Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? (30649 Views)

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

But yet christ told you I and the father are 1.

So which other face you come dey look for??

Confusion galore. grin grin grin
deriz notin confusing about it....a man gets married to a woman n de r said 2 b 1....what's d confusion in it? d FATHER n d Son are 1, but u and I knw de are different. they are one in many facets.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I know you don't like it when I arm myself with biblical references and what biblical scholars have to say about it but you got no choice in this matter. You cannot make me drop my weapon so that you can bring me down to your level and then beat me with experience.

This is what the Scripture says and how it can be properly interpreted:

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" (Hebrew 7:3).

Post by OLAADEGBU: 7:3 end of life. This unique description surely implies far more than a mere failure to mention Melchizedec’s genealogy, as the standard naturalistic explanation of this passage has it. The only one of whom these statements could actually be true is God Himself, appearing to Abraham in a pre-incarnate theophany. God appeared to Abraham on other later occasions (e.g., Genesis 17:1; 18:1), but on this occasion, almost overwhelmed by the hostile, ungodly world around him, Abraham needed special comfort and encouragement from God. Thus the Lord (actually God the Son), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (I Timothy 2:5), came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:19).

Ola, are you saying Christ was already serving as priest of the most high God before Abraham and prior to crucifixion? So why the need for the Levi priesthood? Are you also saying that Christ shut down his priestly office during the time Levites performed the role of high priest?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
mbaemeka:

He can be Deity without being Jesus himself. The Holy Spirit appeared as a man a couple of times in the OT. That's what people call a theophany. I am tilting towards that.
bro, ur post is making sense.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I know you don't like it when I arm myself with biblical references and what biblical scholars have to say about it but you got no choice in this matter. You cannot make me drop my weapon so that you can bring me down to your level and then beat me with experience.

This is what the Scripture says and how it can be properly interpreted:

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" (Hebrew 7:3).

eh mayb.....but lyk I said.....Christ had a MOTHER, foster father n genealogy.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
mbaemeka:
Hebrews 7:3, 15-16 KJV

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually. And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

indeed. d bible talked about similitude of Melchizedek n d rising of ANOTHER PRIEST. similarity.....That makes Them different.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
deriz notin confusing about it....a man gets married to a woman n de r said 2 b 1....what's d confusion in it? d FATHER n d Son are 1, but u and I knw de are different. they are one in many facets.

Anathema!!

you and I know no such thing.

sounds lunatic when you say they are 1 yet different.

its either they are or they are not.

wise up. wink
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
indeed. d bible talked about similitude of Melchizedek n d rising of ANOTHER PRIEST. similarity.....That makes Them different.

Different in physical character or in spirit?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Anathema!!

you and I know no such thing.

sounds lunatic when you say they are 1 yet different.

its either they are or they are not.

wise up. wink
that's jux 2 cheap. I gave u instance. husband n wife r 1, yet different. Christ teaching.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Different in physical character or in spirit?
in being.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
[
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ignorance is no excuse grin

Zikky There are only 2 Orders ordained by the most high God in all of Scripture. The order of Aaron and the order of Melchizedek.

When you now say things like the priesthood of Melchizedek and Christ are different you only exhibit your lack of understanding

Can you tell me what Order Christ belonged to and what are the ordinances of this order or simply put put what are the ordinances of his priesthood.

And hey thanks for comparing me to a mad man. My master was called the same.

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
in being.
;

grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanrywatt(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
Amen, but wait oo.....Melchizedek in d days of Abraham Was the personification of God Himself? God Almighty is spirit...doh ntn is too hard 4 Him to do. He revealed Himself wholely to Abraham is that it?? and moses could Only see His back...........Omehn, if that's what ur tryna say am afraid I dnt agree. Even Christ said NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER.

u can't come face to face with God in spirit form, which is y he had to take a body which can be seen in d person of Melchizedek becoming God in flesh period!!. Jesus said ur father Abraham saw my day and he rejoice wat he was saying is Abraham saw God in flesh which is a type or shadow of things to c some wen God manifested in Christ Jesus.
Jesus is the express image of God that is y when Philip asked him saying show us the father he said I av been with u all dis while yet uu asked show me d father and he said if u av seen me u av seen the father while cos he is d express image of God.
so Who is Melchizedek he Is God himself having no beginning and ending,
Melchizedek is the fleshly manifestation of God himself for Abraham to see cos u can't see him face to face in is spirit form period!!

