Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - (2142 Views)

Nigeria Delegation At UN Gen Assembly In New York (Photos) / Buhari Meets With Members Of The 8th National Assembly In Abuja (photo) / National Assembly In Darkness (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by atlwireles: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2014
LAGOS — An agreement to establish a vehicle assembly plant in Nigeria has been signed between global automobile manufacturer Volkswagen Group and regional conglomerate, Stallion Group
This will mark a historic return of the German car maker after more than 20 years of their departure following the collapse of their joint venture with the Federal Government leading to the closure of their manufacturing facility in Lagos and the subsequent sale of government shares to the Stallion Group.
In line with the new auto policy announced by the Federal Government in October 2013, the collaboration between the Volkswagen Group and Stallion will result in local assembly of prime Volkswagen brands in Nigeria.
Stallion will assemble the Jetta, Volkswagen CC, and Amarok models during the initial phase, followed by the Passat, Tiguan and other models in subsequent phases.
The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe.
The Group operates 107 production plants in 19 European countries and a further eight countries in the Americas, Asia and Africa. The Volkswagen Group sells its vehicles in 153 countries.
Stallion Group is already the exclusive distributor for several brands of the Volkswagen Group including Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, and Porsche.
Stallion Group is a multinational conglomerate with a 45-year history operating in Nigeria and in 18 countries and is engaged in diversified industries.
Commenting on the partnership, Stallion’s Chairman Sunil Vaswani said “This is a proud moment for Stallion in partnering with a world-leading global brand like Volkswagen.
He said further that “Stallion is fully committed to achieving its objectives in establishing assembly operations in Nigeria, and expanding into other aspects of the automotive industry value chain.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/volkswagen-stallion-begin-vehicle-assembly-nigeria/#sthash.IWvJa0rK.dpuf

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by temitemi1(m): 12:40am On Dec 15, 2014
Welcome back... GEJ is really changing the face of Nigeria from state of d disarray that our past leaders left it. GEJ one morE time!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by tit(f): 12:46am On Dec 15, 2014
how many nigerians are working for VW?

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by GBTYO: 12:51am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:
how many nigerians are working for VW?

How many men have you slept with?

Does that question sound irrelevant and out of place?

If Yes, then GOOD!

Do you expect VW plant to employ every unemployed individual?

The fact that we have a functional automobile assembly plant operating after so many years lying fallow and employing Nigerians again is testament that this administration is attracting the much needed investment and resuscitating a moribund sector.

10 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by tit(f): 1:00am On Dec 15, 2014
GBTYO:

How many men have you slept with?

Does that question sound irrelevant and out of place?

If Yes, then GOOD!

Do you expect VW plant to employ every unemployed individual?

The fact that we have a functional automobile assembly plant operating after so many years lying fallow and employing Nigerians again is testament that this administration is attracting the much needed investment and resuscitating a moribund sector.

mumuinu,
i asked a very relevant question.
how many Nigerians have been gainfully employed by this VW plant?
Is it 10 people?
100?
How many others are employed in the value chain?
From those clearing the needed parts at the ports to the mama put providing services at the plant gate.

you dey find my trouble naw.
if i face you, you cannot pay the retusa.
just go and drink yar ogogoro in peace.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by GBTYO: 1:03am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

mumuinu,
i asked a very relevant question.
how many Nigerians have been gainfully employed by this VW plant?
Is it 10 people?
100?
How many others are employed in the value chain?
From those clearing the needed parts at the ports to the mama put providing services at the plant gate.

you dey find my trouble naw.
if i face you, you cannot pay the retusa.
just go and drink yar ogogoro in peace.

I will answer your question when you answer my question on how many men have slept with you.

6 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by tit(f): 1:08am On Dec 15, 2014
GBTYO:

I will answer your question when you answer my question on how many men have slept with you.

