Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,383 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Why You Should Cook For Your Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner (14124 Views)

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? / Can You Date A Girl That Won't Cook For You? / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am not "succinctly" supporting this, I am only trying to clarify some misconceptions

*Having mused on this issue, I am yet to find anywhere it goes against the principles by which the society cohere.
*I also believe that cooking should be an art/hobby ; one which women should be adept in. That way, we don't look @it as a chore, something to beguile him with or hold it against him.
*A lady should know a relationship that is worth slicing vegetable and onions for (i.e) don't go cooking for every random dude.
*There should be a limit to everything- this isn't an exception. Don't go over-playing the "wife role" and end up with the short end of the stick.
*If he doesn't want/appreciate it -don't do it.

Good Food is The Way to A Man's Heart: I grew up hearing this from my mum and I would always ask her "Is it every man that likes food?"...lolz. She said the average (Nigerian) man does. The only way you would be interested in the way to his heart, is if you care....I guess, as a supplementary reason, it's ok to say, cooking meals for him, shows you care...innih? hahaha.

A Good Woman is Frugal: Now, please don't get it twisted ; I am not saying them Kilimanjaro and Genesis babes ain't good. I am only saying, the economy is hard,you know'.....so, why spend all that money on something you can cook for less? I see nothing wrong in eating out once in a while and as a when due. To get a closure on your expenditure, you can start keeping receipts of your bills @ top notch restaurants , you'd be amazed on what you have spent so far. E fit reach to buy land sef. I think every "normal man"...appreciates a frugal woman.

What better way to regulate your diets/intake?: [This reminds me of a thread, that was centred on a Nairalander who ate in a restaurant and fell sick after.] That could have been your partner *shines teeth*
I really don't trust any food that wasn't prepared by me, let alone the one I didn't see the conditions under which it was prepared. Lets not rule out the fact that, these foods may contain excess calories or some "subtle food poisoning". Take over your meals and intake today.

I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that "cooking for your partner" isn't entirely a bad idea. grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by timpaker(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
heheehehhehe grin

I know I cook better than most girls.
My recipe #BreaksThekitchen cheesy

So I'm less bothered. But sometimes I prefer they bomb the rules and just cook while I entertain them with stories that touches.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Idowuogbo(f): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Let me book space grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Spot on! I'm sorry but cooking is an important criterion (for me) when choosing who to marry. embarassed I'm not saying my lady should turn to 'alase' but you know a hungry man is an angry man. angry

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Idowuogbo(f): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amefrica:
Spot on! I'm sorry but cooking is an important criterion (for me) when choosing who to marry. embarassed I'm not saying my lady should turn to 'alase' but you know a hungry man is an angry man. angry
lmaoo! Yeye boy
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by englishmart(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
I won't force you to cook. I know the way to the kitchen.. Mom taught me to cook. Now I cook better than 90% of ladies here.

Kachisbarbie. Did you run outta data? You've not been coming around.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why I go marry gal when no dey cook,I dey mad?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Amefrica:

hahahaaha.
What's that? Caterer? Lolzzzzzzz

Idowuogbo:
Let me book space grin grin
lmao. Aunty even you?
Chaai... shocked
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Idowuogbo(f): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lmao. Aunty even you?
Chaai... shocked
booking space is sweet o grin grin embarassed
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
Idowuogbo:

lmaoo! Yeye boy

Abi na. I'm caring like that cheesy
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hahahaaha.
What's that? Caterer? Lolzzzzzzz

Something like that wink
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
I am down with cooking and clean and all that......

Just as long you dont expect martha stewart or betty crocker.

I have a cook book and collect recipes that I attempt to duplicate.

The guy also have to pull his own weight around the kitchen and house at least 30% of time.

Just saying..........we go dutch on a number of things.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by BreezyRita(f): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
I totally agree with this!

Aunty Kachi, thumbs up!
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Tberry01(f): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
I don hear

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by saxwizard(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
Noted....
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Tallesty1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Some girls cook not because they like it but because they will get something to eat. It is common around here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by braine(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
This is common sense.
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by rittyben(f): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hehehehehehe laughing in Efik
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Afrok(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
I do my cooking myself, team no "shakara" from any girl.
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
If you genuinely love it and don't see it as a Chore then you'll enjoy it.

The question then is how many ladies genuinely love cooking?

Me, I can't shout. Thank God I know my way in the kitchen. .
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by naijaboiy: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
if she doesn't know how to cook...she's just wasting her time in my house undecided
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by major466(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Cooking refreshes the human spirit.
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by naijaboiy: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Too much big grammar embarassed
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oh I enjoy cooking - strictly for me.

I am single and I cook 90% of time. Not every day of course.

Still like to eat out every once in a while.

Good to diversify palate.....chinese, thai, sushi, ethiopian, meditnarean, nigerian, jamaican.......mmmm.

I like food. Can you tell.
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by godofwar666(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thunder fire those ladies above angry... If u quote me thunder fire u too angry
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by englishmart(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
naijaboiy:
circumlocution! grin
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by chimerase2: 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ma bae doesn't knw how to cook tongue
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
BreezyRita:
I totally agree with this!

Aunty Kachi, thumbs up!

Thanks babe
@emboldened, I never old naa. U fit senior me o babe. Hahahahaa

naijaboiy:

Bobo behave well o.

@Englishmart, yes...I ran outta data.
Abeg send me card grin
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by farano(f): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice one @op smiley tho its for people that are not single.
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Jennydoris(f): 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
timpaker:
heheehehhehe grin

I know I cook better than most girls.
My recipe #BreaksThekitchen cheesy

So I'm less bothered. But sometimes I prefer they bomb the rules and just cook while I entertain them with stories that touches.
undecided
Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by Ezibless: 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
TheRealAdonye:
If you genuinely love it and don't see it as a Chore then you'll enjoy it.
The question then is how many ladies genuinely love cooking?
Me, I can't shout. Thank God I know my way in the kitchen. .
englishmart:
I won't force you to cook. I know the way to the kitchen.. Mom taught me to cook. Now I cook better than 90% of ladies here.
Kachisbarbie. Did you run outta data? You've not been coming around.. tongue

Afrok:
I do my cooking myself, team no "shakara" from any girl.

See them!

We're not talking about cooking noodles o tongue

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Cook For Your Partner by gbodimowo(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Let me park

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Must Guys Have Sex With Girls Before They Marry Them? / White Lady In Zambia, In Need Of Nigerian Strong Man / Young Lady With Plenty Hair On Her Abdomen And Navel Causes Massive Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.