Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (38307 Views)

Apply For UBA National Essay Competition 2015 / UNESCO International Essay Contest 2015 / Official Submission Thread (babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

I hope he knows the correct spelling is Phoenix and not phoinix

Olodo full this place wallahi
Someone choosing a username he can't even spell
Ask S Osewa if he can help you modify your username
Hahahahahahaha

Is that the best you got Fatty?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
From the recent unnecessary barrage of insults coming from Phoinix n his ilk it's just clear that ignorant self-hating lowlife Internet tuff guys r just destined for poverty n frustration.

Mention me, insult me. I really and truly don't have your time. I've said my bit.

Please Babyosisi, I implore you to not engage these people anymore. They're not worth it at all. Let em keep barking n raising dust.

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
WizardofOz1:
From the recent unnecessary barrage of insults coming from Phoinix n his ilk it's just clear that ignorant self-hating lowlife Internet tuff guys r just destined for poverty n frustration.

Mention me, insult me. I really and truly don't have your time. I've said my bit.

Please Babyosisi, I implore you to not engage these people anymore. They're not worth it at all. Let em keep barking n raising dust.

She threw the first salvo long time ago, and she is getting some... How am i destined for poverty? Are you well?
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

I hope this was a good lesson for you and people like you
Enemies of progress that will cut anything down as long as the idea doesn't emanate from them
Now read the rest of the thread( assuming you haven't already)
Read how beautifully it came together,if your heart can survive it
Next time you see a good thing and you have no goodness to add,you shut up and move away rather than stay on and throw fits

Let me post your comments here so people who didn't read you won't wonder why I am saying these things

Please, stop quoting me. I have already forgotten this thread until you started to call out my name. Instead of quoting me, go and save the world. cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
some people are just destined to be a discouragement to the help of others..(even though it's in a small way)....instead of them to see the positive side of it, they will always look for every effort just to make themselves an hindrance to the merriment of others....
(this seems to be rampant in the midst of we blacks...we so much love to criticize and abuse anyone trying to help others.....(just because you are not capable doesn't mean you should turn yourself into a terrorist..(THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTS FROM ) jealousy
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
if you are not capable of doing same or doing something better...then back off... .... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by InvertedHammer: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Oh
You are now backtracking and sermonizing and adding sugar on top
Everyone who has read you knows your lying capabilities have no equal
Weren't you the person that also old us Nigerians have been murdering their wives in Houston for years and I challenged you to produce those murder stories prior to 2014 and you ran away from the thread
Hahahahaha
Losers never change
I bet this whole thread and the outcome must be excruciating for you to read
It worked
You lost
Loser
It started off with $100, people loved it
They thought it was a good venture
They showed support and the amount grew and it got tougher
Stick around,next year ,it will go up many notches
I hope you can survive it

/
Keep tapdancing around the issue.

When you lack appropriate rebuttal, drag other non-relating issue to buttress your position.

You are phony!

What you gave out $100, I am supposed to bow down to you?

And to your backup singer and protege' MissMeiya of whatever she is called...we got it.

You did it. Congratulations!

No need being a snake oil salesperson next time.

\
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
WizardofOz1:

Let it go, man.. Just let it go..
e don go xin 20th na...na pple comment make me complain
cos me sef for copy kan make reference
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
WizardofOz1:
@Akposy @altarboy1

I think I saw my score in the pic MissMeiya posted showing some of the essays that had been scored at the time. It was high but not high enough.
Needless to say, I didn't make the final eight.. And i think I have a pretty good idea why.
MY ESSAY WASN'T AS GOOD AS THE FINAL EIGHT.
The simplest explanation is usually the best. Now if I were to go into specifics, I'd probably note that I sorta ever so slightly veered off the purpose of the competition (highlight a problem in society and present a cost effective solution).
So please, search yourself. I'd like to believe we're mature enough to be comfortable knowing we can't win it all (the most successful businessman isn't always the best husband or dad) and also to analyse our work to pick out flaws. If you can't on your own, then get a friend or family member so you can both go over it.. But this issue of asking for feedback or demanding explanation from the judges as to why your work didn't make it to the top eight is a bit over the top.
As for fairness, AltarBoy1, I'm sure you're talking about some of the essays that got flagged by Martin301 but still made it to the final eight. Hey that's life, the judges know what they wanted from the essays. It's best we take it in the chin and just move on.
Again, congrats to the winners and I hope we can all make it one of our personal goals that by this time next year, we'll be one of the financial sponsors to this wonderful competition.
Thanks again to everyone for competing and to the organisers for putting it together.

God bless us all.
i understand you sir...
Am not complaining about not making it to the top 8.
They gave us rule and still break d rule....
I need to see my result..dats all. i don't have anyone to help me with it
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
Martins301:
Some people are just terrible losers. Have you seen a situation where those who lost out in Peak, Shell, NYSC or NNPC essay competitions are contacted and given explaination as regards why they lost out? The scores of those who made top 8 has been published. If your's wasn't there it means you failed to accumulate the needed score. Shey WAEC or NECO they give explaination letter to those wey fail their exam ni? You passed through secondary school, you are in or have passed through tertiary school and you are still looking for people to explain why you did not win in an essay competion. Carry the essay go give your English teacher or Lecturer na. If any of the judges decides to evaluate an essay that did not make the list then its purely a gift to the person and not a compulsory task that must be done. I hate whining, especially when its coming from guys.
I see.. and who are the people asking for explanation..
Stop your hypocritical behavior.. if urs was not among d top 3 you would have been OVER WHINING. You flagged peoples essay and you are here playing the nice fellow here and making us requesting for our result look stupid.

