Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? (30739 Views)

Is Melchizedek God Almighty? / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / The Cult of Black Hebrew Israelites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 10:38am On Dec 05, 2014
There are 7 billion souls on earth as we speak. If every one of them 'spoke through the Spirit of Revelation' of the lunacy they have been shown, there'd be no need for the Holy scriptures.

Against what can we test your revelations if not the revealed Word of God?
twosquare:
sorry mate, I speak through the Spirit of Revelation and speak of patriarchs I have been shown. Do not be embittered in your soul, nor give your mind unto folly that will debar you to access the light of the Holy One.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
twosquare:
it is because you can't see beyond the surface.
So it is only you that saw beyond the surface abi? Who is the commentary that would back up this "revelation" of yours? Can you quote him let us know?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
There is a pal of mine who told me that God had shown him my wife in his church. You don't want to imagine the turmoil this then single negro went through. What made it worse was I had nothing to show for all my prayers and dating. Am happily married to my Empress and she was not from that church. These private revelations are what drove McArthur to set up a Strange Fire Confrence. Utter BS
Bidam:
So it is only you that saw beyond the surface abi? Who is the commentary that would back up this "revelation" of yours? Can you quote him let us know?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
vooks:
There is a pal of mine who told me that God had shown him my wife in his church. You don't want to imagine the turmoil this then single negro went through. What made it worse was I had nothing to show for all my prayers and dating. Am happily married to my Empress and she was not from that church. These private revelations are what drove McArthur to set up a Strange Fire Confrence. Utter BS
Lol, your friend wants to form a prophet. Anyway that Mcarthur chap is making a good job deluding folks and they are buying his piece of garbage sha.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2014
mbaemeka:

The Holy Spirit took upon varying roles in each of his visits. In this case, he was a priest, the same one offering bread and wine to Abraham which is significant because that was the communion. That Jesus is presently our high priest has nothing to remove from the Holy Spirits role.

You are saying the Melchizedek was actually the Holy Spirit, and we read the Hebrews writer saying Melchizedek remains a priest forever. Are you saying the Holy Spirit remains a priest forever? and i thought Christ was the only priest presently in office.

4 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Zikkyy:

Melchizedek did not bless as King, Abraham received blessing from a priest (of the most high God).

mbaemeka:

Abraham did not relate with any other priest the same way, and you cannot say that Melchizedek was the only priest of the most high God.

Zikkyy:

I am not aware of any other priest (of the most high God). Maybe you can help.

mbaemeka:

Was Aaron a priest of the most low Devil?

I want to believe our discussion was about events (& priests) in Abraham's time, not about priests in Abraham's loins at the time he was being blessed by Melchizedek.

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by JesusisLord85: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
lanxlot:
For this Melchizedek, king of salem, priest of the most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of salem, Meaning "king of peace,"
3, WITHOUT FATHER, WITHOUT MOTHER, WITHOUT GENEALOGY, HAVING NEITHER BEGINNING OF DAYS NOR END OF LIFE, BUT MADE LIKE THE SON OF GOD, REMAINS A PRIEST CONTINUALLY.

Some persons i discussed with said He is Jesus, but idontbilivit for the following:
1, without father; Jesus had a foster father.
2, without mother, I just cannot take away the position of mary.
3, without geneology; the geneology of Jesus Was recorded in the book of matthew chapter 1 vs 1-17.
4; having neither beginning of days nor end of life. ok, this may just be the reason why some say that this Melchizedek is Christ. for Christ had no beginning, neither will he have an end.
but made like the son of God, remains a priest continually. Jesus Is'nt LIKE, He is the son of God.
what if am wrong, and if the person as described is'nt Jesus, who is He?

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Yashua said:
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanrywatt(m): 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bidam:
Is this one reading another bible
he is confuse ni Mitheeew
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Dec 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Question: "Who was Melchizedek?"

