Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN (25190 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by tclever: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2014
bigtt76:
Hmmm ....Better by far can't afford good transport system? After all the mouth den sabi make undecided
All what they do is shouting best uni in nigeria..scumbags

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by odutope(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Something has to be done about it. I remember skipping classes and leaving school early jst to avoid this problem.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by bamblow(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
Can't believe this is happening in the self-proclaimed best university in Nigeria. Is the SUG existing in this school at all? More buses should be provided by the school or betterstill more hostels should be built inside this school. #shikena

Still repping #Oba_Awon_University grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Ridwan123(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
ednut1:
Wen i was in unilorin faced same crap o. Few taxis come into skul in d eveving because few pple will be going to skul by then. The sug organised 'korope' buses den bt was nt adequate. Solution :they should build more hostels on campus afterall land yapa. Nd d skul shud provided about 10 long buses as against 2 or 3 available. U cant be claiming beta by far if u cannot solve a simple problem of more dan 8 years
Ednut long time ooo... You have said it all
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by seangy4konji: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
That is sopposed to be one of the best schools in Nigeria..

#SMH...

Nigerian settling for less since 20AD...

Suffering and smiling.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by 1one: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
Claroo:

If I may ask,wats ur criteria for reachin dat conclusion dat unilorin is d best. U can't just sit in your house and reach dat conclusion. Even NUC can't just come out and say dis skool is d best.

I like the part where you said "You can't just sit in your house and reach that conclusion".. Seeing that you're now a clairvoyant, I wonder how you can't still see the obvious - Unilorin is the best tertiary institution in Nigeria... It's everywhere online.

I'm not one of those people that just spew sentimental nonsense... It's everywhere online.. Unilorin is the best school in Nigeria... Our products are driving innovations in every sphere of life(Me inclusive)... Especially academic, both foreign and local... The youngest PhD student in Nigeria is from Unilorin.... She's just 23 and is currently abroad working on her Doctorate.

Unilorin has a very steady calender.. NO STRIKE!!!... how many federal universities have not had atleast one period of strike in the last 5 sessions.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Claroo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
bamblow:
Can't believe this is happening in the self-proclaimed best university in Nigeria. Is the SUG existing in this school at all? More buses should be provided by the school or betterstill more hostels should be built inside this school. #shikena

Still repping #Oba_Awon_University grin grin
1. Dey don't av an effective SUG in d skool
2. More hostels is definitely d best option

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by OmoUSH(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
THIS TRANSPORT ISH STILL REMAIN THE PLAGUE TO UNILORIN STATUE AS THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA... PLUS THEY HAVE MADE THE SCHOOL BECOME GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL. I PRAY THINGS CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
tclever:

All what they do is shouting best uni in nigeria..scumbags
bigtt76:
Hmmm ....Better by far can't afford good transport system? After all the mouth den sabi make undecided
Now don't go hating on my alma mater. That school helped shape me into the man I am today. So it's surely one of the best; if not the very best. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by 1one: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Chaii

Chaiii

Chaiiii

This thread is replete with so many Haters and Beefers

gringrin

Anyways it's a weekend... Enjoy the beef... You can have it fried, grilled or boiled... As far it's served hot with a chilled glass of hate colada

gringrin
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by idu1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Adedayo516:
Y'all should get bicycles... Problem solved
seconded....
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by IKJ66(m): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
NO WONDER MY DAD NEVER LIKED THAT
SCHOOL
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by onegig(m): 12:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Solutions are there but who's gonna implement it.

The problem ain't lack of buses but the movement of students out of school almost at the same time. You imagine having 20,000 students leaving the campus at the same time. It's sure same would continue to happen. Same happens in lagos at rush hour periods because there are no alternative routes or means of transportation.

Until the lectures are structured in a very unique way using computer simulated models, there is no end in sight. Even if you provide 1000 buses which is not feasible same issues would still continue.

Unilorin has a classical issue of having less than 5 per cent of their students on campus and a campus that only has one exit and is 8 to 10 kilometers from town. There no other means of transport out except the road. You can't walk from the academic area to your house neither can you swim.

