Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? (3955 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by NACHIEVER: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
ßossTtdiamonds, if Þayinq tithe will make you richer please Þay it still, anybody here payin tithe will make Þoorer let him/her be Still.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by asalimpo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
modelmike7:
If there is an issue that you don't want to give your tithe to the church, use same to buy some household stuffs for the motherless babies home and see God's Miracles in your life, I do that 70% of the time if I didn't pay my tithe to my church. It gives me peace of mind

thts like doing charity with stolen money! The tithe belongs to God.
Oho, if an armed robber accosted you @ gun point, what percent of keep of your money?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by NACHIEVER: 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ezedon:
guy if u've 100k and want to sow a seed, u 'll sow the 100k, not 5k, the larger seed u sow u expect larger harvest, if u want to sow one seed of corn, are u going to cut it?
Noþe ßro, it would be folly when such is done. You don't have to sow all the 100k you have.
Nevertheless, what matters is the HEART on which you use to Sow the seed and the FAITH you applied, the Quantity is absolutely Nothing.
Ie 'HEART' means the Land you sowed your seed, is't on a Cleared land? Or a ßushy land?
Then the Question Is how Fertile the land(Heart) is??, Ofcourse you must apþly Manure to your Seed, the Manure you applied Is FAITH.
Ok don't you know that you may even Sow the Whole 100k and Murmured against it/ have double mind on It, at the End No Way it ßecomes Vanity.,
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2014
NACHIEVER:

God forbid, am ashamed of this Statement, 'You have been debating tithes on this forum for over seven years, studied the subject matter exhaustively and you can claim without fear of sounding arrogant that I am an authority on the tithe subject.'
Is not Funny ßro, what gain/change have you had in your Life Since that 7years?.
ßro, if your ßelieve can't Change You,then You chanqe your believe. And if Your Church cannot chanqe You, then You Chanqe your Church.

Trust me, a lot of brethen have come to the knowledge of truth on the tithe subject through my collective efforts with others and their views on the tithe doctrine have changed.

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Have you wondered, what if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if you dig Way down deeper than your simple- mind can comprehend? What if you dig? What if you find A thousand more unanswered questions down inside? What if you've picked apart the logic, and poked so many holes?
Nobody likes to be wrong. That just comes with the territory of self acclaimed righteousness. The idea is to try to give all the information to help others to judge the value of your contribution; not just the information that leads to judgment in one particular direction or another

I have no doubt in my mind that I am 100% correct on this subject matter and it is the tithe merchants that are glaringly wrong as they had to twist scripture to arrive at their false doctrine before mis applying it to believers who are not under the jewish laws. That apart the fraudulent doctrine contradicts the core christian doctrine of salvation by grace.

3 Likes

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 6:27am On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:

thts like doing charity with stolen money! The tithe belongs to God.
Oho, if an armed robber accosted you @ gun point, what percent of keep of your money?

You are a pathological liar being used by the devil to deny the needy what is due to them. Even in the old testament, part of the tithes was given to the poor and needy. In the new testament Jesus clearly said when you give to those in need, you are giving to God. So stop this your greed inspired fraudulent teachings. angry

5 Likes

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by dorox(m): 8:36am On Dec 09, 2014
From what I have observed, tithing is good for those who are in the collecting end of the business, and bad for those who pay it.

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2014
dorox:
From what I have observed, tithing is good for those who are in the collecting end of the business, and bad for those who pay it.