Answer: Melchizedek, whose name means “king of righteousness,” was a king of Salem (Jerusalem) and priest of the Most High God (Genesis 14:18–20; Psalm 110:4; Hebrews 5:6–11; 6:20—7:28). Melchizedek’s sudden appearance and disappearance in the book of Genesis is somewhat mysterious. Melchizedek and Abraham first met after Abraham’s defeat of Chedorlaomer and his three allies. Melchizedek presented bread and wine to Abraham and his weary men, demonstrating friendship. He bestowed a blessing on Abraham in the name of El Elyon (“God Most High”) and praised God for giving Abraham a victory in battle (Genesis 14:18–20).

Abraham presented Melchizedek with a tithe (a tenth) of all the items he had gathered. By this act Abraham indicated that he recognized Melchizedek as a priest who ranked higher spiritually than he.

In Psalm 110, a messianic psalm written by David (Matthew 22:43), Melchizedek is presented as a type of Christ. This theme is repeated in the book of Hebrews, where both Melchizedek and Christ are considered kings of righteousness and peace. By citing Melchizedek and his unique priesthood as a type, the writer shows that Christ’s new priesthood is superior to the old levitical order and the priesthood of Aaron (Hebrews 7:1–10).

Some propose that Melchizedek was actually a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ, or a Christophany. This is a possible theory, given that Abraham had received such a visit before. Consider Genesis 17 where Abraham saw and spoke with the Lord (El Shaddai) in the form of a man.

Hebrews 6:20 says, “[Jesus] has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.” This term order would ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office. None are ever mentioned, however, in the long interval from Melchizedek to Christ, an anomaly that can be solved by assuming that Melchizedek and Christ are really the same person. Thus the “order” is eternally vested in Him and Him alone.

Hebrews 7:3 says that Melchizedek was “without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.” The question is whether the author of Hebrews means this actually or figuratively.

If the description in Hebrews is literal, then it is indeed difficult to see how it could be properly applied to anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ. No mere earthly king “remains a priest forever,” and no mere human is “without father or mother.” If Genesis 14 describes a theophany, then God the Son came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:17–19), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (1 Timothy 2:5).

If the description of Melchizedek is figurative, then the details of having no genealogy, no beginning or ending, and a ceaseless ministry are simply statements accentuating the mysterious nature of the person who met Abraham. In this case, the silence in the Genesis account concerning these details is purposeful and better serves to link Melchizedek with Christ.

Are Melchizedek and Jesus the same person? A case can be made either way. At the very least, Melchizedek is a type of Christ, prefiguring the Lord’s ministry. But it is also possible that Abraham, after his weary battle, met and gave honor to the Lord Jesus Himself.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Melchizedek.html#ixzz3Kxtt1jSx

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by asalimpo(m): 1:16am On Dec 06, 2014
I guess this is one of those questions that will b very hard to answer categorically.
There's very lil scriptural backing,
so except the Holy Spirit illuminates more insight it remains mute.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
For this Melchizedek, king of salem, priest of the most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of salem, Meaning "king of peace,"
3, WITHOUT FATHER, WITHOUT MOTHER, WITHOUT GENEALOGY, HAVING NEITHER BEGINNING OF DAYS NOR END OF LIFE, BUT MADE LIKE THE SON OF GOD, REMAINS A PRIEST CONTINUALLY.

