Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) (28386 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by tomayira(f): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks for the update, keep it rolling........
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
hmmm! waiting patiently to see how things would unfold
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
CONTINUATION

Love is cruel, I must admit.

It put me into so much tortures and agonies, what I ought to be enjoying is what I am enduring. What a world!

Tonia is there playing 'Mrs caring' on someone she doesn't care about while I am here writhing in pains for someone I really care for.

Tuesday came and Funto hasn't visit me. So I pull my courage together and decided to visit my Love at any cost.

I dressed myself in a bright orange gown with a rose flower crested on its left shoulder. The much fitted cloth have became loose on both sides.

I was ushered in to the Brian's mansion in the Ajah city by one of their maids, after showing them the business card of Funto and lying to them that I am one his workers at Portharcourt. As you know that Portharcourt is a long way to Lagos, I could easily pass for his employee without any inkling of suspicion.

I was told to wait for him in his visitor's waiting room. I couldn't but envy Tonia for living in this opulence and magnificent building.

The interior is exclusively Italian, ranging from the furnitures to the wall decorations. I love the ambience of the large living room.

One of the maids offered me fruit juice and inform me that her 'boss' will soon join me.

"Mummy, didn't I tell you we have a visitor wearing the same cloth you wear? Here is she." I turned my head to the direction where the tiny sing-song voice comes from.

Lo and behold, Tonia and one of her twin daughters was on me already. She looked at me from head to toe as if she was scrutinizing me for an illegal package on me.

"Good afternoon ma...." I felt string of sweat rolling down my back.

"I was told Funto have a visitor from Portharcourt and you don't strike me as one of his employee."

"Actually, I erm em...was just employed barely two months ago, but I was attached to his Manager." I stuttered. "I was sent by..." I was cut short by another tiny voice again, but this time, it came as a saviour.

"Aunty Evelyn! Its so nice seeing again." It was Sharon beaming with smile all over her little face. I have never been so happy to see her.

"Did you know her?"

"Yes of course, she is Daddy's staff."
That statement brought calmness to Tonia's voice.

"He is recuperating very well now, but the Doctor advice against too much stress is the reason you can't see him. I am sorry for this." She finally took her seat in-front of me.

"Actually, I works in the accounting department as their secretary. I came to Lagos to get some stuffs from here to my new house in PH." She has this kind of inquisitive look on her face. "And to see my husband. But I wish to see my 'boss' here first before leaving." I concluded and she heaved a relief.

"Once again, I am sorry you can't see him today, but I will convene your greetings to him when he wake up." she rose to see me off.

I was sad but fulfilled that I could at least see Sharon and from her carefree attitude, I deduced that Funto is perfectly well.

"We shall see next week Evie." Sharon told me and I immediately beamed with joy because I knew it was Funto that sent her that message.

"I will gladly be expecting you dear."

Tonia was more than confused now, she looked at her daughter and then back at me.

"I will like to know your cloth designer one day." Tonia remarked as I closed the door of the cab that transported me back home.

"Same as yours." I said to myself with a mouthful of laughter as the driver drove off.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by tomayira(f): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Na wa for Elvie o, she might not be so lucky next time. Thanks for the update, you're doing well, kudos!
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Missmossy(f): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ghen-ghen it is getting hot grin Evie though sad
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by ooladavid(m): 8:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] is that the end man?
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by nobletitus(f): 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
wen exactly will you be updatin,cant wait ooo
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
My visit to Brian's wasn't all that fruitless, at least I was able to see through Sharon, that Funto is getting well.

Yet, I was still angry with Tonia for being so possessive at this crucial time.

I can't hold myself from laughing when I remembered the look on Tonia face when she saw my cloth that is the same as hers'.

I love Funto more, firstly for taking me with the same levity as Tonia, for if not for that, he wouldn't have bought the same clothes for me and her enstrangled wife. Secondly, for finding a way to send Sharon to me through that risky method. It showed that he cares and still loves me.

The week passed very slowly I must confessed. I resumed to my place of work still moody but a lot better than before. At least I have heard from Funto.

