Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. (102750 Views)

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / Kutty And The Ghetto Story By Rounakid (kutty) / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by gracile(f): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
Baba,dem those mob no beat you well o,cause if dem do,all those things wey the babe do no go move you,I remember when sore-throat wan kill me some years back,my babe sit-down for my joystick but the thing no gree stand o,d sickness make am no respond at all but your own still dey send motives to your brain,na wa o embarassed,dem for beat your eye commot lipsrsealed tongue
As in dt sore na die o, d tin nearly killed Me last nice as in i couldn't even breathe! breathing in was like inhaling peppery dust..
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by gracile(f): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
Baba,dem those mob no beat you well o,cause if dem do,all those things wey the babe do no go move you,I remember when sore-throat wan kill me some years back,my babe sit-down for my joystick but the thing no gree stand o,d sickness make am no respond at all but your own still dey send motives to your brain,na wa o embarassed,dem for beat your eye commot lipsrsealed tongue
As in dt sore na die o, d tin nearly killed Me last nite as in i couldn't even breathe o! breathing in was like inhaling peppery dust..
Fembleez1:
As in dt sore na die o, d tin nearly killed Me last nice as in i couldn't even breathe! breathing in was like inhaling peppery dust..
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
kinwayne:
Episode 21.

She continued feeding me amidst laughter and gisting. She was really a jovial and easy going person. I enjoyed her company that I wished it would last forever.

She then informed me about everything that had happened, about the mob almost lynching me together with the thief but a group of good samaritans came to my rescue, insisting that I wasn't among the robbery attack and that the description of the thief's partner didn't match with me so I was Freed.

She also said that I was already knocked out and laid lifeless on the floor before the revelation was made, thankfully I wasn't killed but no one thought it fair enough to at least give me a helping hand or rush me to the hospital, that she alone brought me to the hospital all by herself.

I looked at her with amusement, she didn't even know me, yet went through all that just to help me.

'Don't tell me you wanted to act like the good samaritan in the bible?' I asked. 'I don't even you, but yet you just decided to help me just like that?' I questioned.

She laughed. 'I know you but I don't think you know me'.

I looked at her, puzzled. 'You know me? How? Where?'.

She giggled again. 'I see you as a very kind hearted person who would go any length to help or please others even at your own displeasure'.

This girl was speaking in parables o. I sat upright on the bed with confusion written all over my face.

'I still don't get you, how do you know me, have we met before please?' I asked.

'Its a shame I didn't get the chance to thank you for your small deed towards me and my dad' She said again.

Now I was completely lost! I looked straight in her eyes anxiously waiting for her to continue.

She smiled and continued as she understood me. 'You remember weeks back when you and your friends help give a push to a Man's car?' She asked, looking at my face in expectance of a nod which she got and so she continued.

'Well that's my father, he was supposed to thank you guys but I guess he was running late for an appointment, since then, I have been looking for you to at least say thanks' She said.

I was stunned, who could think that our little help to her father even if he didn't give us any reward that moment could come back in a hundred fold, I thank my stars for helping them out.

'But dear, how did you know we helped your dad, am pretty sure you weren't there then?' I asked.

'Ofcourse I was there, I was inside the car but I guess you didn't see me because of the tinted glasses in the hummer that's why I said, I know you but I don't think you know me' She replied.

Choi! Life is good o! That small help to her father was what helped me out today, I promise to continue helping people o.

She brought her hand and began rubbing my chest. ' So here I am now, this is my way for saying thank you, I have paid all the hospital bills and also arranged for your food and drugs till you get better.... Bla bla blaa'

I wasn't even listening to all her long talk, her hand on my chest was just taking me to and fro from earth to Jupiter.

Choi!, continue rubbing my chest baby!!

"But yet you just decided to help me"using "but" with"yet" is wrong it's either you use but or yet.e.g you don't know me but you just decided to help me? Or you don't know me yet,you decided to help me?.........and I think yet is the most appropriate word to use .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

"But yet you just decided to help me"using "but" with"yet" is wrong it's either you use but or yet.e.g you don't know me but you just decided to help me? Or you don't know me yet,you decided to help me?.........and I think yet is the most appropriate word to use .

