Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing (11501 Views)

Lets Discuss Affilate Vs Adsense Which Pays / Blog Or Forum Which Pays Most / Web Designer Vs Web Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
Web designing,,

Especially, if you are really good in coding,,
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by IVORY2009(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
The two of them pays, as for the web design stuff, one needs experience plus coding language to make it, while selling clothes on the other hand, you need to have some street- sense, otherwise known as Lagos sense to make in Lagos.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Freelance web development is not always easy as you have to struggle to be noticed. However, there are big timers employed by companies with super clients whose sites they don't just develop but maintain for a period of time. Such big timers will laugh loud while reading this thread.

Personally, I recently integrated a web portal I did for a client long ago with their new Navision system (just a few lines of code) and my company was paid N1.2M (if na money ehh). Anyway, my monthly salary flows in regularly and surely way better than anything I could earn as a road side road seller. Lol.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by IVORY2009(m): 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Fresia01:
here in abj.. web designing is a lucrative business

selling clothes is more stressful, and it requires more energy, the OP need to go for some form of training, one day @ the popular Balogun market, you need to see how one market woman man-handle one man, hmmmm, becos of ordinarly say d man shade cover her shop, dat woman is well trained physically.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Decryptor(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
Sowing is more lucrative in Lagos. Web Design market is over-saturated.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Ignatio(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
What type of question is this? Is the person goaless?

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
started html 3 weeks back....funnnnnn
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
which way forward na, dhtml18 i like the direction this thread is taking!.. grin...it's high time we started developing web based businesses with our skills...enter alibaba, find suppliers for sexy underthings, create your own online lingerie store with a unique twist that will have you seeing at least 1000 page views everyday especially if you are slightly controversial.....Nothing beats selling ladies clothes, pant and bra lipsrsealed

Please dont steal my idea angry, only contact me if you are really serious shocked

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by cbrass(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Fresia01:
here in abj.. web designing is a lucrative business

That ur pics...na was oo
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by PassingShot(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
In a way, I see web design in today's Nigeria as a lazy man job. There are far more challenging and profitable ventures out there but everyone wants to sit behind computer and form white collar employee.

Yeye dey smell.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Craigston: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
For good investment, start with what's possible now. If you haven't groomed yourself well to start web design, then selling clothes could be a good start. Sell during the day. Make as much as is enough for your upkeep and your studies (including generating power for your PC and other devices you use, books, data connection and all other barriers to entry that exist in this country). Then study at night. Make it a lifestyle. Soon, you'll be a master of two businesses. You can design a site for your clothes business, upgrade your packaging and services (you can have them shop on your site and offer home deliveries). You get a hint of my idea now? You'll get to a point where you won't need anyone to decide which to continue with. But you've created an asset and you can have someone employed to manage an arm of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by blasterman(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mark zuckberg owner of Facebook is a billionaire because he designed Facebook. There is a lot of money in web design or software development even more than oil .

Like they say many roads lead into the market

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by cupidhero(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
Selling clothes is better because while doing it you will have the time to perfect your web design skills and wait for that perfect big website design job. You should invest on the clothing biz and then do the web design on freelance level. Adobe webdesign tools don't cost a thing on piratesbay and ISOHUNT so you only get to invest time into it while you channel you money into cloth selling biz which gives you huge returns.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by rioemmanuel(m): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
Cant you do the two together?
You sell in the boutique during the day,work on your system when you are less busy,customers won't come in every minutes.
Then continue with work on your system before going to bed.I believe it is achievable.
Goodluck!
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by cbrass(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Many of you here saying you can combine selling cloths with web development don't know a jack about coding. Combine kini If an average coder sleeps around 2am(cos that's wen I sleep and some others do too) and I wake around 10am tell me when I will get to shop then how to easily switch from last night coding to the cloth selling I want to do for that day. When will I get home.when will I rest. When will I do research.when will I read and tell me when will I practice. Programming takes lots of reading and practice. NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Appswheel(m): 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
interresting question
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
This thread is getting more interesting than i bargained for. I thank everyone for their contribution to this thread so far.

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by dokunbam(m): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
cbrass:
Why this funny comparism. What shall separate me from the love of coding, is it hunger Is it percecussion Is it war . I didn't join because of the money I enlisted because of the passion. I will not dignify any would be questioner with such questions an answer cos coding is not in them. To God be thy glory am reaping it in coding nw . ONCE AGAIN. ITS THE LOVE OF CODING THAT WILL CREATE A FACEBOOK,

wink
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nmeri17: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
like play like play people are actually comparing o. for God's sake op was just trolling . is cloth selling even an occupation like, on yo voter's card occupation u write "bend down selecter" angry

and for those of u saying u can combine both. Lol. do y'all think LEARNING web design is like attending night school for ist school leaving certificate?? not to talk of practicing. he didnt even compare it with banking. y'all sound ignorant or misinformed at best. Tony go just dey laugh una for house. smh

*dog walks and unfollows thread cool

1 Like

Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Rexnegro(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
dhtml18:
As we all know Lagos metropolis is a very good place in Nigeria for business especially website design and cloth selling.

I have someone I am trying to advice on which one is better to invest your time and money in Lagos state (I am very specific).

Imagine a big time cloth seller in say the popular Balogun market versus someone who has a web design shop somewhere in Lagos.

