Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,291 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN (25185 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Only In UNILORIN You Will Find This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by 1one: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

I'm no gangster buddy. I just have a problem with people beating their chest with unsubstantiated info. It would do you good to verify stuffs before posting them on a public forum cos not everyone is dumb to swallow all hook, line and sinker.

I still stand emphatically behind everything I said.. They are very well substantiated and I really don't need to prove it to you so you can choose or choose not to believe...The Internet is an open book, so feel free to enlighten your self.

University of Ilorin is the best University in Nigeria:

-The youngest PhD student in Nigeria is from University of Ilorin.

-University of Ilorin has 0-3% cult activity

-University of Ilorin has a steady calender.

I wanted to let this issue ease out with the weekend but it's obvious you're not ready for that.... If you and c1556 or whatever his name is see this as trash and crap, I wouldn't blame your pair because the only thing a pig knows is dirt...Give a pig a well dressed meal...and it would still see it and relate to it as trash... So I'm not surprised at all.

Keep your comments coming.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by rkarang: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
wheesin:

RRKANG!!!!!!!

My humble brother............
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Sheggy13(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
1one:

I still stand emphatically behind everything I said.. They are very well substantiated and I really don't need to prove it to you so you can choose or choose not to believe...The Internet is an open book, so feel free to enlighten your self.

University of Ilorin is the best University in Nigeria:

-The youngest PhD student in Nigeria is from University of Ilorin.

-University of Ilorin has 0-3% cult activity

-University of Ilorin has a steady calender.

I wanted to let this issue ease out with the weekend but it's obvious you're not ready for that.... If you and c1556 or whatever his name is see this as trash and crap, I wouldn't blame your pair because the only thing a pig knows is dirt...Give a pig a well dressed meal...and it would still see it and relate to it as trash... So I'm not surprised at all.

Keep your comments coming.

Will u be civil for once? I thought you were reasonable enough for a mature discourse but it's obvious you are not with your utterances. U called me a gangster initially. I tried to make light of it and now you're equating me with a pig. Is that what you're thought in your best school? I shall end this back and forth with u at this juncture. Thank u.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by HoluwadareY(m): 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
isaajibola:

The school management should go en learn from University of Ibadan management, how school is being run effectively.

Or students shoud just go and buy bicycle, students used that in UNIBADAN and moreso, there is good road in UI.
UI is on d road,dey do not even need sch bus to leave d sch as d main gate is just along d road..UNILORIN is almost 4km from d nearest bus stop,so dnt compare 2 diff tins.peace,
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by HoluwadareY(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
tclever:

All what they do is shouting best uni in nigeria..scumbags
abi na,we r beta by faa....even though d transport issue is a challenge(wch is normal 4 any est),d management is making effort to solve d problem..search 4 simplimove unilorin,smart stds nw book 4 bus space online(no stress)...peace
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by 1one: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

Will u be civil for once? I thought you were reasonable enough for a mature discourse but it's obvious you are not with your utterances. U called me a gangster initially. I tried to make light of it and now you're equating me with a pig. Is that what you're thought in your best school? I shall end this back and forth with u at this juncture. Thank u.

Obviously we were taught the difference between thought and taught .. You're crying foul because you think I called you a pig, but you were the same person that called my post trash...Pig and Trash are like head and neck...No wonder we blend so much.

Have a nice weekend sir.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by MightySparrow: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Too bad, in the eighties it was the same problem. We were very few then on the main campus. I can imagine what this generation could be passing through now

Anyway, Unilorin, better by far.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by loldar2000(f): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lefty500:

Na lie, how much was the school population then? Imagine 14k fresher add that to the number of stalite, if you see queue you go run. Staying 2hrs + on a queue, e no easy o.

it has always been like dz. nothing different. i graduated in 2003 and it was like ds bk den. one day things we change.....more hostels
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Dabrain20(m): 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hmm! This reminds me of my xperience in d sch. The issue of transport is a serious one abt d university. I could remember wat happen in 2006/07. Students don't mind stayed @ d car boat. It was a serous issue den, But thank God, d problem was lessen 2009/2010, wen d then SUG president introduced Korope car. Believe me, with dt development, he was able to resolve d problem of transportation. I urge d present SUG pressy to take such drastic step too. Better by far!!! Great Unilorites
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Horllamideh(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
The long queue doesn't pose prob for me at all,am a good shunter,all i have to do is to find someone i know or move to where girls are on the queue,put on my best smile and ask politely "do you mind if i shunt in front of you??"....Works lyk magic
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Yungmilio2(m): 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
yungchop:
I come CIS on thursday na.. I see wheesin, I ask of you self but e be like say u don go house dat tyme.. I go enter that place on tuesday sha.. grin spanzed we go meet on monday
I no dey always dey faculty
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by hkidola00(m): 12:15am On Dec 07, 2014
moneybag100:
Please don't tell me this is a school in Nigeria? No wonder my friends keep disturbing me they want to school in france too....The environment standard is not even up to the place where we keep our dogs and pets in school premises in FRANCE.
If I come to this world again, I will still choose FRANCE as my place of study.
ode.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 6:22am On Dec 07, 2014
rkarang:

Nto-oo tonguetongue cheesy I stay on campus tonguetongue In other words, everything is moving smoothly, right here.

However, I feel for my fellow students that are experiencing this horrible situation.

Many of them are so smart that they've devised means of getting on with it.

