Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,423 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

Can You Marry A Sickles Cell - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Sickles Cell (2154 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / Would You Marry a Single Parent? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Famocious(m): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
NO, I can't !
Prevention is better than cure..
SCDx comes with a lot of short and long term complications.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 17, 2014
herald9:
You wan marry sickle cell...humans Don finish
People like you are the reason why most sicklers like me do not harbor the thought of getting married.

So sicklers ain't humans again?

Phhoool.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by herald9: 6:34am On Dec 17, 2014
bykebyke:

People like you are the reason why most sicklers like me do not harbor the thought of getting married.

Phhoool.

calm down calm downgrin

he didn't say sicklers but sickle cell .. that was my point.

so your a sickler?sad
Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by photographer: 8:49am On Dec 17, 2014
people leaving with sickle cell are just like you who is leaving with another ailment thats not caused by your making. if you discriminate them you show a high level of illiteracy. if you find a sickle cell patient you love and you are AA dont deny yourself a life time happiness. marry the person just the way you would love to b treated do also to the person. lets break the chain know you genotype and per them well before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2014
I am quite appalled by the high level of ignorance displayed by some on this post. To think that in this age of much information, that many would still decide to remain ignorant, is alarming.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2014
To start with, sickle cell disease is a genetic mutation of the normal red blood cells, thereby making it to have the shape of a sickle, hence the derivation of the disease's name.
Sicklers are humans like you and I. They have feelings! They are also capable of living a healthy and long life span(the world oldest sickler is in her 80s) so long as they take good care of their bodies, healthwise.
Some female sicklers are wives, some are mothers, some are expectant mothers. I don't see any reason why an individual can't get married to a sickler if he/she is in love with him/her.
Please, THIS DISCRIMINATION HAS TO STOP.
Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2014
bykebyke:

Phhoool.
Bro, i feel your pain. I, myself was seriously considering such. But pls just keep hope alive. The one that will love and get married to you, will do so regardless of your genotype. Abali, is an example of such. Though a warrior like you and i, the last time i checked, he had done his trad. wedding...KEEP HOPE ALIVE
Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Abali1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Chi59:

Bro, i feel your pain. I, myself was seriously considering such. But pls just keep hope alive. The one that will love and get married to you, will do so regardless of your genotype. Abali, is an example of such. Though a warrior like you and i, the last time i checked, he had done his trad. wedding...KEEP HOPE ALIVE
Actually, I have done my Church wedding and I have a son now. So, this Warrior is actually responsible for two other lives.
@OP, it's only ignorance that can make people look down on Warriors.
#nuffsaid.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Abali1:

Actually, I have done my Church wedding and I have a son now. So, this Warrior is actually responsible for two other lives.
@OP, it's only ignorance that can make people look down on Warriors.
#nuffsaid.

Wow! Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Sickles Cell by pinkhill(f): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
i cant risk the future of my unborn children..i rather avert it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Which Is Worse? (pic) / How To Get A Woman's Phone And Getting Her To Bed Easily / I Am Bored Outta My Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.