Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Best And Worst Movies For 2008 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best And Worst Movies For 2008 (3998 Views)

The Worst Movies Of 2014. / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 1:57am On Dec 27, 2008
IF BrokeBack Mountain was "gay" to you, abeg dont bother seeing MILK

That's all I have to say grin

and I AM a film critic! tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by saintkola(m): 7:27am On Dec 27, 2008
WORST 2008 MOVIES ARE: Disaster movie, indiana jones: kingdom of the crystal skull, Machine girl. i didn't like Tropic thunder
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by saintkola(m): 7:28am On Dec 27, 2008
WORST 2008 MOVIES ARE: Disaster movie, indiana jones: kingdom of the crystal skull, Machine girl. i didn't like Tropic thunder
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2008
dinozzo:

Pineapple Express, I saw nothing funny, I found Seth Rogen very annoying with all his screaming.

I thought i was the only who couldn't stand all his screaming.
Can't wait for the day, he disappears from hollywood.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by dinozzo(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2008
iice:

I thought i was the only who couldn't stand all his screaming.
Can't wait for the day, he disappears from hollywood.

I still think he was ok in knocked up and super bad sha
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2008
Ewww knocked up is just ewwww.
I can't believe he will play Green Hornet angry
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by justkunmi(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2008
iice:

Worst movies -
Seven pounds
Che
angry

lol, .
iice
i saw Seven Pounds on christmas eve. . and *clears throat*

ok, not wat I was expecting actually. .
It was waaay below what I had in mind. .

there are a whole lotta questions unanswered in that movie. .
wat was he tryin to do? he just chooses "good" people and he "changes" their lives??
dont get it. .
Will Smith. . . .hnmffffffff. .

But i dont think its on my worst movies list. .
maybe dissappointin. .
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2008
I read the www.themoviespoiler.com since I don't watch Smith movies in the theater

The concept isnt hard to understand

He caused an accident that killed 6 people including his girlfriend making 7

He felt so guilty, he decided to make a list of  good/worthy people who needed organs/material things and he sacrificed himself.

Spanish lady got the deeds to his house
blind piano guy got his eyes
Rosario's character got his heart
some guy got his kidney
another person got his lungs
Little boy got his spleen

and i think someone got his liver.

7 people = 7 pounds of flesh = Shakespeare's "Merchant Of Venice"
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by SeanT21(f): 1:28am On Dec 29, 2008
Don't mess with the Zohan was Horrible!!

My mother saw the commercials and ordered it on ONDEMAND.I fell asleep after the first hour.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2008
JK the movie is not hard to understand.
7 pounds of flesh for 7 people like Karma said.

But am with you on what you expected. It was bad. So bloody contrived.

SeanT21:

Don't mess with the Zohan was Horrible!!

My mother saw the commercials and ordered it on ONDEMAND.I fell asleep after the first hour.

I also slept off about 30mins into the movie.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by justkunmi(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2008
karma, iice
I don't get it. .as in 'I don't get the point of this movie!!

Really. . what was the point?
he called the blind guy at the beginning, abused him to test his resolve, the guy didnt reply him rudely. that means the guy is a good guy??
the russian woman got a house cos her boyfriend was bad?

maybe i'm being too hard, but the movie had no point!!!.

. . and i'm sure it would get Oscar nominations because they like these kind of movies. .
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
JK, its all about the intentions *rolling eyes*
He looked for people 'deserving' of his pounds of flesh.
He tried to repay what i think he consider a debt and in someway his death is justified. . .

I dey go watch Benjamin Button jare
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2008
justkunmi:

karma, iice
I don't get it. .as in 'I don't get the point of this movie!!

Really. . what was the point?
he called the blind guy at the beginning, abused him to test his resolve, the guy didnt reply him rudely. that means the guy is a good guy??
the russian woman got a house because her boyfriend was bad?

maybe i'm being too hard, but the movie had no point!!!.

. . and i'm sure it would get Oscar nominations because they like these kind of movies. .

The point is he gave his organs to people HE felt deserved them. It's as simple as that
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vescucci(m): 11:44am On Dec 30, 2008
And for a moment I thought Seven Pounds had some spiritual undertone. It's a stupid plot and I find it hard to understand how that could be stretched into an hour twenty minutes. Most films nowadays stretch to 100 minutes or two hours. Wahala dey o. It should have been made into a short film instead. It seems the best movies came out last, eh, Karma?
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2008
Cant be anymore stupid than Hancock's plot

It seems the best movies came out last, eh, Karma?

Yep Yep. Saw Doubt a couple of days ago. Nice movie. Loved CCOBB more however

All that remains now to end the year with is Slumdog Millionaire grin

The Reader looks pretty good
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vicade(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2008
Slumdog Millionaire is the best film of the year 2008 by a wide margin and is the best film i have seen since i saw City of God.

I watch it everyday and i still love it and the paper planes sound track and the story line is just so so cool

worst movie is easily man on wire,disaster movie and seven pounds
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2008
Karma, slumdog is great but i must say Danny Boyle has a fascination with shit tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vicade(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2008
iice:

Karma, slumdog is great but i must say Danny Boyle has a fascination with shit tongue

That scene is a classic any day, any time. He even protected the picture while he was covered in shit.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2008
No more classic than the shit scene in Trainspotting grin
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2008
ewwwww I have to deal with shit in Slumdog?

vicade, don't spoil anything for me o. Now tell me why you hated 7 pounds. I havent seen it, I read the script and the spoilers and I'm not that big on WS movies anyway, I'm just curious about the negative reactions

Not like WS has ever really done any "great" movie.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2008
iice:

No more classic than the shit scene in Trainspotting grin

Til today, as much as I love Trainspotting, I still cant watch that scene

Once it gets to where he has the suppositories and he goes into the bar, I fastforward embarassed angry
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vicade(m): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2008
Seven Pounds was just forward and backward and the plot about a man donating his body parts to those he thinks deserve it so that he can seek redemption from an earlier misfortune did not just work with me.

