Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,091 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? (1391 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Amaechi Buhari And Osibanjo / APC Fund Raiser For Buhari and Osibanjo Last Night (Photos) / How Politically Relevant Is Gen Obasanjo In Today's Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Built2last: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
To wrestle power from PDP will be a battle and political calculations and permutations is key. Of all the Governors of APC in south west, why Osibanjo? I consider the choice politically wrong and self serving for Tinubu.

Here are my reasons

1. GMB will need financing and governors have the muscle to make it happen. Osibanjo doesn't.

2. Osibanjo's popularity is only in South West. Here in the north people are asking who is Osibanjo? One guy beside me said even Pastor Tunde Bakare would have been better and sellable. The guy feels Tinubu is out to sell the presidency, the way he did with Ribadu.

3.what did they promise Amaechi and Oshiomole that they will use to mobilise South south. ..Party Chairman or Ministers?..Rochas is gone back to face governorship in Imo and be sure that even if he wins the state. Imo will vote GEJ in national elections.

4..who chose the VP? Tinubu or party leadership? And who did GMB want?
5..How far or beneficial is Osibanjo's choice to APCs quest to win power at the center?

Do you see Osibanjo pulling a spinner for APC in southern Nigeria especially SS, SE and SW.

Is his choice a good permutation or self serving to Tinubu to have one of his loyal proteges as vice.

In my opinion, its a bad choice..even Tunde Bakare is more popular.

Lets analyse the choice.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by redcliff: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2014
Im sure pdp would be dancing skelewu right now in their closets. Although i find this a very wrong choice to make im sure the APC topdogs have a reason for selecting him/her as their choice.. but even in 2011, the choice of bakare did not sound well to some people but they did pull the crowd even with the heavy amount of rigging pdp ventured into. However, the person in question here is Gmb. He is the man at the centre. An Amaechi vp ticket would have divided oga joes votes in the south south.. oh well, let the best rigger men win!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by WENGERNOMICS(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
Built2last:
To wrestle power from PDP will be a battle and political calculations and permutations is key. Of all the Governors of APC in south west, why Osibanjo? I consider the choice politically wrong and self serving for Tinubu.

Here are my reasons

1. GMB will need financing and governors have the muscle to make it happen. Osibanjo doesn't.

2. Osibanjo's popularity is only in South West. Here in the north people are asking who is Osibanjo? One guy beside me said even Pastor Tunde Bakare would have been better and sellable. The guy feels Tinubu is out to sell the presidency, the way he did with Ribadu.

3.what did they promise Amaechi and Oshiomole that they will use to mobilise South south. ..Party Chairman or Ministers?..Rochas is gone back to face governorship in Imo and be sure that even if he wins the state. Imo will vote GEJ in national elections.

4..who chose the VP? Tinubu or party leadership? And who did GMB want?
5..How far or beneficial is Osibanjo's choice to APCs quest to win power at the center?

Do you see Osibanjo pulling a spinner for APC in southern Nigeria especially SS, SE and SW.

Is his choice a good permutation or self serving to Tinubu to have one of his loyal proteges as vice.

In my opinion, its a bad choice..even Tunde Bakare is more popular.

Lets analyse the choice.

Ok............Good Points but really, its not a bad choice. In the run up to the general elections, PDP's strongest point against Buhari will be his islamist tendencies. APC must have sat down to ask themselves how best they can counter that conversation. Osinbajo is a very senior and influential pastor in RCCG. And make no mistake about it , RCCG is one of the most influential christian bodies in Nigeria. If RCCG is convinced to line up behind Osinbajo.....then it may be easy to pull along other influential christian bodies like Winners, Mountain of Fire, Deeper Life.......and the orthodox churches. PDP are the masters in playing the religious game.................and so picking Osinbajo is a move to check that.

2 Likes

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
don't loose too much sleep over Osinbajo

APC lost this election the day they choose Buhari as candidate

PDP will not only defeat APC, it will be a landslide.

4 Likes

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

I just can't stop laughing.

I reserve all my comments till Feb 2015. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by ziccoit: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

A man that raked in 12millions votes on platter of his name without a political structure would win election landslide with every political gimmicks and instrument in place.

PDP of 2015 is not that of 2011. Aso rock is under serious fears and tension now because they know too well that if election should be conducted today the party would become a history.

