Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card (19744 Views)

Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Photo: Fashola Meets With Ambode & All APC Guber Aspirants For Reconciliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by NewNigeriaMind: 11:05am On Dec 10, 2014
londoner:
This is a very good development and is a step closer to irradicating the whole "state of origin"/ indigene/non-indigene" backwardness in Nigeria.

There is value in being resident in a particular place. That is more relevant.

Many places have state I.D's . I have a proof of age card from Western Australia as a state, other states in Australia have their own.

It gives you credible numbers for population, that state govs can work with.

I THINK you need to preach this more to your people, a state ID is not a plot to chase people out of the state.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by NewNigeriaMind: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2014
uzolexis:

It's not a baseless fear at all. If u read the story of the Nigerian civil war u'll understand.
Let me even talk about the one I experienced "oso Abiola" meaning "running cause of Abiola" I was only a child then but I could sense the fear in my family, we had 2 run 2 my hometown cause Lagos became dangerous 4 non-yorubas. It was rumoured that we were going 2 be killed cause d yorubas were angry that Abiola's election was nullified. I remember when we were travelling the roads were very busy cause all igbos were running home out of fear.

Let us pray Nigeria does not degenerate to a state where non indigenes in a state will live in fear everytime their is a political turmoil.

Also it times you start telling your brothers to begin to watch their utterances online, the peace we enjoy now is because all parties made sacrifices to make it so.....NIGERIANS should begin to watch their utterances and love themselves.

I pray you will not have to ran out of the south west again because of political or religious reasons again.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by uzolexis(f): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Let us pray Nigeria does not degenerate to a state where non indigenes in a state will live in fear everytime their is a political turmoil.

Also it times you start telling your brothers to begin to watch their utterances online, the peace we enjoy now is because all parties made sacrifices to make it so.....NIGERIANS should begin to watch their utterances and love themselves.

I pray you will not have to ran out of the south west again because of political or religious reasons again.

the bolded is the most impt. All Nigerians should take care of this irrespective of tribal or religious differences.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Kassidy90(m): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
Well, me no like APC again but dis is a welcome idea with this we can knw how many aliens we have in lagos...in another news Jimi Agbaje next Lagos Governor ....
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by kheart(m): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
hahahaha d chukwus and nnamdis don dey shit for pant oh, bt wait oh re dey sending pple witout d card out of lagos?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by banki(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
please cant we not just use this to vote
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Frenchkiss564: 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
Crispels:

Mumu stay there and don't go and develop your own town, A state with over 100years of traditional leadership,culture,customs and indigenious political structure a no man's land.... Keep living in delusion!!!
lol you didnt get the sarcasm bro, i am merely speaking ironically
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Fellonigerians: 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is good... let us start moving away from the indigene and non-indigene dilenma...

1 Like

Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Youngzedd(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
wristwatch:
My friend in USA told me the importance of resident ID card which I think it's merit is beyond measure.

I hope the objective of d residental ID card is achieved.

This innovation is okay.

Fashola did a gr8 job by introducing this.

Nigerians are adamant to change sha.. Y?

Am telling u lagos is really improving.

So all States should introduce this

There are many things to tackle with money and no this.

Moreover, National Identification Number (NIN) is there, that alone is enough for this Fashola idea.

I have many cards already.

Misplaced Priority.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by sunnyotunsman: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
This man is out of ideas.Is he saying the national id card is invalid in lagos?Anything wey america do na him this man dey copycat.Tommorrow apc govs will say fg is withholding states funds meant for developmental project.Why wont they when they dont utilizes the ones they receives.The contract for the resident card was awarded to his wife or senior son.What a way of stealing public fund.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by simplychic(f): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
Frenchkiss564:
So we will now need a resident card to live in lagos but lagos is no man's land nah

That us the problem i have with your parents and village elders misinforming you when you are embarking on journey to greener pasture "lagos" cis that is your london, the truth is money don't grow on trees in Lagos and it is a Yoruba land, so when you are ready to leave your village remember these two important informations.
Thank me later
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by litaninja(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
Residents card? Really? Needed for budgeting? Really? NIMC registeration? Voters? National ID card? You mean there's still not enough of lagosians' data there?
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by jayonpoint(m): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
Frenchkiss564:
So we will now need a resident card to live in lagos but lagos is no man's land nah
Son of a m**herf**er! If u live in. D desert n eventually find ursef in d city does it mean no1 inhabited it?

