Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,964 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! (583 Views)

Forbes Africa Person Of The Year 2013, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina. / Dangote, Elumelu Nominated For Forbes Africa Person Award / Sanusi Wins Africa Person Of The Year By Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by RothmasPop: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
Billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote, was on Thursday named Forbes Africa’s Person of the Year, 2014.

At the unveiling ceremony in Nairobi, Kenya, Aliko Dangote, who has played key roles in Nigeria’s development, dedicated the award to Nigeria, noting he was proud to be African.It was his fourth nomination for the position.The panel of judges said “Aliko Dangote is a lion of Africa in terms of business. He is second to none when it comes to investing in Africa, not just Nigeria.“He is also a capitalist with a big heart. He puts his money where his mouth is and his foundation is a step forward for a man who wants to make a difference on the continent.”

Dangote clinched the award ahead of other finalists; South Africa’s Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela; Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; Director-General of the Securities & Exchange Commission- Nigeria, Arunma Oteh and President of the African Development Bank, Donald Kaberuka.

Reacting via his Twitter handle, @AlikoDangote, the business mogul tweeted: “Thank you @forbesafrica. I am humbled by this honour. I dedicate the award to Nigeria and I am proud to be an African.”

See Embeded tweet Via Source http://popafrica.com/aliko-dangote-forbes-africas-person-year-2014/

Re: Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by holatin(m): 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
this same man woo my mum 23 years ago but she said no.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by brownlord: 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
holatin:
this same man woo my mum 23 years ago but she said no.

Lmao, nigga you need help

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by holatin(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
brownlord:

Lmao, nigga you need help
you need solution

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by RothmasPop: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lmaoo!!!
Re: Aliko Dangote Is The Forbes Africa’s Person Of The Year 2014! by Horus(m): 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY4XzjdpzUM

[size=15pt]Aliko Dangote Nigerian billionaire named Forbes Africa person of the year 2014[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Opinion Poll: Who's The Best Man For The Job Come 2015 / The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World / Youth Democratic Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.