Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To (46724 Views)

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram Army Comma. Writes A Powerful Letter To GEJ / Why We Can’t Defeat Boko Haram – Army Commander / “why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram”- Army Commander Writes A Letter To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2014
Vikkie14:

same issue with me. How come its Sahara Reporters that have an "acclaimed" access/view of the letter? SR aint that honourable atall. I don't trust any of their news, no, never!!
Oh GOD of all creations,we pray that you should take perfect pre-eminence over all our problems in Nigeria.AMEN.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by major466(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
2Brave:
@ major466(m): 10:38pm
How are we sure this letter is from a soldier? I have no doubt in my mind that this letter is not from a soldier. A well written letter from a paid blogger.

I beleive you attended Night school if not go back and read what that Army Officer wrote again...... Cos he indicated where he serve, Appointment and Deployment. Wen everybody go leave the Army Job and go back home that time una eyes go clear.... You wey dey type nonsense go know say naa ur community be the next Boko Haram target
Writing a letter like that is not rocket science. Anybody can do it. Don't we have fake soldiers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by umykay: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Rubbish,who signed it? Only sahara will be the first to get it.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by dmola(m): 11:10pm On Dec 15, 2014
SmH
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by qtx(m): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
alaladakosta:
Bad, more reason why we need buhari
the very reason i almost said this letter must have been crafted by either buhari or OBJ. I bet you if properly investigated thats what you will discover.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by surajoyadagammo(m): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
VellyG:
Fabricated story.. Lies everywhere. This method of campaigning is simply not the best for the good of this country. APC is power hungry doing every thing they can to get into Aso rock.

This is not politics, its serious. (Witness).

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by FuckOFF: 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thank you Mr Commander, This is what Nigerians need.

We all know that, that dried fish with open teeth is behind the BH.

He want to get power by all means, if you could remember what he said after losing the election in 2011, he said that "Blood will flow on Nigeria soil" but today it is happening.

The man knows himself very well and he is a chronical bastaard!

GEJ IS THE PRESIDENT TILL 2019, Quote me and i will Bleep your brain.

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by EbiJUNIRO(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
God is ontop of dis mata
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Vikkie14: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
Vikkyk10:
Oh GOD of all creations,we pray that you should take perfect pre-eminence over all our problems in Nigeria.AMEN.
Amen Ma'am. When God play His part, we ought to play our part too. God won't come down to fund and buy hardwares for the Army, He has given us the resources,manpower,intellect and grace to face our challenges only that we are not playing our own part of the agreement cox we are too lazy and want God to do it for us. God has given the country what "she" needed only that those PIT OF HELL commanders are sabotaging it all. We need prayer as you've stated. Goodevening.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by billyG(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
D problem we hav in this cuntry is frm our leaders themselves u tink say jona no no all these does he hav d balls 2 q/s d miltary?jona no be buhari oo!d best u can do 4 this nation iz 2 round those sabotuers up & shot them all.i belike say he do tay we we hear marshial music.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by nagoma(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
The problem can be solved through wiping out the generation of boko haram with a massive BOMB... Since boko haram refuse to repent, jonathan should get to work and wipe out their generation from the face of the earth.... No mercy...
TENKS...

You fail or refuse to understand. It's not BH refusing to repent , it is the military generals who don't want to end the war. Prefer to enrich themselves while unarmed soldiers are killed daily by the rag- tag Boko Haram. Remember Reverend Davies the Australian. He said it but was at best ignored.