After the closing time on Friday, I went straight to house very famished and hoping I could get there in time to vex my hunger on the rice I cooked but couldn't eat in the morning.

"You come early today." The voice bellowed to me on my door.

Funto was sitting there on my doorstep! He was so frail and he looked sullen. Hot tears rolled down my cheek and I embraced him with caution as I don't want to hurt him. He also was shedding tears, tears of joy for our reunion, I guess.

"I am sorry for not keeping to my promise of seeing you." He was so childish as per that statement.

How could he have left the hospital bed to come and see me, or how could he have evade the prying eyes of Tonia to come to me.

"This your house look pretty unkempt."

"Yeap, all because of my Funto, brooms have been keeping malice with the floor since."

I ate voraciously that afternoon. We chatted and he narrated all his ordeals while on sick bed and when he was under Tonia's watch to me.

He then told me he had to go back home since his absence will be noticed by Tonia and he doesn't want a public scene for now.

"Evie, how I wished I could lead you altar now, and stop treating you like a hole affairs." He descended the stairs with a little pain in his side.

"But don't worry, I will make up one day." He remarked as he drove off to his 'wife' leaving me in tears and pains.

I turned back to enter my compound and I see someone looking like Tonia drove past me.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
Please I am sorry for the short update. Tomorrow update(s) will be longer.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2015
tomayira:
Na wa for Elvie o, she might not be so lucky next time. Thanks for the update, you're doing well, kudos!

But don't you think Evie is totally wrong with her love for Funto?

Thanks for the commendations Ma
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Missmossy:
Ghen-ghen it is getting hot grin Evie though sad

grin you can say that again
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
ooladavid:
[color=#006600][/color] is that the end man?

Not at all. Hope you are enjoying the story?
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
nobletitus:
wen exactly will you be updatin,cant wait ooo

grin I just did
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by whillyamz98(m): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2015
How come it took you so long to update the story... this update was perfect, there were no single erorrs. well done dude.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2015
kip it cuming bro!
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by tomayira(f): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Thanks for the updates, more pleaseeeeeee
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by nobletitus(f): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2015
marioking:

grin I just did
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by nobletitus(f): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2015
i don sight u,buh too short
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by tomayira(f): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
marioking:

But don't you think Evie is totally wrong with her love for Funto?

Thanks for the commendations Ma
she is totally wrong, nothing justifies her dating Funto. Well done!
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by kennylizzy(f): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is an emotional piece. Welldone marioking pls dnt kip us waiting
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by tomayira(f): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Marioking, I hope all is well with u, we miss your updates.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by ADUKKY(f): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2015
Marioking welldone, but please be regular with the updates. Mouth watering.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by olaniyi580(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Update taking too long,hope all is well
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
oga, u wan make we carry placards b4 u update?
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by sheyflixy1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good story
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Nature and life outside Nairaland calls that's why I went on sabbatical leave! Marioking is deeply sorry. Just that Marioking too wishes to be corresponding live from France ni joor grin

Updates drops tomorrow
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
marioking:
Nature and life outside Nairaland calls that's why I went on sabbatical leave! Marioking is deeply sorry. Just that Marioking too wishes to be corresponding live from France ni joor grin

Updates drops tomorrow
ope oh! drop like 5 updates oh
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
I went inside and tears began to trickle down my face.

Funto has dropped a bombshell that I think it all but shattered my dream of being with him before he left.

"Evie, I have to leave and I don't think I will be coming back." I felt a lump in my throat. "You've had a worse time, a wretched childhood and I don't want to compound with your pain." He said. "Lack of home, parental upbringing, love and care, you've had none and I all but wanted to give you my all."

"I don't want anything but you, Funto."

"That's the most thrilling part of it. Only if Tonia had felt like that...."
He paused and looked at me. I know my face was marred with grief and jealousy right then, from his reaction.

"Do you still love her.....do you, Funto?" I asked.

