Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo (27641 Views)

How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself / MTN Stops Stealing Call Credit After Data Runs Out / MTN Stealing My CREDIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by 4C2215131: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2014
moneymaker24:
LOL @ OP, OYO is the case of your airtime o.

Trust me when I say I don't read those mtn messages coming from such numbers talk more of taking action. They are the reason why I have over 50 Unread messages and I dey use am pose LOL.

Now that's funny!
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Emeka71(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2014
jmoore:
I dialed *556# to check my balance and I saw an additional message, "Text Yes to 1010! It's FREE! Your number is among the ones that could win for free 1 Generator from MTN ".

I read the message again to be sure I won't be charged for it. I decided to send sms as they stated. I wasn't charged after I sent the first sms.

I received another sms, it was a question. It was free to reply, so I sent in the answer and checked my balance and my money was not deducted.

Minutes later, I received another sms "Confirmed! Your name features in the draw for N10,000,000 from MTN...." I checked my balance and it was obvious, they have stolen my 100 Naira.
If 1 million Nigerians did the same thing, do the calculation.

MTN, if I don't win this 10 Million Naira, you will hear from me!!!!!!!!!!!

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:
I dialed *556# to check my balance and I saw an additional message, "Text Yes to 1010! It's FREE! Your number is among the ones that could win for free 1 Generator from MTN ".

I read the message again to be sure I won't be charged for it. I decided to send sms as they stated. I wasn't charged after I sent the first sms.

I received another sms, it was a question. It was free to reply, so I sent in the answer and checked my balance and my money was not deducted.

Minutes later, I received another sms "Confirmed! Your name features in the draw for N10,000,000 from MTN...." I checked my balance and it was obvious, they have stolen my 100 Naira.

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
M-u-g-u shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
Mug shocked
jmoore:

angry angry
M-u-g-u
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by blesscar(m): 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
they are the famous un-armed robbers ever,they even do automatic caller tune subscription in other to rob you of ur #50...chaiiii diaris God ooo
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by wordcat(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
jmoore:

angry angry

Guy ur hard earn money don enter voice mail bi dat. Almost all the telecom industry dey guilty of this. They treat Nigerians anyhow dem like all because we ha puppets at NCC.
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by dplomaticVal: 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
jmoore:

angry angry

I received the SMS also.
if u had perused that text very well u would have seen an abbrev. like this "t & c" which means Terms & Conditions applies. they didn't rob you, you're the architect of your woe
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by timmy7(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sorry op for entering one chance, one needs to be smart to outsmart empty hen abi wetin be their name again. Like you , I saw that same message while checking my balance and because of the same curiosity that killed one cat like that for my village I started the game, trust sharp guy like me, I ensured I had just 3naira on my account, so I answered 1 and 2 at the appropriate places. I gave up with the game when I saw how stupid they think Nigerians are, I mean how can you ask me these:
October 1st is independence day?
Is white on the Nigerian flag?
Is 'moimoi' made from beans?
Chei! God punish whoever is behind this rubbish as well as the ones behind these silly short codes 5030, 5040, 5041etc. They want to run down my battery on daily basis with multiple stupid messages from them abi them think say I go still fall for their nonsense messages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by dplomaticVal: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
drey076:
Even Nowadays, they will activate caller tunz on ur behalf and deducting 50naira from ur money monthly
And if u call d customer care, they will say maybe someone activated it on your behalf if u claim u weren't d one dat activate it.
MTN na scam, they want to extort dere customer by all means

very true. airtime is deducted from my sim every month for callertunes without my acquiescence
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Sammyblaq(m): 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
deactivate greed...u'll be happy like me.
Bleep MTN!
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by darlous(m): 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Anything from Mtn is fraud!
I have never believed them and will never believe them.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by negroG(m): 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
mtn is a scam network oboy ur money don lost

1 Like

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Crownbird(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
MTN Be Like

Lucky you! We have great news to share with you: Enter Master Class to enjoy your Daily Trivia Quiz and also compete today for 1 KIA Sportage from MTN! Want to? 1=YES 2=NO. Text 1 to subscribe or 2 to skip to 1010! (Daily participation: N20)

Later on.

