Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG (25805 Views)

Nigeria’s First Ever High-speed Rail Is Finally Here / An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigeria High Commision In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG by olajide8(m): 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
londoner:

You may have misread the article. It is not highlighting the trains, its is actually highlighting [b] the rail network[/b]. Which is the trans Nigeria track, that will FINALLY connect the regions of Nigeria. Connect all those cities mentioned, with 54 new stations.

That is what the vidoes and pics are highlighting the railway network, not really the trains to be used on them.

If you dont think its a good ides, fine. I do, because I live and have visited places that have good rail networks for people and goods, so I can appreciate their value. That is whether the trains were high speed or not.

Even the Uk, are embarking on a high seed railway, which is going to take 20 years. This is even though they have one of the most extensive and active rail networks in the world. Maybe by the time it is complete in 20 years, it will be obsolete (by that I think people mean, not the latest thing in vogue or in use). The railways that have been in the UK for hundreds of years are, and will still be in use, they will not be simply replaced by the new network.

So what makes railway lines fast class* a rail track is a rail track and they are all standard around the world - if the tracks are world class then we are lost* and they still continue to deceive us even in this modern times-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.