"No." He answered at once. "Not at all, I have no feelings left for her, not after all this years. She is my daughters' mother, and for that I respected her, that's all."

'Her daughters means much to him, he have them but I have nothing. I thought.

"Leaving you alone is what worries me most." I buried my face on his frail shoulder.

"Shall I never see you again dear?" I looked up with a disgruntled face.

"I think that will be better." He added.

"You mean you will severe all our means of contacts, after all that we've shared?" I couldn't control my tears anymore. "Never to know what is happening to you...Ah, Funto, killing me would have been the better option."

"Evie, please don't love me as much as that." He said hastily. "Please try to put me out of your mind."

"Can you put me out of your mind?" I asked him.

He paused for a while, nodded his head sideways and then pressed me closer to his body.

"No." He said. "You have grown too dear to my heart."

I stifled my nose, then I felt the hot tears strolling down my cheek. I let them flowed freely unchecked.

"Every time I see the Terminator series, I will always remember you." I said.

"I will always remember you too." He replied with a muffled voice.

"You'd better be going." I hurried him.

"Evie, how I wished I could lead you altar now, and stop treating you like a hole affairs." He descended the stairs with a little pain in his side. "But don't worry, I will make up one day." He remarked as he drove off to his 'wife' leaving me in tears and pains.

His last words were:
"Forgive me for causing you this pain. I won't ask you to forget. I don't think I want you to. But forgive me. But any time you needs me, you know where to find me; the Theater. Thank you for everything. Thank you and God bless you."

Then it was all but over. I was alone as he drove off.
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Mariojane(f): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
marioking:
I went inside and tears began to trickle down my face.

Funto has dropped a bombshell that I think it all but shattered my dream of being with him before he left.

"Evie, I have to leave and I don't think I will be coming back." I felt a lump in my throat. "You've had a worse time, a wretched childhood and I don't want to compound with your pain." He said. "Lack of home, parental upbringing, love and care, you've had none and I all but wanted to give you my all."

"I don't want anything but you, Funto."

"That's the most thrilling part of it. Only if Tonia had felt like that...."
He paused and looked at me. I know my face was marred with grief and jealousy right then, from his reaction.*crying* embarassed cry cry

"Do you still love her.....do you, Funto?" I asked.

"No." He answered at once. "Not at all, I have no feelings left for her, not after all this years. She is my daughters' mother, and for that I respected her, that's all."

'Her daughters means much to him, he have them but I have nothing. I thought.

"Leaving you alone is what worries me most." I buried my face on his frail shoulder.

"Shall I never see you again dear?" I looked up with a disgruntled face.

"I think that will be better." He added.

"You mean you will severe all our means of contacts, after all that we've shared?" I couldn't control my tears anymore. "Never to know what is happening to you...Ah, Funto, killing me would have been the better option."

"Evie, please don't love me as much as that." He said hastily. "Please try to put me out of your mind."

"Can you put me out of your mind?" I asked him.

He paused for a while, nodded his head sideways and then pressed me closer to his body.

"No." He said. "You have grown too dear to my heart."

I stifled my nose, then I felt the hot tears strolling down my cheek. I let them flowed freely unchecked.

"Every time I see the Terminator series, I will always remember you." I said.

"I will always remember you too." He replied with a muffled voice.

"You'd better be going." I hurried him.

"Evie, how I wished I could lead you altar now, and stop treating you like a hole affairs." He descended the stairs with a little pain in his side. "But don't worry, I will make up one day." He remarked as he drove off to his 'wife' leaving me in tears and pains.

His last words were:
"Forgive me for causing you this pain. I won't ask you to forget. I don't think I want you to. But forgive me. But any time you needs me, you know where to find me; the Theater. Thank you for everything. Thank you and God bless you."

Then it was all but over. I was alone as he drove off.

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by Missmossy(f): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Awww this is saddening smiley

2 Likes

Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by bigwig97(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
I Can't Believe This's Happenin! Ah Feel 4 Evie
Re: Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) by olaniyi580(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2015
It dat d end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Perfect Wedding / Red Night (true Life Story) / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.