Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is Age A Big Deal? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Age A Big Deal? (14963 Views)

Is Age Barrier An Issue In Marital Relationship / The Age A Girl Should Get Disvirgined Before It's Too Late! / Is Age A Barrier In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Oba20(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Personaly I see as a thing of the mind and also maturity with understanding. if they are truly in love with each other he should go ahead and marry her. Presently my own proposed wife to be is older than me.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
ignis:
Ideally, the guy should be about 5 years older than the lady. If the lady is older than the guy, the guy will risk always being asked if her wife is her aunt after 2 or 3 delivery.

Note : When you compare male and female of same age, the female always look older ( especially without makeup).
It does'nt apply to all cases.My state ex-governor's wife is two yrs older than him, yet she looks much younger and fresher than him even after three teenage kids.Its about body maintainance & healthy living,that's all.Am talking of Donald Duke & wife.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by condralbede(m): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
op ...u sure nobi u be d guywell age is just a number,if u guys understand una self,no need to para!!!
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by youngice(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
ignis:
Ideally, the guy should be about 5 years older than the lady. If the lady is older than the guy, the guy will risk always being asked if her wife is her aunt after 2 or 3 delivery.

Note : When you compare male and female of same age, the female always look older ( especially without makeup).
that's all
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
dudemax:
Dear Nairalanders, u know i always run to u guys when gbese dey. Pls help advise a friend who is in urgent need of it. I have dis friend who is in love with his girl, I tink dey both love each oda soo much especially the girl. But the problem now b say he found out dat the girl is 2yrs older Dan him. cry nd judgin from wia he is comin from I tink dia mite b wahala if he decides to let his pipol knw abt it. His question now is, should he go ahead marrying her? Does age really matter? Nd d funny tin is dat dis my guy has always being a strong critic of the above topic. He has always believed dat guys should be older Dan dia ladies. Now d tin don dey happen to am.. (Lol) cheesy pls guys wots ur take on dis, cos an introduction suppose happen dis December. Ur advise is urgently needed weda good or bad. Uncle seun pls help push dis topic. It's urgent!!!
If she has cash...no issue!
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
enkay4love:
It does'nt apply to all cases.My state ex-governor's wife is two yrs older than him, yet she looks much younger and fresher than him even after three teenage kids.Its about body maintainance & healthy living,that's all.Am talking of Donald Duke & wife.
Cash dey and Donald cld still be sampling outside...
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by omotolsy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
I have walked this road before so i speak out of experience, i never did marry her though. The male would pick on every little thing thing cos he would be defensive unknowingly. Why hold unto something you could regret when there is alot of younger females out there that are even matured. If you marry a younger woman shes definately gonna be rude not to talk of an older woman cos thats just the way they are wired. My brother face it. wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by ozoebuka1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
@poster ask Google.com... mtcheww
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by myhero4eva: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
he shuld try and kn what he wants because she already did kn wat she wanted. Bet me, any lady dat marries a younger man as lng as she loves him, she wil respect him against all odds. So he shuld stop being sargastical...
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by 4C2215131: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hazardd:
My friend sad
age is just a number

I see, tell me friend, would you marry a girl you're older than with twenty years?
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Okey8122(m): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Age doesn't really matter so far there is mutual respect for each other
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by ozoebuka1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:
It may not be a problem for many other guys, but it is obviously very important to him, so I don't think the marriage will work. Every time she does something that seems disrespectful to him, he will think it's because of her age. Marriage is "forever", so don't settle for "less"
dude it doesn't matter because in current Nigeria girls are busy changing their ages and guys are busy believing those changed ages to be their real age... u can marry a woman Who tells u that she's just 25 "and that also reflects in her birth certificate " but in sincerity she's 30yrs of age...if u marry this gal, u will have in ya subconsciousness that she's younger than u and thus u will be comfortable with her..... in conclusion just pretend that she's younger than u and u you'd be fine, afterall age is just a number.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by deasy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
I just pray that relationship/marriage issues over here, won't be the way it is in the western world... To me, i'd say...there's a reason why GOD the author of the first relationship/marriage created the Man first, while the Woman was hidden in him until it was time for her to be revealed. I believe this points to Age difference between a man and his wife.
Man should be older not the woman.

