Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book (47595 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by G12(m): 7:00am On Dec 10, 2014
When an old man is lieing, you can only gaze and scratch your head. Smh
OBJ is loosing his relevance. So na only him be hero and all in all
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by walemoney007(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

yes sometimes we do enjoy light from 12am to 5am the next day, is that not 29hrs? oh sorry I forgot you are clueless when it comes to calculation. and in case you don't know, we have light right now as I'm replying you.
k
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by walemoney007(m): 7:16am On Dec 10, 2014
crisycent:

Your papa dey quote.
fvckin !diot go n die jo
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by flexing11(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2014
walemoney007:
fvcktard,just d way u are referring to a man nobody in ur family will b on d same level he is,I had to also call u a monkey cos dats wot u r sw!ne
u are just like ,,,,esterda,,, t,,,pe like u are ,,,ot suppose to b i,,, dis forum cos u are just 2 clueless,, wastebi,,, like u,
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by walemoney007(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2014
flexing11:

u are just like ,,,,esterda,,, t,,,pe like u are ,,,ot suppose to b i,,, dis forum cos u are just 2 clueless,, wastebi,,, like u,
what's dis one sayin,n who is even chatin wit u.u wanna b notice abi,I don notice u so fvck off jo
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by flexing11(m): 7:32am On Dec 10, 2014
walemoney007:
what's dis one sayin,n who is even chatin wit u.u wanna b notice abi,I don notice u so fvck off jo
get lost am eve,,, wasti,,,,g m,,, time t,,,pi,,,,g dis words,,u are a fool
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by walemoney007(m): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2014
flexing11:
get lost am eve,,, wasti,,,,g m,,, time t,,,pi,,,,g dis words,,u are a fool
mtcheww
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Mist100: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2014
Like someone earlier said listen to the message not the messenger. These are exposé to the crisis we have in Nigeria today. Repair can start from here.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by eprynce(m): 8:28am On Dec 10, 2014
Has anyone noticed that OBJ in the whole book(s) was just casting stones and pointing fingers at everyone else except himself.

This man, actually sees himself as the only 'good' president Nigeria ever had. Imagine, he claimed to have even advised the great chief Awolowo. And you know what? Most of us caused it - we ascribe all sorts of names, titles and reverence to this man. Some even hold him in great awe. He doesn't deserve it! He's too petty nd really great men are devoid of this trait.

If he thinks he were lord, why didn't he accomplish so much? Why all that happened right under his watch?

Fact is that 'na Obasanjo shit wetin dey smell for Nigeria today'!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by heatmeup(f): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

was he the inventor of GSM?
as at 1994 how much did you buy gsm as at 1999 that"s if you ever had one then
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 10, 2014
dammytosh:
The book will expose a lot of things.

Just that Nigerians are not wise enough to grab message and ignore the messenger.

I don't like El Rufai one bit. I bought his book the Accidental Public Servant and learnt a lot about Power.

The way Obasanjo 'claimed' he handled Atiku is Legendary. A good case of Strategy and being the Boss.

1000 likes. Basically, wholly grasping and not being overly sentimental.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Bimpe29: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2014
Without being sentimental, the contents of his publication can't be thrown out of the window. Rather, it should be thoroughly read, objectively analysed and carefully used as a reference point in our collective efforts towards having a prosperous nationhood. So, message should be given unprecedented attention, not the messenger. Message last longer than the messenger, and the contents of the message doesn't change, while the nature & character of the messenger do fluctuate.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by zudozz: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2014
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL LISTEN 2 THIS MAN? WHY IS HE TRYING 2 BRING JONATHAN DOWN? GOD GAVE HIM UNmerited FAVOR. HE WANTS 2 BE LISTENED TO N RESPECTED ALL D TIME. IF GOWON SHAGARI N ABDULSALAMI RE TRYING 2 PARTICIPATE TILL DATE THERE WONT BE ANY POLITY CALLED NIGERIA BY NOW. This man should just stop showing his face everywhere. He should respect himself.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Ilekokonit: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2014

6. “I understand the president tried to make excuses for everyone, but President Jonathan is not too weak to be able to butter his bread and, if necessary, to engage the services of Satan to achieve his self-centered interests on the altar of all else.”

