Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Short Story - Catfished! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Short Story - Catfished! (883 Views)

Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] / Ways To Avoid Getting “catfished” (scamed Online) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story - Catfished! by AceOfDiamonds(m): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2014
'Ol'boy ! Come see this fine babe abeg' Jude said to me
I stood up indifferent about whatever he was willing to show me because it was official Jude had either horrible taste in ladies or some sort of eye illusion undecided

'Are you kidding me ?!' shocked I blurted out with a gasp.
'Share me her pin abeg' I added instantly grin .

And that was how it started. An invite was sent and subsequently accepted. Introduction followed and the chats flowed.
Days ran into months until i decided to know and see for myself the beautiful lady i had been chatting with.
We decided to meet at a restaurant and fixed a time. cheesy

They say the first impression matters alot! So, I dressed up for the date...you know,a sup guy sort of wear - a light blue polo shirt,dark blue trousers and an excellent looking pair of sneakers i borrowed from Chinedu our neighbour grin

After being regaled with tales of big catfishes, I hatched a plan with Jude to find out if the lady in question was really as beautiful as she looked in the pictures she had sent.
We would both stand outside the restaurant as i chatted with the lady and asked if she was already at the venue.
When she replied in the affirmative,i would walk in and Jude would call at my signal.

The first call came in and a short,dark lady with kiko weaving or whatever it was looked at her mobile and picked.
I signalled Jude to end the call and dial a second time.

This same lady picked her mobile and started talking with a look of frustration on her face.
This lady had sent some pictures which would have had her contest for Miss Nigeria and here i was looking at a complete opposite of the package...Nooo! Bad Market!

My head communicated with my legs and i walked out of the restaurant clutching the currant bread i bought grin

Jude started laughing immediately i stepped out and mocked me.
'Guy! You try abeg!' Jude started.
'See as she resemble Ralia the Sugar Girl' he pressed further.
'Na mighty catfish be dis' he continued.
'The photoshopped pictures were damn good' he rallied on.
'But the way you leave her hanging no good oo' he said

Ehnn? shocked ...Noooo! If i ordered a product and it doesn't match or shows no semblance to the product being advertised,then there would be no transaction!
Exactly what happened! So i am absolved of all blame undecided

After deleting her from my contact list,i
checked the borrowed silver wristwatch on my wrist and calculated the time wasted on this fruitless endeavour. Time that couldn't be regained!

As i proceeded to bed,i heard of nothing else from Jude other than our massive catfish outing. embarassed

I had learnt a major lesson for future reference!

1 Like

Re: Short Story - Catfished! by Cholls(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
My brother nollywood is looking for you undecided

1 Like

Re: Short Story - Catfished! by AceOfDiamonds(m): 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2014
Cholls:
My brother nollywood is looking for you undecided

lol...why bros sad ?
Re: Short Story - Catfished! by StealthyMe(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Another good one....
You try undecided
Re: Short Story - Catfished! by AceOfDiamonds(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
StealthyMe:
Another good one....
You try undecided

Thanks man smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please Help !!!! / It's Time I Compliment People On Here! / The Beautiful Bride & Her Boo...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.