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by gbeseun(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Before this BH boys flush us away,let's vote GMB who is experienced and can stop this for us
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
This country never ceases to amaze me. Why is that we cannot get anything right as a nation? Corruption has eaten deep into the very fabric of our society. Even the once dreaded Nigerian Army has now been reduced to a man-o-war- like organisation because of corruption. One thing is certain, we need a change in this country. We can't continue like this. Another 4 years of GEJ in power would be catastrophic, to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Vikkie14:
Amen Ma'am. When God play His part, we ought to play our part too. God won't come down to fund and buy hardwares for the Army, He has given us the resources,manpower,intellect and grace to face our challenges only that we are not playing our own part of the agreement cox we are too lazy and want God to do it for us. God has given the country what "she" needed only that those PIT OF HELL commanders are sabotaging it all. We need prayer as you've stated. Goodevening.
evenin
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Dbboy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Although I support Goodluck Jonathan's reelection bid, the truth is that everything written by that soldier had been told to me by my cousin who is now at home nd has vowed never to return to the Nigerian Army. He said the army authorities were using them to make money. He told me that he managed to escape an attack by the BH members and he ran out of maiduguri immediately and vowed never to return. He said over 50 soldiers died in that attack and that about 70 of them escaped from that territory back to their families. Many of them have returned to maiduguri after their salaries was stopped but many of them also have vowed never to return to that war zone because their commanders are making money while the rank and file die on the war fronts. He said the last attack that made him decide to become a runaway soldier was the 6th attack and that in all of the attacks, they lost at least 3 soldiers. He spent 1 year and 9 months in maiduguri and was part of the multinational task force which included the Chadian, Cameroonian and nigerien military. He said the cammerounians started to withdraw their troops from the multinational task force because of the attitude of Nigerian military authorities who are just bent on making money from the war. He said the president has tried and that the president has released enuf funds to crush Boko haram but the military authorities buy few old and archaic weapons and embezzle the rest of the money. He infact said that the military authorities especially those of the northern stock do not want the war to end because they are making money from it. He has vowed never to leave the military saying not even his mother can make him go back. As at the last count, I know 17 soldiers (within the rank of private and corporal) who are alive but having gone and see how their generals and colonels feed fat from the war while their colleagues die, they have decided to become runaway soldiers and they have wittily parked out of the barracks and relocated to places that is far from their barracks to rent apartments where they hope to start a new life. 2 of this 17 are related to me and they have both spent close to 2 years in borno and Niger republic border with Nigeria. They say they are lucky to be alive. They ran away not because they are not ready to die for their country but because their authorities are making money from this insurgency and they are dieing because they are ill equipped. His account has been blocked already even though he is yet to take the stipends paid into the account while he was still at the war front. He said they pay them 30,000 naira per month apart from their salaries. 30,000 naira per month means 1,000 naira per day for facing death on a daily basis and when u die at they war front, the corpse of some soldiers who died were not even buried by the army. They were left for vultures to feed on. Even when their CO complains, he is court natialed. He said their former CO is facing court matial because he asked his troops to retreat when they ran out of ammunition while facing Boko hatam. But the militar authority wouldn't hear that. They prefer 200 soldiers die so that salaries and allowances meant for them would go into their personal accounts.

This is sad but it is the truth.

The president needs to do something about this asap. I don't know how he would do it but Nigerian army needs an emergency attention.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by nagoma(m): 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
qtx:

the very reason i almost said this letter must have been crafted by either buhari or OBJ. I bet you if properly investigated thats what you will discover.

Denial,Denial,denial - when everybody can see the truth even without this letter.
Perhaps the clueless President will ignore this letter and As the commander/ writer said , soon "there will be no Nigerian Army".
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Reference(m): 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
I doubt this was written by a serving officer in the capacity he mentions for the simple reason that it is short on details. Just as a matter of fact. One example. The infantry soldier regards his weapon in combat as his soul. Why can't this person be specific as to the inferiority or indequacy of the weapon systems provided viz the insurgents and its direct influence in the theatre or specific engagements.

It is not unusual for battlefield feedback to get through to the QM and adjustments can be made but these have to be specific. Are their AK's jamming in the dust, are the magazines inadequate. How many crates of 7.62 does each section carry. Transport, food, water, flak jackets. These are the things a typical soldier is concerned about. A typical soldier will not know the intricacies of command and control and he is not interested.

I feel the problems depicted occur in the offices not on the field. The ultimate impact may be felt there but I can wager that there are power struggles going on within mid to upper level command and control, that is responsible for this. The broad amount of information collated in this report is just beyond that of a typical serving soldier in the theatre and its lack of detail speaks of something more akin to politics rather than operational.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by otunbadan(m): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
AN OFFICER DID NOT WRITE THIS,lacks details and very incoherent. Not to talk of the English Lord of lies

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
englishmart:
you all are cowards. That's why you couldn't defeat boko haram
Dumb comment! What do u know abt war?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by afodam247: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
GEJ won't enhance the right mechanism to stop Boko haram because he's looking for means of declaring State of Emergency in the northern states. Dis is because he knows dat zero vote awaits him in the north... cool
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by billyG(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
celeron40:
Corruption everywhere!!! When SiriusBlack was complaining on his thread, Minimah told him to shut up..Now the truth is slowly coming out..The Army Top brass is insanely corrupt..just like their pot-bellied bosses at Abuja.
Look at this shippopotamus..does he look competent to you?
Who d hell iz that fellow?his he Idi Amin of uganda or DPO Alamieyesiayah?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by anthony86(m): 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Those playing politics with the Nigeria Army should know that when you destroy the army you destroy everything that bind us together as a nation . I cannot believe that the Nigeria Army has gotten so low that it cannot that it cannot buy ammunitions
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by qtx(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
nagoma:

Denial,Denial,denial - when everybody can see the truth even without this letter.
Perhaps the clueless President will ignore this letter and As the commander/ writer said , soon "there will be no Nigerian Army".
Do you know i can write that letter and it will even be far better and more packaged than that one? Let me ask you a question, did you see any body's name or signature as the writer? think na?