I is a virgin.
angry angry angry
old things have passed away.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by GBTYO: 1:17am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

I is a virgin.
angry angry angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by belamour(m): 1:37am On Dec 15, 2014
Good News but i beg i no see where dem talk about Vacancy... embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Turbocharged: 2:31am On Dec 15, 2014
Let the progress continue

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by tit(f): 2:34am On Dec 15, 2014
belamour:
Good News but i beg i no see where dem talk about Vacancy... embarassed

that Gbyty must have fill his relations in the factory.
you no see as him dey attack me?
poor girls don suffer.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 15, 2014
let the real progress continue
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by fyneguy: 2:57am On Dec 15, 2014
grin grin grin Keep throwing fake news at us, with the hope of changing our minds. We can't wait for February to come to do the needful.
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Rikidony(m): 5:23am On Dec 15, 2014
GEJ IS A GOD SENT WE SHALL GET THERE, SOON THE GERMAN TIGERS ARE COMING (BMW)

GEJTILL2019 cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by chymystique(f): 5:28am On Dec 15, 2014
A very good and commendable effort by FG... Its well with Nigeria cool

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 15, 2014
PEJ for ever!
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Reddit: 5:38am On Dec 15, 2014
I would rather stick with the devil I know....

Well done GEJ

GEJ till 2019...

9 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by emirateprince: 5:41am On Dec 15, 2014
Yeye
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 15, 2014
Welcome back on board..

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by luvinhubby(m): 5:46am On Dec 15, 2014
Pleasant news, thumbs up for GEJ & Nigerians for this.
Some people's day has been spoilt by this piece of information.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by onatisi(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2014
fyneguy:
grin grin grin Keep throwing fake news at us, with the hope of changing our minds. We can't wait for February to come to do the needful.
if you are blind and dumb to read and understand simple english others aren't. What sort of fake news are u refering to? Have u cross checked to see whether it I'd true or not. Mumu

7 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by onatisi(m): 6:01am On Dec 15, 2014
chymystique:
A very good and commendable effort by FG... Its well with Nigeria cool
govt policy is to reduce the importation of cars, with the rate at which these companies are willing and opening their assembly plants in nigeria and the new increased custom duty on imported cars ,people will have no choice but to patronize locally assembled cars in nigeria .with the way things are going the cost of brand new cars will go down within a short period of time.

7 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Kingspin(m): 6:15am On Dec 15, 2014
They will not see this. You know urselves.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by RockMaxi: 6:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Reddit:
I would rather stick with the devil I know....

Well done GEJ

GEJ till 2019...

embarassed embarassed

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by tafrica(m): 7:47am On Dec 15, 2014
I always feel sorry for PGEJ. He's trying his best to transform the nation's economy that has collapsed for decade but people want sudden transformation. Imagine people asking how many nigerians have been employed in a yet-to-commence industry.
Do people even know the long time benefits of feats like these? Cheap cars and employment opportunities.
I wish nigeria well and great.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by otokx(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2014
Another big big talk, show us the assembly line and the car produced thereof and tell us the price then we shall talk further.
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by onatisi(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2014
otokx:
Another big big talk, show us the assembly line and the car produced thereof and tell us the price then we shall talk further.
put ur brain to task and stop been stupid.READ THE ARTICLE

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by Morkavictor: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2014
Good development.Nigeria is working.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by atlwireles: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
otokx:

Did you even read the story?

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by otokx(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
atlwireles:

Did you even read the story?

We have been reading the story since 1999 and the stories remain in the story book.
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by atlwireles: 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
otokx:

We have been reading the story since 1999 and the stories remain in the story book.

A trip to Ojo lagos will not be a bad idea. At least you can see with your own eyes.
Re: Volkswagen, Finally Returns, Begins Vehicle Assembly In Nigeria Again - by karlmax2: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
atlwireles:

A trip to Ojo lagos will not be a bad idea. At least you can see with your own eyes.
how would he when his in a cave in one rumu in choba

(1) (Reply)

What Ibb Told Gej When The Latter Visited The Former. / Tinubu Would Have Been In Jail By Now – Fani-kayode / He Called Buhari "Quarter To The Grave" But Now, He Is Dead!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.