Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money (3569 Views)

Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Pics From The Experience 2014 At TBS / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2008
Men okija this work dey make me miss things I trust ikwere rain makers dem no fit fall my hand na.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Okijajuju1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
Oboy I swear say e no easy!!

I see wetin my eye no fit explain, Dem jazz the rain till night, nothing fall. And all these pastors no fit stop common rain, na blind person dem wan heal?? angry
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tgirl4real(f): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hehehe

Okija no go kill pesin o.
Experience ko experiment ni
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tgirl4real(f): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2008
How dem go fit stop rain?
Wetin no konsai dem. . .

Anyway, i don't see d diff btwn those pastors and herbalists
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by AKO1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2008
The traffic yesterday was lipsrsealed shocked

Most of it because of the experience.

I'd rather sleep jo.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by AKO1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by reindeer: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2008
Wow!

it musta been quite an EXPERIENCE cheesy
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2008
An experience indeed!

What a good reward for their labour undecided
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by otokx(m): 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2008
Its actually a jamboree targeted at "believers" so don't expect any altar call. There are so many other jamborees coming up this month especially at Lagos - Ibadan expressway; much sympathy goes to all the victims of the hold up that will ensure after wards. The carnival in rivers state was another thing altogether but them no dey joke with the rain makers o.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 08, 2008
it was really an "experience" of showers of rain that night so i heard.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2008
naomijt:

An experience indeed!

What a good reward for their labour undecided

And then? cool cool cool.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Pepeye(f): 9:51am On Dec 11, 2008
An experience indeed
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 10:09am On Dec 11, 2008
Evidently God must have been upset with them using his name for their personal amusement and experience.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2008
davidylan:

it was really an "experience" of showers of rain that night so i heard.

and so what? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2008
u just want to post abi undecided
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by chisomquee: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2008
some people will just come and post whatever they like,the cause of the traffic was due to people travelling out of lagos for the ileya,what is so special about the rain,some couples on their wedding day ,you will see heavy down pour does it mean they are evil,becareful with your post before God will judge you.The experience was ok and we were blessed.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2008
chisomquee:

some people will just come and post whatever they like,the cause of the traffic was due to people travelling out of lagos for the ileya,what is so special about the rain,some couples on their wedding day ,you will see heavy down pour does it mean they are evil,becareful with your post before God will judge UThe experience was ok and we were blessed.

My guy, study scriptures well before u start misyearning. What judgement are u talking about?

Won't you face a greater judgement for not studying/following scriptures
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2008
naomijt:

My guy, study scriptures well before u start misyearning. What judgement are u talking about?

Won't you face a greater judgement for not studying/following scriptures

I beg fix time teach me Bible,make I follow learn. People gather to express their heart felt love for God, you rose against it. So what are people supposed to do? Become robots undecided undecided undecided.
I just dey watch all of una.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tonyet1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2008
my opinion is this, i strongly believe we christians have lost the key to our faith and we are all busy pursuing after shadows, before we forget the bible says "we are the light of the world" and its so surprising to see christians spending over 30million on a 1-night concert and outside there there are over 3million souls dieing over hunger and droughtin africa is it not a shame, i swear if i see another faith that professes and practices all the teachings of jesus and jesus is their head i will quickly leave this pentecostal madness

1. where are the days of rural evangelism, do you know that if one can invest just 2million naira on hiring of equipments for rural outreach and some 21st century gadgets (projectors and flat sreens) can you imagine how many "lost souls" will sit down and watch movies and weep and turn away from their wrongs

2. imagine if we take 3million naira and sponsor some poor and less privileaged families to good schools after saving them, now thats what i call spending for Gods kingdom rather than using it to invite don moen and their likes , dont get me wrong i like the singer alot

3. i thought we are supposed to bring hope to a dieing world,if yes so why coundnt we use those million naira and spend to build good schools for the rural areas,, , "bible said let our lights so shine b4 all men that they will see our good works and glorify God who is in heaven"

i really think that it was God himself who really brought that rain on their EXPERIENCE foolishness! . . . . . its really pathetic
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Carlosein(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2008
tonye-t:

my opinion is this, i strongly believe we christians have lost the key to our faith and we are all busy pursuing after shadows, before we forget the bible says "we are the light of the world" and its so surprising to see christians spending over 30million on a 1-night concert and outside there there are over 3million souls dieing over hunger and droughtin africa is it not a shame, i swear if i see another faith that professes and practices all the teachings of jesus and jesus is their head i will quickly leave this pentecostal madness

1. where are the days of rural evangelism, do you know that if one can invest just 2million naira on hiring of equipments for rural outreach and some 21st century gadgets (projectors and flat sreens) can you imagine how many "lost souls" will sit down and watch movies and weep and turn away from their wrongs