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by discusant: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nigeria army fought well-equipped and well-organized Biafra of several battalions, so what there is supposed to be no big deal for Nigerian army to defeat tiny and less-equipped Boko Haram members.

Issue is that there are as many saboteurs for Boko Haram as there are fighters against Boko Haram. Boko Haram says it is fighting for use of primitive sharia laws to govern Nigeria. Too many Nigerian Muslims are in favour of use of sharia laws to govern Nigeria, hence some fight Boko Haram indeed, others sabotage the fight against Boko Haram.

This soldier writing this letter is on political propaganda to demonize President Jonathan. The soldier is in another version of sabotage of the fight against Boko Haram.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by dking123: 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
gbeseun:
Before this BH boys flush us away,let's vote GMB who is experienced and can stop this for us
You can't force ur principal on us by intimidation so stop terrorism. Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by illicit(m): 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
That letter is a suspect, if written by a professional infantry soldier, its a digrace cos lexically it lacked the most basic millitary terms and jargons.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sam13(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
VellyG:
Fabricated story.. Lies everywhere. This method of campaigning is simply not the best for the good of this country. APC is power hungry doing every thing they can to get into Aso rock.

Abeg mr man park go one side joor...Everything against Jonathan is coming from APC abi?you TANiod messanger you are blind with sentiment.mtcheeeeeeew smh
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sam13(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
atlwireles:
Shekau is that you writing?

No na him deputy
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Yusluv77(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
#Nigeria is really getting interesting.. Fellow
compatriots, we need not shout nor fight
ourselves. President Goodluck Johnathan is a good
man as a person, his simplicity and gentlemanness
is second to none. *He has given us his very BEST
over the last 6 years. I mean, what else are we
asking for? *He has granted Alameisiya 'STATE
PARDON' and my guy is now running for Senate.
*He allowed Fayoose to distrupt a court session
and beat up a judge, while he walks freely. I
wonder if Nigeria is sane. *He locked up the house
of rep from the entrance of the CONSTITUTIONAL
speaker of that house. *7 law makers impeached a
speaker in Ekiti in a house of about 26 men, and
nothing happened. *16 was suddenly greater than
19 in base 10, just to cancel the one-term
agreement he signed with the NIGERIA Governors'
Forum and all Nigerians in 2011. *Subsidy has
been removed and the standards in our hospitals
have reduced with time. *$20 billion is missing and
minister of Petroleum eats and dines with the
prexy. *Another BIGGER & BOLDER subsidy is
scheduled for 1st of June, 2015 and you may have
to sell your laptop charger before you can buy fuel
to charge that same laptop!!! * Earlier this year,
over 22 innocent Nigerians were killed in the job
scam of Nigerian Immigration Service. The Minister
of Interior, Abba Moro, told us the job interrwas
"simply mismanaged" and he has retained his
office and even with extra luggage. *1 Naira used
to be equal $1.2 under #GMB but now it's #186.5
to just $1, the worst ever in our history. * Madam
Gele, Ngozi Okonjo, just told we need an extra $5
billion, through debts of course, so that how
economy will not collapse like Humpty-Dumpty.
*While Benue State University was on an unending
internal strike, Senator DAVID MARK (son of the
soil) built his own PRIVATE UNIVERSITY, of course
with tax payers' money, and my gentle president
followed him to launch the school shamelessly.
*He has spent all money in the treasury and even
had to BORROW an extra $1 billion but
#BokoHaram keeps getting more equipped than
our military. *Over 200 girls are missing, over
15,000 killed by #BokoHaram, over 6 million
displaced from their homes and uncountable
injured beyond repairs yet my president went to a
a meeting in #KENYA with 7 different PRIVATE
JETS.. *clears throat... * #PHCN is giving their loyal
customers GENERATORS as gifts for paying their
#electricity bills on time..Grab your COPY NOW!!! .
That's less than 1% of the reasons we need to
dance to a new SHOKI, this AWILO is no more wulo
for us. Cheers to an unstoppable change.. If you
truly love Nigeria share with everyone on your
contact list. #TogetherWeCan build #ANewNigeria.
#ChangeIsPossible #ValentineElection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by LEAFLET(m): 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Desperate campaign methods employed by power hungry,frustrated and expired politicians doing everything they can to have power...No be only Buhari na babangida... grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Different Types Of Signatures & What They Can Say About Your Personailty / How Much Does Okada Riders Deliver daily In Your Area / See The Snake That Was Killed Inside My Friend's Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.