Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari (934 Views)

Do You Think The Hate Campaign Against General Buhari Is Working Or Failing? / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Many people seem to believe in the efficiency that Gen Buhari's rulership will deliver. And in no doubt, his antecedent alongside idiagbon speaks for him.
And for this reason I voted him in the 2011 election that didn't favour him.

Right now I don't feel like voting anyone. Gej has been lipsrsealed

Buhari seems to be on everyone's lips now and majority of those who threw their weight behind Gej in 2011 are fast moving to the Buhari camp.

The only thing I however still hold against Gen Buhari is the same "religious fanaticism" issue. I posted the paper below some weeks back and people made different remarks.

I'm of the opinion
that this bigotry in him lies inherent. I do not believe that fanatics just soften so easily. I believe he is trying too hard to please the other religion by telling the "my cook for 30 years" story and others...

What finally made me see he isn't rid of this fanatism is the stand he took on the Muslim-Muslim ticket when interviewed by Seun Okinbaloye if Channels TV.

When Buhari was asked if it was good considering the state of this nation, he only said that his party will decide.

I got thinking if you ask OBJ such question what his response will be. Every leader in this nation knows religion and ethnicity are very sensitive issues and for that reason try to represent each faction in governance as much as possible.

So I expected him - Gen Buhari to outrightly say "No" when considering the state of Nigeria. But of course, even the political party he belongs to doesn't think its a big deal to fly a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

NB: I'M NOT PARTISAN, JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS!

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by tinkinjow: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
Its not only bigotry and fanaticism, he's one of those who enshrined tribalism into the polity.
Has he ever supported in anyway the cause of any tribe or region outside his own however just such a cause may be? No.

Above all he has a disease, a deadly one, it's called envy.
Only pretenders will dispute this.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
funny enough this guy is not a full-blood Nigerian man, circumstances made him stay and now see the crisis. This is not religion from what I see, Fulani people no get soul!!

1 Like

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by SirHouloo(m): 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
Mine is just that he is a leader of the past century and not this age. Aside his age.....hmmmm
Okorocha all the way.

3 Likes

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by tit(f): 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
he is a serial murderer.
he killed four innocent people at bar beach in 1984.

3 Likes

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by itsmine: 12:13am On Dec 09, 2014
not as if Xtianity is faring better under a Xtian president frm all indications, I guess guys don't really know how much of xtianity has bn wiped off d face of d earth in Nigeria in d last couple years. for ur information, d muslim/xtian stats has bn heavily altered in NIgeria, no thanks to corruption in d miltary, an offshoot of d larger society. A full stop has bn put to many generations of xtianity in d N/E if u don't know. dis could av bn nipped in d bud had our leadership gotten their priorities right. Maitatsine began on a large scale in kano &yola in d mid 80s killing & maiming with such intense as never witnessed b4, but d muslim govt then eradicated every single soul of them within days then. Not campaigning for any politician, but I think all religions would flourish if human conditions are better irrespective of d religion of d leadership. Are muslims not enjoying life better in US, UK than Somalia, Yemen or Afghanistan? I think urgent problems need urgent solutions as we hav at hand now.
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by mumumugu(m): 12:27am On Dec 09, 2014
Buhari exonorated the military
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by motherlode: 12:34am On Dec 09, 2014
tit:
he is a serial murderer.
he killed four innocent people at bar beach in 1984.

were you there? undecided so if you were there then show me a pix or i don't believe it grin
HATERS everywhere on Nairaland!!!
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 09, 2014
itsmine:
not as if Xtianity is faring better under a Xtian president frm all indications, I guess guys don't really know how much of xtianity has bn wiped off d face of d earth in Nigeria in d last couple years. for ur information, d muslim/xtian stats has bn heavily altered in NIgeria, no thanks to corruption in d miltary, an offshoot of d larger society. A full stop has bn put to many generations of xtianity in d N/E if u don't know. dis could av bn nipped in d bud had our leadership gotten their priorities right. Maitatsine began on a large scale in kano &yola in d mid 80s killing & maiming with such intense as never witnessed b4, but d muslim govt then eradicated every single soul of them within days then. Not campaigning for any politician, but I think all religions would flourish if human conditions are better irrespective of d religion of d leadership. Are muslims not enjoying life better in US, UK than Somalia, Yemen or Afghanistan? I think urgent problems need urgent solutions as we hav at hand now.

Muslims are faring better in Christian countries than they are in muslim countries. Isn't that ironic? The moment a muslim takes over leadership, there is no telling what can happen, because muslims are incapable of separating religion from any other aspect of life and Islam is not exactly the most tolerant of religions.

That said, in choosing between GEJ and a buhari-muslim ticket, I would most likely vote for the latter (of course, depending on who the candidates are), based on the sheer incompetence of the former.
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by medamillion(m): 12:59am On Dec 09, 2014
[quote author=tinkinjow post=28713706]Its not only bigotry and fanaticism, he's one of those who enshrined tribalism into the polity.
Has he ever supported in anyway the cause of any tribe or region/] U're really thinking low just like ur username!
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:22am On Dec 09, 2014
SirHouloo:
Mine is just that he is a leader of the past century and not this age. Aside his age.....hmmmm
Okorocha all the way.

I'm not routing for anyone but like you said I think he should be sitting down advising, not ruling. And besides, many of his old tactics won't work too well in the recent political schemes.
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 09, 2014
One of My many reasons include that in 1983 When he was Head of state, my mum and dad were still somewhere in Nigeria dancing egedege and trying hard to earn a living, they haven't met and yet to concieve this beautiful lady.
Fast forward to 31 years later thesame man wants to be president.
I mean how can I vote in my great grand father in 21st century?
So how do I achieve my dream of becoming the first lady one day if I continue to vote for an ancestor?
Please give the younger generation a chance to contribute to the society because Naija belongs to us too...

1 Like

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:
One of My many reasons include that in 1983 When he was Head of state, my mum and dad were still somewhere in Nigeria dancing egedege and trying hard to earn a living, they haven't met and yet to concieve this beautiful lady.
So how do I achieve my dream of becoming the first lady one day if I continue to vote for an ancestor?
Please give the younger generation a chance to contribute to the society because Naija belongs to us too...
@bolded. Come and marry me,I also have a dream to become the president.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by FrankC3: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:

Now, that is interesting. I just love it when folks have clear priorities and yours, my friend, is as clear as crystal. You just want to be first lady when you are still young and productive and a President Buhari negates that very dream.

1 Like

Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2014
3cycle:

Do u get? Its really serious. I cannot count the number of "we're the leaders of tomorrow" jingles in my head. Same rhymes we sang over 3 decades ago.

Besides, Gen Buhari cannot deliver like he did in the past, the political sphere is now much more complex. He would definitely be entangled in the corruption he is trying to get rid of - not like he wasn't corrupt at all too. undecided
Re: The Only Thing I Hold Against General Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:31am On Dec 09, 2014
Seriously, did anyone watch Hus interview on channels? How do you guys feel about his disposition?

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi APC Primary Turns Bloody / In 2015, Dogs And Baboons Shall Rise And Defend The Ecosystem. Never Again!! / Arresting Shekau Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.