U won't b anythin less dan d igbo...home of blockheads n valueless race.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Frenchkiss564: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
simplychic:

That us the problem i have with your parents and village elders misinforming you when you are embarking on journey to greener pasture "lagos" cis that is your london, the truth is money don't grow on trees in Lagos and it is a Yoruba land, so when you are ready to leave your village remember these two important informations.
Thank me later
lol my post was a sacarsm, i was only mocking them Igbos

1 Like

Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Frenchkiss564: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
jayonpoint:

Son of a m**herf**er! If u live in. D desert n eventually find ursef in d city does it mean no1 inhabited it?

U won't b anythin less dan d igbo...home of blockheads n valueless race.
lol my post was a sacarsm, i was only mocking them Igbos,
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by andyanders: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is just a way for our leaders to create official way of stealing money without being noticed.

Same way Sanusi wanted to get his own money through kick-backs by trying to introduce N10,000 naira note.

They always create avenues to officially steal money through cronies that the contract will be given to.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by aresa: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mykcool:
if all these things you mentioned are the reasons then the national I.D. Already covers it. They can get those data from the. Am nt against it tho

1. Your post is a pure case of apple and oranges because they have nothing in common since Lagos state's ID system was designed and tailored specifically for Lagos state to address the needs of the people of Lagos state.

2. Only irresponsible leaders and governments puts their faith, progress, development, hopes and future in a worthless, bankrupt, incompetent and irresponsible FG that so far have stolen and embezzled billions off the same ID system for over 30 years and at the surrendered their failed effort and sold Nigerians off to foreign entity called MasterCard.

3. So, where is the sense and wisdom in Lagos state relying on a worthless and incompetent FG that couldn't do in 30 years after stealing billions common ID system with bio metrics and fingerprint that that the Lagos state government wrapped up in less than 2 years without selling the people of Lagos state to MasterCard..?
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Mykcool(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
aresa:

1. Your post is a pure case of apple and oranges because they have nothing in common since Lagos state's ID system was designed and tailored specifically for Lagos state to address the needs of the people of Lagos state.

2. Only irresponsible leaders and governments puts their faith, progress, development, hopes and future in a worthless, bankrupt, incompetent and irresponsible FG that so far have stolen and embezzled billions off the same ID system for over 30 years and at the surrendered their failed effort and sold Nigerians off to foreign entity called MasterCard.

3. So, where is the sense and wisdom in Lagos state relying on a worthless and incompetent FG that couldn't do in 30 years after stealing billions common ID system with bio metrics and fingerprint that that the Lagos state government wrapped up in less than 2 years without selling the people of Lagos state to MasterCard..?

Ok,
in order to cut cost they would have partnered with the F.G so that they'll have access to the data collected from Lagos alone and issued the i.d in parallel.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Ovamboland(m): 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
simiolu1:

Bros, don't start throwin tribal sentiments around... It's not good for ur health.

People are talking about National Id Card, Voters Card etc. But can some1 answer these lingering questions.

The new National Id Card that people just registered for, when is it going to be out?

The voters card that many Lagosians registered for 4 years ago (including the governor), how many Lagosians have gotten theirs?

Does the use of a State Id card clash with that of a National Id card?

Do the States in this country have access to unfalsified data from the Federal government about residents in the respective states?

Until someone answers these questions, I'll gladly label this as a good move from Fashola

Thank you asking sensible questions, i have read so many dense and daft comments here that i can't but wonder if there is any hope for Nigeria to make it as a nation. I also wonder if our educational system is so bad that it produces so many unthinking literates who lack critical reasoning ability.
Even nowadays a businessman wants to keep tabs on its customers to understand their wants, needs preferences, important days, trends in order to tailor services to match the customer lifestyle. Is it not disheartening that a supposedly educated mind will condemn a whole state for having a chronicle of its residents which can be deployed in physical planning, security, crime fighting, or such things as social security, job data, database for business investment etc.

They are so used to the old failed approach of using false data to produce so many white elephant projects or a policing system yet to evolve from the pre-independence Hausa constabulary established by Royal Niger Company. While smaller countries have records of first time offender it si never so here as hardened criminals are lumped together with fresh ones. The National ID scheme introduced by the federal government dies a natural death when the officials corrupted the system and used the money to finance elections. can anyone tell me where to apply for national ID for people who have turned 18 since 2006 or to replace lost one of for Nigerians outside the country during registration. I was in Texas for 6 months on posting from work and i got the state ID card which i could use to rent an apartment, access government buildings, private offices rather than carrying my international passport around for that purpose. And someone who has gone to school commented here that we are not developed so the ID card is unnecessary. Such a mind is locked in underdevelopment forever.