Some persons i discussed with said He is Jesus, but idontbilivit for the following:
1, without father; Jesus had a foster father.
2, without mother, I just cannot take away the position of mary.
3, without geneology; the geneology of Jesus Was recorded in the book of matthew chapter 1 vs 1-17.
4; having neither beginning of days nor end of life. ok, this may just be the reason why some say that this Melchizedek is Christ. for Christ had no beginning, neither will he have an end.
but made like the son of God, remains a priest continually. Jesus Is'nt LIKE, He is the son of God.
what if am wrong, and if the person as described is'nt Jesus, who is He?
those that want to impost Melkizedek on Jesus Christ are the thieves who are trying to scripturised their monetary tithe scam. Melkizedek was/is never Jesus and most certainly not God. The only reason we have Melki in the book of Hebrews was to show the superiority of Jesus priesthood to Aaronic/Levitical priesthood to the Jews the main target of the book of Hebrews. Now, the jews at this time could only undastand/accept 'a priesthood' only according the Aaronic/levitical arrangement, bc, God actually promised Aaron/Levites the priestly office as a gift for ever(Ex.28:43, 29:9, 40:15, Num 18:1-7. So the jews were so entrenched in levitical priesthood arrangement such that they could not undastand/accept Jesus priesthood hence d explanations and mention of Melki in Hebrews letter.

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2014
christemmbassey:
those that want to impost Melkizedek on Jesus Christ are the thieves who are trying to scripturised their monetary tithe scam. Melkizedek was/is never Jesus and most certainly not God. The only reason we have Melki in the book of Hebrews was to show the superiority of Jesus priesthood to Aaronic/Levitical priesthood to the Jews the main target of the book of Hebrews. Now, the jews at this time could only undastand/accept 'a priesthood' only according the Aaronic/levitical arrangement, bc, God actually promised Aaron/Levites the priestly office as a gift for ever(Ex.28:43, 29:9, 40:15, Num 18:1-7. So the jews were so entrenched in levitical priesthood arrangement such that they could not undastand/accept Jesus priesthood hence d explanations and mention of Melki in Hebrews letter.
I get ur point......u left out a tin doh.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
I get ur point......u left out a tin doh.
and what is dat bro?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 10:02am On Dec 06, 2014
christemmbassey:
and what is dat bro?
u said he isn't Christ. but didn't say who he is.....d way he Was described is Kindof a pictorial of God HIMSELF.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by lanxlot(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2014
christemmbassey:
and what is dat bro?
bro, av discussed this topic with pple. witnesses to b specific. de r often meticulous wen given responx On it. cux

if they say Its Jesus. it implies that their doctrine that Jesus Was created is false....sinx dat passage clearly noted no beginning of days nor end of life. doh sum of dem say Its Jesus.
if they say it isn't Jesus, I will say does it mean someone oda dan d almighty co-existed with the almighty from time immemorial?.....it poses a delimma for them.
like I said above, I believe it isn't Jesus, but I honestly do not knw who he is.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Zikkyy(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Melchizedek’s sudden appearance and disappearance in the book of Genesis is somewhat mysterious. Melchizedek and Abraham first met after Abraham’s defeat of Chedorlaomer and his three allies. Melchizedek presented bread and wine to Abraham and his weary men, demonstrating friendship. He bestowed a blessing on Abraham in the name of El Elyon (“God Most High”) and praised God for giving Abraham a victory in battle (Genesis 14:18–20).

@bolded, we cannot say for sure if that was their first and only meeting. Abraham's reaction does not indicate he was meeting a stranger for the first time.

OLAADEGBU:

Abraham presented Melchizedek with a tithe (a tenth) of all the items he had gathered. By this act Abraham indicated that he recognized Melchizedek as a priest who ranked higher spiritually than he.

....proof that Melchizedek was no stranger to Abraham. if Melchizedek was the Lord in human form, Abraham would have done the needful. i.e. hit the ground like he did in Genesis 18...... grin

The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.

OLAADEGBU:

In Psalm 110, a messianic psalm written by David (Matthew 22:43), Melchizedek is presented as a type of Christ. This theme is repeated in the book of Hebrews, where both Melchizedek and Christ are considered kings of righteousness and peace. By citing Melchizedek and his unique priesthood as a type, the writer shows that Christ’s new priesthood is superior to the old levitical order and the priesthood of Aaron (Hebrews 7:1–10).

Thank you. The term order simply refer to type. i.e. Jeus priesthood is similar to the Melchizedek type of priesthood.