What a cavalier attitude........
make I catch you on monday
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by micynute94(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2014
@ Youngchop..
pls r u a cis student?
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by adekolawole: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2014
'all should get bicycles... Problem solved' nice solution
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Olamilekan08(m): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2014
mu2sa2:
but seriously the best option for these hapless students is to get bicycles. l know ilorin fairly well. A bicycle ride to the campus from that place will take less than 30 minutes. Many students live in Tanke, which is even closer to campus. lf a student has a bike he saves money and time.But some are too proud or ignorant to recognize what's good for them.
I don't think bicycle is an option. A taxi will take more than 5 minute to get to the park for the school gate, and about 20minute from tipper garage, so how many minute ride do u expect from a bicycle, not to talk of the stress in riding up and down the hills. I'v seen some guys who tried it, trust me, they dump the idea in just a week.

And to our beefers, well wishers and those that sees this as a biz. opportunity, i want you to know that this only happens in the evening and on monday and tuesday morning , in the afternoon, u'll find a lot vehicles begging you.
I think the best solution is having more hostels.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by yungchop: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2014
micynute94:
@ Youngchop..
pls r u a cis student?
nope.. Med student but I do chill @ Cis wella
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by rkarang: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2014
Olamilekan08:

I don't think bicycle is an option. A taxi will take more than 5 minute to get to the park for the school gate, and about 20minute from tipper garage, so how many minute ride do u expect from a bicycle, not to talk of the stress in riding up and down the hills. I'v seen some guys who tried it, trust me, they dump the idea in just a week.

And to our beefers, well wishers and those that sees this as a biz. opportunity, i want you to know that this only happens in the evening and on monday and tuesday morning , in the afternoon, u'll find a lot vehicles begging you.
I think the best solution is having more hostels.

Be realistic and objective in your analysis. What a fallacy of composition....

Mark you, the idea of more hostel accommodation on campus is a long term project.I still maintain that adequate transportation system can solve the problem in hand.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by isaajibola(m): 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
HoluwadareY:

UI is on d road,dey do not even need sch bus to leave d sch as d main gate is just along d road..UNILORIN is almost 4km from d nearest bus stop,so dnt compare 2 diff tins.peace,

FYI: No commercial car is allowed to enter UI
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by isaajibola(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2014
rkarang:

Mark you, the idea of more hostel accommodation on campus is a long term project.I still maintain that adequate transportation system can solve the problem in hand.
Rkarang is talking.... Unilorinites or what's the name of unilorin students
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2014
Best Solution
U guys should buy bicycle or rollerskates or scooter or power bike or car buy
U won't av 2 wait like dis

cool grin
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by SenatorJames(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
May God save Nigeria future leaders.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by debbleopto: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Is this a university premises or a refugee camp

Error. it is Nazi concentration camp.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by debbleopto: 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Curiouscat:
Trust me....it is much better now. Ask around what 2007/2008 look like when peeps will sit down inside boot,follow tipper(that truck use for carrying sand) and some even trek out of school.

I was thinking that with ten years of no strike, the acclaimed technological advancement and locallize awards, they should have solved the transport that I met there in 1995. May be they should train the babbons at the back of works department to be carrying them to bekams hotel.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by HoluwadareY(m): 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
isaajibola:

FYI: No commercial car is allowed to enter UI
pls explain how dat is related to d issue on ground...
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by rkarang: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
isaajibola:

Rkarang is talking.... Unilorinites or what's the name of unilorin students

My brother, it's been a while now, sir. How is your studies?
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Olamilekan08(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
rkarang:

Yes i agree with you. But mind you, bicycle in not an option as popularly imagine by those that haven't ply the campus road. Also note that those transporter can only enjoy themself at the peak hours only, and its likely they will run on loss except they charge students a high price which may result to another problem.
Hostel, either long term or not will definetely need to be construsted which i believe would start one day, and why not now? This problem has been around for a long time. Why not start it now for the future. Though, i know there must be something more that is impeding the school from taking the decision.
Anyway, i find nothing wrong with any effort towards solving this problem, provided it is pocket friendly.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by kaybosedemi(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2014
The managent or SUG of UNILORIN should take an excursion to UNIBEN to see how they can improve on their transport system. I did my master's there. Very good model.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by lertee(f): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2014
coogar:
bwahahahahaha

i am surprised lertee hasn't posted on this thread. grin cheesy
This isn't peculiar to unilorin,it happens almost in every federal institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by coogar: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2014
lertee:

This isn't peculiar to unilorin,it happens almost in every federal institutions in Nigeria.

remove OAU & UNILAG out of this. transportation is never a problem in em schools.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by lertee(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2014
coogar:

remove OAU & UNILAG out of this. transportation is never a problem in em schools.
undecided undecided
Like you've been to OAU and Unilag in recent time. Even those from these schools cannot boast of smooth and stress free transport system.
Re: Photos: The Problem Of Transportation In UNILORIN by Penstef(f): 7:52am On Dec 09, 2014
This Nairaland is full of interesting people. There is a problem on ground and some are arguing about best university others are saying OP why are you exposing our school. Others just read and move on. This is the same attitude we have towards the situation of our country Nigeria.
Let's learn to think solution in all we encounter in life

As for me, i want to buy and deploy a Keke napep or a taxi to operate in the school but i need info on whether Keke is highly used or to buy a taxi for the purpose which is better

Secondly, how does one register his vehicle to operate within the school premises? What's the process?

Reply is urgently needed. Also, somebody to co-manage the business also needed. Most likely a student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUC Names 41 Illegal Universities / Tattoo Expert Bizzyaski Writes Open Letter To AKSU VC Over His Tattoo Statement / UNIBEN- 2012 Postgraduate Application Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.