Just recently INEC announced it could not provide PVC for some registered voters because a section of it's records got corrupted, so they must register. Can you imagine? which means there is no back of the data or any uploading to national registry of records and that is what someone here wants Lagos state to depend on for its planning.

Informed debate would have been questions about the security features of the card, likely uses, safeguarding the data and continuity of registrations, how immigrants to Lagos will secure the card and how long they must stay to become legal residents. But never do wells and those used and comfortable with failure are here making inane comments. It's really a pity
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by aresa: 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mykcool:
Ok,
in order to cut cost they would have partnered with the F.G so that they'll have access to the data collected from Lagos alone and issued the i.d in parallel.

Again, where is the sense and wisdom in partnering with incompetent people with different goals and objectives or the people of Lagos state told you they are interested in your Mastarcard ID scheme?

Is it even by force abi what kind of ridiculous argument is this?
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Mykcool(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
aresa:

Again, where is the sense and wisdom in partnering with incompetent people with different goals and objectives or the people of Lagos state told you they are interested in your Mastarcard ID scheme?

Is it even by force abi what kind of ridiculous argument is this?
U seem not to understand what am trying to say rather you are hell bent on criticizing the government. If really the I.D card is not another scheme to syphon money then I see no reason why a partnership can't be garnered ( we all are always clamoring for the government to be economical) . The data is first collected before it's sent to MasterCard or whoever, same way the data for Lagos state can be filtered from the rest.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by aresa: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mykcool:
U seem not to understand what am trying to say rather you are hell bent on criticizing the government. If really the I.D card is not another scheme to syphon money then I see no reason why a partnership can't be garnered ( we all are always clamoring for the government to be economical) . The data is first collected before it's sent to MasterCard or whoever, same way the data for Lagos state can be filtered from the rest.

If what I need is orange, then why should I partner with you to buy apple?

You are not making any sense..

FG tried to do the same thing for 30 years and awarded and canceled so many contracts and embezzled billions in the process, but Lagos state government did theirs in less than 2 years, but you are telling me Lagos state didn't partner with the same corrupt and incompetent people that looted billions via the same ID scheme and still unable to do themselves because Lagos state government is trying to steal money over what they actually accomplished in less than 2 years.

Sounds like I'm wasting time with you because you really can be this slow, upside down and clueless..
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Mykcool(m): 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
aresa:

If what I need is orange, then why should I partner with you to buy apple?

You are not making any sense..

FG tried to do the same thing for 30 years and awarded and canceled so many contracts and embezzled billions in the process, but Lagos state government did theirs in less than 2 years, but you are telling me Lagos state didn't partner with the same corrupt and incompetent people that looted billions via the same ID scheme and still unable to do themselves because Lagos state government is trying to steal money over what they actually accomplished in less than 2 years.

Sounds like I'm wasting time with you because you really can be this slow, upside down and clueless..
is it hard for you to make ur point without insults?? It's an argument o!! Ur meant to convince me with points, do u expect me to just accept ur point Without you giving convincing reasons?? If I should just accept whatever you say then u should conclude that I'm gonna be easy to brainwash....Have u attended debates before? And I dnt mean the silly ones that people resort to insults to prove a point. I guess I've been arguing with the wrong person..
* wen would people learn to argue without insults*
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by aresa: 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mykcool:
is it hard for you to make ur point without insults?? It's an argument o!! Ur meant to convince me with points, do u expect me to just accept ur point Without you giving convincing reasons?? If I should just accept whatever you say then u should conclude that I'm gonna be easy to brainwash....Have u attended debates before? And I dnt mean the silly ones that people resort to insults to prove a point. I guess I've been arguing with the wrong person..
* wen would people learn to argue without insults*

1. Why should any sane and responsible government partner with this incompetent FG to do something that they looted billions for and still couldn't do in 30 years and what a lot of states have done and completed in less than 2 years..?

2. You still haven't told us that the Lagos state government was interested in Mastarcard like the FG.

What your corrupt mentality is saying is, the FG that looted ID scheme money for 30 years and still couldn't do it should be partnered with while Lagos state government that finished theirs in less than 2 years are the ones trying to steal money? I really don't have to insult you because you are insulting yourself with your shallow, corrupt and illogical argument...

I really don't have to insult you because you are insulting yourself with your shallow, corrupt and illogical argument...

When you need something done, do you go to people who are incompetent and unable to do what you are trying to do?
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Mykcool(m): 10:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
aresa:

1. Why should any sane and responsible government partner with this incompetent FG to do something that they looted billions for and still couldn't do in 30 years what a lot of states have done and completed in less than 2 years..?

