Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] (29444 Views)

Funniest Nigerian Boxer Ever! / Ex-Nigerian Goalkeeper Peter Rufai Is Hospitalized / Late Nigerian Boxer - Young Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by onatisi(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Something isn't right about this guy story,he is hidding many details. This man looks like a trouble maker.and besides why didn't he try to better himself in terms of education and skill acquisition? Why does he have to rely or wait for govt before moving on with life?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by martin92(m): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
daris God oh
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by TDstarr: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
babyosisi:

In the USA?
No high school or college athlete is paid a dime for playing sports
Quote me
That will mean outright dismissal of that team plus sanctioning
That is a fat lie
The most they can get is free college tuition and accommodation in school
shes on germany, i did not say us
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
Blurr:
Heya, him no born any pikin nie?

Meaning
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigerians....always waiting for someone to come to their rescue undecided
Pick yourself up, bro.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
TDstarr:
shes on germany, i did not say us

Ok
You said USA in your first post so I assumed you were still on USA
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by peter4d2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hw I wish all dis bloody politicians public office holders old or new gets dissolved n banned 4rm active politics cos putting a gud egg in btw bad ones wuld invariable gets polluted.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by onatisi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
sauer:
Nigerians....always waiting for someone to come to their rescue undecided
Pick yourself up, bro.
bro, someone will come and say it is all gej fault that this man is jobless . Just wait and see.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by elbinmanny(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
is he related to Buhari...they look alike undecided
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by filola31: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Mr peters take heart and keep prayin to God he wud come 2 ur aid. Dnt mind dis useless country of ours. Same tin they did 2 rashidi yekeni
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by flexing11(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
berem:
I hate reading stories like this. So sad!
dat is life 4 u, ups a*d dow*,
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by oliidell(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
@TheRealMrStan....Whoever has his details should nominate him for 'who deserves to be a millionnaire'

This is very pathetic. There shud be a special pension for National heroes
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by onatisi(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
filola31:
Mr peters take heart and keep prayin to God he wud come 2 ur aid. Dnt mind dis useless country of ours. Same tin they did 2 rashidi yekeni
what the hell are u talking about? Where are his mates that went to the games together? Did they wait for the goverment before bettering their lives? So it was govt that made him not to proceed and futher his education ?do u know that we are talking about 30 years ago! Since the time of buhari ,I am sure things were a lot easier then than now. You should be asking the man what he has been doing with his time all these years. He is the architect of his life failures. Nobody will take any blame for that. Just like ibb said never be afraid to take a decision ,posterity will forgive you if you take the wrong one but posterity will never forgive you if you decide not to take any decision at all. This man decided to waste 30years of his life and you are here blaming govt!!!! Jeezzzzzz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Obijulius: 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
I have noticed that every so-called HERO from the South West seems to end up badly, I don't know why but I have observed this trend:

MKO Abiola and his family

Fela Kuti

Ayodele Peters

Majek Fashek

Tafa Balogun

Obafemi Awolowo

Bola Tinubu

Benjamin Adekunle

Olusegun Obasanjo...gradually running mad

And the list goes on...

This is not meant to be an insult oooo, just my observation. But if you feel like throwing tantrums then your name will likely be added to the list ..... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Obijulius: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
onatisi:
bro, someone will come and say it is all gej fault that this man is jobless . Just wait and see.

Of course.

GEJ has neglected the SouthWest
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by calabaman(m): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigga44:
Is that Alomo bitters?

ur eye sharp o
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by AreaFada2: 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
babyosisi:

Thank you
A classic example is Mike Tyson
No boxer has made as much millions in dollars as he
Where is he now?
There are former NFL players living on the streets
People can't blame others for their poor planning

My dear, there are many reasons.

Family background matters. Suppose he had many family members to look after while things were good.

There wasn't much money in sports or entertainment back then. Take late Ginringory of new masquerade for example.

Mr Peters was dismissed from civil service at level 7. Then also his finger injury.

In 9ja, it doesn't take much to go down if unlucky. Anywhere in fact.

When I go to 9ja, I see many people who were "big men" by the standards of then. Now they rely on house rent from their properties, which is their saving grace.

Na by Grace of God o.

ANYWAY, let us assist MR. PETERS.

