Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate (7451 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by tit(f): 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
emiye:
a Fashola candidacy, i think will secure at least 60% of the votes of SW.

In my estimation performance across zones with Buhari/Fashola should produce a conservative performance like SW- 60% , NW- 85% , NE - 75% , SS- 20% SE-10%, NC- 55%

buhari has run with a very popular yoruba politician - bakare, and got less than 5% of SW votes.
with Tinubu or Fashola as running mate he wont do better than that.
SW people are not mugu.
VP is just a spare tyre.
Except we thinks Buhari is going to die in 2015!
(He is about 85 years old now and as strong as Mugabe)
then fulani people will cry again!
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Blackfire(m): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
tinubu will decide,this is where he play his game
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by sunkoye: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
emiye:
a Fashola candidacy, i think will secure at least 60% of the votes of SW.

In my estimation performance across zones with Buhari/Fashola should produce a conservative performance like SW- 60% , NW- 85% , NE - 75% , SS- 20% SE-10%, NC- 55%
bros with or without Fashola...Tinubu will deliver SW. Buhari, kwankwaso and Atiku will sure deliver the north east and west. Middlebelt is PDP heritage. We need a VP that can cause a pretty disturbance in SE and SS.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
PervyByNature:
Owelle Anayo Rochas Okorocha

You think the unforgiving Buhari will pick Rochas as running mate?

A man who rightly questioned the suitability of his age even in front of him?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by otokx(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
Amaechi
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 9:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
sunkoye:
bros with or without Fashola...Tinubu will deliver SW. Buhari, kwankwaso and Atiku will sure deliver the north east and west. Middlebelt is PDP heritage. We need a VP that can cause a pretty disturbance in SE and SS.

Make no mistake, Fashola has a greater goodwill from electorates than the ability of "Tinubu will deliver SW". Tinubu will deliver SW can be grossly overrated.

In my opinion, Oshiomole & Amaechi as APC governors can provide enough disturbance in SS, same with Rochas & Ngige in the SE
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
tit:

buhari has run with a very popular yoruba politician - bakare, and got less than 5% of SW votes.
with Tinubu or Fashola as running mate he wont do better than that.
SW people are not mugu.
VP is just a spare tyre.
Except we thinks Buhari is going to die in 2015!
(He is about 85 years old now and as strong as Mugabe)
then fulani people will cry again!

Bakare was not a very popular politician, he was a controversial pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
mikeansy:

You think the unforgiving Buhari will pick Rochas as running mate?

A man who rightly questioned the suitability of his age even in front of him?
its all politics bro..
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Elparaiso(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
agabusta:
Rochas! or Oshiomole
If you are from Edo state you would never think of thinking about putting Oshiomole as VP....
Ordinary bursary e no fit give.
Okorocha all the way
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Curlieweed: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
You people forgot some professionals like:

Basket Mouth
Klint De Drunk
I Go Die
Alibaba
Bovi

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by tit(f): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
emiye:

Bakare was not a very popular politician, he was a controversial pastor.

i will see what adjectives you shall use to qualify Buhari's 2015 running mate.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
tit:

i will see what adjectives you shall use to qualify Buhari's 2015 running mate.

the truth you cant deny is Buharis running mate in 2011 was not a politician.

Bakare is a yoruba man from Kwara state, who had no political base. He was selected on his strength in the 2010 SNG co-ordination and maybe religious affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Yeske2(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
Oby or Pat should be ok
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2014
A Yoruba Vice Presidential Candidate for Buhari may not be strategic because he already has votes assured here.

It is in the SouthSouth and SouthEast that he lacks support.

I am confident that Rotimi Amaechi would be Buhari 's running mate.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by raumdeuter: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
maclatunji:
A Yoruba Vice Presidential Candidate for Buhari may not be strategic because he already has votes assured here.

It would be foolishh of APC to leave his strong regions and pick a VP that cant even deliver his home state.

Its about winning votes and election not an appeal for ppl to like you.

WHat is Yorubas ppl stake in the election if he doesnt pick anyone of them
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by stelaar(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
BRF
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Flets: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
Shekau nko?