Unless things change for GEJ and PDP. Jonathan is loosing 2015 election.
Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by gtrust: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
WENGERNOMICS:

Ok............Good Points but really, its not a bad choice. In the run up to the general elections, PDP's strongest point against Buhari will be his islamist tendencies. APC must have sat down to ask themselves how best they can counter that conversation. Osinbajo is a very senior and influential pastor in RCCG. And make no mistake about it , RCCG is one of the most influential christian bodies in Nigeria. If RCCG is convinced to line up behind Osinbajo.....then it may be easy to pull along other influential christian bodies like Winners, Mountain of Fire, Deeper Life.......and the orthodox churches. PDP are the masters in playing the religious game.................and so picking Osinbajo is a move to check that.

This would have been possible if "Osibanjo" was the Presidential Candidate but unfortunately, na vice

RCCG, WINNERS ETC ETC WILL rather stay put with GEJ (President)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Nctrice(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
To me, I believe this move from GMB or APC is wrong! I don't know this Osibanjo of a guy! 99% of Nigerians don't know this Osibanjo of a guy!
This is politics, and David did not just kill Goliath like that, before David confronted Goliath he had confronted the beast and lions in the wilds... meaning they have to be precedence. With my short experience in the game of politics I have come to realize that The slot for VP is a tactical one, I don't see ant tactical move in this choice.

Osibanjo is good in Law so I read, but of what good is a good lawyer if not for the fact that GMB would need one after he looses as usual come 2015.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by drisatasarr: 7:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Prof Osinbajo has impecable pedigree from Igbobi College to UNILAG to LSE. He is articulate and NOT corrupt. He has significant support from christians and lots of support of high net worth Yorubas. I personally don't like Asiwaju, but if it is true that he pushed this choice, its a master plan. I will be very worried now if I am in PDP camp.
This choice is also good for Nigeria. The Prof is just insanely smart and will help Nigeria to be a better country. I had doubts about how he will stand up to other world leaders initially, but the more I read about and learn about him. I for one THANK GOD for this choice. I am so delighted about the choice, I am even willing to forgive Tinubu for ALL his CRIMES against Lagos.
With Buharis tenacity and Profs sophistication and intelligence it appears 2015 will finally be a turning point for our great nation. Well done APC. YOU GOT MY VOTE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by KwoiZabo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
since APC made this politically foolish decision of Osinbajo, I stopped my campaign for presidency, cos that is settled already. I have focused now on Agbaje-PDP for Lagos.
Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
ziccoit:

A man that raked in 12millions votes on platter of his name without a political structure would win election landslide with every political gimmicks and instrument in place.

PDP of 2015 is not that of 2011. Aso rock is under serious fears and tension now because they know too well that if election should be conducted today the party would become a history.

Unless things change for GEJ and PDP. Jonathan is loosing 2015 election.

Buhari's ignorant base is already saturated and wont grow any further

The same group of people who keep voting for him will keep voting for him

with the new structure he can only do a little better but can only go so far.

I cant see him getting more than 15million votes this time.

This time around Buhari will see what it means to contest election in the modern age. He should expect the kitchen sink when the game starts!
Even though age was on his side this will be his last election because his records will be vetted once and for all this time. He has been ignored for too long.

1 Like

Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Never heard of the guy osebajo.
Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by ziccoit: 7:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
mikeansy:

Buhari's ignorant base is already saturated and wont grow any further

The same group of people who keep voting for him will keep voting for him

with the new structure he can only do a little better but can only go so far.

I cant see him getting more than 15million votes this time.

This time around Buhari will see what it means to contest election in the modern age. He should expect the kitchen sink when the game starts!
Even though age was on his side this will be his last election because his records will be vetted once and for all this time. He has been ignored for too long.

You have not considered GEJ factor, the way he came to power and what has been happening since then up till this moment. Permit me to say that GEJ has exhausted his good luck already. Buhari has been contesting real election and he knows well how mucky the game is. Now that people are clamouring for positive and directional leadership that GEJ doesn't represent, it is GEJ not Buhari that will this time around understands what it takes to contest an election.
Re: How Politically Marketable Is Osibanjo? by Odutodaiwa: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Prof. Osibanjo is perfect for the job. Sometime it appears Nigerians love their oppressor. I don't know why anybody will suppoert GEJ in this age and time.

GMB + Prof. Yemi Osinbajo = Victorious CHANGE for Nigeria in 2015.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo / Bishop David Oyedepo Threatens To Open Gates Of Hell / Amnesty Inquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.