I get your hang. Would avoid such mistakes... Don't forget to vote me for best new comer by clicking here o https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

Thanx if you do.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
kinwayne:

I get your hang. Would avoid such mistakes... Don't forget to vote me for best new comer by clicking here o https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

Thanx if you do.

I don vote teeeeteeee
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by wilson61(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oga kinwayne kip up d good work,been silently following...but i should realy comment..so here it is!
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 10:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello friends. Kindly vote me for the 'Best New Comer' of the month in Nairaland literature section by clicking this link and inviting your friends to help vote for me https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

Thanx if you do. Would be humbled and highly appreciative to see your votes..

would update this story tomorrow. Thanx y'all.

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Harkanbi(m): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
well done boss
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
Bluestarry:
ahh broz ah d o. Just busy

Abeg do quick o,I dey miss that your story! cheesy
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 12, 2015
Fembleez1:

Abeg do quick o,I dey miss that your story! cheesy
check my signature. Goodeve
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2015
gracile:

As in dt sore na die o, d tin nearly killed Me last nite as in i couldn't even breathe o! breathing in was like inhaling peppery dust..

Chai embarassed

E don leave you now or not?

So make I come around if you need help tongue

Hope say your bf/husby no dey NL o cry
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:08am On Jan 12, 2015
Bluestarry:
check my signature. Goodeve

Na "who offended the gods" I dey talk about o,abi you don start another one

Goodevening boss
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by gracile(f): 12:17am On Jan 12, 2015
Fembleez1:

Chai embarassed

E don leave you now or not?

So make I come around if you need help tongue

Hope say your bf/husby no dey NL o cry

for wia e no gree leave o, ah no know wetin to take ontop am again o cry

No fear abeg, i need help seriously
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:27am On Jan 12, 2015
gracile:

for wia e no gree leave o, ah no know wetin to take ontop am again o cry

No fear abeg, i need help seriously

Lol,..........if this was sexuality section,I for advice make you try BJ embarassed

But,go to the pharmacy,they should give you some tablet for it,'sore-throat' is the only sickness I fall for once every year,I won't like to prescribe drugs I use for you since am no pharmacist,make I no go enter wahala embarassed

Abi make I show,if your bf no go land me for hospital like kinwayne? grin

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by gracile(f): 12:42am On Jan 12, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol,..........if this was sexuality section,I for advice make you try BJ embarassed

But,go to the pharmacy,they should give you some tablet for it,'sore-throat' is the only sickness I fall for once every year,I won't like to prescribe drugs I use for you since am no pharmacist,make I no go enter wahala embarassed

Abi make I show,if your bf no go land me for hospital like kinwayne? grin
if to say i don marry, na dt bj i for try o cos my sis done buy me plenty medicine, I done take all buh dem nva still wrk
anyway I appreciate..

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:46am On Jan 12, 2015
gracile:

if to say i don marry, na dt bj i for try o cos my sis done buy me plenty medicine, I done take all buh dem nva still wrk
anyway I appreciate..

Don't menton it smiley

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
#Loading
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Episode 23.

I boarded a cab from the hospital to take me home and then another awful event unfolded.

Sitting on the passenger seat of the car, the driver began a conversation with me, as we familiarized with each other. At first I thought we would just get to know ourselves and then he would shut up but I was wrong.

The driver began talking and talking as if his mouth was a leaking basket, from politics to food and to family, all spheres of life, this man was just talking. His talkative mouth hurt me even more than the pains I was feeling and I just felt like locking him in the boot of the car with his mouth sealed.

Although I must admit he was a good company, but I was just fed up with his chalancy and noisemaking.

We were half way into the journey when we sighted a group of people crowded in a particular spot on the flyover bridge. I thought the driver would overlook it and continue driving but for where! I was totally wrong. This driver was a true definition of a 'busy body'.

He didn't even request my permission as he quickly stopped and parked the car besides the road in order to go have a view of what was happening there.

Unfortunately for him, that was where his problem began.