You are at today's points limit! You must have done something right, because MTN has picked you for VIP Class: Text VIP to 1010 and also compete today for N10,000,000! (Subscribe for N100/day)

Make dem pity naija pple now ... Upon all the money dey make in each state .... IN A DAY ONLY ... Hahan 1 naira no be small money o
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Danbam(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
Seems d OP didn't read d msg well

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Orikinla(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
YES.
MTN has scammed me twice since their 2010 South Africa FIFA World Cup promo.
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Edywalex: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
It also happen to me.I Called d 419 customer care to know why 100 was deducted 4rm my acount.I was told it ws a charge fees 4 1010.I ws mad to hear that because d 100 remove ws transfer to me inorder to make emergency call.Why must they debit once money with playing d game since it ws free.It is high time this dubious mean of stealing 4rm so Cal MTN Should stop.we need some1 who is conected to bring it to punch,tribune and other news cover.It getting to much and fustrated.
jmoore:

angry angry
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by bumeks(f): 4:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
motherlode:

cheesy @op you are the one who made the mistake not MTN stealing your money. For instance, if you have answered two - three questions for the generator stuff the question which will follow will be like " you have picked to participate for the VIP or MASTER CLASS to win kia( something ) send 1= yes or 2= skip to participate.......................... " the joy of answering cheap questions to garner points cost you the #100 charge wink you didn't read the followed message completely; thinking it was free grin
forfet dis long story mtn na thief dem be
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by bumeks(f): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
MTN is d worst network ever,they still 4rm d people to enrich their purse
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Emeka71(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
bumeks:
Most especially MTN and Airtel.
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by studded(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
bumeks:

undecided kiss kiss undecided cry undecided kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by trailblazer70(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
jmoore:

angry angry
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by trailblazer70(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Guy the same thing happened to me.Mumu Transfer network.
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Nnachi404(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
The can never get me cos am smart now mtn 419ers since 2000
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by mbulela: 10:06am On Dec 15, 2014
jmoore:

angry angry

What exactly did this second SMS say? What was the question and what were the options?
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by mbulela: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2014
Danbam:
Seems d OP didn't read d msg well

He probably expected MTN to read it for him.
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by studded(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2014
mbulela:

What exactly did this second SMS say? What was the question and what were the options?

mbulela:

He probably expected MTN to read it for him.

No mind the op jare...

Na so we dey do for Naija o; too much in a hurry to make awoof money, without reading the Terms & conditions attached to such offers... cheesy cheesy

I'm sure MTN know say NCC dey wey go prosecute them if them try to swindle anybody unlawfully.

Siddon there dey cry over ur own undoing..... tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by obili25(m): 12:28am On Mar 08, 2015
All of una wey dey scream terms and conditions this and that, how many people have u seen that won the 10m Or the KIA? Mtn na scam joor
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Godsti: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Is amazing thing what I understand here is whosoever 419 catch is a 419 too, because what did u expect that you will use free message to win 10,000,000 or to win kia Sportage , you have to be wise and smart, if you want to play then you go ahead an play stop complaining. Thanks friends
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Raikishi(m): 12:29pm On May 01, 2015
What is MTN SMartNow.... I did not subscribe for it and they deduct N20 from my credit daily with a message:

'your subscription to Smart Now has been successfully renewed and N 20.00 was deducted from your account. The service will be renewed automatically for every day for the next 1 day(s).'

I repeat I did not subscribe to any stupid smart now... heck I don't even know what it is or what it does.... Can't someone sue this _idiots and have them stop exploiting us. Abi does Nigeria belong to non-Nigerians? kmt
Re: Mtn Stealing Millions From Their Customers In The Current Promo by Tariboy1(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2015
Same thing Happened 2me. I even 4got Dat i have anything to do wit the number 1010. on mtn generator whatever. Any time I recharge my 100# continuous to disappear. I was frustrated for almost a week. I went on to call mtn customer care service and arest my case. They nw reminds me of the business I had with 1010. So I told em to deactivate anything I have with them. After some few minutes later I received a msg that you have been successfully opted out of our service.

WE NEED TO REPORT THIS SERVICE EMPTY HEN TO BBC OR CNN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phones And Tablets That Will Be Rocking In Nigeria This 2016 / Apple Loses Copyright Claims Against ‘virtual Iphone’ Maker / 6 Tips To Reduce Your Mobile Internet Data Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.