Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? (30706 Views)

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
mbaemeka:

My friend, Jesus ascended twice. You would have to ignore clear scriptures to suggest otherwise and if you reduce the discussion to coagulated blood and jars then it would be preposterous and absurd.
Sir, you have to stretch imagery to absurdity to sustain an even worse absurdity called double ascension theory. Somebody told me that Oyakhilome is against graphics depicting Holy Spirit as a dove.

Now, I told you something and you should do well to study it. There is NOTHING that suggests any of these things being explained in Hebrews didn't happen in Heaven. The question you should ask yourself was who was in heaven to see these things and explain them? There are somethings that the book of Hebrews said that are only found in the book, without which we would NEVER have known or understood Christ's priestly role. So you should do well to get the full picture.

Equally there some things in Romans without which we would NEVER have understood things like the future of Israel, relationship between the covenants and so forth. Point is Hebrews carrying unique teachings is nothing to dwell on here.

Christ NEVER ascended with his blood to heaven at no time to offer nothing. The sacrifice and blood was offered and finished at calvary. You can do me a favor and state your biggest conviction on this and I will rebut it right here
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
I believe we both don't worship no translation nor paraphrase. We are brothers wink

The point is anybody arguing that since Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is his father and this is evidenced by Jesus being the prince of peace while Holy Spirit/Melchizedek is King of Peace is not making any sense
mbaemeka:

What I meant is the MSG mistranslated that verse. It is not an aberration. Some translators did so according to their own understanding, some of which were erroneous.

The AMP for example, said "through the power of the Holy spirit". How else will anyone say a woman got pregnant except by the power of some other person?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:

1. Abraham offering tithe to him is not necessarily a sign of submission to him as a king. Dude was a priest of the Most high at the same time.

Your hypothesis is;
1. Jesus is Child of the Holy Ghost
2.Jesus is the Prince of Peace
3. Melchizedek is King of Peace

CONCLUSION
Melchizedek is Holy Ghost

Lol! grin
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
mbaemeka:

Abraham did not relate with any other priest the same way, and you cannot say that Melchizedek was the only priest of the most high God.

I am not aware of any other priest (of the most high God). Maybe you can help.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

"after the power of an endless life" has nothing to do with Melchizedek, it refers to Christ divine nature.

mbaemeka:

WRONG again. The bible said "Just like Melchizedek, there arose another priest who was made after the power of an endless life". You can juxtapose it with the first description saying "neither having beginning of days nor END OF LIFE".

What i read you say here is that Christ claim to 'endless life' flows from his priesthood similar to/(after the) order (priestly type) of Melchizedek.

15 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life".

The Levi priest become priest according to the Mosaic law. i.e. one based on succession from father to son (carnal commandment). Christ claim to a priesthood that is eternal flows from his immortality.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

The Hebrews writer focus was on the priesthood (as defined by the character/nature of the priest). Jesus did not come 'after' Melchizedek, his priesthood resembles that of Melchizedek.

in arguing your case for theophany, you deliberately ignore the fact that Melchizedek was also a priest. Can you please tell us if the Holy Ghost is also a priest of the most high God. or maybe you are saying Melchizedek was never a priest?

That's the point. Jesus did not come after the order of anybody ( i don't even understand what you mean by 'order'). The reference to Melchizedek is to show resemblance (based on perception).

Eli, Eleazer etc were priests after the order of Aaron. Their priesthood was born from Aaron's priesthood that's what it means. How else will Jesus' priesthood resemble Melchizedek's?

lol, I didn't deliberately avoid anything of the sort. The Holy Spirit took upon varying roles in each of his visits. In this case, he was a priest, the same one offering bread and wine to Abraham which is significant because that was the communion. That Jesus is presently our high priest has nothing to remove from the Holy Spirits role. It is easy for one to confuse the Holy Spirit's personality for Jesus' because he is Allos Parakletos- one of the same kind with the son. Thus the Man, Melchizedek was a priest.

Jesus came after the order od Melchizedek. The father belabored that enough in the scriptures. It was nobody's perception but the almighty Father's.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
mbaemeka:

After his order means exactly AFTER HIS ORDER.

How do you define order?

See Strong's Concordance...