TEHNs, over to you.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by EzeeYFB(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Chai....smh
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by emmykk(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
holatin:
Nigeria where heroes are forgotten and thief are given presidential pardon and post.
Nigeria is weeping seriously.
is like mikel obi going broke tomoro,and you tell me hero is forgotten,didnt nigeria pay him while he boxed or play football?
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Omotall:
alomo ko,osomo ni grin

Look at the table very well , you'll see a little bottle with a yellow cap
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Missmossy(f): 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
Eeyah lipsrsealed he looks shrivelled and downtrodden. OMA se oo.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Yusluv77(m): 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
YOU WANT TO MAKE HEAVEN?
I want to make heaven, the key is being TRUTHFUL.
When your brother is lying, tell him he is lying. Be
truthful!
When your brother is clueless, tell him his clueless.
Be truthful!
When your brother has failed, tell him he has
failed. Be truthful!
When your brother belong to the wrong click, tell
him he is in the wrong boat. Be truthful!
When your brother is among those killing and
destroying Nigeria, tell him to his face. Be truthful.
When your brother belong to a political party that
has destroyed Nigeria for 16 years, and he come
seeking for your vote, tell him NO! Be truthful!
PDP said "#Buhari has Nothing to offer."
They are very funny! Adams Oshimole changed
EDO State which PDP raped and strangled for 10
years, to glory within a space of 3 years.
PDP met PMS at N 20 per litter, since 1999 till date,
they have increased the price to N 97 per litter. All
the money they have realized from its sell as well
as the confused leader subsidy removal, what has
happened to it? Question of the week to all die
hard PDPites.
We gave PDP 16 years to build refinery, till today
Nigeria import PMS. What happened to all our
money?
Security is what they can't offer, PDP have
demoralized Nigerian Police and Soldiers to a
colossal extent. A policeman or soldier will die in
service to his country, PDP government and cohort
will not pay the money due him to his family
members. The children and wives of these people
suffer! No social welfare security for such family.
We gave PDP 16 years to give us light, they have
change name without improving the quality of
their services to the Country. Power sector so-
called has being a cesspit for wastage of public
funds. No probe, no light.
PDP has the gust to say "Buhari has nothing to
offer"
May God judge you all deceiving GEJ that he has
something to offer! For 6 years GEJ promised
"Fresh Air" he has practically polluted us with
death through all manner, corruption without
probe of offenders, unemployment and poverty
creation.
I have never met Buhari, I am not a Muslim,
neither am from the North. But from afar, I see a
true father to 170 million Children. I see a father
that is ready to defend his households, I see a
father who will work hard under the sun and rain
to put the best clothes on his children's body!
Whenever I see BUHARI Picture, I SEE CHANGE, I
SEE A TRUE LEADER!!!
#BUHARI2015 THE CHANGE WE SEEK!!!
BE TRUTHFUL!!! WHETHER NORTH, SOUTH, EAST,
OR WEST! SAY NO TO PDP, SAY NO TO RIGGING,
SAY NO TO POVERTY CREATION!
BUHARI2015, THE CHANGE WE SEEK!
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Samabu07(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
Too pathetic to hear. He should be on pension. When he dies that's when Ogun State would come up with some frivolous spending all in the name of Owambe.

We need to respect senior and tired citizens of our nation.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by ASL33: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
He no get pickin? All the money he made while boxing where did he spend them. I believe owambe every weekend.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Aitee1: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
elbinmanny:
is he related to Buhari...they look alike undecided

Asuk asueng ur president to be... cheesy cheesy
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
holatin:

Paid or not, what will happen if he is in charge of training up coming boxers while under nbf

The man was terminated by his state's sports council,do we know what he could have done to be fired?
Maybe he was boxing his superiors and they showed him the door grin

Why didn't he remain in his home state of Ogun
Rather than live in this squalor in Lagos
Must he live in Lagos?
Didn't fashola see him when he was deporting destitutes from Ogun?

People cannot expect the government to do everything for them

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by holatin(m): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
babyosisi:

The man was terminated by his state's sports council,do we know what he could have done to be fired?
Maybe he was boxing his superiors and they showed him the door grin

Why didn't he remain in his home state of Ogun
Rather than live in this squalor in Lagos
Must he live in Lagos?
Didn't fashola see him when he was deporting destitutes from Ogun?

People cannot expect the government to do everything for them

those question will be answered if you can ask him personally

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by newacca: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
These days, boxers need to be enlighten and educated. Having said that, they need good managers. Baba, I feel your condition. It's a lesson for upcoming champions.
As we say in our gym:Ija wa, ija o si(whether there is a challenge or not), always guide up.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by prophetfire: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
The evil powers of his father's house have dealt with him.
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Tattooboy: 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigga44:
Is that Alomo bitters?
kinda
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by Sunbassen(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2014
If he managed all the funds well, he shouldn't be living in an uncompleted building (not even owned by him). I sighted a bottle of 'Kasaprekko' Alomo bitters on his table...Hmmm
Re: Ex-Nigerian Boxer, Ayodele Peters Lives In Abject Poverty [photos] by kayalla(f): 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
but wat did he do with his money and time? they always think it be will be forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbadebo Samson Celebrates Birthday In Style (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala scores brace as Barcelona humiliate Madrid 4-0 / These Guys Won FIFA U16 Maiden Edition On This Date 1985 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.