This is not WAEC or NECO. We are all learning here and a result would spur us into working on our weak parts.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
AltarBoy1:
I dont knw for those seeking explanation. But some pple, myself incusive, are asking for feedback, just for correctional purposes. I failed and I have accepted it with full force. This is not my first time of failing and that doesnt mean am a dullard. Am not in any way suppourting those who are fuming and looking for explanation. All I need is just a little feed back so I can correct myself.
Exactly. Dont mind dat dude
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

e don go xin 20th na...na pple comment make me complain
cos me sef for copy kan make reference

lolzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you will add more than the reference that is been required self grin grin grin grin funny dude
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
israelboy1:

lolzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you will add more than the reference that is been required self grin grin grin grin funny dude
lolz.......seriously...i for do online research...anyway essay is not my tin but consistency is suppose to be Stamp!!!!
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

lolz.......seriously...i for do online research...anyway essay is not my tin but consistency is suppose to be Stamp!!!!

well, me see essay as the composition or definition of a particular subject within your own personal point of view...without any external *jomo* either with the aid of reference(s) or not
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

Your essay was under the word limit at 342 words, and was 28% copied word for word, without citations or quotation marks. It was disqualified before the judging stage.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
israelboy1:

well, me see essay as the composition or definition of a particular subject within your own personal point of view...without any external *jomo* either with the aid of reference(s) or not

There are different kinds of essays.

essay
a short piece of writing on a particular subject.
synonyms: article, composition, study, paper, dissertation, thesis, discourse, treatise, disquisition, monograph; commentary, critique, theme

It can absolutely involve research. In this competition it was not required, but it definitely was a valuable addition to those entries that used it.

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

Your essay was under the word limit at 342 words, and was 28% copied word for word, without citations or quotation marks. It was disqualified before the judging stage.

yeepa...the nail was hit on the hammer grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
israelboy1:

hmmmmmmm..lolz
hahahahahaha
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Rules
1. Essays must be the sole and original work of the entrant and not previously published.
2. Essays must be between 400 and 700 words long. Every word of the essay will be counted.
3. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in disqualification.

i give up grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

What do u mean by the bolded
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

What do u mean by the bolded

The essays were required to be between 400 and 700 words in length. Your essay was 342 words long.

I know you didn't ask me to clarify about the nonbolded part, which means you know that you copied. So I'm not sure why you said "seriously...i for do online research". Clearly, you did.

Here is your plagiarism report:
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
israelboy1:
Rules
1. Essays must be the sole and original work of the entrant and not previously published.
2. Essays must be between 400 and 700 words long. Every word of the essay will be counted.
3. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in disqualification.

i give up grin grin grin
Exactly. Now were the rules followed?...dis boy sef ..u no serious
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

Exactly. Now were the rules followed?...dis boy sef ..u no serious

You should ask yourself if you followed those rules. He copied that for YOUR benefit.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

The essays were required to be between 400 and 700 words in length. Your essay was 342 words long.
wtf?/ how did u count it am so flabbergasted right now.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

You should ask yourself if you followed those rules. He copied that for YOUR benefit.
for my benefit?
Okay i agree
I give up.............. Its over anyway
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

wtf?/ how did u count it am so flabbergasted right now.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm an IT person. I used technology.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Akposy:

for my benefit?
Okay i agree
I give up.............. Its over anyway

I was very careful to be discreet to avoid this kind of unpleasantness. However, you demanded to know, and you demanded to know publicly, while accusing the judges of not adhering to their own rules. You didn't give me a choice.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by sonnie10: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Until today, I have never believed that witchcraft is real. I can't imagine people attacking the organizers of this competition. The behavior is against common sense; because success begets many friends. The outcome of the competition is commendable and should be applauded. These attackers need to channel their energy to more productive things, and stop this dance of shame.

5 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by israelboy1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya .. you are really cracking me out like seriously...the way i am laughing right now...people are just looking at me one kind...nd dey started packing their belongings... hope you are not thinking what i am thinking...

you sha wan make the guy naked sha.....lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

I was very careful to be discreet to avoid this kind of unpleasantness. However, you demanded to know, and you demanded to know publicly, while accusing the judges of not adhering to their own rules. You didn't give me a choice.
You did well ma
like i said earlier on its my first essay and i know fully well i did not do well but i still say u guyz were not consistent.
Re: babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Akposy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
israelboy1:
MissMeiya .. you are really cracking me out like seriously...the way i am laughing right now...people are just looking at me one kind...nd dey started packing their belongings... hope you are not thinking what i am thinking...

you sha wan make the guy naked sha.....lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz
unclad ke...i know wat am saying......moreover am not a writer just wanted to give it a try

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In UNILAG, Car Explodes, Fire Figthers Use Buckets To Quench Fire / A Snake Killed By A Nairalander On His Way To Night Class In Absu / 2016/2017 All Aspirant Threads Links.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.