2. imagine if we take 3million naira and sponsor some poor and less privileaged families to good schools after saving them, now thats what i call spending for Gods kingdom rather than using it to invite don moen and their likes , don't get me wrong i like the singer alot

3. i thought we are supposed to bring hope to a dieing world,if yes so why coundnt we use those million naira and spend to build good schools for the rural areas,, , "bible said let our lights so shine before all men that they will see our good works and glorify God who is in heaven"

i really think that it was God himself who really brought that rain on their EXPERIENCE foolishness! . . . . . its really pathetic

na u talk am o grin
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2008
tonye-t:

my opinion is this, i strongly believe we Christians have lost the key to our faith and we are all busy pursuing after shadows, before we forget the bible says "we are the light of the world" and its so surprising to see Christians spending over 30million on a 1-night concert and outside there there are over 3million souls dieing over hunger and drought in Africa is it not a shame, i swear if i see another faith that professes and practices all the teachings of Jesus and Jesus is their head i will quickly leave this pentecostal madness

2. imagine if we take 3million naira and sponsor some poor and less privileaged families to good schools after saving them, now thats what i call spending for Gods kingdom rather than using it to invite don moen and their likes , don't get me wrong i like the singer alot

3. i thought we are supposed to bring hope to a dieing world,if yes so why coundnt we use those million naira and spend to build good schools for the rural areas,, , "bible said let our lights so shine before all men that they will see our good works and glorify God who is in heaven"

My friend, why not raise the required money and lets embark on some rugged rural Evangelical outreach. Instead of complaining,start somewhere.A lot of churches are doing serious rural Evangelical outreaches. Some are picking children off the streets and feeding them,clothing them and sending them to schools.some have built schools dedicated solely for the education of the poor.
A colleague from Fountain of Life recently told me of two houses the church keeps for homeless people, a hospital for the poor, training of people in various schools and renovations of schools in the area. Daystar is doing the some. Redeemed conducts a go a-fishing programme.Chosen conducts crusades almost every where. Christ Embassy has an inner city mission programme. I got a magazine from the mission detailing their projects in Rwanda, Burundi, Zimbabwe,Congo etc.
So start something and invite me. No hard feelings bros.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tonyet1(m): 9:17am On Dec 12, 2008
I swear i am really interested , how do we start. . . . be the initiator! i will support i swear
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2008
tonye-t:

I swear i am really interested , how do we start. . . . be the initiator! i will support i swear

I am waiting for you to draw up the road map. The original poster should also come in. Draw up a good road map and I am in.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2008
nwakaibe:

I am waiting for you to draw up the road map. The original poster should also come in. Draw up a good road map and I am in.
You can start by personally implementing the directives of this scripture; James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by Tonyet1(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2008
now this is sounding more like a christian community. . . . .lets start by sharing our email but first lets give the idea to the forum moderator and see if it will be a welcome idea. . . mine is sypakv@yahoo.com,post yours
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2008
tonye-t:

now this is sounding more like a christian community. . . . .lets start by sharing our email but first lets give the idea to the forum moderator and see if it will be a welcome idea. . . mine is sypakv@yahoo.com,post yours

Check out my e-mail on my profile
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by KunleOshob(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2008
tonye-t:

Mine is on my profile as well.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by obinna5000(m): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2008
We ought to be talking about The Experience Gospel concert.
Well, I couldn't make it on that day. But I heard that Midnight Crew, Mary Mary, and others really rocked the place.
It was quite unfortunate what happened with the heavy downpour of rain.

Speaking of sharing emails,
@tonye-t
its quite risky showing my email on a public online forum like NL.
You don't know who is who, except for some that I have met individually.
But I'll send my email address to you through yours.

@KunleOshob
How u dey? Long time no chat. Lets talk more on YIM.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by AKO1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2008
tonye-t:

Please please dont go offtopic. The 'official' christian community is here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159075.0.html
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by nwakaibe(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
A_K_O:

Please please don't go offtopic. The 'official' christian community is here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159075.0.html

A_K_O bros, we know but are trying to build something out of what we are sharing here.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by naomijt(f): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
nwakaibe:

Just seeing this undecided

KunleOshob:

You can start by personally implementing the directives of this scripture; James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

God bless u Oshob.

Nwaikabe,

u don't need any road map. Your daily living should reflect the christ in you. If u need a starting point, then start with this; . . .

ask God to come into your heart and be saved. then start reading your bible like you should.
Re: The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money by ayooluwa1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2008
Whatever happens in heaven would happen forever.So, if you are asked by God, what you spent your entire life doing on earth, would your answer end you in eternal regrets or eternal "rejoice"? visit www.menofpurposenetwork.org

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France / Difficulties, Contradictions And Problems In The Crucifixion Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.