As far as i am concerned, if i want to punish someone, i just recommend them to watch seven pounds cos it was just a drag and i think if not for will smith, it would easily be one of the worst movies ever.

But after watching seven pounds, i felt so terrible i had to watch city of God-which i believe is the best movie ever and was rated the number one movie you need to see before you die just to get back to my senses.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2008
In the past few years there's been a big campaign on organ donations so the plot isnt surprising to me.

Were you expecting action? tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by vicade(m): 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

In the past few years there's been a big campaign on organ donations so the plot isnt surprising to me.

Were you expecting action? tongue

To be honest, the movie is so bad, people might just decide not to donate any of their organs because of this movie.

they should have just done a 30 seconds advert or jingle for organ donation instead
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Til today, as much as I love Trainspotting, I still can't watch that scene

Once it gets to where he has the suppositories and he goes into the bar, I fastforward  embarassed angry

grin grin I like that scene.  It gives me the case of the giggles tongue

vicade:

As far as i am concerned, if i want to punish someone, i just recommend them to watch seven pounds because it was just a drag and i think if not for will smith, it would easily be one of the worst movies ever.

Probably why they offered Will that script.  His likability factor will draw people to the movie and some will undoubtedly applaud the movie because of him.

Karma, just watch it when you have nothing to watch.  The acting sef is below par.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by jejelolatu(f): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2008
I'm askin in advance dat y'all excuse my limited knowledge nd narrow point of view while i make my comment!!!

Am not a fan of d nollywood, so i dnt have a long list to pick a worst or best movie from!!

I watched only one naija movie dis year, there wuz a lot of hype on dis movie!!!

Evrywhere i turned, sumone wuz talkin abt d movie!!!

So,on boxing day, i got myself a copy of d movie and settled down to watch it.

halfway thru d movie i cdnt help but marvel at d level of intelligence of d average nigerian!!!

I kept wondering "wats al d noise peeps ar makin over this movie about"

the movie wasnt totally wack, it wuz actually funny.

I jst cdnt get past d fact dat so many nigerians cd find JENNIFER soooo interesting!!!

But then again, arent nigerians the same set of people listenin to nd loving al dat dbanj/kentro/durella/MP/e.t.c crap we cal musik.

Am sure, i wnt be watchin anoda nollywood movie in a while unles its a tade ogidan/ tunde kelani/emem isong or amata production!!

Wel, Maybe if don jazzy or id cabasa produced a movie nd laid sum terrible beats( sound track,) under the watery story line maybe i wd watch dat too!!!

Lol
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by jejelolatu(f): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2008
errrm, i knw y'all ar talkin abt cool hollywood movies, but i jes had to get dat jennifer stuf off my pweety chest!!

Am out ta here!!!
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2008
To be honest, the movie is so bad, people might just decide not to donate any of their organs because of this movie.

they should have just done a 30 seconds advert or jingle for organ donation instead

Funny thing is many critics are afraid that the movie makes suicide look beautiful

iice. Lmao @ acting sef is subpar. No be Will Smith? I never found him to be a good actor. seriously I only like him as a person, not as an actor.
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2008
lmao jeje, I liked jenifa as well. Im still waiting for Part 2 smiley
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 2:51am On Dec 31, 2008
Ok back from SlumDog. Lovely movie! I lov ed how it was just a straight forward romance movie. It was awesome. When they first showed the kids, I knew I was gonna enjoy it. It reminded me of the The Trio scene in COG grin

Gosh that dude tried with that his wretched brother sha. From the time he sold the pic, I would not have anything to do with him. Then again I can hold a grudge like a mofo angry but he was young then i guess but when threatened him with the Colt to get with the girl, that would have been the last straw. angry angry

One scene that bothered me was uring the transformation from young to teenage years, I hated how they had them speak English when they rosed up, would have perferred if they started speaking English after getting used to be around the tourists and stuff, that would have been more plausible

The scenes with Ambitah made me kinda teary eyed embarassed kiss It was grand.

The kiss ruined everything! tongue
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by iice(f): 9:43am On Dec 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

iice. Lmao @ acting sef is subpar. No be Will Smith? I never found him to be a good actor. seriously I only like him as a person, not as an actor.

grin grin Haba hin dey 'try' and it was really obvious in 7 pounds - the trying i mean.

Totally agree with your take on Slumdog.
The brother made up for his sins with his death eh?
Re: Best And Worst Movies For 2008 by KarmaMod(f): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2008
iice:

The brother made up for his sins with his death eh?

No angry

Do you think he really "had" Latika or he just took her to Jarvis, the blonde gangster he worked for. Notice how it was when he went to see Jarvis that he came back and decided to be a prick

Either way he's still a bastard angry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Movies You Can Never Watch With Your Parents / Cinema Launches In Oshogbo, Osun State On January 1st, 2018 / Scariest Movies You Have Ever Seen Are:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.