was the furthest from a Levite. In fact on this basis he concludes change of the Mosaic covenant whose hallmark was the Levitical Priesthood.

The absence of Melchizedek records don't make him supernatural any more than that of other characters without the same. This is a curiously beautiful argument from silence

Having neither beginning of days nor end of life means what it means. After all, the bible says Jesus came after his order and is forever a priest after an endless life.

4 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Having neither beginning OF DAYS = The day one is born
nor end of life = The day someone dies

So, put it together, the day he was born wasn't records in the genealogy\missing, so also the day he died. But we all know Christ had a day he was born and also the day he died. So, he is not Melchizedek.

Meaning: he wasn't born and he didn't die. Period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanrywatt:
d bible says the old testament is a shadow of things to come, and again I would want us to understand that it is only God that such attribute can be apply to, having no beginning and ending, without a father and mother.
secondly is d fact that Salem means Jerusalem which implies king of Jerusalem but Christ can be regarded as prince of Salem.
wat am saying is that Christ told them DAT Abraham saw His day and he rejoice yet dey stoned him but question is wen did Abraham saw his day and rejoice DAT was in he person on Melchizedek because u can't see God and live God had to take a flesh to cover up which implies God in flesh which is as same as wat God did in d days of Christ as God living in Christ so d old testament fore shadow d things that will take place in d days of Christ, So the reason why it is Christ is because Melchizedek was God in flesh which symbolise Christ. remember Christ as been existing before s foundation of d world in the very heart of God
Abraham saw privilege by God to see wat Christ will look like before Christ even came on d scene. I wish I can make dis simple dan dis, may God grant us understanding

Blessed
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
Was Melchizedek Jesus?

mbaemeka:

Having neither beginning of days nor end of life means what it means. After all, the bible says Jesus came after his order and is forever a priest after an endless life.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Meaning there is no record of his birth nor death
Gr. apator, ametor, agenealogetos" translated. into without father, without mother without recorded genealogy.

mbaemeka:

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Jesus

MostHigh:

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I said it and will preach it anytime, anywhere - premarital sex wasn't mentioned as part of sin of fornication. I left your thread because you kept copying articles online and can't discuss scriptures by yourself, without backing it with truth of the word. We have been fed with lies and we're now standing to the truth of the word. Challenge me any day, anytime, I will teach it more and even clearer - you YOURSELF agree that pre-marital sex wasn't mentioned to mean fornication but you can't leave it at that, you're inferring your own meanings by human traditions. Folks like you makes the word of God of no effect, get it right.
premarital sex isn't a sin? dats a shocker. bro, m beginning to suspect ur Expanded version of d bible....mayb u were d 1 dat did d expansion....dats crazy. ok, make a clear distinction between premarital sex and fornication....anh anh, Goshen d son of moses.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
vooks:
Jesus

grin grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Story story...... story. grin grin grin

So now Melchizedek DIED i THOUGHT IT READS NO BEGGINING OR END OF LIFE

the devils children are really confused.

Inspiration is all you need to come out from this matrix you are plugged into. grin

lawless son of the lawless man. grin grin
pls na, no insults.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
pls na, no insults.

Devils and Lawless men are totally scriptural.

It is what it is. cheesy
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanrywatt:
Amen, but wait oo.....Melchizedek in d days of Abraham Was the personification of God Himself? God Almighty is spirit...doh ntn is too hard 4 Him to do. He revealed Himself wholely to Abraham is that it?? and moses could Only see His back...........Omehn, if that's what ur tryna say am afraid I dnt agree. Even Christ said NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
Amen, but wait oo.....Melchizedek in d days of Abraham Was the personification of God Himself? God Almighty is spirit...doh ntn is too hard 4 Him to do. He revealed Himself wholely to Abraham is that it?? and moses could Only see His back...........Omehn, if that's what ur tryna say am afraid I dnt agree. Even Christ said NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER.

But yet christ told you I and the father are 1.

So which other face you come dey look for??

Confusion galore. grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
vooks:
Was Melchizedek Jesus?

To me, No.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hebrews 7:3, 15-16 KJV

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

vooks:
Meaning there is no record of his birth nor death
Gr. apator, ametor, agenealogetos" translated. into without father, without mother without recorded genealogy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Before you start posting like a mad-man, you need to first understand what was meant by the "order". Am helping you out with an extract from Strong's Concordance.....

