Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. (20864 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / Pronto: What Is The Police Emergency Number In Nigeria? / Nigeria’s Emergency Number 7411 Goes Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by efilefun(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
happydays1:
We make so much criticism about our goverment, but fail to look at brighter sides where things are working, but were formally moriburn. Last weekend, while relaxing in my flat, I suddenly heard people screaming, "fire! fire! fire". I looked out of my window I saw fire gushing out of a two storey's roof. Trust lagos boys na, they started fetching water to quench the fire, but they complain that the particular flat was electric shocking. I reach out to my phone and dialed 112 emergency number, in secounds a lady picked up the call, i gave her my story, fire! she collected my details; name, address, i gave her. she now asked of the address of the resident on fire, I gave her. Would you believe in about 15 minutes fire fighters arrived with their siren blasting, and assisted in quenching the already spreading fire. I was like wow! in this country?

Bro na iba housing estate be this right?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by saint047(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
shocked

Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by tabuski(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
WHAT A GOOD ENGLISH "I was like wow! in this country?" cheesy
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by uduokirika1(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
If I had not witnessed this rapid response by our fire fighters i would've thought otherwise. Some months back when a Petrol Tanker went up into flames on top the newly constructed Nkpor fly-over(bridge) @ Onitsha in less than 15mins the fire fighters were there and helped prevent spill over effects of the inferno.

The truth of the matter is that most Nigerians don't believe any thing still works in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!

And it is very baaaad!!!!!!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by eduxerxes: 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Does 112 apply to other states or is it only.........Lagos?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
happydays1:
We make so much criticism about our goverment, but fail to look at brighter sides where things are working, but were formally moriburn. Last weekend, while relaxing in my flat, I suddenly heard people screaming, "fire! fire! fire". I looked out of my window I saw fire gushing out of a two storey's roof. Trust lagos boys na, they started fetching water to quench the fire, but they complain that the particular flat was electric shocking. I reach out to my phone and dialed 112 emergency number, in secounds a lady picked up the call, i gave her my story, fire! she collected my details; name, address, i gave her. she now asked of the address of the resident on fire, I gave her. Would you believe in about 15 minutes fire fighters arrived with their siren blasting, and assisted in quenching the already spreading fire. I was like wow! in this country?

Only in Lagos my dear, only in Lagos. Where they try to do thing well.
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
OP point of correction, na Lagos State you dey. Come warri con call fire fighters abi one person go answer you angry
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by mfm04622: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
simplemach:
Well kudos to them, but the fire service here in KD, once they sight smoke, they'll start coming at once.

You want to compare the size of Kaduna to Lagos? From where will they stay and see smoke in Lagos? There will be many false alarm
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by TonySpike: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

why make a mockery of yourself
Is there anything like federal fire service

You are either blinded by bigotry or ignorant of the reality of this country
Fire services are been controlled by the state arms of the federal government
Dont involve politics in everything

Dude are you sure Federal Fire Service is not existing?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by naijareferee: 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
TonySpike:

Dude are you sure Federal Fire Service is not existing?

As a different unit in one state.....no
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by experimentist: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Good. But how are you sure it was your emergency call that made it happen? You know it is possible some other person may have called the fire service directly. The only way you could have verified was to ask the fire people
SHut up fOol! Lagos is working you're talking nonsense!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by naijareferee: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
calculusx:

How old are you?

http://www.fedfire.altramarng.com/

Ok oldie
so u are showing me a uconnect directory to federal fire service
Ok
even if am to take your nonsense
is kano sate fire service supposed to control a fire service in the federal capital
U must be joking
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Eluala(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
I experienced the same thing in Port Harcourt some months back. In fact, I marveled at the professionalism on display on that occasion. My only issue was that they had to travel a long distance from mile3 to Elimgbu. I wish a functional center was located within say a 30 mile radius. In any case they brought the fire under control and prevented what would have been a major disaster had the fire spread from the originating flat to the entire building.

Rivers State made a million step advancement under Amechi but a lot still needs to be done in the area of changing the mental state of the citizens.

My fear is that the current PDP gubernatorial aspirant does not share in such urbane and modern day views about how to run things. He will definitely take Rivers back to the days when thuggery and gangstarism ruled. Modern and decent men and women should be really concerned. I hope the polls of next year will reflect these sentiments?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Pamcrest(f): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
moscobabs:
Fashola deserves to be President

not that clueless GEJ!!!