And I see some of these posters for 5k, 10k websites in Lagos, meanwhile I am aware (as a result of some research) that some cloth sellers make 50k profits and above DAILY IN LAGOS.

Learning cloth trading does not take much time to learn, however, it might take you several years to perfect the website development techniques. Getting quality jobs is another cause of concern - In my time I have seen so many web development companies start up in big big places in lagos - allen avenue, ikeja only to fold up after a short time with the owners in heavy debts and in some instances on the run from the police (I can cite many examples, but i dont want to be mentioning names). Of course there are some web companies that are still thriving mind you.

In case you are wondering what I do in Lagos, it is freelance website developments (web apps, softwares and mobile apps but the market seem to be more for web apps).

So which one will you take and why?

Disclaimer: I am not planning to retire to selling clothes mind you (I will rather pack-up from Lagos and go back to my village as a farmer).
Bro I stand to say the 50k profit per day is relatively not true , but if u re a wholesaler fine u can make such amount when u have a large number of retailer coming on a daily basis to buy one or two tinz from u. I run my own retail cloth store with a very reasonable and unbeatable prices cos I don't pay for the shop(my dad built it in front of our crib so am using one of it), our family friend who supply me stocks don't seems to make such to me cos of the competition of not been the only wholesaler island(mandelas pardon d spelling if not correct). What I can say is that its more ok than webdesigning or watever u call it.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by tonididdy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Both are good buisnes's but the web dev thing in Nigeria-i don't knw hw mega it is.

My cousn who schoold in ukraine has customers he creatd websites for that pay him 300,000naira every sept of every year or your website shot down.

Now imagine if u had 8-10 jobs like that.,that been said tho ”your friend can do both jobs”
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rexnegro:

Bro I stand to say the 50k profit per day is relatively not true , but if u re a wholesaler fine u can make such amount when u have a large number of retailer coming on a daily basis to buy one or two tinz from u. I run my own retail cloth store with a very reasonable and unbeatable prices cos I don't pay for the shop(my dad built it in front of our crib so am using one of it), our family friend who supply me stocks don't seems to make such to me cos of the competition of not been the only wholesaler island(mandelas pardon d spelling if not correct). What I can say is that its more ok than webdesigning or watever u call it.
Is alright, at least you were honest enough to say that it is ok than webdesigning.

Nmeri17:
like play like play people are actually comparing o. for God's sake op was just trolling . is cloth selling even an occupation like, on yo voter's card occupation u write "bend down selecter" angry
and for those of u saying u can combine both. Lol. do y'all think LEARNING web design is like attending night school for ist school leaving certificate?? not to talk of practicing. he didnt even compare it with banking. y'all sound ignorant or misinformed at best. Tony go just dey laugh una for house. smh
*dog walks and unfollows thread cool
Is web designer you wrote in your voters card or self-employed? That will be another topic for FP another day anyway.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by larryozomah(m): 2:42am On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:
In Warri, Web development isnt lucrative.
We struggle to get clients here especially if you are a freelancer.
If you get a job of 20k.
You better give your testimony in church.
Lol.... i tell you my broda
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by okz22(m): 2:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Website design
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by okz22(m): 2:51am On Dec 16, 2014
larryozomah:

lol
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by akinladejo: 4:19am On Dec 16, 2014
dhtml18:
As we all know Lagos metropolis is a very good place in Nigeria for business especially website design and cloth selling.

I have someone I am trying to advice on which one is better to invest your time and money in Lagos state (I am very specific).

Imagine a big time cloth seller in say the popular Balogun market versus someone who has a web design shop somewhere in Lagos.

And I see some of these posters for 5k, 10k websites in Lagos, meanwhile I am aware (as a result of some research) that some cloth sellers make 50k profits and above DAILY IN LAGOS.

Learning cloth trading does not take much time to learn, however, it might take you several years to perfect the website development techniques. Getting quality jobs is another cause of concern - In my time I have seen so many web development companies start up in big big places in lagos - allen avenue, ikeja only to fold up after a short time with the owners in heavy debts and in some instances on the run from the police (I can cite many examples, but i dont want to be mentioning names). Of course there are some web companies that are still thriving mind you.

In case you are wondering what I do in Lagos, it is freelance website developments (web apps, softwares and mobile apps but the market seem to be more for web apps).

So which one will you take and why?

Disclaimer: I am not planning to retire to selling clothes mind you (I will rather pack-up from Lagos and go back to my village as a farmer).

Hello dotimi I want to design a site can pls reach me on 08034299085
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:58am On Dec 16, 2014
larryozomah:

you stay in warri?
All these clients wicked sha
Them go go Lagos go find one company wey go help them design website.
Is it that they find us incompetent?
Well am living that student life living off 10k and 15k jobs.
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by larryozomah(m): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

you stay in warri?
All these clients wicked sha
Them go go Lagos go find one company wey go help them design website.
Is it that they find us incompetent?
Well am living that student life living off 10k and 15k jobs.

As in eh, it will even look like we are begging to help them.....imagine. Relocated to Asaba sha......more into social media
Re: Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2014
larryozomah:

As in eh, it will even look like we are begging to help them.....imagine. Relocated to Asaba sha......more into social media
exactly...
My main aim is to get clients that are not based in warri

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Funny Facebook Statuses / Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? / The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.