I sat in the passenger seat as I watched him rush to where everyone stood. This man wasn't thinking o, what if I was a thief and decided to do away with his car?. Anyways, the crowd seemed to be watching a man who stood on the edge of the bridge dancing and yelling.

I couldn't really see well from inside the car so I didn't know what was really happening.

Curiosity got the upperhand of me as I opened the door of the car and made to where the crowd was. I now stood at a vintage spot and could see clearly what was happening but it seemed nothing was actually happening, only that the people were watching a man, who was probably mad, counting and shouting excitedly ontop of his voice as he confidently stood on the edge of the bridge without falling.

'44! 44! 44!'

I began wondering what '44!' meant because it seemed the crowd didn't even understand what the mad man was saying.

'44! 44! 44!' The mad man continued singing and counting ontop of his voice while we all watched.

The spirit of 'Busy body' that was in my drivers body didn't let him rest as I saw him from where I stood, excuse his way between the crowd and finally got closer to the mad man on the edge of the bridge who was busy counting 44! Continuously.

The driver tapped the mad man on his shoulder and asked,

'Psycho wetin be the meaning of 44! 44! Wey you just dey shout since?' The driver asked quimzzically.

Before we knew what was happening, the mad man lifted up the driver like a piece of paper and threw him over the bridge and began shouting excitedly again, this time he changed the figures

'45! 45! 45!'

Omo, every body scattered, people took to their heels, even I wasn't left out as I sped away faster than the wind. In less than a second, the whole expressway was deserted except for the mad man on the edge on the bridge who continued counting, dancing and shouting,

'45! 45! 45!'

So that was what the mad man meant by 44!? Choi! I yaff suffer!

Hello guys, pls don't forget to vote me for the 'Best new comer' award by clicking here https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

Would be humbled and appreciative to see your votes.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kwencypresh(f): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
kinwayne ur story is muaaaaaah

I dey follow u like kilode

If to say i neva marry ehhn

Love ur story n keep it up
Pls i wnt to knw wat happened to d very rev. T n Emma d mishevious guy
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
kwencypresh:
kinwayne ur story is muaaaaaah
I dey follow u like kilode

That's sweet of you dearie. Thanx.

If to say i neva marry ehhn

Hahahhaha, what exactly do you have in mind?

Love ur story n keep it up
Pls i wnt to knw wat happened to d very rev. T n Emma d mishevious guy

Sure, this story is just beginning, you would know everything as time goes on.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kwencypresh(f): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
kinwayne:

That's sweet of you dearie. Thanx.

Hahahhaha, what exactly do you have in mind?

Sure, this story is just beginning, you would know everything as time goes on.

pls dnt keep me waiting
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by solomonbrown64: 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
...Mehn, u are good..
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
kinwayne:
Episode 23.

I boarded a cab from the hospital to take me home and then another awful event unfolded.

Sitting on the passenger seat of the car, the driver began a conversation with me, as we familiarized with each other. At first I thought we would just get to know ourselves and then he would shut up but I was wrong.

The driver began talking and talking as if his mouth was a leaking basket, from politics to food and to family, all spheres of life, this man was just talking. His talkative mouth hurt me even more than the pains I was feeling and I just felt like locking him in the boot of the car with his mouth sealed.

Although I must admit he was a good company, but I was just fed up with his chalancy and noisemaking.

We were half way into the journey when we sighted a group of people crowded in a particular spot on the flyover bridge. I thought the driver would overlook it and continue driving but for where! I was totally wrong. This driver was a true definition of a 'busy body'.

He didn't even request my permission as he quickly stopped and parked the car besides the road in order to go have a view of what was happening there.

Unfortunately for him, that was where his problem began.

I sat in the passenger seat as I watched him rush to where everyone stood. This man wasn't thinking o, what if I was a thief and decided to do away with his car?. Anyways, the crowd seemed to be watching a man who stood on the edge of the bridge dancing and yelling.

I couldn't really see well from inside the car so I didn't know what was really happening.

Curiosity got the upperhand of me as I opened the door of the car and made to where the crowd was. I now stood at a vintage spot and could see clearly what was happening but it seemed nothing was actually happening, only that the people were watching a man, who was probably mad, counting and shouting excitedly ontop of his voice as he confidently stood on the edge of the bridge without falling.

