Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. (102756 Views)

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / Kutty And The Ghetto Story By Rounakid (kutty) / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fatalveli(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
She continued 'stroking' and 'carresing' my
head

According to the passage, u meant the same thing by saying 'stroking and caressing, meanwhile, the words both have the same meaning, it shud be: She continued carresing my
head.

Revealing a white 'Mr Biggs' 'takeaway bag'.

I'd rather u say takeaway nylon

I just sat on the bed
totally speechless, She brought my head again and placed it
on her laps, opened the takeaway dish
and scooped a handful to feed me--- you got me confused here, are you really sitting or lie down on the bed because it not possible for you to be sitting while she places ur head on her laps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
well,,still following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by jayfelloe(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
the story sweet like fufu et grndnut.. . barman oya come here sharperly . give me big alomo and wen u get to mesuya side tell him to give me roasted lizzard. . I must see the end of dis story. .
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by jayfelloe(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
Fatalveli:
head

According to the passage, u meant the same thing by saying 'stroking and caressing, meanwhile, the words both have the same meaning, it shud be: She continued carresing my
head.

I just sat on the bed
and scooped a handful to feed me--- you got me confused here, are you really sitting or lie down on the bed because it not possible for you to be sitting while she places ur head on her laps.

i
Fatalveli:
head

head.

I just sat on the bed

i
Fatalveli:
head

head.

I just sat on the bed

i
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by harjibolar10(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
jayfelloe:
i i i
What a ridiculous person you are? Qouting all that, with just the letter 'I'?
And what's that suppose to mean oo?
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Ali1king: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
harjibolar10:

What a ridiculous person you are? Qouting all that, with just the letter 'I'?
And what's that suppose to mean oo?
i tink he knows notin
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
Fatalveli:
head

head.

Sorry bro, but personally I dont see any flaw in using the two words together, you can say they are combined adjectives which I added in order to give a more graphic detail to my esteemed readers.

Fatalveli:

Hmmn, I'll advice you consult your urban dictionary... Using the word 'Nylon' could be accustomed as thinking via the 'Naija mentality'

Fatalveli:
I just sat on the bed

My bad for not describing that scene properly, would do better next time.

Kinwayne:
Where the heck is Fembleez1
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by seuntope8(m): 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dude I give you one thousand and one gbosa's..! you tried by makin Me 2 neglect my delicious pounded yam with vegetable soup not attended to. you really gat Me busy with laughter on limited..!
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
kinwayne:

Sorry bro, but personally I dont see any flaw in using the two words together, you can say they are combined adjectives which I added in order to give a more graphic detail to my esteemed readers.

Hmmn, I'll advice you consult your urban dictionary... Using the word 'Nylon' could be accustomed as thinking via the 'Naija mentality'

I think polythene bag is more appropriate.....nice story.

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by dkronicle(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Last write wey make me laugh like dis na madman.com. Am feeling dis nigga
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Psalmwise(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
kinwayne:
Hello friends, feel free to check my first ever work here www.nairaland.com/2002258/broken-trust-blockbuster-story. Thanx.
bros nah comedy or love story or both
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Psalmwise(m): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

I think polythene bag is more appropriate.....nice story.
or bagco bag

Nah joke oo
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:31am On Jan 11, 2015
I am here bro,....think I might partly agree with fatal on the first correction,if you check the meaning of 'stroke',you will find the word 'caress' in its definition but since you said you used it as a form of combined-adjective just to give your readers some more words to chew/read as a graphical illustration,I might have to accept that as your diction(choice of word) but in an english exam,I would put a question mark in front and tell you it is tautology. wink

On the case of 'Nylon' or 'bag',I wouldn't say Nylon is a form of naija's english cause it wasn't defined by Akpos but the bag might sound more pleasing to the ears than the nylon,nylon's definition isn't defined as something that is a bag,only nigerians see nylon as a bag but 'Nylon' is probably the most useful synthetic product. It's a plastic that can be molded into everyday products or drawn into fibers for making fabrics—and its launch in the late 1930s truly changed the world. Don't believe me? Let me explain. You can pretty much live your entire life with nylon by your side. You can snooze away on brushed nylon sheets until your alarm clock (powered by nylon gears) wakes you up. Hop across the nylon rug or carpet to your kitchen, maybe eat your breakfast from a nylon bowl, before cleaning your teeth with a nylon toothbrush. Hold a nylon umbrella over your head to keep out the rain when you set out for work or school or, if the sun's shining and you're heading to the beach, wear your quick-drying nylon swimming shorts instead. Feeling adventurous? You could try jumping from an airplane and have a nylon parachute bring you safely to the ground! Those are just a few of the things that nylon does for us every single day...........so you can see nylon isn't a bag except you add some suffix/es to it like,'nylon-bag','nylon-umbrella',nylon-dress' or 'nylon-parachute'.

