Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. (72295 Views)

Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration / Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by loomer: 9:25am On Dec 13, 2014
honestly, we need a military man that would take over, close all the borders, airports, seaports, and arrest all these thieves make them bring out money dem don thief from federal to state level.

then conduct a peaceful election.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by biomedixexcel(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2014
WE NEED A REVOLUTION
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Ishilove: 9:25am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

This is not a matter of running a google check! This is simple mathematics! All the calculations were done per annum! Why did the op now multiplied it by 12?

Dem dey take car allowance per month in your company? 9million x 12 that is 108million for car loan! Please stop displaying your ignorance!
You are the one displaying your ignorance here, madam. Google search and stop arguing blindly.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2014
surely dis abnormal earning will stop if GMB assume office as our president.
but if clueless and corrupt GEJ continues , hmmmmm we are in for it
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2014
if the actuall money was 29m naira like you say, why then did Sanusi say that Nigeria's house of assembly take 25 percent of the national budget of 30b dollar?

And no, they don't have to be buying cars every month. What about the numerous trips they take abroad with their lovers and concubines? What about the designer dresses they buy for those ladies when they travel to Dubai etc? What about the houses they build here and in many parts of the world? What about the investments they make here and there? And you really think 2million dollar a year cannot give them the kind of wealth they now have? What about the Edo law maker whose driver made away with his 8million naira cash the law maker was travelling with?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by adex4lyfe84: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Okay now I understand why it's a do or die Affairs. You need to multiply that figure by 4 yrs and also if there's a second term, that means multiply by 8. Dere is God oooo cry sad
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Rayscell: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Abi senators dey buy cars every month? angry angry

They even collect more
I have a friend that works for a senator quoting him to be shock when he first received his wardrobe allowance for the 6months to be #60M naira, he immediately call the bank manager to see if it wasn't a mistake but BM confirmed it.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Amanwulu1(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2014
@op. It's clear dat our politicians are worse dan armed robbers, yet I still feel u need to do ur research very well as d report makes more sense if u said yearly salary. Dis is what I mean: don't u think vehicle maintenance+car allowance can't b monthly? On severance gratuity, is dat paid monthly? On leave allowance, is it every month they go on leave? Wit d above, I take d N29m to b annual salary being d official money they collect. Pls consider them n prove me wrong.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2014
unmask:
so you mean each senator collects about 2.5million per month?

So why are we complaining?

she actually thinks 2.5 million naira can give them the sort of wealth that has made them the first choice for beautiful women we see everyday .
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by motherlode: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2014
grayht:
i wont comment!
And what did you do. space booking grin
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Sunnymatey(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2014
Not even GMB can review downward the remuneration of our law makers ''if at all he's elected come Feb, 2015'' any attempt will be match with an impeachment tread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Amanwulu1(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2014
Aikon:
Oya. Vote wisely come february
for u n dose liking dat place is a no go area for any president.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by jamesbawa(m): 9:37am On Dec 13, 2014
kai kai kai kai... walahi i must become a senator......o
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by jojomario(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2014
adrainuche:
Nigeria a failed Nation embarassed embarassed, Atiku switching parties and we are all shouting Progressive!!!

A PDP Member becomes an APC Memeber how do we expect change..

Cut all this mofos salary down to the minimum wage we would then see which of them are really patriotic citizen of this country...
that is a major reason he will never win elections at primary level. He taught he is wise but electorates are wiser
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Rilwayne001: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2014
ol boy… shocked shocked oni agbara oo
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Project400: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
Sunnymatey:
Not even GMB can review downward the remuneration of our law makers ''if at all he's elected come Feb, 2015'' any attempt will be match with an impeachment tread.
Absolutely correct.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by PStacks(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2014
Politics is too lucrative in nigeria.

Political offices must be made un-attractive so that u can get peoplÉ wÍÞh true love for the country to handle affairs and not people that love money but claim they love the country

1 Like

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by patrickkkk: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2014
Wonderful!! And they expect Nigerians and Nigeria to be at peace while more than 60% of d people they govern are getting poorer. I think these people are 80% there to SERVE their pockets and NOT the PEOPLE.

