Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went (28958 Views)

Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! / Another Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by mcpat(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
eph12:
Some banks pay their marketers this you know and they pass thru much stress cry
which bank? Which marketers? Define Marketers please
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by arsetalks(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2014
agarawu23:

modified : I presently earn $2740 monthly as an undergraduate and some fools will say no place like home. yes! its my home when NIGERIA IS BETTER
Na bro, you shouldn't expect to reap where you do not sow and the country is bad because people like you who the country need are not contributing their quota. I can understand wanting a better life for yourself but like it or not, no where like home.

And tell you what? You can make that much in Nigeria stress free. It is not what I believe is possible, it is what I know is possible.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by agarawu23(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
arsetalks:
Na bro, you shouldn't expect to reap where you do not sow and the country is bad because people like you who the country need are not contributing their quota. I can understand wanting a better life for yourself but like it or not, no where like home.

And tell you what? You can make that much in Nigeria stress free. It is not what I believe is possible, it is what I know is possible.
ok sir
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by raayah(f): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by raayah(f): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2014
abbey621:
My friend, let me lend you my 2 cents! The reason many graduates are jobless is because they keep waiting for the perfect opportunity, yet missing the chance to improve their resume while the search continues. As a fresh graduate you have no experience, no workforce training, you are basically a liability. As an HR manager I would be very reluctant to hire someone without experience when someone with a few years of experience competes for the same job. Try not to look at it from the monetary aspect, I know everybody wants to make money but there are systematic ways of doing things. My first ever job was at a grocery store, it was depressing and unfit for a graduate like me but in the long run it helped me learn valuable skills which propelled me into a wonderful career in another sector. Whenever I hear stories like people searching for a job for 1, 2 or even 3 years I just shake my head, opportunities are there you just have to work towards it.

You are right! But it is difficult to get experience because there are very few jobs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
FEW JOBS ON NIGERIA

CHECHNYA MUCH SIGNATURE
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by abbey621(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
raayah:

You are right! But it is difficult to get experience because there are very few jobs in Nigeria.

There are many jobs in Nigeria but most people have high taste, they believe after struggling thru school, they deserve the best jobs. While this is true, a child must crawl before walking. Use what is available to get what is attainable, I see nothing wrong in managing a job with less pay if the job brings you valuable experience. The key here is to look at the bigger picture and not solely focus on the immediate situation.

2 Likes

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by sukkot: 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2014
raayah:

Tax is charged accordingly. In my province, if you earn less than 20 thousand per year. There are no taxes.
And when filing your tax refund, they return a lot of the money to you.
Everybody even in Nigeria pays cable and light.
Good roads, constant electricity, fire unit, ambulance , 911, i have never paid for going to hospital and mostly peace of mind.

I'd rather pay 20percent of my income and live good.
You call being hooked into a matrix living good ? you ever wonder why people in nigeria are fresher and more relaxed than nigerians in london ? bills bills bills bills. check out this video. see the stress on their face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpxpcWCxeDE

listen, nothing beats having your own bore hole generating your own water and light and outrightly owning your home. that thang yall do in london is not called living. its suffering and smiling. i have lived in london in the past and i see it
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by holatin(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
then I lose hope
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by fpeter(f): 5:21pm On Dec 09, 2014
THE GATEMAN PART GOT ME LAUGHING SO HARD cheesy
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by MEILYN(m): 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
sukkot:
That 3000 can buy many cans of orijin cheesy whatever the hell that is. what is orijin ? undecided
it is an alcoholic drink sire. Just google it.

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Kabikala(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
The OP is a good writer. With a fantastic sense of humour too.

I particularly love your SURE-Q response. wink
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by DICKtator: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
ritux:
This reminded me of some company that was contacting me when I was undergoing my MSC in UK. In fact, the MD said when I get back to Nigeria I should contact him so we schedule a meeting. When I eventually got to Nigeria, we fixed a meeting date. I had to fly from Warri to Lagos. On my way to the office, I got a call from him saying he had some appointment and that we should reschedule for the next day. I told him I will rather wait till late noon.
Finally, we met. After all the plenty interview and talk, he said he was going to pay me 35k per month. I just told him I will get back to him. A week later, he called me if I have considered the offer. I just replied him saying you think I will come from UK to come do a job for 35k a month when I can make that in 2 days doing menial job in the UK and I ended the call.

