Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians (51325 Views)

Preparation Of Delicious Irresistable Moi Moi For Events / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Which Is The Most Consumed Foods In Nigeria: Garri, Bread Or Rice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

Ngwa, bia ka'n puor...

Did I get that correctly?
Sort of ,though you're asking a learner too. grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dymondgurl:
lol, sure. Bt most of the time, am nt patient enuf to fry 'em, so into my mouth dey go.
Funny you...hope u don't eat spiders?
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

I don't know what I enjoy about it, but I love eating it... It's crunchy.. And then when you add salt, it's just hmmmm.... *can't explain the feeling*
ewwwww! Dunno why you guys are so strange tho.come let me take you out so i can buy you some beefs i don't like you taking that unhealthy stuff.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dreyl:
ewwwww! Dunno why you guys are so strange tho.come let me take you out so i can buy you some beefs i don't like you taking that unhealthy stuff.

OK baby.... I'd be there in a bit...
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
dre11:
You mean say people they chop this

Stop it bro

This is what I called POVERTY
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Qaisar1: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
flexing11:

were i,,,, pl,,,,,mout,,,, are de,,,, selli,,,,g palm weevil,

along plymouth and sapele road too
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Sort of ,though you're asking a learner too. grin

ooh!! angry LEARNER angry
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

ooh!! angry LEARNER angry
Aha! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dymondgurl(f): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mayor21:

Funny you...hope u don't eat spiders?
ok, now that's psychopatic, who does that? Those eight-legged creeps! Chisos forbid
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by ademijuwonlo(f): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2014
Have eaten yam beetle before,not once but a lot especially when i was very young.yam beetle is prepared by roasting. The whitish inner part is yummy. Am a yoruba lady, and my mom who is also Yoruba (ijesha) taught me how to eat it .The ijeshas called it ogidimo. hawkers sell yam beetle and chant "ogidimo laja agbo ile-ife" to people as a way of advertising the beetle for people to buy. my mom told me yam beetles are seen under the plant use for mat weaving in her place. I love winged termite cos its delicious & rich in protein. But ve Neva tasted grasshopper.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Deiok(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mehn, we use to flex those termite way back, early morning delicacy.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dymondgurl:
ok, now that's psychopatic, who does that? Those eight-legged creeps! Chisos forbid
I do..lol, i eat the ones with 16 legs.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dymondgurl(f): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mayor21:

I do..lol, i eat the ones with 16 legs.
ok, what specie is that one?
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by luvlife007: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
I eat no 2 wit pride
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
grin cheesy
bovamm:
consciously or unconsciously?
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Onwe101(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
The second picture looks like that insect that comes during raining season. Those days, people leave their buckets of water outside only to find d insects inside which will later be fried grin grin grin
SHINGEH
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
We eat the winged termites where I come from,its very tasy especially combined with onions & fresh pepper.And its a rich source of protein grin.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dymondgurl:
ok, what specie is that one?
I was just saying.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 13, 2014
dre11:
You mean say people they chop this

This is what I called POVERTY
did you say POVERTY?? Shhhh..... Dont let anybody hear you....... Its mostly people with fat wallets that can afford this palm weevil..... a thin stick of barely 8 palm weevils is damn expensive..... More expensive than roasted chicken.....
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2014
kika23:

OK baby.... I'd be there in a bit...
Goodmorning bae
alright make sure you wear any sexy bustier i will be waiting for you please be fast abourit? smiley
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Mimipauls1(f): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2014
Na wah oo! I no dey chop. Make una chop only una
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dreyl:
Goodmorning bae
alright make sure you wear any sexy bustier i will be waiting for you please be fast abourit? smiley

kiss kiss
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by martin92(m): 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
lol
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
kika23:

kiss kiss
where have you been sweet
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dreyl:
where have you been sweet

I'm so sorry darling, I went offline. I'm back now though....
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
kika23:

I'm so sorry darling, I went offline. I'm back now though....
cool.. i hope all is well tho,have missed you since you went off.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dreyl:
cool.. i hope all is well tho,have missed you since you went off.

I missed you too... All is well..
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 10:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
kika23:

I missed you too... All is well..
alright . It's time to take a nap,i'm already dog tired of todays work,i will talk to ya 2mao..goodnite and sweet dreams smileywink
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dreyl:
alright . It's time to take a nap,i'm already dog tired of todays work,i will talk to ya 2mao..goodnite and sweet dreams smileywink

Alright sweets... Goodnight... Sleep good.. smiley
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kingsarch2000: 7:57pm On May 01, 2015
In the bible, John the baptism feed on locusts and honey.
ifeoluwa237:
Jesus Christ man pikin dey chop insect

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Fixryte(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ninapha:
1- Ebe ji 2- Eruru ngwo 3- Aku 4- ukpara, nbuzu na ukpara uhurube ma obukwanu ololo na asusu owerre.
All delicious recipes from grand ma in those days.

ur head dey there !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Fixryte(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Meat Pie A Content Creator Bought In Ibadan - Photo / How Many Of These Fruits Have You Eaten? (photos) / Have You Seen The New Whatsapp Wheat ?? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.