Shoyemiayodeji gave a nice one of the use of 'polythene-bag',or you could say 'nylon-bag' but to be more formal,'bag' would be enough!.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 12:45am On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
I am here bro,....think I might partly agree with fatal on the first correction,if you check the meaning of 'stroke',you will find the word 'caress' in its definition but since you said you used it as a form of combined-adjective just to give your readers some more words to chew/read as a graphical illustration,I might have to accept that as your diction(choice of word) but in an english exam,I would put a question mark in front and tell you it is tautology. wink

On the case of 'Nylon' or 'bag',I wouldn't say Nylon is a form of naija's english cause it wasn't defined by Akpos but the bag might sound more pleasing to the ears than the nylon,nylon's definition isn't defined as something that is a bag,only nigerians see nylon as a bag but 'Nylon' is probably the most useful synthetic product. It's a plastic that can be molded into everyday products or drawn into fibers for making fabrics—and its launch in the late 1930s truly changed the world. Don't believe me? Let me explain. You can pretty much live your entire life with nylon by your side. You can snooze away on brushed nylon sheets until your alarm clock (powered by nylon gears) wakes you up. Hop across the nylon rug or carpet to your kitchen, maybe eat your breakfast from a nylon bowl, before cleaning your teeth with a nylon toothbrush. Hold a nylon umbrella over your head to keep out the rain when you set out for work or school or, if the sun's shining and you're heading to the beach, wear your quick-drying nylon swimming shorts instead. Feeling adventurous? You could try jumping from an airplane and have a nylon parachute bring you safely to the ground! Those are just a few of the things that nylon does for us every single day...........so you can see nylon isn't a bag except you add some suffix/es to it like,'nylon-bag','nylon-umbrella',nylon-dress' or 'nylon-parachute'.

Shoyemiayodeji gave a nice one of the use of 'polythene-bag',or you could say 'nylon-bag' but to be more formal,'bag' would be enough!.

Fembleez1 has spoken!!!! All noted. But una no try o,
Na because I mention say icecream and coke dey inside the bag una wan castrate me like dis?
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 12:57am On Jan 11, 2015
kinwayne:

Fembleez1 has spoken!!!! All noted. But una no try o,
Na because I mention say icecream and coke dey inside the bag una wan castrate me like dis?

Lol,.........e don tey wey I don suck that thing called icecream o cheesy,too much garri with milk na him cause am embarassed
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 1:06am On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:

Lol,.........e don tey wey I don suck that thing called icecream o cheesy,too much garri with milk na him cause am embarassed

hehehehe. Campus life, the girls, the ghetto, the Garri , the glory.

Soak garri small small o, kwashiokor is real!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by eunisam: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2015
i am not laughing at all at all. I want this thread to get to page 50 in two days.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2015
eunisam:
i am not laughing at all at all. I want this thread to get to page 50 in two days.

Hahhaha.. Nice sense of humor darling..

2 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2015
Hi guys. I was nominated, 'Best New Comer' in literature section for this month, kindly click on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/42#29685014
to vote me if you feel am the 'Best New comer'.

I Would be humbled and highly appreciative to see your votes. Thanx and God bless.
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fatalveli(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2015
kinwayne:

Do u knw the course I wanna read in school. 'LAW'. I'd have agreed to disagree with you but it seems feembleez has clarified things, you have to listen to corrections if you wanna become a great writer. I'll still stick around if you want.grin

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 11:17am On Jan 11, 2015
Fatalveli:
Do u knw the course I wanna read in school. 'LAW'. I'd have agreed to disagree with you but it seems feembleez has clarified things, you have to listen to corrections if you wanna become a great writer. I'll still stick around if you want.grin

Thank You very much. I sincerely appreciate your observations,pls keep 'em coming, I need more of it to improve.

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by jayfelloe(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2015
please update na. #red-eyes#
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Episode 21.

She continued feeding me amidst laughter and gisting. She was really a jovial and easy going person. I enjoyed her company that I wished it would last forever.

She then informed me about everything that had happened, about the mob almost lynching me together with the thief but a group of good samaritans came to my rescue, insisting that I wasn't among the robbery attack and that the description of the thief's partner didn't match with me so I was Freed.

She also said that I was already knocked out and laid lifeless on the floor before the revelation was made, thankfully I wasn't killed but no one thought it fair enough to at least give me a helping hand or rush me to the hospital, that she alone brought me to the hospital all by herself.

I looked at her with amusement, she didn't even know me, yet went through all that just to help me.

'Don't tell me you wanted to act like the good samaritan in the bible?' I asked. 'I don't even you, but yet you just decided to help me just like that?' I questioned.

She laughed. 'I know you but I don't think you know me'.

I looked at her, puzzled. 'You know me? How? Where?'.

She giggled again. 'I see you as a very kind hearted person who would go any length to help or please others even at your own displeasure'.

This girl was speaking in parables o. I sat upright on the bed with confusion written all over my face.

'I still don't get you, how do you know me, have we met before please?' I asked.