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
that's jux 2 cheap. I gave u instance. husband n wife r 1, yet different. Christ teaching.

He who has seen me has seen the father.

John 14:9.

grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
I see my brother, Zikky, destroying these folks with questions they can't answer and they trying to spin around ... grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:
I see my brother, Zikky, destroying these folks with questions they can't answer and they trying to spin around ... grin grin grin

The Lawless man returns grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Zikky There are only 2 Orders ordained by the most high God in all of Scripture. The order of Aaron and the order of Melchizedek.
When you now say things like the priesthood of Melchizedek and Christ are different you only exhibit your lack of understanding
Can you tell me what Order Christ belonged to and what are the ordinances of this order or simply put put what are the ordinances of his priesthood.

'Order' refers to type or nature of priesthood. If you read the strong's Concordance i posted, you will observe that it is the character/nature of the priest that defines the type (order) of priesthood. The order of Aaron is a priesthood sustained by succession (since death prevented the priests from continuing in office). Melchi type priesthood is one where the priest remains in office continually.

Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[j] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

This is not to say Melchi and Jesus operates at the same level. Jesus offered himself as sacrifice to become high priest and continues to act as mediator. What was Melchi's job function? I know Abraham offered sacrifice without going through Melchi.

MostHigh:

And hey thanks for comparing me to a mad man. My master was called the same.

My apologies.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
lanxlot:
premarital sex isn't a sin? dats a shocker. bro, m beginning to suspect ur Expanded version of d bible....mayb u were d 1 dat did d expansion....dats crazy. ok, make a clear distinction between premarital sex and fornication....anh anh, Goshen d son of moses.

Religion has fed us with lies for years when we're babies in Christ. As we grow, study and mature, we study again what we've been taught and hold onto the truth, dropping religious teaching.

People have called me out on this subject before and I'm not ashamed to teach what I'm teaching because it offend some religious beliefs and thinking but that's the truth. If you like us to discuss it, you can open another thread with my ID, and I will discuss it with you.

But if I put it straight and simple, fornication is a sin, a great sin before God and there are many acts in the sin of fornication but pre - marital sex was never part of the sin of fornication. If you are open mind, I will show you scriptures by scriptures every mention of fornication, the acts of sin that was committed and why we have to allow scriptures interpret scriptures, not our good ideas.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Same priestly type (to the extent the priests don't die and remains in office forever) but Melchi did not handover to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

The Lawless man returns grin grin

I don't have your time. You're always insulting me even though we laugh at it, I don't care, it's online thing but you have nothing meaning to say other than insult.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Don't mind them jare smiley

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I don't have your time. You're always insulting me even though we laugh at it, I don't care, it's online thing but you have nothing meaning to say other than insult.

Goshen, it is what it is.

Why take offence at being called Lawless. You are proudly Lawless if I remember those are your words exactly.

The Lawless man is scriptural and you are Lawless.

Why you dey take am as insult??

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
MostHigh:

Goshen, it is what it is.

Why take offence at being called Lawless. You are proudly Lawless if I remember those are your words exactly.

The Lawless man is scriptural and you are Lawless.

Why you dey take am as insult??

Whatever brother. .. grin grin grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MostHigh: 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
Goshen360:

Whatever brother. .. grin grin grin

That's the spirit. wink
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46am On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

Post by OLAADEGBU: 7:3 end of life. This unique description surely implies far more than a mere failure to mention Melchizedec’s genealogy, as the standard naturalistic explanation of this passage has it. The only one of whom these statements could actually be true is God Himself, appearing to Abraham in a pre-incarnate theophany. God appeared to Abraham on other later occasions (e.g., Genesis 17:1; 18:1), but on this occasion, almost overwhelmed by the hostile, ungodly world around him, Abraham needed special comfort and encouragement from God. Thus the Lord (actually God the Son), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (I Timothy 2:5), came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:19).

Ola, are you saying Christ was already serving as priest of the most high God before Abraham and prior to crucifixion? So why the need for the Levi priesthood? Are you also saying that Christ shut down his priestly office during the time Levites performed the role of high priest?

