Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book (47610 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
franciskaine:
What has Odi issue got to do with boko haram? no one is attacking the person of GEJ but rather his policies. His actions or in-actions are a part of his policies. His inability to tackle corruption is a part of his policies, u don't tell me you are fighting corruption yet corruption strikes a worrisome tone in your govt. Gej has not received 10% of the criticism OBJ got during his reign. OBJ was criticised by North, East and West, even d dogs criticised OBJ and no one countered the criticisms. Gej misused the trust imposed on him hitherto 2011. I can't imagine GEJ boldly trying to re-contest without fixing or building a refinery as promised yet people sing his praises out of mere tribal or ethnic appendage. You talk of economic reforms! My question is for how long will these reforms translate into a meaningful standard of living for the average Nigerian? When will the price of oil in nigeria reflect the reforms?
odi has everything to do with boko haram in the sense that they all involved insurgency /human lives/Nigerians an how it was handled. If the government handle the northeast crisis the way obj handled odi... the gates of he'll would be flung open! we saw a glimpse of it when the so called northern elders wanted to drag ihejirika to international court. and was obj able to stop the militants in Niger Delta?
You can't tackle corruption! corruption is an idea, ideas are unstoppable! that's the bitter truth! you keep on saying he should tackle corruption, and I ask how? let's face the truth, corruption is in all of us. one way or the other we have indulged in corrupt practices! so stop being a hypocrite!
there has not been any administration that wasn't accused of corruption. the old line of "the corruption in this government is like no other before it" has been used time an tme again since the first military coup.

you speak of the materialization of the economic reforms on the average Nigerians, it's already impacting on the lives of average Nigerians. We are a very funny set of people, we want change, but we are not ready for it. take the fuel subsidy crisis for example, it was clear that it wasn't helping the economy and only few people were benefiting from it, the government wanted to remove it so that the economy won't collapse an with time the "average Nigerian " would start to benefit from it.... but unfortunately it was these "average Nigerians " who protested against it! something that would impact positively on their lives.. they said no! some without even knowing Wht the whole subsidy thing was all about.

1 Like

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by heatmeup(f): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Amya:
hmmm.

It's only in Nigeria that a president who was openly vindictive and went to war with his perceived enemies will write about Jonathan's squirmishness of his perceived enemies.

He influenced the outcome of an election and made a very sick yaradau our president and he's blaming God knows who for not making yaradau's illness public.

Sharing the story about the non-existent elder statesman about the country being run by those women more than anything painted him as a chauvinist. Little wonder his daughter hates him.

Obasanjo ruled for 8 years and he didn't have any significant achievement in all his years as president, yet he has the mouth to criticise. This is a typical case of a pot calling kettle black!
am not really a fan of OBJ but if not for that man you won't b posting on nairaland by this time using a phone
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
walemoney007:
u. Are havin light for up to 29hrs,are u really sure u are alright.DAFT FOOL

yes sometimes we do enjoy light from 12am to 5am the next day, is that not 29hrs? oh sorry I forgot you are clueless when it comes to calculation. and in case you don't know, we have light right now as I'm replying you.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
heatmeup:
am not really a fan of OBJ but if not for that man you won't b posting on nairaland by this time using a phone
was he the inventor of GSM?

1 Like

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2014
vigasimple:
The irony of this book is that the net beneficiary is GEJ.

It was to seal Atiku's political coffin against Bhuari in their primaries tomorrow. Unfortunately both of them are not electable.

GEJ has beaten both of them before and he would do so again.

OBJ' watch is before YAR ADUA, so how come he is talking about something many years later.

OBJ has a beef against GEJ because of kasamu and PDP leadership in SW.

This, thankfully will not affect the results of election which is just 2 months away.

This was OBJ last throw of the dice. He will never be relevant again.

OBJ is also lucky that Atiku will not win otherwise OBJ will spent the rest of his life where he came from before he became the President.

All in all, the book is good for comic relief as it is packed of other's mistakes and not a single one of OBJ.

He saint-paint himself & deludes himself into believing as well...d man is a case!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Sabdeejat: 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2014
Keep moving baba Obasanjo for ur unreserve truth.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by chigoizie7(m): 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
our problem as nigerian's is rather a more complex one. this very statement " kettle calling pot black" does it in anyway suggest that the pot is not black? certainly, the both of them are black, in this case, the kettle realized that being black to this nation made him tarnish our image and is therefore telling the pot to be aware of what being black means so that his {the kettles ) mistakes wont be repeated. just imagine a prostitute (repented or not repented) telling a young gal that just entered the business of prostitution the dangers and drawbacks of her newly found trade. does it in anyway entails that the former was never one or still a prostitute? i believe that one of the reason of having a father/predecessor is for us to learn from their mistakes in the past, and we all can attest that its the responsibility of our fathers/mothers/predecessor/who ever that has been in a particular place/position before us to always caution us. former president obj was never a saint.but that does not mean that he cant recognize a fellow devil when he see him/her. ma 2cents. our point of view /sense of reasoning/ assimilation might differ. but this is what i tot i should add