Very apt statement, Succinct smiley
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by asalimpo(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2014
PastorKun:

You are a pathological liar being used by the devil to deny the needy what is due to them. Even in the old testament, part of the tithes was given to the poor and needy. In the new testament Jesus clearly said when you give to those in need, you are giving to God. So stop this your greed inspired fraudulent teachings. angry

the problem with u and ur types is you sit to judge on matters u know nothng about.
In the OT, they were lots of offerings and it was an egaliterian society. The poor and needy were catered for. But the things of God were honoured and just like d sacred vessels,the sacred tree in garden , sacred holy day, the tithe is sacred and is God's stake in your increase. It is nt for seed (offering)
or welfare (widows etc) . It is to b used for God's work and sustenance of His ministers.
You are a thief if u dont tithe.
Honour God and pay ur tithe.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2014
asalimpo:

the problem with u and ur types is you sit to judge on matters u know nothng about.
In the OT, they were lots of offerings and it was an egaliterian society. The poor and needy were catered for. But the things of God were honoured and just like d sacred vessels,the sacred tree in garden , sacred holy day, the tithe is sacred and is God's stake in your increase. It is nt for seed (offering)
or welfare (widows etc) . It is to b used for God's work and sustenance of His ministers.
You are a thief if u dont tithe.
Honour God and pay ur tithe.

Stop this arrogant and daft expression of ignorance, deut 14:28-29 makes it crystal clear that tithes can be given to widows and the needy. It you and your ilks that are thieves and c0harlatans cause you twist the word of God to fleece his flock. Useless criminal.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by JUBILEE2000: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2014
Ezedon:
guy if u've 100k and want to sow a seed, u 'll sow the 100k, not 5k, the larger seed u sow u expect larger harvest, if u want to sow one seed of corn, are u going to cut it?

With due respect sir, u are preaching another gospel.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by lastmessenger: 11:45am On Dec 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

If I've been fooled by the pulpit thieves, at least they don't give me nightmares, I enjoy my sleep as a newly birthed baby does his/hers.
Here you've been fooled by the devil and he's not only made mockery of you (with your display here on Nland), but he's deprived you of sleep by hauntin' you in your dreams.
Those that are impoverished find it hard to give, go check history, the wealthy give more.. I'd bet my tithe is on par with your salary.
Yes the very rich people are givers. I mean the rich who worked for their money and not the thieves but one good things I know about the rich is that they are not foolish givers. They don't give because they have been Brainwashed by some thieves on suit. Have you ever heard that dangote sponsored muslim trip to Mecca but I remember the last time when Nigeria experienced flooding, dangote gave 2billion. I never know any tithe paying church folk that gave more than him.Bilgate foundation sponsors research on different areas just to make life good for everybody. These are the example of giving that I am looking forward to emulate and not sponser some sweet talking wordsmith.
Just get out of my sight. You are a big fool.

4 Likes

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by dorox(m): 12:36pm On Dec 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

If I've been fooled by the pulpit thieves, at least they don't give me nightmares, I enjoy my sleep as a newly birthed baby does his/hers.
Here you've been fooled by the devil and he's not only made mockery of you (with your display here on Nland), but he's deprived you of sleep by hauntin' you in your dreams.
Those that are impoverished find it hard to give, go check history, the wealthy give more.. I'd bet my tithe is on par with your salary.

It is true that the wealthy give more to charity, but just to be clear, are you saying that people get wealthy beacuse they give rather than they give because they are wealthy?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

It's either you lack comprehension skills or you did not read what I posted... Go read my post again and try at best to understand the basic idea my message is passing.

And Where is it written that we should not pay our tithe? Your argument has been flawed, the essence of you not payin' your tithe 'lld most likely become your bane.
If you've seen broke tithe payers, I've seen rich, exceedingly rich tithe payers of which I am a testimony.
@bolded is your word against God's Word.. I'd take God's word anyday...
he said IN THE NEW TESTAMENT! No one paid tithe.

Like someone mentioned above, I prefer to share what I have among the needy and that's how I shared what I had among friends who need it...

There is a bigger gift waiting to happen soon. All I am just going to do now is commit it to God's hand because I have been waiting for the gift since September.

I will go into prayer, praises and fasting because I see that's the ONLY way to get my package faster.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Chibenze
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
2sExy1:
he said IN THE NEW TESTAMENT! No one paid tithe.

Like someone mentioned above, I prefer to share what I have among the needy and that's how I shared what I had among friends who need it...

There is a bigger gift waiting to happen soon. All I am just going to do now is commit it to God's hand because I have been waiting for the gift since September.