What is Obj trying to cryptically tell us ??
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Ilekokonit: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2014
7. “The longest period that I have met one-on-one with the president was for one hour and ten minutes. That whole time, the president talked about nothing that was in the interest of Nigeria;

Does this mean Nigeria has been on auto-pilot since
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by nellyelitz(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2014
lonelydora:
OBJ is not suppose to say anything about corruption in this country. Kettle calling Pot black. But No. 5 and 7 make small sense shaa.

GEJ till APC fields a credible person.

Nothing much about this FTC. Well, here in Otuoke where I'm schooling, we are yet to see the book.
Hmmm ur own near...me I still dey France
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Wallade(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
django1:
Sincerely what right does OBJ have to criticise any president?

He has the same right that everyone, including you, have.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by chonchoro(m): 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
Baba Iyabo we don hear is just that the book is about a different and not for what the book is captioned for
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
jamace:
GEJ's gut is tormenting the old man. The old man is crying like a baby and complaining to whosoever cares. grin grin I can't believe Obj was a military man like Gen Yakubu Gowon.

Jonathan must have been the most pain in the A$$ for OBJ.... he has moved his complains to text books grin grin grin grin
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by jaycee(f): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
OBJ, why didn't you include stories of when you and Jonathan were close, so much so, you 'installed' him into the position he is today, so you could still be running the affairs of the country until, the 'clueless' president had a clue on your bag of tricks. Funny enough, this clueless man had not come out to say evil things about you. He may be weak but he knows what loyalty means. He never directly attacks those who have brought him to fame. Mr OBJ face your Farm. Iwont vote for Jonathan or who ever come 2015. I don't like the fearful way he has handled the Chibok girls and Boko Haram issue, but please write your book about your own flaws, you also made mistakes, hope you haven't forgotten Odi community so fast.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2014
continentalceo:

You need jesus man!
Sorry, I am not gay.
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by smartleo(m): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2014
dammytosh:
The book will expose a lot of things.

Just that Nigerians are not wise enough to grab message and ignore the messenger.

I don't like El Rufai one bit. I bought his book the Accidental Public Servant and learnt a lot about Power.

The way Obasanjo 'claimed' he handled Atiku is Legendary. A good case of Strategy and being the Boss.

This guy ur head too correct,great words,deep insight from a greatman.I don't mind been ur friend?
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by sucess001(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2014
Amya:
hmmm.

It's only in Nigeria that a president who was openly vindictive and went to war with his perceived enemies will write about Jonathan's squirmishness of his perceived enemies.

He influenced the outcome of an election and made a very sick yaradau our president and he's blaming God knows who for not making yaradau's illness public.

Sharing the story about the non-existent elder statesman about the country being run by those women more than anything painted him as a chauvinist. Little wonder his daughter hates him.

Obasanjo ruled for 8 years and he didn't have any significant achievement in all his years as president, yet he has the mouth to criticise. This is a typical case of a pot calling kettle black!

Bros don't ever say d above again. Under obj...we witnessed d telecoms revolution. Under him, we cleared all over debts, under him, we never had dese security challenges, and under him, big corrupt officials were jailed...like pdp's bode george ...

So pls hate him all u can but don't attempt to rewrite history
Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by nagoma(m): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
"If you, as the President fail in your second term bid, it would be due to several reasons. The first is that PDP has not lived up to its billing despite all the vast resources at its disposal. The money spent since then would have turned a more prudent country into a paradise on earth. But in our own case, the more you look, the less you see. Education has collapsed totally. Infrastructural decay is abysmal. Insecurity is atrocious. Corruption has shot through the roof. It is a long tale of woes."

- Dele Momodu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Eats Buns As She Empowers 1100 Youths And Women In Kwara / Tinubu: A.P.C Group Calls For Adoption Of Ezekiel Afunkoyo As Vice President / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.