2. You still haven't told us that the Lagos state government was interested in Mastarcard like the FG.

What your corrupt mentality is saying is, the FG that looted ID scheme money for 30 years and still couldn't do it should be partnered with, but that Lagos state government that finished theirs in less than 2 years are the ones trying to steal money?

When you need something done, do you go to people who are incompetent and unable to do what you are trying to do?

I really don't have to insult you because you are insulting yourself with your shallow, corrupt and illogical argument...

my dear, I can't remember taking sides, and if ur talking of shallow read what you typed again. U dnt even seem to get the simple logic, data is being collected by and organizations which would be forwarded to the FG to be used or discarded, it can be collected by the Lagos state government from the organization for those in Lagos alone simple, shuo, how I wan take explain am pass. And Lagos state might not need to spend a dime because the FG would be paying the bill, all they have to do is monitor the process in Lagos alone.
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by aresa: 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mykcool:
my dear, I can't remember taking sides, and if ur talking of shallow read what you typed again. U dnt even seem to get the simple logic, data is being collected by and organizations which would be forwarded to the FG to be used or discarded, it can be collected by the Lagos state government from the organization for those in Lagos alone simple, shuo, how I wan take explain am pass. And Lagos state might not need to spend a dime because the FG would be paying the bill, all they have to do is monitor the process in Lagos alone.

Where is the logic in partnering with a worthless and incompetent FG that looted money for the same ID for 30 years and still couldn't do it?

Are you telling me that you as a sensible and right thinking human being you are willing to partner with people who don't know how to do what you want done and have embezzled everything budgeted for the same thing for 30 years?

Is this how you run your own life and affairs?

Where is the logic in partnering to get apple when all you are looking for is orange?

Is it your understanding that Lagos state government set out to do MasterCard ID?

You are still not making any sense?

Why not answer the above questions before boring me with your next post
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by simiolu1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mykcool:

I asked a question up there which no one has answered and I'l ask you.

Can LASG rest assured that they would have access to UNFALSIFIED data from the FG if a FG agency is in charge of data collection for both d State & d FG?

And if you think the FG can't or won't falsify data, kindly think about the last census.

I hope you remember that during the census, LASG conducted it's own census (data collection battle) & after d census, d FG claimed that Kano was more populated than Lagos (due to the data they had) while LASG claimed d population of Lagos was more than the figure the FG came up with.

I guess if the whole system was transparent, collaboration would have been an excellent idea but d system is not. Lest not forget that LASG and FG have been at loggerheads since 1999
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Mykcool(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
simiolu1:

I asked a question up there which no one has answered and I'l ask you.

Can LASG rest assured that they would have access to UNFALSIFIED data from the FG if a FG agency is in charge of data collection for both d State & d FG?

And if you think the FG can't or won't falsify data, kindly think about the last census.

I hope you remember that during the census, LASG conducted it's own census (data collection battle) & after d census, d FG claimed that Kano was more populated than Lagos (due to the data they had) while LASG claimed d population of Lagos was more than the figure the FG came up with.

I guess if the whole system was transparent, collaboration would have been an excellent idea but d system is not. Lest not forget that LASG and FG have been at loggerheads since 1999
thanks for your understanding, that's why I said they should also endeavor to monitor the process, if they deem it unfit then they can take their own action
Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by Wallie(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Why a state issued ID?

1. To know the number of residents in Lagos.
2. To know the population of each local government area.
3. To know which area to focus development (schools, roads, hospitals, power, etc).
4. To know those using the benefits of the state so that they can be taxed.
5. To know those coming to reside in the state and those leaving.

Further, each state has the sole responsibility of governing within its borders not the federal government. The federal government can keep its own set of data for its own purposes but that has nothing to really do with why a particular state would want to know who lives within its own borders.

In the United States, which is a federal republic like Nigeria, every single state has its own resident state ID in addition to the federally granted social security number and passport. The federal government of Nigeria is more concerned about Nigerians and their State of birth. It will be almost impossible for the Federal government to keep up with people moving across state lines to reside in a different state. A state on the other hand can require its resident to get a state issued ID card before using its services. After all, the services where meant for just residents of the state alone and nobody else.

Great development by Fashola!

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card by simiolu1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
Mykcool:
thanks for your understanding, that's why I said they should also endeavor to monitor the process, if they deem it unfit then they can take their own action
To monitor a project that big to make sure the data you're provided with is almost equal to collecting the data yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA, PDP Supporters Clash In Abia Over Results, APGA Rejects Results. / Boko Haram Attacks Ghumbili, Adamawa, Kills Scores, Destroys 60 Houses / Nigerian Workers, NLC Demand 50 Per Cent Salary Increase Over Biting Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.