I will go into prayer, praises and fasting because I see that's the ONLY way to get my package faster.

@bolded.. Do you see Jesus state "Nah I'm just Kiddin'.." after his words in Matthew 23:23?
If you said no one paid tithe in the New Testament, then you're implyin' Jesus lied when he said the Scribes and the Pharisee paid their tithe's in mint.......
The Question that comes to mind is are you an atheist?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
dorox:

It is true that the wealthy give more to charity, but just to be clear, are you saying that people get wealthy beacuse they give rather than they give because they are wealthy?

First Let's look at what the Word of God has to say 'bout givin'..
Proverbs 10:4 ESV
A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
Luke 6:38 ESV
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
Proverbs 28:27 ESV
Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.

Click the link below for more info
http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/2009/11/turns-out-giving-does-make-you-wealthier-and-happier.html
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
PastorKun:

I have no doubt in my mind that I am 100% correct on this subject matter and it is the tithe merchants that are glaringly wrong as they had to twist scripture to arrive at their false doctrine before mis applying it to believers who are not under the jewish laws. That apart the fraudulent doctrine contradicts the core christian doctrine of salvation by grace.

The law/grace distinction in scripture is often misused, mostly because the teaching is difficult to understand, but also because most individuals tend to seek out ways to dodge obedience.
It is certainly true that Christians are under the principle of grace, not the principle of law. In other words, we attain righteousness not by behaving in the right way, but by trusting God for his salvation (Galatians 3:11).
But this is not to say that we ought not to behave in the right way. The fact that we are saved by grace does not make adultery, for example, an acceptable practice. The law—God’s will for how we ought to live —is still a perfect standard and guide for us (Romans 7:12). But grace—God’s gift to us— makes obedience a possibility and a reality. Grace is not only forgiveness for past sins (although it certainly includes that), but also empowerment for future obedience. Grace does not mean that God does not expect us to pay out tithe; it means that he will give us the strength to do it even much more than we would as well as the reward for doing it.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Chibenze(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
2sExy1:
Chibenze
Tithe works bro. Dnt want to go in detail
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
lastmessenger:

Yes the very rich people are givers. I mean the rich who worked for their money and not the thieves but one good things I know about the rich is that they are not foolish givers. They don't give because they have been Brainwashed by some thieves on suit. Have you ever heard that dangote sponsored muslim trip to Mecca but I remember the last time when Nigeria experienced flooding, dangote gave 2billion. I never know any tithe paying church folk that gave more than him.Bilgate foundation sponsors research on different areas just to make life good for everybody. These are the example of giving that I am looking forward to emulate and it sponser some sweet talking wordsmith.
Just get out of my sight. You are a big fool.

Poverty don finish your brain, just so you know tithin' is not a "get rich quick scheme." If it were, gamblers and counterfeiters would all tithe for selfish gains. Though God blesses us for obedience in tithin', as in all obedience, yet the end of tithin' is not self but souls. But you dey find Quick money, you wan turn am to business. You're definately igbo
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by lastmessenger: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Poverty don finish your brain, just so you know tithin' is not a "get rich quick scheme." If it were, gamblers and counterfeiters would all tithe for selfish gains. Though God blesses us for obedience in tithin', as in all obedience, yet the end of tithin' is not self but souls. But you dey find Quick money, you wan turn am to business. You're definately igbo
Now I know that you are a bloody lair.they keep drumming it in your ear that tithing is a covenant prosperity principle and now you want to sound holy. Sorry boy you are an ordinary mugu.
I have told you how I love to give and that is the giving that Apostle James referred to as pure religion.
Anyway you be mugu. A thousand word will not change your mentality.
I am a man of my own. I don't follow crowd cos they can decieve you.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
lastmessenger:

Now I know that you are a bloody lair.they keep drumming it in your ear that tithing is a covenant prosperity principle and now you want to sound holy. Sorry boy you are an ordinary mugu.
I have told you how I love to give and that is the giving that Apostle James referred to as pure religion.
Anyway you be mugu. A thousand word will not change your mentality.
I am a man of my own. I don't follow crowd cos they can decieve you.