What do you know about a pre-incarnate theophany? Study the Scriptures and you will discover that this was not the only time Abraham experienced a theophany.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47am On Dec 04, 2014
lanxlot:

eh mayb.....but lyk I said.....Christ had a MOTHER, foster father n genealogy.

Are you saying Christ had a beginning and and end?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 4:03am On Dec 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

he had no beginning neither end...av said it b4....tin is, sum oda qualities in verse 3 is a bit off as described....note, paul also said Melchizedek has no geneology, but..Christ had, neither MOTHER nor father, Christ had a mother.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 4:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Goshen360:

Religion has fed us with lies for years when we're babies in Christ. As we grow, study and mature, we study again what we've been taught and hold onto the truth, dropping religious teaching.

People have called me out on this subject before and I'm not ashamed to teach what I'm teaching because it offend some religious beliefs and thinking but that's the truth. If you like us to discuss it, you can open another thread with my ID, and I will discuss it with you.

But if I put it straight and simple, fornication is a sin, a great sin before God and there are many acts in the sin of fornication but pre - marital sex was never part of the sin of fornication. If you are open mind, I will show you scriptures by scriptures every mention of fornication, the acts of sin that was committed and why we have to allow scriptures interpret scriptures, not our good ideas.
I dnt even need d scripture 2 tel me that premarital sex is a sin. u shud know frm intuation dat it is wrong, and what is wrong is wrong. no use painting it.....premarital sex is wrong, so a sin. u avent distinguished between fornication n premarital sex as I asked.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by MightySparrow: 4:15am On Dec 04, 2014
I think he is the same Jesus playing some pranks in all ages with humanity. The same that appeared to Abraham, wrestled with Jacob, ate with patriarch Exo. 24:10, who set his throne in Jerusalem before Israelites came there I Chron. 29: 23 born of virgin Mary. towards the end of Revelations He alone sat upon the throne Rev.21: 22; Rev 22: 1;3.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 4:30am On Dec 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Confusion in 3D mode!!! grin grin grin Christ is the Son of God. That is, the Son-God. Jesus is the Man of God, that is, the Man-God. Christ is the Deity in the Jesus of the earthly. So we understand that, great is the mystery of Godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. As God, Christ has no beginning but as the man Jesus, HE HAS A BEGINNING OF DAYS (Matthew 1) AND END OF LIFE (Matthew 27:50, John 19:30, Luke 23:46, Mark 15:39).
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 4:38am On Dec 04, 2014
lanxlot:
I dnt even need d scripture 2 tel me that premarital sex is a sin. u shud know frm intuation dat it is wrong, and what is wrong is wrong. no use painting it.....premarital sex is wrong, so a sin. u avent distinguished between fornication n premarital sex as I asked.

Whenever I get the opportunity to talk about this subject, many people are of the opinion that I'm endorsing immoral lifestyle but the truth is, we desire to study the bible truth. Many things are men good idea but God never called them sin in His word. I will rather prefer we discuss this on a separate thread IF YOU WANT TO BUT IF NOT, WE CAN CONCENTRATE ON THIS MELCHIZEDEK TOPIC, hopefully we'll discuss another day. However, I didn't make those distinction you asked because it will still get us into the discuss but it's not what I want to discuss on this thread.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 7:15am On Dec 04, 2014
Theophanies came and went. Melchizedek was a King of a historical city Salem,was well known to Abraham

Heb 7:14
now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils.

What is stressed in Hebrews is the SIMILARITIES paralled in ministry not the nature of his being to that of Christ.

The Word became flesh when Jesus was born of Mary.This ought to put out of misery any belief in pre-incarnate appearances of Jesus. And don't take me to Daniel's fiery furnace

I heard Jews believed Melchizedek was Shem son of Noah. He outlived Abraham by 35 years and could have been the oldest guy at that time. Now, look at Job offering sacrifices for his kids. That was the order before Moses. The father was the priest and sometimes the grandfather....

OLAADEGBU:

What do you know about a pre-incarnate theophany? Study the Scriptures and you will discover that this was not the only time Abraham experienced a theophany.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / Catholic Priest Batters 70-year--Old Man In Anambra / Buhari Okays N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.