Every one wants this terrorism sorted abi? Their working relationship is cordial.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Krucifax(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Buhari faces the age old Nigerian political conundrum of finding a peace and balance ensuring candidate. Nigeria whether you like to admit it or not is drawn across ethnic and religious lines and this cuts across politics as well. This means as a default he should pick someone who is preferably a non-northerner and non-muslim. However doing this would immediately reduce his chances simply because there are not many candidates that fill that bracket. The second problem Buhari has is that GEJ has an unmatchable war chest in funds to fight and possibly rig the elections.

Whilst many people are tired of a GEJ presidency and would like change many more are sceptical about Buhari's alleged religious inclinations. This is however buttressed by the genuine belief held by many Nigerians that Buhari is an honest man and on paper would be a better leader but tribe and religion still comes into peoples head. In my opinion Buhari's only realistic chance lies in picking Fashola. Let me explain.

Fashola: Has enormous political capital(good will, pedigree, etc). He will pull the majority SW votes not just on tribal grounds but because of his acclaimed good works in Lagos. It is known world wide that he is an effective leader. He will pull many SE votes on account of good will and trust due to the Lagos experience. Although he is a muslim,many non-muslims will cast a Buhari vote on account of Fashola's inclusion,because when you think of Fashola you think "effective leader". When you think of Buhari you think "honest muslim leader".

If all else fails he should still pick Fashola on a Mathematical basis. Of the whole Nigerian population Hausas are 21%,Yorubas are 21%,Igbos are 18%,Fulani are 11% =71%. The remaining 29% accounts for other tribes.

Considering Buhari will pull majority Hausa votes, and majority Yoruba votes(caveat with Fashola) and the fact that there will be other votes,he will stand a realistic chance of unseating GEJ. Also bear in mind that APC rules powerful states like Lagos and Cross River and a good number of the SW states.

May the best man win.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by chamboy(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
For Oby like here

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by chamboy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
For Rochas like

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
maclatunji:
A Yoruba Vice Presidential Candidate for Buhari may not be strategic because[b] he already has votes assured here. [/b]

What is giving you that assurance ? i can bet without a sw vp, Buhari will barely get 40% of votes in SW.
The SS has the party chairmanship position, moreover, the SS already has a presidential candidate in the PDP, the motivation of voting a VP candidate in APC can not be high.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
VP should be Fashola or a popular SW politician. Those shouting Oby,Pat Utomi and co, why should they be VP? How many votes can Oby garner? How can she mobilise her people that has vowed to swim and sink with Jonathan and PDP? Who is Utomi politically? What are his political structures? The SW votes will be the decider in 2015, a Fashola or a popular SW politician is my choice. Any day, Anytime
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by chamboy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2014
barcanista:
VP should be Fashola or a popular SW politician. Those shouting Oby,Pat Utomi and co, why should they be VP? How many votes can Oby garner? How can she mobilise her people that has vowed to swim and sink with Jonathan and PDP? Who is Utomi politically? What are his political structures? The SW votes will be the decider in 2015, a Fashola or a popular SW politician is my choice. Any day, Anytime
S/W dont care whoever is vp .... all we want is good governance

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
chamboy:
S/W dont care whoever is vp .... all we want is governance
SW can be very tricky when it comes to election, in fact, Buhari shouldn't make the mistake of 2003 and 2007
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
rochas okorocha or pat utomi. fashola is a muslim and Buhari has made it know (inner circle info) that he obviously wants a christian as running mate.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by trotsky2: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
I think tinubu has the right to decide
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by mumu9gerian: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
All i want is Babi ni Governor
GMB/BRF is the killer combination
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by agabusta: 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Elparaiso:

If you are from Edo state you would never think of thinking about putting Oshiomole as VP....
Ordinary bursary e no fit give.
Okorocha all the way

Really? I thought the guy is performing.

Well, I gbadun Okorocha too. Let's go there!
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by ASL33: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
Anybody that is his running mate will finish the 4 years tenure. Another Goodluck jonathan scenerior about to happen.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by emiye(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
In the last 5-6 years , a whopping 11 African Presidents have died in office , countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea bissau,....e.t,c bears testimony to that What this connotes is that by virue of Nigeria's constitution, in the death of the sitting President, the VP takes over whoever emerges as a VP is very very important. The VP position can not be toiled with.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Bola4mi(f): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
Rochas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SERAP Asks Court To Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje Over Alleged Bribery / Nigeria Signs Cultural Property Implementation Act Agreement With USA / See This Election Results From Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.