1 Like

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by DaBullIT(m): 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
More than 5 comments have called obasanjo a monkey , nobody is saying anything , When some other people start hashtagging clueless and Jona , cyber warriors will spring up and stop complaining

OBJ founded was one of those idealists that created PDP , he's so far the most experienced President Nigeria ever produced , longest serving in the history of Nigeria , The only man who was a military president and two term civilian president , if he publishes a book which contains what we all know to be true , and some Judges are trying to prevent that book from reaching Nigerians then its a shame

OBJ was not perfect , no one has ever been perfect but on a scale of imperfection ' GEJ's result is the poorest

Embrace the truth and let's build a better Nigeria together
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by chigoizie7(m): 11:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

yes sometimes we do enjoy light from 12am to 5am the next day, is that not 29hrs? oh sorry I forgot you are clueless when it comes to calculation. and in case you don't know, we have light right now as I'm replying you.

29hrs is an understatement i njoi 7days of un interupted power nd its not the 1st neither is it 2nd nor 3rd,i am not saying any of the past nd present leader did it single handedly oooh, all of them did it cos during their tenures, billions were being pumped into that corrupt sector thank GOD they are improving .
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by keylaz: 11:45pm On Dec 09, 2014
My fellow nigerian open you eyes... GEJ can't help this country, come 2015 if he wins , we r doom, check how many people dat has died becoz of him. Yet he has done virtually nothing. Am voting for peace .. Surprising iam an igbo and a christain.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by emmatok(m): 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

people say he is weak, clueless, and not fit to rule. But nobody, not even a single soul has said anything indicting concerning his policies, his economic reforms policies etc. All they do is personal attack and the northeast crisis. yes he is doing poorly in that area, but we are seeing some improvement. the northeast crisis has dragged on not because the government is incapable of dealing with the issue but because of the collateral damage which obj completely ignored when he committed genocide in odi.

GEJ has got no single economic achievement, OBJ left billions in foreign reserves, tell is whats left.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Yes o! Obj won a noble price for inventing GSM

So you're still on this forum? Is your faith in Jonathan wavering?
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Kingslaw(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
6. “I understand the president tried to make excuses for everyone, but President Jonathan is not too weak to be able to butter his bread and, if necessary, to engage the services of Satan to achieve his self-centered interests on the altar of all else.”

God Forbid. MY FATHER CAN NOT WORK FOR THAT FOOOOL..
chai!!!!!!!!! Son Of lucifer!!!!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by mfm04622: 12:21am On Dec 10, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
6. “I understand the president tried to make excuses for everyone, but President Jonathan is not too weak to be able to butter his bread and, if necessary, to engage the services of Satan to achieve his self-centered interests on the altar of all else.”

Satan prefer to work for fools! The wise men would run from him, so he can only work for fools.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2014
dammytosh:

Thanks Bro.

I am so excited about the strategy.

He knew Atiku was very powerful. Infact Atiku impeached Evan Enwerem his Senate President and installed Okadigbo. He had the judiciary, he had the house of rep, he had 28 of the 36 Governors (Damn It) [That is why Obasanjo had problems with Ladoja, Fayose and co then.

Instead of fidgeting or [b]confronting [/b]Atiku, He pretended as if he was not aware at all, Planted a mole and finished 8 years successfully. (Even trying oliver twist)

The lesson is to be wise and know the right time to confront an adversary otherwise, you make him plan more dangerous things against you.

Northerners cant do without corruption....it is the very air they breathe....I know what I'm talking aboutt...they just pretend so as to remove ppls suspicion about them....but they are green snakes u der green grass
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by greggng: 12:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Dear baba obj ,

I wish to ask for ur forgiveness for my inappropriate verbal actions against you. 5ir , after going through your recent book, I am now better informed to know that you mean well for this country. I now know that what an elder sits down and see will be difficult for a child to see even when standing .

Sir, forgive iyabo for allowing the devil to manipulate her negatively.remenber blood is thicker than water. Baba pls don't forgive ayodele fayose whenever he comes for forgiveness again. His actions in ekiti portrays a man on a revenge mission. Remenber his rascality was responsible for the impeachment he suffered in the past .I know he will be impeached again. Ensure your security men don't allow him to submit another later of apology.