Go to the park around 12pm and see how taxis would be begging you to come board their cabs.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by idu1(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
oluwadanie1:

Planning on that aspect grin grin grin

Very soon
gud, just buy small jalopy car. U will make money.... Truss me....
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by lachill(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lefty500:

Na lie, how much was the school population then? Imagine 14k fresher add that to the number of stalite, if you see queue you go run. Staying 2hrs + on a queue, e no easy o.
Its about knowing the right time to leave school, I've spent 20mins in that park!
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by rabimlomo: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
ednut1:
Wen i was in unilorin faced same crap o. Few taxis come into skul in d eveving because few pple will be going to skul by then. The sug organised 'korope' buses den bt was nt adequate. Solution :they should build more hostels on campus afterall land yapa. Nd d skul shud provided about 10 long buses as against 2 or 3 available. U cant be claiming beta by far if u cannot solve a simple problem of more dan 8 years
This problem is well over 15 years.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Yungmilio2(m): 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
My alma matter. Tanke sir

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by mu2sa2: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
Adedayo516:
Y'all should get bicycles... Problem solved
You may have intended ur post as pun, but seriously the best option for these hapless students is to get bicycles. l know ilorin fairly well. l have seen unilorin students at challenge bus stop standing in meandering queues for hours waiting for bus. A bicycle ride to the campus from that place will take less than 30 minutes. Many students live in Tanke, which is even closer to campus. lf a student has a bike he saves money and time.But some are too proud or ignorant to recognize what's good for them.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Yorubarocks: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
WTF!!!This school looks like a dumpsite, yet their students won't let us rest with their better by far nonsense.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by isaajibola(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
oluwadanie1:
Share your opinion guys, what could be the solution

More photos: http://acadablog.com/photos-the-hussle-and-tussle-of-transportation-in-unilorin/

SOURCE: www.acadablog.com

The school management should go en learn from University of Ibadan management, how school is being run effectively.

Or students shoud just go and buy bicycle, students used that in UNIBADAN and moreso, there is good road in UI.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
Isiterere:
I will rather buy Bicycle of 15k than to queue like this. Quality time will be wasted on queue.

ALL IZZ WELL
bros.. U no know the distance of the school from the gate that's why... Ask my guys wheesin yungmilio2 opey4luv rkarang etc you go know wassup wassup .. The distance be like 23kilometers.. cheesy but mod why front page na?? Why u dey open our nyash na?? What if kachisbarbie come see am na? E fit lead to divorce o grin
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by spanzed(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
Men it wasn't easy in my first two weeks of resumption in unilorin because of dis transport is i fell ill....but now I have a remedy to my transport is and what is It? simple move, I got no problem anymore I just book for my ticket online and leave school anytime I feel like, I don't queue...I urge you guys 2 try simple move it's cheap and reliable
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
All of y'all talking about bicycles.. Una fit ride bicycle of 23kilometers?
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by spanzed(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
1one:
Chaii

Chaiii

Chaiiii

This thread is replete with so many Haters and Beefers

gringrin

Anyways it's a weekend... Enjoy the beef... You can have it fried, grilled or boiled... As far it's served hot with a chilled glass of hate colada

gringrin
answer u Don get am.....We are just better by far
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2014
This is serious.

The school should have used all the money it used in buying that chinko Ipad to build train in the school..

With the look of things,only a train can solve this problem.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
spanzed:
Men it wasn't easy in my first two weeks of resumption in unilorin because of dis transport is i fell ill....but now I have a remedy to my transport is and what is It? simple move, I got no problem anymore I just book for my ticket online and leave school anytime I feel like, I don't queue...I urge you guys 2 try simple move it's cheap and reliable
oboy na shunting sure pass o.. #shun_tizzle cheesy which dept you dey?? Let's meet on monday drop your digits.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by lawalluck: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2014
chai...

ds problem persists.

I thought d school authority/fg were contemplating on building metro system ( locomotive) dt would ply campus- tanke route.

it's a matter of knowing when to join d queue. I would just crash into one of d theatres nd forced myself to read while waiting for d traffic to ease out around evening time.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Yungmilio2(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2014
yungchop:
bros.. U no know the distance of the school from the gate that's why... Ask my guys wheesin yungmilio2 opey4luv rkarang etc you go know wassup wassup .. The distance be like 23kilometers.. cheesy but mod why front page na?? Why u dey open our nyash na?? What if kachisbarbie come see am na? E fit lead to divorce o grin
As if sey I sabi ur papa name
Seriously even the one or two guys who use bicycles know the kind wahala and stress them dey face the high n low
I
Back to niormal how ur babe hawtimolly grin
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Piloeternity(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
This can't happen in UI
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2014
Yungmilio2:

As if sey I sabi ur papa name <------

I
Back to niormal how ur babe hawtimolly grin
werin you mean by that statement?
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Jamodeen123: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
;DOMG!
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by seyih2(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2014
Why all these sufferings on queue? Unilorin students should better subscribe to the use of bicycle. That's what we use here in Cambridge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUC Names 41 Illegal Universities / UNIBEN- 2012 Postgraduate Application Is Out. / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.