2 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by nijanigga: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2014
when u add on all other allowances david mark is getting his monthly salary is upto 100 million naira.The senator is building a private university and has a home helicopter can land on.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by captainbaroni(m): 9:51am On Dec 13, 2014
IS IT NOT A PITY?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Eziachi: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
See Nigerian Educational System! All the allowances listed there is per annum! How come the op mischievously calculated all and tagged it per a month? And some senseless posters above bought it hook and sinker?

Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, this is false information! Yank it off or do the needful!

Why not post your alternative figures and whatever your version of truth is?
That is how to make a counter argument.
Instead of just calling it false without anything to back it up.
Am not saying that you are wrong but that your mere dismissive approach without any backup is flawed.

3 Likes

Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by tosygno(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I believe ur disagreement with this post is that the op "mischieviously calculated" the allowances per "month" instead of per "annum". Now my question to u is that even if it is calculated per annum, don't u think the rates are ridiculous? Don't u think there are unnecessary allowances given while pressing needs of an average nigerian citizen has not been met?.. Cos I humbly feel u are not against the rates for them..........just my humble opinion
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Project400: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2014
loomer:
honestly, we need a military man that would take over, close all the borders, airports, seaports, and arrest all these thieves make them bring out money dem don thief from federal to state level.

then conduct a peaceful election.

Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria; you cannot exempt the military. Infact that singular arm is the alpha of corruption in the country.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Obiwannn: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2014
Wittylens:
THIEVES!!!!!

What Do They even do to warrant such earnings?

Sit down in a well airconditioned room , do nothing and earn millions while an average Nigerian nearly kills himself for just #18,000...

while they pay a Corper common 19800
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by unmask: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
craziebone:

she actually thinks 2.5 million naira can give them the sort of wealth that has made them the first choice for beautiful women we see everyday .
let her please enlighten me.....
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Satex(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
@OP. Thank you so much for this post. That is the salary structure of our distinguished senators. And at the end of the day, the same crop of politicians will be telling the unemployed graduates to try and be self-employed.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by whyteone: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
CHANGE,the latest entrant in our political lexicon.the mantra of the opposition party.Need I ask,what are we changing?The executive,symbolized by pres Jonathan and the pdp?the legislature symbolized by pdp,apc,Lp and the rest? or both?Unconfirmed sources put the annual take home of a senator at over $2m per annum!Paid to PDP,APC,LP senators.Same scenario plays out in the lower chamber.This outrageous sum goes out annually in the face of current economic realities in Nigeria.A nation where the average worker earns less than $1500 per annum.Is the legislature captured in the CHANGE the opposition party advocates? Nigerian's must realise that politicians across party divides are united in the rape and plunder of our commonwealth.Should GMB and the opposition succeed in CHANGING the executive(Jonathan and pdp)come 2015,his first task at cleansing the augean stable would be 'CHANGING' the legislature.But,can he?
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by tosygno(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Sunnymatey:

He might use a persuasive means....mind u, he can also employ the use of the media....but he has to start the reduction from the executive arm first. I also believe that if the substantial part of the senate are apc memebers, it mit be easy for him
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by unmask: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Project400:

Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria; you cannot exempt the military. Infact that singular arm is the alpha of corruption in the country.
at least the military won't need to pay "close your mouth" or "you didn't see anything" money
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by Eziachi: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
I want to see what the presidency earn and how much it takes to run the office. You want a president who will volunteer and cut his salary by 75% and seizes the moral high ground to mobilize the populace and if possible blackmailing this rogues and governors to do the same.
How can you operate an open robbery against the people in the name of democracy. And this is just their legitimate earnings only.
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by callme2dy(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2014
at least those for monthly should have been separated from annual allowance to make it a complete and factual report
Re: Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2014
Eziachi:

Why not post your alternative figures and whatever your version of truth is?
That is how to make a counter argument.
Instead of just calling it false without anything to back it up.
Am not saying that you are wrong but that your mere dismissive approach without any backup is flawed.

Dear Eziachi! There is nothing to back up! The figures are all there! The salaries were quoted per annum but the op decided to multiply it again by 12months to make it look outrageous which is wrong!

Btw, i am holding brief for them! I am just trying to point out the miscalculation there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When President Macron’s Presidential Jet Landed In Ilorin! / Palliative: The Food Stuff Shared In Ikoyi, Obalende LCDA Lagos State (Picture) / Cattle-Laden Truck Attacked In Onitsha, Driver & Conductor Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.