You're probably uneducated or naturally slow..
Probably we should get back to the simple Genesis..
What is tithin' to you?
Is tithin' to you a form of givin' to God?
Answer Yes or No and state reasons for your answers
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
Chibenze:

Tithe works bro. Dnt want to go in detail
I am not against tithe. But for me... Instead of giving to a church, I will look for people who are in need and share the sum among them. I told you that is my partern.

I can even call on a pastor and say this is for you. I have tithed in the past and I experienced the reward but don't make it seem like one MUST tithe. I don't really believe such.

There are lots of people who pay tithe, yet when someone is in need, they turn a blind eye.

A brother walked up to me around 7pm and asked me to give him 40 naira so that he could get to his next point of journey. I gave him 500 naira.

I was at Ogun State's First bank branch when a woman approach me and pleaded that the child in her back needed supplemental money for medical needs. I asked her how much, she said 1500. I gave her and walked away.

A woman approached me at night and pleaded that she needed money for something I can't remember. My brother gave and I went back to give her. The list is endless.

You know my story bro. That stuff I am expecting didn't come by magic. It's because of things like this. There other marvellous things God has done in my life that I have never told you... But I understand why they happen.

God will bless you more when you help the needy.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Chibenze(m): 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2014
2sExy1:
I am not against tithe. But for me... Instead of giving to a church, I will look for people who are in need and share the sum among them. I told you that is my partern.

I can even call on a pastor and say this is for you. I have tithed in the past and I experienced the reward but don't make it seem like one MUST tithe. I don't really believe such.

There are lots of people who pay tithe, yet when someone is in need, they turn a blind eye.

A brother walked up to me around 7pm and asked me to give him 40 naira so that he could get to his next point of journey. I gave him 500 naira.

I was at Ogun State's First bank branch when a woman approach me and pleaded that the child in her back needed supplemental money for medical needs. I asked her how much, she said 1500. I gave her and walked away.

A woman approached me at night and pleaded that she needed money for something I can't remember. My brother gave and I went back to give her. The list is endless.

You know my story bro. That stuff I am expecting didn't come by magic. It's because of things like this. There other marvellous things God has done in my life that I have never told you... But I understand why they happen.

i also do what you do too, i have help many without expecting any thank u/ reward from them, but tithing is different from all dis bro? Tithing is taking out one tenth of ur income to God, eg u made a profit of 1000 naira, ur tith is just 100 naira is dat wat u will use to feed d poor? u have 100k ur tithe is 10k, the israelite a Gods people, the almighty God gave them that mandate which they practise till today, do you know that it is just few people dats holds d economy of the world, especially in the us, am most of them are israeli, though they are silent billonaire/trillonaire etc, because the obey simple principle, i choose to follow that pattern and i can boldly tell you i have never regret it, i dnt want to type much because am on mobile, it is ur decision to make bro, but my advice to u is to try it for a year respectivily witout stopping. At the end of the year check ur success rate for dat year, them come back to this thread and tell me if u see any diff......
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by asalimpo(m): 12:04am On Dec 10, 2014
2sExy1:

Tithe is d honour of God.
The isrealites learnt it because God commanded it but Abraham,knew it by faith. Wen,u tithe u're recognizing God who gave you increase .. The command is to tithe and sow. Sowing,giving to d poor is different from tithing.

