Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,970 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went (29096 Views)

Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! / Another Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Jchi9876: 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kingrapha:
dm bad ooooo grin

but u should lay of the orijin.... haba it ain't healty

Your grammar is sick
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by wonlasewonimi: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
sukkot:
who told you to pay 3000 in tithe ? crazy person grin

Pastor Chris
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
ritux:
This reminded me of some company that was contacting me when I was undergoing my MSC in UK. In fact, the MD said when I get back to Nigeria I should contact him so we schedule a meeting. When I eventually got to Nigeria, we fixed a meeting date. I had to fly from Warri to Lagos. On my way to the office, I got a call from him saying he had some appointment and that we should reschedule for the next day. I told him I will rather wait till late noon.
Finally, we met. After all the plenty interview and talk, he said he was going to pay me 35k per month. I just told him I will get back to him. A week later, he called me if I have considered the offer. I just replied him saying you think I will come from UK to come do a job for 35k a month when I can make that in 2 days doing menial job in the UK and I ended the call.
Lmao! cheesy
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Jchi9876: 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
The first job I got I was paid N3000 (Three thousand naira) a month as salary ... right now I own my own small business and consult for other companies in and out side Nigeria. One thing I have learnt over the years in my career hat has spanned over 10 years is that the greatest thing a company can give you is not salary but experience. Experience is one currency that can shoot your worth in the job market.

When starting out your driving force before working with a company should be the desire to improve to build on a track record of achievement and most times you may be short changed financially ... that should not bother you because when the reward for experience start pouring you would speedily forget the pain you went through to get it.

I do not know much about this company... But if working with them provided you the opportunity to grow as a individual, and I would have advised you to take the offer ... it is not a question of not knowing your worth but a question of taking whatever opportunity you get to build on your worth as you wait for those who know your worth.

Mathew briggs

You probably are one of those sadist "employers" i wonder what your "employees" say about you

2 Likes

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by sukkot: 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

Pastor Chris
shocked grin he need more tithe money to buy tire for that boat wey hin take do 51st baffday
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by stanisbaratheon: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
hehehehehehe...Nigerian graduates which way forward??
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by freezyprinzy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
buhahahahah....hilarious....d origin part got me lmao ◈◈◈
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
Jchi9876:

You probably are one of those sadist "employers" i wonder what your "employees" say about you

I pay people I work with a very fair amount... But the greatest value I know I can give to them is not a paycheck but experience ... My focus is more on making them better than I met them financially and most importantly skill wise.

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by sukkot: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
ritux:
This reminded me of some company that was contacting me when I was undergoing my MSC in UK. In fact, the MD said when I get back to Nigeria I should contact him so we schedule a meeting. When I eventually got to Nigeria, we fixed a meeting date. I had to fly from Warri to Lagos. On my way to the office, I got a call from him saying he had some appointment and that we should reschedule for the next day. I told him I will rather wait till late noon.
Finally, we met. After all the plenty interview and talk, he said he was going to pay me 35k per month. I just told him I will get back to him. A week later, he called me if I have considered the offer. I just replied him saying you think I will come from UK to come do a job for 35k a month when I can make that in 2 days doing menial job in the UK and I ended the call.
bros talk true. out of that ya uk menial job wages. mama charlie go take one quarter in taxes. ya council tax go take a huge chunk. ya rent go wipe out the rest. gas and water nko ? if you get tv - ya tv license nko ? you dey drive moto mot and road tax and insurance go mean say you done enter red. abeg no come here come lie to the peoples and dem. e for better make you take that 35k job. at least dey calm body everyday with orijin out of the 35k so ya blood pressure go calm down grin

4 Likes

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by cupidhero(m): 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
FSE# mr orijin! lol. Nwoke na ije!
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Godmother(f): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
This story is quite hilarious cheesy . But I didn't find the part about the gateman and receptionist sitting in on the interview funny.