'44! 44! 44!'

I began wondering what '44!' meant because it seemed the crowd didn't even understand what the mad man was saying.

'44! 44! 44!' The mad man continued singing and counting ontop of his voice while we all watched.

The spirit of 'Busy body' that was in my drivers body didn't let him rest as I saw him from where I stood, excuse his way between the crowd and finally got closer to the mad man on the edge of the bridge who was busy counting 44! Continuously.

The driver tapped the mad man on his shoulder and asked,

'Psycho wetin be the meaning of 44! 44! Wey you just dey shout since?' The driver asked quimzzically.

Before we knew what was happening, the mad man lifted up the driver like a piece of paper and threw him over the bridge and began shouting excitedly again, this time he changed the figures

'45! 45! 45!'

Omo, every body scattered, people took to their heels, even I wasn't left out as I sped away faster than the wind. In less than a second, the whole expressway was deserted except for the mad man on the edge on the bridge who continued counting, dancing and shouting,

'45! 45! 45!'

So that was what the mad man meant by 44!? Choi! I yaff suffer!

Hello guys, pls don't forget to vote me for the 'Best new comer' award by clicking here https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014.

Would be humbled and appreciative to see your votes.

" mouth was a leaking basket"........is there a basket dat doesn't leak?......well u could ave used simile " his mouth was leaking like a basket"............Note:no vex I no dey do dis kind thing(being a critic)..nah because I dey enjoy ur story.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by zoomman(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

" mouth was a leaking basket"........is there a basket dat doesn't leak?......well u could ave used simile " his mouth was leaking like a basket"............Note:no vex I no dey do dis kind thing(being a critic)..nah because I dey enjoy ur story.
Bros coz u wan comment is dats y u quote all d story Nawa oooo
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
zoomman:

Bros coz u wan comment is dats y u quote all d story Nawa oooo

Abeg no vex for me.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
kinwayne:

hahahhaha.... I laugh. Everyone is prone to mistakes bro, and am not left out, besides am still learning to write and even me sef, am amazed at the level of improvement in which I have gone through this last few months, starting from my use of words to vocabulary, punctuations and ideology to write. Infact lemme introduce my self so you guys can understand that am not a magician to magically improve 'magically'.

Am Chikere Kingsley. 15 Years of age (Did I just say 15?? Take it or leave it). 100 Level Human anatomy student, Ahmadu bello University zaria.

Am not bragging sha, but at my age, I think I have tried to become to good writer to stand where writers stand.

Enough 'bout me, story continues...

*Runs away before some people stone me with catapult*
Did i jst hear u say 15?? No wonder...
Dnt mind me,,i hv my reservations....
But ur trying
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omavik:

Did i jst hear u say 15?? No wonder...
Dnt mind me,,i hv my reservations....
But ur trying

Hmmn, sorry dear, but if you're thinking what am thinking then you're totally wrong! I didn't write this genre cuz of the limitation to my age. I wouldn't talk further so as not to bring about an exchange of words..

Read my first story and speak for yourself https://www.nairaland.com/2002258/broken-trust-blockbuster-story.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Chrisx1x(m): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2015
kinwayne:

hahahhaha.... I laugh. Everyone is prone to mistakes bro, and am not left out, besides am still learning to write and even me sef, am amazed at the level of improvement in which I have gone through this last few months, starting from my use of words to vocabulary, punctuations and ideology to write. Infact lemme introduce my self so you guys can understand that am not a magician to magically improve 'magically'.

Am Chikere Kingsley. 15 Years of age (Did I just say 15?? Take it or leave it). 100 Level Human anatomy student, Ahmadu bello University zaria.

Am not bragging sha, but at my age, I think I have tried to become to good writer to stand where writers stand.

15 wat? Bros i knw u are joking.i just want to hear it directly frm u.did u say 15yrs
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by zoomman(m): 2:08am On Jan 13, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Abeg no vex for me.
grin no yawa baba mi
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 13, 2015
kinwayne:

Nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.