Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate (7458 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by dustydee: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
According to channel TV, four people are being considered: one former Attorney General (can't remember his name), Adams Oshiomole, Rotimi Amaechi and Babatunde Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
The official short list comprises Amaechi, Fashola, Oshiomhole, and Yemi Osinbajo.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
raumdeuter:

It would be foolishh of APC to leave his strong regions and pick a VP that cant even deliver his home state.

Its about winning votes and election not an appeal for ppl to like you.

WHat is Yorubas ppl stake in the election if he doesnt pick anyone of them

A better governed country is our stake.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Bola4mi(f): 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Rochas
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by oladele97: 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Okorocha already out but I think is going to be Ameachi
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by chamboy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
barcanista:
SW can be very tricky when it comes to election, in fact, Buhari shouldn't make the mistake of 2003 and 2007
true.... dnt forget sw are less tribalist
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by roqrules04(m): 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
B:Bring
U:Us
H:Hope
A:And
R:Restore our
I:Integrity
VOTE #BUHARI#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Change2015(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
BR Fashola is my choice.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by chamboy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
dustydee:
According to channel TV, four people are being considered: one former Attorney General (can't remember his name), Adams Oshiomole, Rotimi Amaechi and Babatunde Fashola.
den it's BRF
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by hayzed14(m): 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Madam Oby Ezekwesili first female vice president are u guys kidding me ,this will be the greatest thing that will ever happen to Nigerian democracy

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 12, 2014
hayzed14:
Madam Oby Ezekwesili first female vice president are u guys kidding me ,this will be the greatest thing that will ever happen to Nigerian democracy
Unfortunately, she's not on the shortlist. However, she may be a minister or SSG in a Buhari administration.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by rattlesnake(m): 12:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Change2015:
BR Fashola is my choice.
Muslim - Muslim ticket
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Etruth: 12:17am On Dec 12, 2014
tit:

[s]buhari has run with a very popular yoruba politician - bakare, and got less than 5% of SW votes.
with Tinubu or Fashola as running mate he wont do better than that.
SW people are not mugu.
VP is just a spare tyre.
Except we thinks Buhari is going to die in 2015!
(He is about 85 years old now and as strong as Mugabe)
then fulani people will cry again![/s]
TRASH!!! A confirmed TANjaweed suggesting for APC !!! Get Looooooooosssssssttttttttt. Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Etruth: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2014
sunkoye:
bros with or without Fashola...Tinubu will deliver SW. Buhari, kwankwaso and Atiku will sure deliver the north east and west. Middlebelt is PDP heritage. We need a VP that can cause a pretty disturbance in SE and SS.
Fashola or Oby
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Etruth: 12:24am On Dec 12, 2014
maclatunji:
A Yoruba Vice Presidential Candidate for Buhari may not be strategic because he already has votes assured here.

It is in the SouthSouth and SouthEast that he lacks support.

I am confident that Rotimi Amaechi would be Buhari 's running mate.
You really think South Souuth will give up the presidency for v.p? I don't think so. Oby wld be perfect, especially if militant grassroot campaign will be embarked on. 1. Buhari/Oby ticket will put paid to the false rumour of islamisation 2. Sizeable votes from women and some SEners. 3. Solid track record of competence in public office.. Amaechi should head for Senate Or House of Reps (speaker)
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by tit(f): 12:24am On Dec 12, 2014
emiye:
In the last 5-6 years , a whopping 11 African Presidents have died in office , countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea bissau,....e.t,c bears testimony to that What this connotes is that by virue of Nigeria's constitution, in the death of the sitting President, the VP takes over whoever emerges as a VP is very very important. The VP position can not be toiled with.

thank you my sister.
this is the game.
i hope fulani people do not swallow this bait.
this will be check by tinubu.
he would have supported their faithful master the fulani in their bid for nigerian presidency
and at the same time, the presidency would be suddenly in the lap of the yorubass.
please let us all yorubass support them.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by mumumugu(m): 12:24am On Dec 12, 2014
Pick Jona as runnning mate
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 12, 2014
Anyone that actually votes PDP because APC presented 2 Muslim Candidates and hence believes they are an Islamist party must have already had that belief and hatred in his heart and hence was never Gonna vote for APC either way.

Reasonable people dont go around asking 'Hey is APC VP candidate a Christian?, NO? Well HEll no i Aint voting for them' Its just an excuse that they need to cover their petty ass bigotry.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by lacasa: 12:38am On Dec 12, 2014
The best option will have to be Rotimi Amaechi.

Especially with the circumstances in effect.

APC will have to make inn roads into the South-South which is GEJ's home. The plan has to be to go all guns blazing, and taking the charge right through GEJ's doorstep.