4. the post, rank, or position which one holds in civil or other affairs; and since this position generally depends on one's talents, experience, resources, τάξις becomes equivalent to character, fashion, quality, style, (2 Macc. 9:18 2Macc. 1:19; οὐ γάρ ἱστορίας, ἀλλά κουρεακης λαλιᾶς ἐμοί δοκοῦσι τάξιν ἔχειν, Polybius 3, 20, 5): κατά τήν τάξιν (for which in Hebrews 7:15 we have κατά τήν ὁμοιότητα) Μελχισέδεκ, after the manner of the priesthood (A. V. order) of Melchizedek (according to the Sept. of Psalm 109:5 () עַל־דִּבְרָתִי), Hebrews 5:6, 10; Hebrews 6:20; Hebrews 7:11, 17, 21

Christ priesthood resembles that of Melchi, the priesthood are not the same. The nature of resemblance clearly stated in Hebrews 7.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
mbaemeka:

vooks:
Was Melchizedek Jesus?

mbaemeka:

To me, No.

If Melchizedek is not Jesus, then the belief/view that Melchi did not die cannot be correct. Hebrews 7 says Melchi remains a priest forever and we know there is only one High priest (Christ).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Zikkyy:

If Melchizedek is not Jesus, then the belief/view that Melchi did not die cannot be correct. Hebrews 7 says Melchi remains a priest forever and we know there is only one High priest (Christ).

He can be Deity without being Jesus himself. The Holy Spirit appeared as a man a couple of times in the OT. That's what people call a theophany. I am tilting towards that.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
mbaemeka:
Hebrews 7:3, 15-16 KJV
Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

The bit in blue and red font is proof that the Hebrew writer did not consider Christ and Melchizedek to be one and the same person.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
mbaemeka:

He can be Deity without being Jesus himself. The Holy Spirit appeared as a man a couple of times in the OT. That's what people call a theophany. I am tilting towards that.

...and he was also a priest of the most high God. If truly he remains a priest forever, who is in currently serving as the high priest? Christ or Melchizedek?

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Hebrews 7:3, Expanded Bible (EXB)
No one knows who Melchizedek’s father or mother was [ …without father, without mother], ·where he came from [L without genealogy], when he was born, or when he died [ having neither beginning of days, nor end of life;  something unstated was assumed not to exist]. Melchizedek is like the Son of God; he continues being a priest forever [ Melchizedek’s unmentioned genealogy in Genesis is, by analogy, like Jesus’ eternal Sonship and priesthood].

When KJV said, "neither having beginning of days nor end of life", its a phrase referring to "when he was born and when he died". The question I have asked people who teach Melchizedek is Christ is, if he was a man LIKE Christ, did he fall from heaven when scripture says, ONLY Adam was created BUT every OTHER MAN ON EARTH WAS BORN BY A WOMAN, EVEN CHRIST WAS BORN OF A WOMAN AS A MAN.

Another question we can ask the advocate of "Melchizedek is Christ" is, does it mean that Christ was here on earth before his virgin birth? Many things or object appeared as a foreshadow of Christ in the OT but those where not exact Christ. Think about this scripture,

Galatians 4:4, Amplified Bible (AMP)
But when the proper time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born subject to [the regulations of] the Law,

We can understand from this scripture that, there was a "proper time" Christ came. So, he could not have come "before" the proper time in person of Melchizedek until he was born of a woman BUT that Hebrew scriptures says, Melchizedek didn't have mother. Offcourse he had a mother, the name of his mother and father wasn't recorded nor exactly known and was missing in the genealogy so he (Melchi) can be preserved to fit the "description and comparison" of Christ when he said "MADE LIKE" the Son of God.

I know you don't like it when I arm myself with biblical references and what biblical scholars have to say about it but you got no choice in this matter. You cannot make me drop my weapon so that you can bring me down to your level and then beat me with experience.

This is what the Scripture says and how it can be properly interpreted:

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" (Hebrew 7:3).

7:3 end of life. This unique description surely implies far more than a mere failure to mention Melchizedec’s genealogy, as the standard naturalistic explanation of this passage has it. The only one of whom these statements could actually be true is God Himself, appearing to Abraham in a pre-incarnate theophany. God appeared to Abraham on other later occasions (e.g., Genesis 17:1; 18:1), but on this occasion, almost overwhelmed by the hostile, ungodly world around him, Abraham needed special comfort and encouragement from God. Thus the Lord (actually God the Son), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (I Timothy 2:5), came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:19).

Hebrews 7:3
7:3 like unto the Son of God. No mere earthly king was ever “made like unto the Son of God,” nor was there ever one who “abideth a priest continually (same word as “forever”). It is difficult to see how these descriptions could be properly applied to anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ, who came to encourage Abraham in this unique pre-incarnate experience, assuming a human form “like unto” that which He would assume forever when He became the incarnate Son of God. For the first time He founded and implemented forever the priestly order of Melchizedec.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / The Egypt Hollywood Never Shows You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.