Am with you. BRF for President.....let him show those yeye rulers how to lead n work!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by gpowers: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2014
Kudos to our firefighters!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by luvola(m): 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Op is a serial liar. I live in jakande and this was the same place three children died as a result of fire outbreak.. We called the fire service and they came after 1hour when the three children died and the house was completely razed... The block shown by The op is 73A besides block 55 that was razed by fire in Amuwo odofin jakande estate .. God punish this Op for propaganda of Apc ..

The second block the mumu Op depicted was the next block beside the building that got burned...I challenge the op ... liar

Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Gboliwe: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
condralbede:
They arrived within 15 minutes with all the traffic in Kaduna??

Is that what you processed from the post? Continue!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by calculusx(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

Ok oldie
so u are showing me a uconnect directory to federal fire service
Ok
even if am to take your nonsense
is kano sate fire service supposed to control a fire service in the federal capital
U must be joking

This will be my last response to you. You said FFS never existed ( I suspect you are born in late 90s). FFS exist in every state but they are not fully operational. They are as good as dead. Did you check the website up there?

If you are in Lagos I can tell you places you can find them in Lagos( Clegg in Ojuelegba, Under bridge in Anthony, one is opposite military barracks in Odongunya Ikorodu and many more) Think before you make comment online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by happydays1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2014
luvola:
The Op is a serial liar. I live in jakande and this was the same place three children died as a result of fire outbreak.. We called the fire service and they came after 1hour when the three children died and the house was completely razed... The block shown by The op is 73A besides block 55 that was razed by fire in Amuwo odofin jakande estate .. God punish this Op for propaganda of Apc ..
pls mind the way you make comments. The block shown is in Iba estate not Amuwo. Be guided!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
simplemach:
Well kudos to them, but the fire service here in KD, once they sight smoke, they'll start coming at once.
Bros Abeg wetin be the meaning of KD?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by luvola(m): 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
happydays1:

pls mind the way you make comments. The block shown is in Iba estate not Amuwo. Be guided!
No evidence it in iba . Also , take a look at the second building on the right hand side , you will noticed It similar to the picture the op uploadef
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Kabikala(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
happydays1:

Can you kindly mention where this event happened?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by naijareferee: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
calculusx:

This will be my last response to you. You said FFS never existed ( I suspect you are born in late 90s). FFS exist in every state but they are not fully operational. They are as good as dead. Did you check the website up there?

If you are in Lagos I can tell you places you can find them in Lagos( Clegg in Ojuelegba, Under bridge in Anthony, one is opposite military barracks in Odongunya Ikorodu and many more) Think before you make comment online.

i wonder your obsession with age, i agree....you are the grand pa

But i mentain every state is responsible for its fire service. i stand to be corrected but not by you without facts. shalom
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
APC is working.
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by calculusx(m): 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

Is there anything like federal fire service

naijareferee:

i wonder your obsession with age, i agree....you are the grand pa
But i mentain every state is responsible for its fire service. i stand to be corrected but not by you without facts. shalom

Whether states are responsible or not, I hope i have answered the above question you raised whether FFS existed or not. Datz all
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by naijareferee: 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
calculusx:

calculusx:

Whether states are responsible or not, I hope i have answered the above question you raised whether FFS existed or not. Datz all

i tot u would act based on the bold letters... but here u are

Any way nice job by lagos state fire service
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by initiate: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
which area of lagos did this happen?
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by calculusx(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
naijareferee:

i tot u would act based on the bold letters... but here u are
Any way nice job by lagos state fire service

This guy no dey gree grin grin Anyway thank me for enlighten you
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by simplemach(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
famuyiwa07:

Bros Abeg wetin be the meaning of KD?
kaduna
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Esdb(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
happydays1:

Nigerians have suffered so much mild suffering seems like luxury to them. In 15 minutes do you know the things that could have been burnt. In America 5minutes is the response time infact some times earlier than that so what the Bleep are you saying!!!
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by Patented: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
ABEG THE EMERGENCY NUMBER IS 121 OR 767 OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! NOT 112 AND NA FOR LAGOS ONLY
Re: My Experience With 112 Emergency Number. by idrisprogress: 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
That is a plus to Nigeria, thank God ooooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Signs That You Are Completely Addicted To Your Phone / This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. / How Data Price War Hurts Telecoms Service Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.