This your story I find a bit curious
Did he know that you had a MSc from a U.K. varsity and went ahead to offer you such amount?
What type of organisation was he the CEO?
A large organisation?
I typed this cos some CEO like to test applicants' level of humility and perseverance!!
He might just have been trying to size you up psychologically for the mega bucks and job ahead!!!
Please note the "conditional adjectives"
grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ITbomb(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ritux: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
DICKtator:

Did he know that you had a MSc from a U.K. varsity and went ahead to offer you such amount?
He knows very well because he saw my profile on linkedin with my previous working experiences.
It was a Project Consultancy and Contracting Company. He is the CEO
A large organisation?
Not too large but well above average.

I typed this cos some CEO like to test applicants' level of humility and perseverance!!
He wasn't testing me jare. He was damn serious. He even told me some people who are currently working with him for over 2years earn 80-120k and they do a lot of travel
He might just have been trying to size you up psychologically for the mega bucks and job ahead!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ITbomb(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
DICKtator:

A large organisation?
grin grin grin grin
I thought I was alone in this possible psychological test assumption.
First he was trying to reschedule a meeting which many do to test patience, then he offered a 35k job after full analysis which I assume the applicant rejected without asking about the job conditions and responsibilities and even possibility of a raise (even though most employers disappoint after)
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by bayulll01(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
agarawu23:
change ur heading to "labour job interview mistaken for a graduate interview "

nigeria n poverty sad

I once lived in tunisia (north africa) and I earn 70k monthly just to wash plate in restaurant.

guess how much i will earn if I was a graduate.

God will help our dear Nation.

modified : I presently earn $2740 monthly as an undergraduate and some fools will say no place like home. yes! its my home when NIGERIA IS BETTER
u are one of the most sensible people av ever set my eye on,nigeria the most useless and pathetic country in the whole continent pls send me the contact Tunisia pls I beg you
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by agarawu23(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
bayulll01:
u are one of the most sensible people av ever set my eye on,nigeria the most useless and pathetic country in the whole continent pls send me the contact Tunisia pls I beg you
see dis man o. just like that? after u will be crying of being scam

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Montaque(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
@OP, what is the profile of the company and what are they into? You didn't mention that.
If its a job that will give you experience/boost ur CV/holds better future prospects/nurture ur skill in ur discipline,I think you shud ve given them a favourable consideration. Some pple u look up to started that low.

Our problem is rather under-employment.
And don't tell me u are one of the pple that swore to start with a salary above 150k or never.
Bestwishes to u .
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by ewizard1: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
viczing:
Except for the man, the rest of the team began firing me questions like I
snatched their boyfriend or something.

This part really cracked me up!!!
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by dhope: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
another funny part of dis story is how bad those other 5 guys dt were asked to go after d test wud hav felt. it is possible dey might be thinking dey hav missed chance to get a good job on their way home. may God save dis country
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Pauloot(m): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
kaiiiiii!!!!

would av read this on my bed relaxing ooo

Who send me to read am for canteen

Lolzzzzz
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Montaque(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
bayulll01:
see u,u are the most gullible person I ve ever met on NL. No offence but you need to be a man.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by goldfish80(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Am a huge fan of naijasinglegirl. Kudos to whoever is responsible for the humorous write-ups.

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Sleek05(f): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2014
goldfish80:
Am a huge fan of naijasinglegirl. Kudos to whoever is responsible for the humorous write-ups.

naijasinglegirl is responsible for the humourous write-ups. kudos to her

1 Like

Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by jimmy101231(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
Kingrapha:
dm bad ooooo grin

but u should lay of the orijin.... haba it ain't healty
shey na poison? Ote
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by goldfish80(m): 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
Sleek05:

naijasinglegirl is responsible for the humourous write-ups. kudos to her
Naijasinglegirl is kinda anonymous. Nobody knows if a guy or girl is behind the articles. That's why I I used the pronoun "whoever "
I've lost count the number of my favourite article posted by naijasinglegirl.
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by Naijasinglegirl: 12:23am On Dec 10, 2014
goldfish80:

Naijasinglegirl is kinda anonymous. Nobody knows if a guy or girl is behind the articles. That's why I I used the pronoun "whoever "
I've lost count the number of my favourite article posted by naijasinglegirl.
ermmm...I am female. Isn't it obvious
Re: Another Interview Gone Sour.......Wish I Never Went by goldfish80(m): 7:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Naijasinglegirl:
ermmm...I am female. Isn't it obvious
You're anonymous type of writer. I can't attach a face to the name. Excuse me if I think you could be a guy. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Extended (photo) / General Electric Africa Early Career Development Program- Finance, Nigeria / Airport Services Agents Job Recruitment At Qatar Airways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.