OLAADEGBU:

Hebrews 6:20 says, “[Jesus] has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.” This term order would ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office. None are ever mentioned.........

unfortunately, this is how tithe preachers and lovers interpret the term 'order'.....i.e. Jesus priesthood is bound by the rules and regulations stipulated by the Melchizedek 'order'

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
u said he isn't Christ. but didn't say who he is.....d way he Was described is Kindof a pictorial of God HIMSELF.
d bible says he was Melkizedek is either d bible is saying d truh or not. I believe, its true. There was a Melkizedek, Abraham, Job, Moses etc.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:
bro, av discussed this topic with pple. witnesses to b specific. de r often meticulous wen given responx On it. cux

if they say Its Jesus. it implies that their doctrine that Jesus Was created is false....sinx dat passage clearly noted no beginning of days nor end of life. doh sum of dem say Its Jesus.
if they say it isn't Jesus, I will say does it mean someone oda dan d almighty co-existed with the almighty from time immemorial?.....it poses a delimma for them.
like I said above, I believe it isn't Jesus, but I honestly do not knw who he is.
Melkizedek is Melkizedek n JESUS IS JESUS.

2 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2014
Now, the book of Genesis does not put any mistery arround Melkizedek. When Abraham came back victorously from War, many kings went to welcome and congratulate him among whom were the kings of Sodom and the king-priest of Salem, Melkizedek, he was well-known to Abraham who interacted normally with no trace of ' ah ah, who is this?' so if the writer of hebrews was not inspired with Melki's origin and end, does not means dat he, Melki, was a spirit, he was a physical being, well-known not only to Abraham but to other kings.. Like I said, d writer of hebrews was just trying to show d jews dat there was actually other priesthood ordained by God besides and better than the levitical priesthood, which was d only priesthood known and accepted by the jews religion.

3 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
lanxlot:

Let's test the above highlight IF HE WAS GOD HIMSELF..... grin grin grin

Goshen360:

If that verse is God Himself, let's put it in scripture and see how it reads:

King James Bible

For this Melchisedec GOD, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;

To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

(This GOD....as in verse 1 above continued in description is....) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like to the Son of God; abides a priest continually

Hebrew 7:1-3.

Compare the highlights in RED and ask yourself, was the verse comparing ONE person to another or TWO DIFFERENT people OR IS IT JUST ONE PERSON IN DISGUISE?
2. Who are the TWO compared?
3. Was that verse comparing Melchizedek to Christ OR Christ to Melchizedek?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goshen360,
John must be schizophrenic for telling us the Word became flesh seeing he'd been flesh and ran a kingdom a few hundreds of years before he was born.

4 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
Zikkyy:

unfortunately, this is how tithe preachers and lovers interpret the term 'order'.....i.e. Jesus priesthood is bound by the rules and regulations stipulated by the Melchizedek 'order'

I just stopped reading that crap Ola copied from a website and posted it here. Does he even read what he post sometimes? How can a honest student of the bible say something like that:

Hebrews 6:20 says, “[Jesus] has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.” This term order would ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office. None are ever mentioned.........

So, Jesus succeeded to hold the office of Melchizedek? I laugh in 3D....... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SMH literally!!!
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by Goshen360(m): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
vooks:
Goshen360,
John must be schizophrenic for telling us the Word became flesh seeing he'd been flesh and ran a kingdom a few hundreds of years before he was born.

^ Thanks my brother from another mother but same Father... grin grin grin ([s]If they like, make them say our Father married more than one wife[/s]).... grin grin grin. You see, these guys have no mercy for truth. In their mind, they know the truth but fighting against the truth. I'm just trying not to stretch this topic too much because even in their stupid terms such as Christophony and all that non-sense. It's just deceptions!!! When a type appears in the OT, the substance will have to do the same in the NT to fulfill the acts of the OT in order to be considered types\shadows.