Wen u say, i wont giv my tithe but use it for offering,helping d poor, you're judging. Except you hav complete information,your judgemnt is likely wrong.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Pennyways: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2014
modelmike7:
If there is an issue that you don't want to give your tithe to the church, use same to buy some household stuffs for the motherless babies home and see God's Miracles in your life, I do that 70% of the time if I didn't pay my tithe to my church. It gives me peace of mind
correct you!
I urge you not to pay a certain amout of money again to a common mortal, fund it on the less privilage in the society,
remember whatsoever you do to the least of your brother is what you do unto Him (our lord Jesus Christ)

may God blesd you abundantly
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BodyKiss(m): 1:56am On Dec 10, 2014
Ezedon:

Did you just use logic on God? Isn't that hypocrisy?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by PastorKun(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

The law/grace distinction in scripture is often misused, mostly because the teaching is difficult to understand, but also because most individuals tend to seek out ways to dodge obedience.
It is certainly true that Christians are under the principle of grace, not the principle of law. In other words, we attain righteousness not by behaving in the right way, but by trusting God for his salvation (Galatians 3:11).
But this is not to say that we ought not to behave in the right way. The fact that we are saved by grace does not make adultery, for example, an acceptable practice. The law—God’s will for how we ought to live —is still a perfect standard and guide for us (Romans 7:12). But grace—God’s gift to us— makes obedience a possibility and a reality. Grace is not only forgiveness for past sins (although it certainly includes that), but also empowerment for future obedience. Grace does not mean that God does not expect us to pay out tithe; it means that he will give us the strength to do it even much more than we would as well as the reward for doing it.

If you really insist on practising tthe abrogated tithe doctrine(cause of your greed) then preach it exactly the way it was instructed in scriptures without twisting it to favour you as 100% of tithe preachers do today.
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
PastorKun:

If you really insist on prac0tising tthe abrogated tithe doctrine (cause of your greed) then preach it exactly the way it was instructed in scriptures without twisting it to favour you as 100% of tithe preac00hers do today.

@bolded means you're implyin' I'm a Pastor or some kind of Reverend who collects tithe, would tis' be true in anyway?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Goshen360(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Romans 7 is a complete dismissal of relationship between Law and Grace including the 10 commandments. So, Paul, the Apostle is not telling you to follow the Law in order not to commit adultery. Tell me, what Law was Joseph following for not sleeping with another man's wife? When you dig into Romans 7 from verse 1, you can't make such statement as above.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Goshen360:

Romans 7 is a complete dismissal of relationship between Law and Grace including the 10 commandments. So, Paul, the Apostle is not telling you to follow the Law in order not to commit adultery. Tell me, what Law was Joseph following for not sleeping with another man's wife? When you dig into Romans 7 from verse 1, you can't make such statement as above.

Oh! Really? Let's take a close look at another bible passage (2 PETER 3:15 - 17) "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand , which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability ". (ESV)

First, we must notice in verse 16 that Peter acknowledges and plainly warns believers that Paul's writin's were "hard to understand" and that some people were twistin' what Paul had said "to their own destruction."
He concludes with a warnin' to believers not to be fooled into makin' the same errors as the LAWLESS people who had misused Paul's teachin's. Even in the days of the early church, it seems that some who called themselves Christians were using Paul's epistles to do away with God's Law.
1 John 3:4 defines SIN as lawlessness; therefore, sin is biblically defined as the violation of God's Law. Those who break God's Law because of their contempt for its value to a believer are practicin' lawlessness (Matt. 7:23; 13:41). In 2 Corinthians 6:14, Paul rhetorically asks "what fellowship has RIGHTEOUSNESS (Gr. dikaiosune) with LAWLESSNESS (anomia)?" The implied answer is NONE.
Through His grace, God has provided a way for us to be pardoned from the death sentence we've earned by breakin' His Law. Why, then, would someone assume that this pardon negates the Law of God? Why would someone repay the unmerited favor shown to them by God with a rebellious disregard for His commandments? Why would someone think that an eternal, unchanging God would contradict Himself by requirin' believers to disobey His own Law in order to maintain His divine favor?
Re: The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? by Goshen360(m): 5:45am On Dec 11, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Oh! Really? Let's take a close look at another bible passage (2 PETER 3:15 - 17) "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand , which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability ". (ESV)

First, we must notice in verse 16 that Peter acknowledges and plainly warns believers that Paul's writin's were "hard to understand" and that some people were twistin' what Paul had said "to their own destruction."
He concludes with a warnin' to believers not to be fooled into makin' the same errors as the LAWLESS people who had misused Paul's teachin's. Even in the days of the early church, it seems that some who called themselves Christians were using Paul's epistles to do away with God's Law.