4. the post, rank, or position which one holds in civil or other affairs; and since this position generally depends on one's talents, experience, resources, τάξις becomes equivalent to character, fashion, quality, style, (2 Macc. 9:18 2Macc. 1:19; οὐ γάρ ἱστορίας, ἀλλά κουρεακης λαλιᾶς ἐμοί δοκοῦσι τάξιν ἔχειν, Polybius 3, 20, 5): κατά τήν τάξιν (for which in Hebrews 7:15 we have κατά τήν ὁμοιότητα) Μελχισέδεκ, after the manner of the priesthood (A. V. order) of Melchizedek (according to the Sept. of Psalm 109:5 () עַל־דִּבְרָתִי), Hebrews 5:6, 10; Hebrews 6:20; Hebrews 7:11, 17, 21

After (similar to/resembles) the post/type/manner (based on the priest's character/nature) of Melchizedek (priesthood).
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:

Sir, you have to stretch imagery to absurdity to sustain an even worse absurdity called double ascension theory. Somebody told me that Oyakhilome is against graphics depicting Holy Spirit as a dove.

Equally there some things in Romans without which we would NEVER have understood things like the future of Israel, relationship between the covenants and so forth. Point is Hebrews carrying unique teachings is nothing to dwell on here.

Christ NEVER ascended with his blood to heaven at no time to offer nothing. The sacrifice and blood was offered and finished at calvary. You can do me a favor and state your biggest conviction on this and I will rebut it right here

So let me take you step by step. The scriptures will tell which idea is absurd.

1. John 20:17. Where was Jesus going to here? Let us start from there.

2. The teachings Hebrews carried was to help clarify on some of the things we did not understand post-resurrection. That's what I meant.

3. Hebrews 9:11-12. We can also start from here.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:
I believe we both don't worship no translation nor paraphrase. We are brothers wink

The point is anybody arguing that since Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is his father and this is evidenced by Jesus being the prince of peace while Holy Spirit/Melchizedek is King of Peace is not making any sense

The Holy Spirit is sometimes referred to as the Carrier of the Father's presence. He is the one who takes the presence of the father from place to place. He was the one who created the man Jesus. We should just stick to the script.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

I am not aware of any other priest (of the most high God). Maybe you can help.

Was Aaron a priest of the most low Devil?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

What i read you say here is that Christ claim to 'endless life' flows from his priesthood similar to/(after the) order (priestly type) of Melchizedek.

15 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life".

The Levi priest become priest according to the Mosaic law. i.e. one based on succession from father to son (carnal commandment). Christ claim to a priesthood that is eternal flows from his immortality.

I said (based on that verse) that Melchizedek (like Christ) had a forever priesthood. Not only that but was made after the power of an endless life. You cannot separate which to arrogate to Melchi and Jesus especially when the scriptures gave you no such authority. The verse was clear.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:

the Holy spirit the FATHER of Jesus? lol, Comedian. Christ Was conceived BY d power of the Holy spirit. scientist sumtyms through artificial insemination bring about d birth of a child. it doesn't make d scientist d fada.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
mbaemeka:

WRONG again. The bible said "Just like Melchizedek, there arose another priest who was made after the power of an endless life". You can juxtapose it with the first description saying "neither having beginning of days nor END OF LIFE".

You forgot to add this bit in red font...

....without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God.....

It is Melchizedek that resembles Christ.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
mbaemeka:

The Jews don't see Melchizedek as still occupying his office- they didn't even know much about him. It was God almighty that said Jesus will be a priest forever just like Melchizedek.

@bolded, you do agree that Melchizedek is a priest, and he is a priest forever. and you are of the opinion Melchizedek is not Jesus. so if Melchizedek is priest forever, where is his office currently?

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
John 20:17 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus says He is going to the father. What's the quarrel?
mbaemeka:

So let me take you step by step. The scriptures will tell which idea is absurd.

1. John 20:17. Where was Jesus going to here? Let us start from there.

2. The teachings Hebrews carried was to help clarify on some of the things we did not understand post-resurrection. That's what I meant.

3. Hebrews 9:11-12. We can also start from here.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

You forgot to add this bit in red font...
....without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God.....
It is Melchizedek that resembles Christ.

How does he resemble the son of God?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

@bolded, you do agree that Melchizedek is a priest, and he is a priest forever. and you are of the opinion Melchizedek is not Jesus. so if Melchizedek is priest forever, where is his office currently?

He is still a priest forever.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:
John 20:17 (KJV)
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus says He is going to the father. What's the quarrel?

AND SAY UNTO THEM I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER AND YOUR FATHER. . .

He Ascended that moment. That is clear enough. Was it 10 days away from Pentecost on this day?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
He said he would ascend to the father. Where is it written he ascended that moment?

mbaemeka:

AND SAY UNTO THEM I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER AND YOUR FATHER. . .

He Ascended that moment. That is clear enough. Was it 10 days away from Pentecost on this day?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Gombs(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
MostHigh:

Weak interpretation. grin

[size=40pt]The focus is on the unending nature of his priesthood and not natural birth or death.[/size]

Goshen the false teacher. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

How did a priest end up a theophany

You cannot even defend your own post. This is one of the hazard of posting other peeps opinion.