At OP( or naijasinglegirl)
Seeing these two persons should have told you it wasn't a serious job naa

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by luvola(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
baywatch84:
Your own better na, my own without knowledge of it was invited to GNLD interview, I almost die that day that my life had descended that low that I sat among stupid fools doing rubbish and clapping incessantly, this country had suffered graduate a lot even with good grade in the university... God help us all
My brother my 2.1 is just at home gnashing his teeth... Fustrated
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by charlove(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
......His forgettable interview experience.....
....the ladies interviewed me like i snatched their boyfriend....
OP are u gay? cos me nor understand oooo
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by fejikudz(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by sukkot: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
viczing:

Culled from:[url]naijasinglegirl.com/na-wa/[/url]
DAYUM NIGGA what you doing in ukraine ? thats a dangerous place for black men
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
On top this, we're still expecting more graduates this year. God go help this country Nigeria. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by spiralwedge(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
I no fit laugh o. Hilarious!
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Abduletudaye(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
This is catastrophic! All that stress? 30K? God!!!! Sometimes I don't feel like applying for jobs but I can't live with my parents forever.. Still have to keep hope alive.. It is well.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by AriDsexy(f): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
Reading please grin

It just reminded me of my own interview in Abuja,infact it consisted of six panel of interviewers,bombarding me with different questions.We were even rating the company ourselves and giving a figure to d likely salary one would be paid assuming u get the job.

Only to be called 2weeks later and told d pay was 40k,I thought bout it for like 2days after I got the offer letter but turned it down after putting some things into consideration.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ritux: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
sukkot:
bros talk true. out of that ya uk menial job wages. mama charlie go take one quarter in taxes. ya council tax go take a huge chunk. ya rent go wipe out the rest. gas and water nko ? if you get tv - ya tv license nko ? you dey drive moto mot and road tax and insurance go mean say you done enter red. abeg no come here come lie to the peoples and dem. e for better make you take that 35k job. at least dey calm body everyday with orijin out of the 35k so ya blood pressure go calm down grin

During my studies, I wasn't paying any bills because I was staying in school hostel and I already paid for that before I got there.

After my graduation, I got a room in a flat with some friends. I was paying 300 pounds per month inclusive of all utility bills + internet for my one room. I never had time to even watch TV because I was always working. All I think about was to make money before going back to Nigeria. The times I had to watch EPL, I had to go use my school library computer to stream online. Other times, I just go out to have fun or stay in my room watching Iroko TV.

Apart from the tax which is already deducted from my pay slip, I virtually pay nothing. I was making really good money. The only negative part is that I was not happy with the kind of jobs because I did not go to school because of that. My consolation was the money. I always get the money to pay for my accommodation working in just a week. The other 3 weeks pay goes straight into my account.
So my guy, 35k naira a month was not an option.

11 Likes

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Cwaya(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
MizMyColi:
Brb
Reading cheesy

***Modified***

Hiohiohiohiohiohiohiohio

Just speechless.

Fine decision OP.

That Orijin part tho undecided undecided undecided undecided

[size=4pt]I just hate the brand name....too local imo[/size]
lipsrsealed
tongue

Now Come here you girl .. undecided

Tell me watz Local about the drink-name ?? undecided

*hey gooan buy me 1 itali at that shop* tongue

Answer me oo!!
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by MEILYN(m): 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
sukkot:
my oga at the top. I troway hailings wink
I see you chief.... You no even pity for the babe, na tithe matter you just pick point. grin
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by sukkot: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
MEILYN:
I see you chief.... You no even pity for the babe, na tithe matter you just pick point. grin
That 3000 can buy many cans of orijin cheesy whatever the hell that is. what is orijin ? undecided
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ROZZAYY(f): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
lolz dis just made my day,so funny. hehehehehe, chai
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Rilwayne001: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
What is "origin"?
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Tekzyflex(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nigeria! That name makes me weep. You can get $350 a week doing menial job in NY.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by paycash: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
If you can work in other state display your contacts here I will give you a job 30k with free transport and accommodation.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by U1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2014
Una no go kill pesin. Your blood go don dey turn Orijin small small sef. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Extended (photo) / General Electric Africa Early Career Development Program- Finance, Nigeria / Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Digital Trainee Recruitment 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.