Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? (16066 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage? / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by popp(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Career is much more important cos dia is an adage dt says dt; u hv to secure d ground befo looking for d mat

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by sylaz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
ellechrystal:

B it men or women, I think ur marriage is more important.
What type of men have you been seeing? cry
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by sukkot: 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
none. freedom should come first. those two options are bondage grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by sylaz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
All about that career..

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by fpeter(f): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
Okijajuju1:
#Subjective. ....

Okija u still dey?
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by dubaiprince: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Its tough I must say, they are two important issues. For the unmarried ones, career is it. buh for the married, both are equally important.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by DoTheNeedful: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Whichever will make you happier. However,i think balancing both is the best. If you choose career over marriage,warmth of family,you are like to appear happy but you are likely to die unhappy with many regrets
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by ellechrystal(f): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
sylaz:
What type of men have you been seeing? cry
Excuse me..right thinking men.dont get it twisted.i meant if u r married, then ur marriage should com first.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
fpeter:

Okija u still dey?

Juju never dies.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Ilekeh(f): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Career.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by fpeter(f): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Juju never dies.. grin

Compliments,Merry Christmas in advance consider visiting a church this season grin
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by 2scorehigh(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Honestly speaking, in my own opinion, for men it's career first but for women it could be in any order although I'd always prefer a career woman for marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Ilekeh(f): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
dubaiprince:
Its tough I must say, they are two important issues. For the unmarried ones, career is it. buh for the married, both are equally important.

Perfect answer.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
fpeter:

Compliments,Merry Christmas in advance consider visiting a church this season grin

Compliments of the season to you too..

And on the issue of visiting a Church, I will take that under advisement.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by ariyebaba(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
My Career,...........................................

My Sustenance,...................................

My Success,.......................................

Ask DonJazzy,Dbanj & co

Ask my brothers from the East.

grin
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by lilmax(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
For a man career first cus without it you cannot provide for your family

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by scribble: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
bukatyne:
Depends on individuals and what their goals are:

Some are not interested in a career or a family cheesy

Lol. That's what the feminist movement wants you to think. If you had money already, from birth, you would want a family. It's poor folk, angry and resentful people, or money miss road people that downgrade the importance of a family.

In my opinion grin
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Edusouls(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
men should be more carrer minded,because they are the providers and naturaly that was how it is from the begining, women should be focused and more interested in marriage and keeping the home, making his man happy. When this fact was twisted by the western education and feminism, the effect can be see everywhere, families exploding into bits, increased abortion, frequent failed homes,because the woman does not know his place and role again in the home. They think their homes are offices, where your rank is according to your certificate..
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by collitexnaira(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Build your career first, then marriage will have a place to dwell

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by abbey621(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
Part of being an adult is learning how to balance all things to work for the greater good. Married people must learn to balance their marriage and career. One must not affect the other, in a typical Nigerian society, the man is the workhorse so naturally he should be more career minded and the woman the home builder, she would be more concerned about the welfare of her marriage but when the situation is reversed, men must learn to be understanding cos at the end of the day all that matters is survival, if my child or children don't have food to eat and their mother is the only person that can get some type of income then as a man I would support her career and try to understand.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by bukatyne(f): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
scribble:

Lol. That's what the feminist movement wants you to think. If you had money already, from birth, you would want a family. It's poor folk, angry and resentful people, or money miss road people that downgrade the importance of a family.

In my opinion grin

Feminism undecided

What's with NL peeps and the obsession with it?

I said some people do not fancy a career; some do not fancy marriage so where is feminism coming in

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Definitely career. I agree with you, OP.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
ellechrystal:

B it men or women, I think ur marriage is more important.
Even d bible says it. After God, ur spouse if u r married
.Marriage is one of d best gifts God has given to man. It's so beautiful, n that's y d devil does anything possible to fight it.
That's y d rate of divorce is alarming.
D state of Marriage affects d society either positively or negatively.because it affects the mentality of d children in it. Hence, builds their thinking ability n character.n these kids go into d society n act according to how they were trained.
The state of our society today started from the families o.ppl display exactly what they were taught by who raised them.

ladies and there mentality... Una lyk marriage lyk weyrey... U think life its all abt marriage., what a young man needs to do nw is to focus on his career and do the needful then after he has finished with his goal tat wen marriage comes to play.

@sist i can't see my darling wife suffering dat y i focused on my career.. Pls preach marriage t ur fellow female
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by bukatyne(f): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
Besides, some peeps are mixing up career and earning a living.

I can see a lot of peeps saying men should be career geared while women should gear towards marriage

career
/kəˈrɪə/
noun
noun: career; plural noun: careers
1. an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.

"he seemed destined for a career as an engineer like his father"

"he spent three years training for a business career"

Someone can earn a living without been career minded.

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by RaeMystix: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
First my career, then comes marriage and then children.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by TrishaP(f): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Both should be number one priority.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by hayoakins(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Career cos' it will pay the bills.

No L cheesy V E without Cash

1 Like

Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by ellechrystal(f): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
OgagaMic:

ladies and there mentality... Una lyk marriage lyk weyrey... U think life its all abt marriage., what a young man needs to do nw is to focus on his career and do the needful then after he has finished with his goal tat wen marriage comes to play.

@sist i can't see my darling wife suffering dat y i focused on my career.. Pls preach marriage t ur fellow female
Err mm mr I don't n will never think life is about marriage. Stand correct first of all.
If u do not totally comprehend my comment, b free to ask questions n reduce d level of conclusion.
Marriage is very important even d bible says so.
I didn't n will never b a party to silly advice or any sort.
In as much as marriage is important, our career which is d bed rock of our destinies is as well important.
But u should know where to place which. N u should understand ur priorities.if it's before marriage, oh ur career is ur priority, but after ur priority changes.
Look at marriages where their career is placed first, it crumbles like a house without a strong foundation.
This mentality of career first in marriages is d leading factor fueling d rate of divorce. U should know how to strike a balance. Ur marriage has to do with ur husband/wife n kids.. if u put ur career first, then expect a certain result n vice versa.
As me, wen am married, my family is first. N this doesn't make me a lazy wife or a house wife, I am a working class lady n as well own a business. M not d lazy type n don't encourage ladies in that vane.n so will continue make more money even in marriage.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by Metasophia(f): 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
For some women marriage is their career.they are working tooth and nail to establish it.ones they've got a good marriage. its finished.
Re: Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? by fairheven: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
MarvellousGod:
I always wanted to get a job/start a career before settling down, because I have this fear that married women are discriminated in Nigeria Job market as a result of pregnancy issues, etc...Who wants to employ a pregnant woman or someone who will get pregnant within few months of employment? . So for me, career first, then family. ..

But if work no come and my age is driving towards menopause, I go quickly marry ooo, can't lose on both sides grin grin grin cheesy

And who says you must start "production" of kids after marriage?so you don't need to be pregnant within few months of employment as u said.u can stay for years after marriage,without having kids an still be happy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / Water Sacrifice / Advice Needed On Movement Restriction Of Grown Female Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.