1/ When you read something in scriptures, it's best to use scriptures to interpret scriptures. The fact that we read "law" in scriptures doesn't not automatically make it law of Moses. Context defines if it is talking about law of Moses or some kind of law. That being said, since we want to use Paul to interpret Peter; let's look at scriptures what Paul said to understand what Peter was saying:

New International Version
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
Romans 2:14

Look at this scriptures very well, law was used in 2 different meanings - law of Moses vs Natural\Instinctive Law. This instinctive law is born out of nature and to those who have the Spirit of God, by the Spirit, which is called the law of Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Peter cannot be teaching obedience to the Mosaic Law after being corrected by the Law in Acts and also rebuked by Paul for not living to the truth of the Gospel and being hypocrite. When you find yourself doing things required in the law, it doesn't mean you are following the law of Moses even though your acts are in line with writings in the law. Those are actions produced by the Holy Spirit in YOU!!!

BossTtdiamonds:

1 John 3:4 defines SIN as lawlessness; therefore, sin is biblically defined as the violation of God's Law.

See the answer here:

Expanded Bible (EXB)
Because the law can only bring God’s ·anger [wrath]. But if there is no law, there is ·nothing to disobey [no transgression/violation;  the law points out sin (5:13), but it cannot save from sin].

New Living Translation
For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)
Romans 4:15

You want to give yourself under the "thou shall not" but you only bring yourself again under God's anger\wrath\punishment. But when you place yourself under the leading of God's Spirit which had now replaced the leadings of the Mosaic laws, you are operating the perfect law of liberty.

BossTtdiamonds:

Those who break God's Law because of their contempt for its value to a believer are practicin' lawlessness (Matt. 7:23; 13:41). In 2 Corinthians 6:14, Paul rhetorically asks "what fellowship has RIGHTEOUSNESS (Gr. dikaiosune) with LAWLESSNESS (anomia)?" The implied answer is NONE.

For many years, we have looked at that scriptures in 2 Corinthians 6:14 with religious eyes\interpretation. Look into the Greek again, it's dikaiosynē for righteousness and the unrighteousness you quoted it right (anomia). What Paul was comparing in the verse was "those who have right standing with God" vs "those who are of the law but breaks the law and does wickedness to the face of the law that guides them". Paul did the same in Romans, of those who boast in the law but breaks the law. For so long, we have applied that scripture to unbeliever like Muslims, pagans etc but someone can be in a church with you and not be a believer....such is an unbeliever.

BossTtdiamonds:

Through His grace, God has provided a way for us to be pardoned from the death sentence we've earned by breakin' His Law. Why, then, would someone assume that this pardon negates the Law of God? Why would someone repay the unmerited favor shown to them by God with a rebellious disregard for His commandments? Why would someone think that an eternal, unchanging God would contradict Himself by requirin' believers to disobey His own Law in order to maintain His divine favor?

Grace doesn't say you can do whatever you like but it says, you are not lead by the Mosaic law. In fact, a Christian doesn't live by the 10 commandments. Does that mean a Christian can kill? Certainly not!!! Does that mean a Christian can commit adultery? Certainly not!!! Joseph said, how can I do such a wickedness and sin against God...by sleeping with another man's wife. What 10 commandment of thou shall not commit adultery was given to him?

Grace doesn't mix with Mosaic Laws. The Mosaic Law is a killer to a Christian living under them. As a Christian, you do not need the law to tell you adultery, killing, lying etc is bad, the Spirit of God tells you that and guides you into all truth. Finally, we're under Grace so that we can live or be guided by the law. No, we're under Grace so we can live by faith and be led by the Spirit and I know too well, the law is not of faith.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Divine Revelation || The Emergence Of The Queen Of Coast: How She Came To Be!! / "Child Of Destiny", What's The Meaning? / Does God Answer The Prayer Of Death ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.