Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money (3568 Views)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Pics From The Experience 2014 At TBS / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by ayooluwa1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
We have been ordained by God to emphasize the reality of Purpose in the genuineness of creation. Our mission in life must center on making the Lord who paid the ultimate price on us glad and not sad.If everyone in this world were like you. would this planet be better or worse?Whatsoever things are true, , think on these things.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2008
naomijt:

Just seeing this undecided

God bless u Oshob.

Nwaikabe,

u don't need any road map. Your daily living should reflect the Christ in you. If u need a starting point, then start with this; . . .

ask God to come into your heart and be saved. then start reading your bible like you should.

These I have done since cheesy cheesy cheesy
I have been taking care of needy people around me, paid house rents, JAMB fees,assisted many brethren financially. Even in the new year, I am aside a portion of my salary to help needy children.
I read my bible.
tonye-t actually was looking for a way some of these personal efforts could be co ordinated. So I only asked him to put down a plan that he thinks can work. If he plans outreaches in the villages, I can get friends to co finance it.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2008
nwakaibe:

These I have done since cheesy cheesy cheesy
I have been taking care of needy people around me, paid house rents, JAMB fees,assisted many brethren financially. Even in the new year, I am aside a portion of my salary to help needy children.
I read my bible.
tonye-t actually was looking for a way some of these personal efforts could be co ordinated. So I only asked him to put down a plan that he thinks can work. If he plans outreaches in the villages, I can get friends to co finance it.
@Nwakaibe
It is not right as a christian for you to boast about the good deeds you do, you should keep it between yourself and God so that God would reward you. I can't remember the exact verse that said that now but would post it if i remember. wink
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by uteh: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
This is the problem with we the so called christians. We are busy critising and condemning one another while the devil has fully taken charge. The Experience is a christian musical concert organised by House on the Rock. They invite foreign chrisitan artistes to minister to people. It is a means of willing souls to Christ. I was at the 2007 Experience. When the alter call was made you need to see hands that were raised and the number of people that responded to the call, imagine how the angels would have rejoiced that night.

Soul winning is the heart beat of God. If only christianity can go back to the days of the apostles in the book of Acts. Instead we have left the great commission to pursue after material things, none of which we will take to the other side when we die. Yet it is not the material things we gain that matters to God, but the life we lived and the impact we made on humanity.

Please lets start praying for unity in the body of Christ. The devil is capitalising on this disunity to distract us from serving God and doing his will. Lets us stop serving a 'bless me God' and serve God for who He is.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2008
KunleOshob:

@Nwakaibe
It is not right as a christian for you to boast about the good deeds you do, you should keep it between yourself and God so that God would reward you. I can't remember the exact verse that said that now but would post it if i remember. wink

I only stated not boasted of what i have being doing to show that some Christians still do them and yet have nothing against programmes like The Experience. Every time some people will talk about taking care of the poor, orphans, widows. We are doing it.
KunleOshob:

You can start by personally implementing the directives of this scripture; James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

so it is part of my my reply to your post. love you bros cheesy cheesy
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by uteh: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2008
Also no offering is taken at The Experience.  The expenses is borne by donations and contributions from mostly christians who believe in the Vision of Pastor Adefarasin.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2008
uteh:

Also no offering is taken at The Experience. The expenses is borne by donations and contributions from mostly christians who believe in the Vision of Pastor Adefarasin.
And what is this vision?? Hip hop christianity
Whilst it is not wrong to organize concerts i still think we christians should learn to get our priorities right the huge expense involved in organizing the program cannot be justified in the context of the christian mandate.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2008
Nwakaibe,

you may choose to be responsible in whatever way you deem fit, but you will be an infidel if you don't first take care of your household.

What we need to address here is motive. Are you giving to fulfil all righteousness, out of compulsion and cos you want your pastor's approval?
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
naomijt:

Nwakaibe,

you may choose to be responsible in whatever way you deem fit, but you will be an infidel if you don't first take care of your household.

What we need to address here is motive. Are you giving to fulfil all righteousness, out of compulsion and because you want your pastor's approval?

Here you go again cheesy cheesy cheesy.I take good care of my family. Most of the people i help are not from the church i attend. So I am not giving to gain any pastor's approval. I give because I see needs and decided to use what I have to meet some of them. My motive is out of love, giving and helping brethren.
While in school, a lot of brethren gave to help me.after school, a lot of brethren helped me to move around by giving cash gifts. They showed me love. So I have experience of Christians helping one another. I understand what it means to share what you have out of love. I understand what it means to care for one's family and relatives. I wish i can arrange for you to visit them to have a first hand information of what I am saying.
I have a simple philosophy of life; of what good are worldly goods if not to help those in need.
lots of love sister kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2008
Ok. I leave it at that.

Please, help your church members more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Sheikh Iyanu Olohun? / Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.