Finally, continue your good and may almight God protect your from the evil hands of the trained 1000 snippers

2 Likes

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by laimo(m): 12:35am On Dec 10, 2014
My own wish:Baba should remove this clueless plague in Asokoro. Obj caused Nigeria this Jonathan mistake.
Jonathan must be defeated.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Soloter(m): 12:49am On Dec 10, 2014
NJPot:
Obasanjo would never stop amazing us. Well, Chinua Achebe released a book and died. May be Obj is about to ..... I no talk anything ooo. Meanwhile, see where the book has landed him at here
Baba shall live longer than necessary in Jesus' name!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by coldFLARES1(m): 1:42am On Dec 10, 2014
grin. Flesh and blood did not reveal Nos. 5 and 7 to Baba. So on point!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 10, 2014
Hi lady Amya! just want to educate you abt OBJ's achievement.
1 wen he came on board he met nothing in nija account both foreign reserve nd home reserve and there were debt on ground(IMF .nd paris club) in which nija was paying 40% of her annual income on it. In 2007 obj cleared ds debt(30 % debt free by clinton), before he cleared ds debt he has to demote okonjo because she is an agent of IMF who were not for nija to clear ds debt
2 obj left $80b in nija foreign reserve nd billions of naira in home reserve. yardua nd jona strtd using ds money to pay workers dt are not rendrn any servc(militant)
3 obj increased teachers nd lecturers salaries
4 refertilizatn of telecommunication industries
5 persuading of many foreign countries who had left during military to come bk e.g canadian embazy. to b continue nxt time, gat to do smtn.

1 Like

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by bishoppapi: 2:18am On Dec 10, 2014
lonelydora:
OBJ is not suppose to say anything about corruption in this country. Kettle calling Pot black. But No. 5 and 7 make small sense shaa.

GEJ till APC fields a credible person.

Nothing much about this FTC. Well, here in Otuoke where I'm schooling, we are yet to see the book.

Give me 10 evidences of OBJ's corruption or withdraw your statement.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by bishoppapi: 2:19am On Dec 10, 2014
NJPot:
Obasanjo would never stop amazing us. Well, Chinua Achebe released a book and died. May be Obj is about to ..... I no talk anything ooo. Meanwhile, see where the book has landed him at here

You will die one day too...abi you are immortal ni?
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by bishoppapi: 2:22am On Dec 10, 2014
Amya:
hmmm.

It's only in Nigeria that a president who was openly vindictive and went to war with his perceived enemies will write about Jonathan's squirmishness of his perceived enemies.

He influenced the outcome of an election and made a very sick yaradau our president and he's blaming God knows who for not making yaradau's illness public.

Sharing the story about the non-existent elder statesman about the country being run by those women more than anything painted him as a chauvinist. Little wonder his daughter hates him.

Obasanjo ruled for 8 years and he didn't have any significant achievement in all his years as president, yet he has the mouth to criticise. This is a typical case of a pot calling kettle black!

Did you just say OBJ ruled for 8years and didnt have any significant achievement as president? You must be joking, or suffering from dementia.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by bishoppapi: 2:29am On Dec 10, 2014
ladodo:
Our God is good, obj imposed gej on us, now gej is not dancing 2 obj tune, obj now is saying dis about gej, obj should go and sit down, when men uses their evil means 2 change God plans and they sit back expecting things 2 be in their favour, for where God go show them.

OBJ imposed Jonathan on you ke? With your level of education, someone still imposed somebody on you at your age....na wa oh...

So OBJ pointed a gun in your head to vote for Jonathan? You must be joking.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Ilekokonit: 4:22am On Dec 10, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan personally contacted the former president and pleaded with him to to postpone the book launch until next year after the 2015 presidential election but Mr. Obasanjo reportedly told him that there was nothing in the book that is not known to the Nigerian public.

Asked if he had read the book, President Jonathan replied that he had not got a chance to read it yet. Obasanjo then told him there was no reason to panic about a book he hadn’t read.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/09/former-president-obasanjo-defies-court-order-launch-his-autobiography-lagos
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by rebranded(m): 5:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Why does GEJ want another term, he knows he is not fit for the job! well maybe the other 4 Presidents have pushed him to it. grin

Baba iyabo is confirming a lot of things we all suspected..it is well!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by continentalceo(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

You need jesus man!
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by fyneboi79(m): 6:25am On Dec 10, 2014
Ishilove:

Source: http://ynaija.com/dont-believe-the-presidents-words-only-his-actions-7-notable-excerpts-from-objs-book/
Baba carry on! I dey feel you as all of una wey follow spoil Nigeria don plan to finally sell d country.

Vote Buhari 2015 grin
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Ahmeduana(m): 6:53am On Dec 10, 2014
plumule:
I thought he said "autobiography" why is he referring to the present adminstration. I really want to read dis book " oya oga vendor suply am first thing tomorrow morning"
ACTUALLY HAVE NOT SEEN THE BOOK BUT WITH ALL THE EXTRACTS, IT SHOWS THAT IS LESS OF OBASANJO AND MORE OF HIS ADVERSARIES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture / Chuka Umunna Shows Off His Girlfriend For First Time (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.