'Its a shame I didn't get the chance to thank you for your small deed towards me and my dad' She said again.

Now I was completely lost! I looked straight in her eyes anxiously waiting for her to continue.

She smiled and continued as she understood me. 'You remember weeks back when you and your friends help give a push to a Man's car?' She asked, looking at my face in expectance of a nod which she got and so she continued.

'Well that's my father, he was supposed to thank you guys but I guess he was running late for an appointment, since then, I have been looking for you to at least say thanks' She said.

I was stunned, who could think that our little help to her father even if he didn't give us any reward that moment could come back in a hundred fold, I thank my stars for helping them out.

'But dear, how did you know we helped your dad, am pretty sure you weren't there then?' I asked.

'Ofcourse I was there, I was inside the car but I guess you didn't see me because of the tinted glasses in the hummer that's why I said, I know you but I don't think you know me' She replied.

Choi! Life is good o! That small help to her father was what helped me out today, I promise to continue helping people o.

She brought her hand and began rubbing my chest. ' So here I am now, this is my way for saying thank you, I have paid all the hospital bills and also arranged for your food and drugs till you get better.... Bla bla blaa'

I wasn't even listening to all her long talk, her hand on my chest was just taking me to and fro from earth to Jupiter.

Choi!, continue rubbing my chest baby!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by princesssusan(f): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hahaha luv one tin-tin

3 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Episode 22.

We gisted for quite some time before she excused her self, saying she needed to rush home before her dad became worried at her absence from the house since she didn't tell him where she was going before she left.

'Please don't go now, just stay a bit please' I begged.

She rubbed my chest again, ' I would have loved to but I have to get going now, besides I know the kind of Dad I have, if he finds out am presently with you here, you would be dead by morning' She said while we both laughed.

'Is he that bad?' I sarcastically asked.

She drew closer to my ear and whispered. 'He is a retired General in the army, no one jokes with his daughter' We had a good laugh at this but I knew she just told me in a subtle way that she was a no nonsense girl, a daughter of a retired General? Fear catch me small.

I didn't want her to leave but I guess I had no choice. I enjoyed her company every bit and we flowed well just as if we had known each other for a long time now. I couldn't just take my eyes of her radiant ebony skin with those white dazzling 32's which whenever she smiled, I felt butterflies in my tummy.

Her beautiful face lightened up every dark spot in my heart. I have never felt this way for any girl in my life.

She was different from all other girls I know, something I couldn't lay my hands on but I just knew she was special. She stood up to take her leave while I managed to sit upright on the edge of the bed, she glanced one more time at me and turned but I couldn't contain the passion building inside me ever since the first time I opened my eyes and saw her.

I drew her back gently by her arms and as she turned, I planted a kiss on her lips. I didn't know what entered me but I just felt like as if the world and life instantly became sweet, I started seeing rainbows and a beautiful creature come out of it with a bow and an arrow as he shot what seemed to be like a Love-badge arrow.

She didn't resist my kiss but I saw she felt kinda shy as she withdrew her lips instantly.

Without another word, she picked up her bag and hurriedly left the ward.

I just lay on the bed and all that crossed my mind was her and nothing but her.

The doctor came in minutes after she left and announced that if I wanted to go home, I was free to do so because I only had minor bruises, and that's how I was discharged.

I had already walked past the hospital gate to the express road in order to board a cab to take me home when reality dawned on me.

Damn!, I forgot to ask the beautiful damsel for her number. Shit! I didn't even know her name!. I had f'up big time.

I felt like crying but I manned up, how could I have lost such an opportunity to collect her contacts.

Something was really wrong with me.

I shrugged that thought off, stopped a cab and home I went.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Baba,dem those mob no beat you well o,cause if dem do,all those things wey the babe do no go move you,I remember when sore-throat wan kill me some years back,my babe sit-down for my joystick but the thing no gree stand o,d sickness make am no respond at all but your own still dey send motives to your brain,na wa o embarassed,dem for beat your eye commot lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
Bluestarry,.......you well so? undecided
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by kinwayne(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
Baba,dem those mob no beat you well o,cause if dem do,all those things wey the babe do no go move you,I remember when sore-throat wan kill me some years back,my babe sit-down for my joystick but the thing no gree stand o,d sickness make am no respond at all but your own still dey send motives to your brain,na wa o embarassed,dem for beat your eye commot lipsrsealed tongue

Hehehehe. Bros, e be like say love at first sight never hold you b4 oo.. The girl just catch my heart as if na ebola....
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Fembleez1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
kinwayne:

Hehehehe. Bros, e be like say love at first sight never hold you b4 oo.. The girl just catch my heart as if na ebola....

Chai shocked

Anyway,ride on boss smiley
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by ProfGday(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
mummy c child abuse!

1 Like

Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Ali1king: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
ABEG RIDE ON
Re: Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fembleez1:
Bluestarry,.......you well so? undecided
ahh broz ah d o. Just busy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio / Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.