The PDP primaries in the SS has largely caused disaffection btw powerful blocs in the ruling party n ds angle has to be exploited to the full.

Amaechi has the popular support and the financial capital to ddo a lot of damage to the PDP in the SS.

Particularly, the North west and North East r goin the Buhari way.

Nnorth Central will be down the middle.

The South-West is tricky, without a yoruba man on the ballot, Tinubu will av to work on his capital base n make sure the people r on the same wave length as he is annd make sure APC get absolute majority.

The South-West must be with the ApC and an understanding must come to play, where Fashola will be presented the flag after Buhari ends his tenure.

The South West must be zoned the Presidency after Buhari. This will bring the balance n the best path to take for the APC, all things considered
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by tit(f): 12:44am On Dec 12, 2014
lacasa:

... where Fashola will be presented the flag after Buhari ends his tenure.

the winch has cried in the night
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by desto4naija(m): 12:50am On Dec 12, 2014
What is a man older than d country looking for biko.. #Okbye

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by lacasa: 12:50am On Dec 12, 2014
tit:

the winch has cried in the night

R u the ''winch''
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by tit(f): 1:15am On Dec 12, 2014
lacasa:

R u the ''winch''

Egbon,
aaaaah!
E mi ke?
no spoil market for me yooo.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by CyberWolf: 1:56am On Dec 12, 2014
I heard one prof. Osinbajo has been annointed..
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Hamintab: 2:15am On Dec 12, 2014
CyberWolf:
I heard one prof. Osinbajo has been annointed..

I haven't really heard of that name in the political sphere before. APC needs some one with a strong political goodwill and a bright chance of wining an election if asked to contest. Not just anybody. Sambo is a strong politician on his own that as a strong political structure in the North. GEJ was a Politician to recon with when he was made the running mate to Yar Adua. Likewise, Atiku to Obasanjo.

If Buhari had a strong politician as his running mate in 2011, he would have gotten more than 12 million Votes. But no one knew Bakare then. The same goes for Ribadu, no one new Fola Adeola then.

How many people knows Prof Osibanjo. Is he coming with any political goodwill?. Can he win an election or pull reasonable votes if asked to contest alone?.

APC cant afford to get it wrong.Choose someone the people already know!

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 12, 2014
anyone who runs with Buhari will live with the baggage forever

If fashola run with him his judgement will be question forever
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Change2015(m): 3:17am On Dec 12, 2014
rattlesnake:
Muslim - Muslim ticket

That is a reflection of your thinking! I see the team as integrity and competence combined. And I really do not care if they are all pagans.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Odutodaiwa: 3:31am On Dec 12, 2014
Hamintab:

I haven't really heard of that name in the political sphere before. APC needs some one with a strong political goodwill and a bright chance of wining an election if asked to contest. Not just anybody. Sambo is a strong politician on his own that as a strong political structure in the North. GEJ was a Politician to recon with when he was made the running mate to Yar Adua. Likewise, Atiku to Obasanjo.

If Buhari had a strong politician as his running mate in 2011, he would have gotten more than 12 million Votes. But no one knew Bakare then. The same goes for Ribadu, no one new Fola Adeola then.

How many people knows Prof Osibanjo. Is he coming with any political goodwill?. Can he win an election or pull reasonable votes if asked to contest alone?.

APC cant afford to get it wrong.Choose someone the people already know!

My brother, how much of Fashola did you know before he was anointed in 2007. Prof Yemi Osinbajo is a highly cerebral man. He is Fashola's senior in the legal profession. Just read about him on google. Nigerians will not be disappointed in this man I can bet all i have on Prof Yemi Osinbajo. All it takes is for Fashola to throw his weight behind him. I have been waiting patiently all night to hear who will be GMB's running mate and if this news is true then my day is made. I prefer Prof. 1million times to Fashola. Fashola is not bad, don't get me wrong but for preference, it is Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Applaner: 4:07am On Dec 12, 2014
nna me nah.
Y is my name not there?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by kolemm: 4:26am On Dec 12, 2014
Oshiomole is out of it, that I know. Yemi Osinbajo can neither draw crowd in SW like Fashola will, nor draw crowd in SS like Amaechi.

RA looks more like it as the Yorubas will likely embrace ROTIMI while the South - AMAECHI.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Elparaiso(m): 6:03am On Dec 12, 2014
agabusta:

Really? I thought the guy is performing.

Well, I gbadun Okorocha too. Let's go there!
The guy too stingy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Jang: Nigeria Can Only Be Restructured When I'm President / Assets Declaration Charge: I Didn’t Confess To Any Crime, Says Onnoghen / President Elect Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu GCFR Being Mobbed In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.