What is a pre-incarnate theophany?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
vooks:
He said he would ascend to the father. Where is it written he ascended that moment?

Didn't you see "Go and tell them?". Why did he tell her to tell them? Why didn't he do it himself?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by twosquare(m): 12:46am On Dec 05, 2014
lanxlot:
For this Melchizedek, king of salem, priest of the most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of salem, Meaning "king of peace,"
3, WITHOUT FATHER, WITHOUT MOTHER, WITHOUT GENEALOGY, HAVING NEITHER BEGINNING OF DAYS NOR END OF LIFE, BUT MADE LIKE THE SON OF GOD, REMAINS A PRIEST CONTINUALLY.

Some persons i discussed with said He is Jesus, but idontbilivit for the following:
1, without father; Jesus had a foster father.
2, without mother, I just cannot take away the position of mary.
3, without geneology; the geneology of Jesus Was recorded in the book of matthew chapter 1 vs 1-17.
4; having neither beginning of days nor end of life. ok, this may just be the reason why some say that this Melchizedek is Christ. for Christ had no beginning, neither will he have an end.
but made like the son of God, remains a priest continually. Jesus Is'nt LIKE, He is the son of God.
what if am wrong, and if the person as described is'nt Jesus, who is He?
Melchizedek was a guy who lost his name in the walk of faith, after navigating through all the realms of Righteousness...he became the king of Salem and another name was conferred on him which is an order called Melchizedek. In other words, He was a king of Peace and attained that state by sojourning with a Spirit(God). No one can be a king of Salem without first becoming a father of Faith and be a king of righteousness. This man lost his earthly properties and entered into another kind of "days" which most men never entered. It is the realm of He who has neither the beginning of days nor the end of life. That's the realm of Yahweh, the realm of the Eternal One. This man who was given Melchizedek mastered eternal life and his days were not found again among the sons of men.
Melchizedek was a man who saw the kingdom in the beginning of times, and finished the course of what it entails...he became a priest(spiritual) and gave Abraham the communion, to help him in his walk of faith. The king of peace, this man who is also a king of righteousness blessed the Father of Faith. He was a man like us, but found favour to enter into the realm of God. That's the simplest way I can explain it to u.._utterance sometimes can be difficult.

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Confused religion.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 05, 2014
twosquare:
Melchizedek was a guy who lost his name in the walk of faith, after navigating through all the realms of Righteousness...he became the king of Salem and another name was conferred on him which is an order called Melchizedek. In other words, He was a king of Peace and attained that state by sojourning with a Spirit(God). No one can be a king of Salem without first becoming a father of Faith and be a king of righteousness. This man lost his earthly properties and entered into another kind of "days" which most men never entered. It is the realm of He who has neither the beginning of days nor the end of life. That's the realm of Yahweh, the realm of the Eternal One. This man who was given Melchizedek mastered eternal life and his days were not found again among the sons of men.
Melchizedek was a man who saw the kingdom in the beginning of times, and finished the course of what it entails...he became a priest(spiritual) and gave Abraham the communion, to help him in his walk of faith. The king of peace, this man who is also a king of righteousness blessed the Father of Faith. He was a man like us, but found favour to enter into the realm of God. That's the simplest way I can explain it to u.._utterance sometimes can be difficult.
Is this one reading another bible
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 4:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Good question. Jesus appeared to the disciples throughout the forty days intermittently. He told her to tell them because that's the only reason he appeared to her; to make her and others witnesses of his resurrection. Note he did it later in the day

mbaemeka:

Didn't you see "Go and tell them?". Why did he tell her to tell them? Why didn't he do it himself?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 4:19am On Dec 05, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
Confused religion.
shut ur hole.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Who needs scriptures when you have an unbeaten hallucination streak?
Bidam:
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by twosquare(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2014
Bidam:
it is because you can't see beyond the surface.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 10:25am On Dec 05, 2014
There is NOTHING between the lines, but you are free to full the space up with hallucinations to your perdition
twosquare:
it is because you can't see beyond the surface.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 10:29am On Dec 05, 2014
There is no record of his birth nor death. That's the closest you come to defining eternity. But absence of these records is no evidence of immortality, otherwise everybody in OT without these would equally qualify.

You need to look at Melchizedek in Hebrews as largely an argument from silence/absence of records
mbaemeka:

How does he resemble the son of God?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by twosquare(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2014
vooks:
There is NOTHING between the lines, but you are free to full the space up with hallucinations to your perdition
sorry mate, I speak through the Spirit of Revelation and speak of patriarchs I have been shown. Do not be embittered in your soul, nor give your mind unto folly that will debar you to access the light of the Holy One.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor David Ogbueli Celebrates 51st Birthday: Biography, Founder Dominion City / Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.