1 Like

Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by CONTROLi(m): 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
IMHO AGE Is Very Important Ohh.. I Can't Marry A Woman Older Than Me..
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by amenota(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Honestly, it is nt as difficult as u think! My current girlfriend iss 26 and I am 23 and we are both aware of dis fact! We have had series of misunderstandings based on dis age difference in time past but when it really matter the most, we have never let go of the fact that we love eachother deeply! I can proudly say I am a better man than I used to be. See, its a thing of the mind and the self development of each party! I am in mine because I no I can handly the lady in question and she respects me like no man's business!! Its a matter of choice! Let the truth in you guide you
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by germainediva(f): 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=JeffreyJamez post=28865534]Africans will be carrying age on their head like what I don't know......if he doesn't want he should leave the girl alone and stop wasting her time. MATURITY NO BE BY AGE. if there is love and respect and mutual understanding this shouldn't be an issue.....but the ego of "African man" would let them see road... mchew

Jeff. Ds ur coment s so matured wll like t no u more
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
Some people do pretend like is nothing but I tell you ,is actually some thing, imagine marrying a girl that is older than you,after second issue the girl will look your mother, for me the girl I will marry most be very younger,at least second to my age grade(5years younger )age really matter for me, no pretends but only truth. For Girls ,imagine a girl at 20 marry a man of 35 to 40 and after some few years the man will be already weak, or eventually dies,girl or lady think of the amount of suffering you will encounter as a young widow,age really really matter, you marry your age grade you will enjoy marriage

1 Like

Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by gal10(f): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
It takes 2 to tango... My uncle married someone 3yrs his senior and we never knew untill last two years when she passed on.. They lived and loved peacefully for 31 years.. We always look forward to visiting them cause they were just too cute together. I was shocked when she passed on and i saw d burial program n poster.. So op like i said it takes 2to tango... Age is in d mind..infact most of my closest friends that i look up to for advice in distress are my juniors and they're d best but u never know their age except u see a document involving age.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Hazardd(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
4C2215131:

I see, tell me friend, would you marry a girl you're older than with twenty years?

Of course!

I repeat,age is just a number
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Stephxoblessed(f): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
Pls o age is not just number.If it is just number why dnt you marry a two year old?.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
[quote author=germainediva post=28909531][/quote]

Lol you're joking ba?
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by santos876(m): 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hazardd:
My friend sad
age is just a number
dats it bro age iz just a number.some pple shud deal wif dat fact
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by AndreRose(f): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
dmjinc:
l'âge ne est rien mais un nombre...you get my point?? grin grin
Yah I do..lol
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by dvstan: 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Age is mere number... I'm a testimony. My wife is older than i am... We have been happily married for 8yrs now. I couldn't have asked God for a better wife!
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by blakky97(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
dudemax:
Dear Nairalanders, u know i always run to u guys when gbese dey. Pls help advise a friend who is in urgent need of it. I have dis friend who is in love with his girl, I tink dey both love each oda soo much especially the girl. But the problem now b say he found out dat the girl is 2yrs older Dan him. cry nd judgin from wia he is comin from I tink dia mite b wahala if he decides to let his pipol knw abt it. His question now is, should he go ahead marrying her? Does age really matter? Nd d funny tin is dat dis my guy has always being a strong critic of the above topic. He has always believed dat guys should be older Dan dia ladies. Now d tin don dey happen to am.. (Lol) cheesy pls guys wots ur take on dis, cos an introduction suppose happen dis December. Ur advise is urgently needed weda good or bad. Uncle seun pls help push dis topic. It's urgent!!!
not a problem.
but he must not cheat when he sets his eyes on the cuter smallies
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by UjSizzle(f): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
tooltip:
chai! aunty you did not waste your good head in school, na your type i go like marry even if say you senior me sef .....because e be like say you no go gree me waste money embarassed
are you an economist or accountant ?
Lol both actually grin
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by tempem: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

You find me wey you no see me lol
Na 3xam things, Missing lanicky's thread.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
tempem:

Na 3xam things, Missing lanicky's thread.

LOl na everytime you dey write exam?
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Cashio(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
hushmail:
age is a thing of d mind

u r as old as u feel

actually i have seen a guy that married d midwife that gave birth to him

since ur been dey chop d yam, d age no bother him, why e dey bother him when introduction don reach?

But if him no dey comfortable time still dey for ben johnson
bro u telling me age is just a state of mind? i strongly oppose dat.
nomatter how u try, u can neva defy age. but two years gap is not that bad
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by kings52: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
KINGS MUSIC PROMOTERS Inc. (K.M.P)
If u want to promote your music to another level. Just call me on 08035125115. And believe me, your music will enter market over night. We promote upcoming artist by d help of God. @08035125115. Or email me @kingspromotersrep@ yahoo.com.
Address: No 10 New Nyanya rd, opp. St. Anthony.
Thanks
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by 4C2215131: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mprex:
Age is just a number. If the only problem he has with the lady is her age, then i dont think there is a problem

Very well. Might I ask you a question, can you get married to a guy who's 18-20 years older than you? Carrying out my own research on the "Age Aint Nothing But A Number" thing.
Re: Is Age A Big Deal? by Mishydoo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is Africa! Here,Age is everything....frm who shares d meat in d pot to who first choses d plate of served food, to who breaks d kolanut, to who speaks/leads in a meeting,...it our heritage and part of our culture.Here,Respect comes with age...and our african women are trained to respect age.DNT BE DECIEVED,!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your New Year Resolution With Respect To Love Relationship? / Dating Asian And Latino Men: ? / Small Boy Wins 146 Million In Bet9ja PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.