Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians (51239 Views)

Preparation Of Delicious Irresistable Moi Moi For Events / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Which Is The Most Consumed Foods In Nigeria: Garri, Bread Or Rice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
Khalessi:
No 2 is commonly known as bayelsa suya. grin

I was at one waterside in Bayelsa, the one that takes you to is it 'Tamogbene' abi na 'Ogbirigbene'... I saw people chewing that stuff like mad!!! I was like shocked shocked shocked
I had to run away! embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by helen4(f): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
I've eating no 2 and 3. It's tasty. Deltans don't eat that insect in picture 1 but they eat the one in picture 2 very well.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by dapreal(m): 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
tommykiwi:
Them for chop cockroach join. No be only Insect pple eats.....Hissssss.
if u don't understand simple biology just ask.crayfish,cockroach,shrimps,lobsters....and many more r all insects..... thank me later
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by igbsam(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
darediamond:

"Too much protein"
Wao!!!

U dey miss
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
SOME PEOPLE DEY TRY O
CHAI

THANK U MTN 4 THE 0.7GB
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by PrettySpicey(f): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nigerians entomophages since God knows when .... buh some of 'em insects could be delicious cheesy
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by flexing11(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Qaisar1:
Noooooooooooh! Here in Benin city, the palm weevil is sold along plymouth road axis (like gala) and am like why not buy chicken thigh/wings for relatively same amount....
were i,,,, pl,,,,,mout,,,, are de,,,, selli,,,,g palm weevil,
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by CzarRex: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Even if d insects were d last tin for me to eat..I wouldn't, God forbid..its disgusting, eating beetle isn't it not as next to eating a cockroach
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.Yes,yes grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by olin88: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=dre11 post=28815513]You mean say people they chop this

This is what I called POVERTY [/quote
let me hear u say poverty, Dis palm weevil is wow. tests it u will ask for more
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by ROZZAYY(f): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Wetin block your eye before? grin
Ur fine face na.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:
I do only termites.... The rest? Naaah
undecided
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by nenny(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2014
Have eaten no. 1 and no. 2. Still do till date. I ate no. 2 just last weekend
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:
I love the palm weevil larvae and the winged termite..

The yam beetle I have never tasted and the locust is a definite No.
\
I have not eaten the Yam beetle.

But everything else on the list is delicioso!!!

Not only winged termites, but termites themselves are yummy.

Mix termites with tapioca (African salad)..the crunchiness is very "orgasm1c".

/
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dreyl:
undecided

Dreyl please say what's on your mind. Thank you..
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

*walks up to him, brings him close, holds his face and stares deeply into his eyes*

Sweeri, you aren't telling the truth... kiss
I might mistaken that for an affection. tongue
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
ROZZAYY:

Ur fine face na.
Fine face still dey work these days? cheesy
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
I might mistaken that for an affection. tongue

You shouldn't oo... Na question I dey ask.. grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by tommykiwi(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
dapreal:
if u don't understand simple biology just ask.crayfish,cockroach,shrimps,lobsters....and many more r all insects..... thank me later
So the pictures they posted for the Insects dat pple eat did U see crayfish dere? Who don't eat crayfish.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by vonn(f): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2014
Francon:
The second picture looks like that insect that comes during raining season. Those days, people leave their buckets of water outside only to find d insects inside which will later be fried grin grin grin

Correct!!!!
Guy ur head dey dia.

We the impatient ones chase and capture them inside transparent waterproof bags to fry later in d day.

Yummy!!!!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

You shouldn't oo... Na question I dey ask.. grin
That kain question sabi put men for wahala. grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
That kain question sabi put men for wahala. grin

It's an innocent one na... sad
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dymondgurl(f): 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mayor21:

Lol.. I also love eating 'em raw, have you eaten the fried ones before?
lol, sure. Bt most of the time, am nt patient enuf to fry 'em, so into my mouth dey go.
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

It's an innocent one na... sad
It's all that innocence that makes it more of a romantic gesture. tongue

I like them innocent but naughty in the room. cheesy

Why don't we carve out a niche for ourselves somewhere in the romance section and profess our love for each other instead of disturbing insect eaters with our chit chat.What do you think? wink smiley
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Dreyl(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

Dreyl please say what's on your mind. Thank you..
But seriously bae how does it taste?
I remember vivdly the day my mom brought fried one for me i nearly kicked the plate away out of anger.what do you guys enjoy from that insects? Pukes!
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by tosyne2much(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Newkidoo:
Delicious...

Modified:
Therealmrstand and lacaslastica..
R u two paid by Seun to bring topics to nairaland cos most of your topics make d FrontPage even d silly ones..
How much r u guys being paid.. I will pay u double to stop it..
hahahahahahahaa this is hilarious grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
It's all that innocence that makes it more of a romantic gesture. tongue

I like them innocent but naughty in the room. cheesy

Why don't we carve out a niche for ourselves somewhere in the romance section and profess our love for each other instead of disturbing insect eaters with our chit chat.What do you think? wink smiley

*blindly follows him*
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
tosyne2much:
hahahahahahahaa this is hilarious grin
Hhee. I guess one of them is actually a moderator. Maybe the two.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dreyl:
But seriously bae how does it taste?
I remember vivdly the day my mom brought fried one for me i nearly kicked the plate away out of anger.what do you guys enjoy from that insects? Pukes!

I don't know what I enjoy about it, but I love eating it... It's crunchy.. And then when you add salt, it's just hmmmm.... *can't explain the feeling*
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by tosyne2much(m): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2014
laykorn:

Hhee. I guess one of them is actually a moderator. Maybe the two.
Ayamlaykorn
yeah I think so.. All their posts are considered worthy of FP
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
kika23:

*blindly follows him*
Nne bia! no follow blindly o,open your eyes shine am well make you no go march shiit. grin
Re: Pictures Of 'Delicious' Insects Consumed By Nigerians by kika23(f): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truckpusher:
Nne bia! no follow blindly o,open your eyes shine am well make you no go march shiit. grin

Ngwa, bia ka'n puor...

Did I get that correctly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What My Daddy Found Inside Stock Fish's Head. / The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos) / See The Bread I Bought For N1400

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.