Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers (16921 Views)

A Warning To All Nigerian Hairdressers / Whats Your Favorite Lotion Or Creme? / Great Hairdressers On The Island? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by blemon44(m): 8:04pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by adepiero: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
They are more serious and focused than their female counterpart cool

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by holatin(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dem sabi pass the female.
Guys just dey para
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Vivipop(f): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
They are overrated.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Caracta(f): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
I prefer male. They don't rush. They do a perfect job and handle your hair with care. They operate smoothly and you hardly feel the pressure.
They don't gossip or chat like there is no tomorrow. They ain't rude or touchy. I could go on and on...

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
A female barber cut my hair here.. I can vouch she's better than most male haircutters. It's vice versa cool
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by IVORY2009(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
According to my own point of view, a male hairdresser is mainly consider as a gay, there is this hairdressing saloon @ my neigbourhood, more or less like a unisex saloon, sometimes I do cut my hair der, the 6 guys in the saloon that does ladies hair in der are like homosexuals, their style of hair, dread-luck, ear rings, Tattoon etc, and along the line, I learnt from one of their friends that they do sugar mummy stuff, with some of their "big women" clients, expecially those once that request for home service.

And to support my point, those guys are very rich.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by zeb04(f): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
Yes I have been attended my a male haidresser and it was horrible
After losing my razor cut of 1 month,I had plan to give me hair very serious washing.I went to this salon and these young guy was just romancing my head all over undecided.
I told him I was going to pay half the money.I had to go home and soak my hair in hot water.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by smacby(f): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
Guys do my hair, I prefare it, although the last time a guy was washing my hair he was touching my ears unnecessarily and I was not comfortable with it
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Missonas(f): 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
I came to a conclusion that any trade or vocation that is common with a particular sex is best done when the opposite sex engages in it.Guys that make hair are no exception.I remember this dude that braids hair in ABU he was working for a woman and he later left to open his,,,he went with almost all her customers grin

Just like my aunt who's a mechanic and not scared of getting her fingers dirtyundecided.She's a pro and well sought after cool

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
RaeMystix:

Well, I used to say the exact same thing, until I realized not all of them do those things. Some do act like macho men though....I actually do work with two of them, and have one as my lab partner. They are really fun to chat with; although, that's where the friendship ends.
Were you xpecting sumfin else?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by bigiyaro(m): 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Male stylists r better n more efficient, effective n innovative than female ones.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by jzdoberman: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
I once thought that male hairdresser were all batty boys but not until a friend of mine ventured into it and i realised i was wrong though I still believe some % of them are batty boys. Every man with his own choice of work.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by a9nyc2020(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Pictures or ...... undecided
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by emmykk(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
ajibolabd:
booked
we in france is asking how much will you sell the space.?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
fabiano09:

Were you xpecting sumfin else?
#Misconstrued# What I meant was that I do not talk to them outside of our meet ups.( More of an aquaintance level).
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Fxwarrior: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2014
Mprex:

i thought i was the only one that isnt comfy with that.

I dont even know whether the guy was romancing abi washing my haircheesy

Lol. I think I like this babe.

As to topic I see them as gay.s
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Mprex(f): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
Fxwarrior:

lols. You think they are gay?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by misshoree(f): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2014
If I want to do cutting,I go to a guy.they sabi cut wella cuz they do barb.but if na normal hair na girls.and I feel more comfortable wv guys
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by billy187(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
zeb04:
After losing my razor cut of 1 month,I had plan to give me hair very serious washing.I went to this salon and these young guy was just romancing my head all over undecided.
I told him I was going to pay half the money.I had to go home and soak my hair in hot water.

Romancing? I ....dont get it. Maybe that was his attempt to make you comfortable.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by blackbeau1(f): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
I love male hairdressers. They are very good @ what they do and they are very tender with their clients
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by billy187(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
zeb04:
Romancing? I.....don't get it. Maybe that was his attempt to make you feel comfortable?
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
RaeMystix:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
#Misconstrued# What I meant was that I do not talk to them outside of our meet ups.( More of an aquaintance level).
I get wah u mean,tho u cant blame me for thinkin towards dt direction lol.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by victorazy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Mprex:

i thought i was the only one that isnt comfy with that.

I dont even know whether the guy was romancing abi washing my haircheesy

All these lesbos sef undecided
Male hair dressers are the best compaired to their female colleagues. Some women even enter ogasm during hair wash undecided so my friend talk
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
fabiano09:

I get wah u mean,tho u cant blame me for thinkin towards dt direction lol.
I know. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
marieolae:
most guys that are into this business are better off. I've come across some lazy female hairdressers, who want to do their bit and collect their pay fast fast. I prefer guys to be honest. smiley
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
marieolae:
most guys that are into this business are better off. I've come across some lazy female hairdressers, who want to do their bit and collect their pay fast fast. I prefer guys to be honest. smiley

You are right, for the past 2years it's a guy that's making my hair, if he's not around I will wait till he comes back.
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by KingTom(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
Fxwarrior:

shocked shocked Mprex shocked shocked
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by marieolae(f): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
brito:

You are right, for the past 2years it's a guy that's making my hair, if he's not around I will wait till he comes back.
exactly, I feel men are better at the job smiley
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
RaeMystix:

I know. cheesy cheesy cheesy
ciao
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by AuntySpermButt(f): 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
I'm a hairdresser, I'm still an apprentice though.. Our customers still prefer me to my female colleagues .. I don't know why but I think 80% of ladies prefer male hairdressers
Re: Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers by RaeMystix: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
fabiano09:

ciao
# side eye#
Caio?...Are u?...Shade or nah?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Irish Gold Egg Yolk Lotion / Ebube Nwagbo Or Sarah Ofili: Who Wore It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.