Christ, our High Priest, did not come to collect tithe but to BLESS!!! That's why you didn't read Melchi demanding tithe BEFORE blessing Abraham. Abraham was already blessed without tithing in Genesis 13. You can't tie Christ's blessings to tithe in the NT. When a man is blessed, he knows what to do as a Christian, you don't have to teach him to give. Hence, we read.....unto whom Abraham GAVE....not PAY tithe. Every GIVING is always a certain % of one's income. The NT doesn't specify a FIXED %, that's 10 to believers. Hence, Abraham giving 10% is not a LAW to Christians, it's an example of Christian giving WITHOUT A FIXED % since we have not stipulated % in our Christian giving.

But when preachers and brothers such as we see on this forum use Abraham tithing to demand 10%. Then, they have to follow the rest of Abraham's standard in that same context - keep nothing to yourself and return the rest 90%. Why take the 10% and ignore the acts of Abraham on the rest 90%. That's why on one hand, they want to justify tithe now with Abraham example but they make a LAW out of it. Abraham could have given 1% or 15% or 9% or 20% or whatever. Abraham didn't OWE Melchi nothing, why should he PAY tithe. So, in the NT, when a man is blessed, he knows how much he's blessed - let him decide what to give....every giving is always a certain % of one's income. Let the man decide on his own, don't stipulate his giving.

Another silly argument is, many things\acts pre-dated the law AND was instructed\incorporated in the law which was all abolished in the NT, could not tithe had pre-dated the law, incorporated also in the law and later abolished in the NT? I haven't got no answers to this question of mine.....maybe one day, I will.

Long story short, these Melchi argument is still an effort to sustain tithe scam since the law argument failed in the face of scriptures and sound doctrine and we all know it.

3 Likes

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goshen360:

^ Thanks my brother from another mother but same Father... grin grin grin ([s]If they like, make them say our Father married more than one wife[/s]).... grin grin grin. You see, these guys have no mercy for truth. In their mind, they know the truth but fighting against the truth. I'm just trying not to stretch this topic too much because even in their stupid terms such as Christophony and all that non-sense. It's just deceptions!!! When a type appears in the OT, the substance will have to do the same in the NT to fulfill the acts of the OT in order to be considered types\shadows.

Christ, our High Priest, did not come to collect tithe but to BLESS!!! That's why you didn't read Melchi demanding tithe BEFORE blessing Abraham. Abraham was already blessed without tithing in Genesis 13. You can't tie Christ's blessings to tithe in the NT. When a man is blessed, he knows what to do as a Christian, you don't have to teach him to give. Hence, we read.....unto whom Abraham GAVE....not PAY tithe. Every GIVING is always a certain % of one's income. The NT doesn't specify a FIXED %, that's 10 to believers. Hence, Abraham giving 10% is not a LAW to Christians, it's an example of Christian giving WITHOUT A FIXED % since we have not stipulated % in our Christian giving.

But when preachers and brothers such as we see on this forum use Abraham tithing to demand 10%. Then, they have to follow the rest of Abraham's standard in that same context - keep nothing to yourself and return the rest 90%. Why take the 10% and ignore the acts of Abraham on the rest 90%. That's why on one hand, they want to justify tithe now with Abraham example but they make a LAW out of it. Abraham could have given 1% or 15% or 9% or 20% or whatever. Abraham didn't OWE Melchi nothing, why should he PAY tithe. So, in the NT, when a man is blessed, he knows how much he's blessed - let him decide what to give....every giving is always a certain % of one's income. Let the man decide on his own, don't stipulate his giving.

Another silly argument is, many things\acts pre-dated the law AND was instructed\incorporated in the law which was all abolished in the NT, could not tithe had pre-dated the law, incorporated also in the law and later abolished in the NT? I haven't got no answers to this question of mine.....maybe one day, I will.

Long story short, these Melchi argument is still an effort to sustain tithe scam since the law argument failed in the face of scriptures and sound doctrine and we all know it.
this is true
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by vooks: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
My broda,
I hadn't seen it that way; they have purposed to make Melchizedek Jesus to 'prove' that Jesus collected tithes?
And this is why Salem MUST be a metaphor because theophanies don't rule over kingdoms.

A question, if Jesus was Melchizedek, what was the point of MAKING him a high priest after the order of Himself by an OATH?
Psalms 110:4 (ESV)
4 The LORD has sworn
and will not change his mind,
“You are a priest forever
after the order of Melchizedek.”

Goshen360:

1 Like

Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:
He said he would ascend to the father. Where is it written he ascended that moment?

He didn't say I WOULD ASCEND. He said "I ASCEND".
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:

Good question. Jesus appeared to the disciples throughout the forty days intermittently. He told her to tell them because that's the only reason he appeared to her; to make her and others witnesses of his resurrection. Note he did it later in the day

He didn't appear to her. Mary Magdalene went to his grave to embalm his body on the 3rd and was surprised by him. Then he said "don't touch me. Go and tell my brothers that I ascend to my father". The bible says she went to tell them. Later on the same day he came back and then appeared to them. This time he let them touch him. Why didn't he let her (Mary) touch him earlier on in the day?
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2014
vooks:
There is no record of his birth nor death. That's the closest you come to defining eternity. But absence of these records is no evidence of immortality, otherwise everybody in OT without these would equally qualify.

You need to look at Melchizedek in Hebrews as largely an argument from silence/absence of records

The flaw in this reasoning is that the bible didn't say "we have no records of his birth or death". That is what you have to make it say to take your position. The bible simply said "WITHOUT Father WITHOUT Mother. Neither HAVING beginning of days nor end of life". This is clear enough. Before we even add that the scriptures say their similarities as priests is in relation to their ENDLESS LIFE.

To make it clearer he concludes that God almighty declared that his son, Jesus would forever be a priest according to Melchizedek's order. If this doesn't say DEITY. Nothing else does.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
Zikkyy:

You are saying the Melchizedek was actually the Holy Spirit, and we read the Hebrews writer saying Melchizedek remains a priest forever. Are you saying the Holy Spirit remains a priest forever? and i thought Christ was the only priest presently in office.

Christ is NOT the ONLY priest. Christ is the SERVING HIGH priest for the WORLD while the Holy Spirit is a HIGH priest to ONLY Christians. They are high priests because the church now represents a nation of Kings and priests just like Jesus and Melchizedek are. In other words we are priests and they are high priests.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
mbaemeka:

The flaw in this reasoning is that the bible didn't say "we have no records of his birth or death". That is what you have to make it say to take your position. The bible simply said "WITHOUT Father WITHOUT Mother. Neither HAVING beginning of days nor end of life". This is clear enough. Before we even add that the scriptures say their similarities as priests is in relation to their ENDLESS LIFE.

To make it clearer he concludes that God almighty declared that his son, Jesus would forever be a priest according to Melchizedek's order. If this doesn't say DEITY. Nothing else does.
'in the ORDER of .....'' is the problem here, pls lets study this expression carefully. God bless.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by mbaemeka(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
Zikkyy:

I want to believe our discussion was about events (& priests) in Abraham's time, not about priests in Abraham's loins at the time he was being blessed by Melchizedek.

I believe the point I was trying to make to you is the "of the Most High God" didn't mean anything else but that seeing that other men had the same thing..including Jesus who you (I am sure) believe is God.
Re: N'landers, Who Is Melchizedek As Described In Hebrew 7vs1-3? by christemmbassey(m): 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
mbaemeka:

Christ is NOT the ONLY priest. Christ is the SERVING HIGH priest for the WORLD while the Holy Spirit is a HIGH priest to ONLY Christians. They are high priests because the church now represents a nation of Kings and priests just like Jesus and Melchizedek are. In other words we are priests and they are high priests.
Melkizedek is NOT a high priest. He has no priests under him, Jesus is and we, christians are priests under Jesus priesthood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.