Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To (46743 Views)

Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram Army Comma. Writes A Powerful Letter To GEJ / Why We Can’t Defeat Boko Haram – Army Commander / “why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram”- Army Commander Writes A Letter To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by tola9ja: 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
we have many type of people on these great forum some comment like a normal and caring human being and some comment like a domestic animal e.g STORY FOR THE GODS those that make sense to you i believe he will be 1 the p d pigs thugs

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by billyG(m): 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reference:
I doubt this was written by a serving officer in the capacity he mentions for the simple reason that it is short on details. Just as a matter of fact. One example. The infantry soldier regards his weapon in combat as his soul. Why can't this person be specific as to the inferiority or indequacy of the weapon systems provided viz the insurgents and its direct influence in the theatre or specific engagements.

It is not unusual for battlefield feedback to get through to the QM and adjustments can be made but these have to be specific. Are their AK's jamming in the dust, are the magazines inadequate. How many crates of 7.62 does each section carry. Transport, food, water, flak jackets. These are the things a typical soldier is concerned about. A typical soldier will not know the intricacies of command and control and he is not interested.

I feel the problems depicted occur in the offices not on the field. The ultimate impact may be felt there but I can wager that there are power struggles going on within mid to upper level command and control, that is responsible for this. The broad amount of information collated in this report is just beyond that of a typical serving soldier in the theatre and its lack of detail speaks of something more akin to politics rather than operational.
Y are u asking all those are u bokoharms u want him 2 leak classified tactical secrets 2 yu abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by kccarew(f): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
What this commanding officer just did is thoug and risky, if u hear that he is no more do not be surprised. And as for the president...hmmm what can he do, how can he be of help to these problems mentioned..and as for the kings maker, there are also those who want to sit on money therre, so his letter might be sat on, but we nigerians are watching and we have mouth to speak too...gej slove this problem really
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by aauwalu80: 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
cool Mr presidnt we de watchd. u ppl ar alwayz sayin that u dnt hav a hand on helpin ths mad ppl for killin innocnt. buh why ar u not doing ur duty well well I.e why can't u supply enough amunation to end this war aganst terror? may be b.coz not doing in d south and th benefit u ar gainin. Allh ya Isa.
We knw wht we knw dnt take us pool. we knw u ar happy wth th way this Mumu ar killin northnrs. an if u dnt take an action wthin reasonable time we would pray massive prayr may god help us turn ur face in to cat face. ameen

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by ProfyJay(m): 11:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
englishmart:
you all are cowards. That's why you couldn't defeat boko haram

Sharrap! and get on the battlefield angry

4 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
The presidency must do something about this quickly. Apart from inadequate supply of weapons, ammunition, combact vehicles & other equipment, there is none or low supply of foods for these fighters , pray tell how a hungry man can stand confidently to his feet and fight against his enemies (BH)? Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Osama10(m): 12:03am On Dec 16, 2014
This war is taking too long oh.

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by 2Brave: 12:03am On Dec 16, 2014
Reference(m): 11:27pm
I doubt this was written by a serving officer in the capacity he mentions for the simple reason that it is short on details. Just as a matter of fact. One example. The infantry soldier regards his weapon in combat as his soul. Why can't this person be specific as to the inferiority or indequacy of the weapon systems provided viz the insurgents and its direct influence in the theatre or specific engagements.

It is not unusual for battlefield feedback to get through to the QM and adjustments can be made but these have to be specific. Are their AK's jamming in the dust, are the magazines inadequate. How many crates of 7.62 does each section carry. Transport, food, water, flak jackets. These are the things a typical soldier is concerned about. A typical soldier will not know the intricacies of command and control and he is not interested.

I feel the problems depicted occur in the offices not on the field. The ultimate impact may be felt there but I can wager that there are power struggles going on within mid to upper level command and control, that is responsible for this. The broad amount of information collated in this report is just beyond that of a typical serving soldier in the theatre and its lack of detail speaks of something more akin to politics rather than operational.

I guess you feel proud writting such Trash. You guys dont want to believe abi, no problem the letter is detail enough let wait and see. When the Army will start falling apart it is the same you guys that will still cry the Most. We all shld remember this......Only The Family that Death Visit Knows Tears will surely....... All the Thomases kindly look for Soldiers around you and simply ask question maybe it will help in your reasoning

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by chiedu7: 12:05am On Dec 16, 2014
alaladakosta:
Bad, more reason why we need buhari

THE SAME BUHARI THAT SAID THAT THEY ARE TO STOP KILLING BOKO HARAM MEMBERS?

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by sam13(m): 12:07am On Dec 16, 2014
qtx:

Do you know i can write that letter and it will even be far better and more packaged than that one? Let me ask you a question, did you see any body's name or signature as the writer? think na?

See comment o abeg if na you be the commander you go put your signature lets be sincere with ourselves abeg

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by loomer: 12:13am On Dec 16, 2014
as I de so, I no send Goodluck or Buhari,

But wen anybody says something abt leaked letters and there's no name of the writer then u know Sahara just de find attention.

this is one letter that can be formed by any educated fellow. make them go slp
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by loomer: 12:15am On Dec 16, 2014
sam13:

See comment o abeg if na you be the commander you go put your signature lets be sincere with ourselves abeg

How u expect letter without name and signature to reach the president?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by celeron40(m): 12:17am On Dec 16, 2014
experimentist:
is that d fuckin army chef?
Worse...Chief of Defence Staff.(Highest ranking military officer in the Armed Forces)
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Truckpusher(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2014
koboko69:
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON THIS PAGE. THE FACT REMAINS THAT THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND HIGH MILITARY COMMAND ARE NOT READ TO END THIS MENACE. I READ WITH DISBELIEF HOW THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT CLAIMED THAT US MILITARY WANTED THE NIGERIAN ARMY TO WITHDRAW SOME OF ITS EQUIPMENT FROM THE BATTLE FIELD TO TRAIN NIGERIAN SOLDIERS. THIS STORIES THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAVE BEEN GIVING ARE FOR FOOLISH AND GULLIBLE NIGERIANS. THERE ARE JUST 3 STATES UNDER STATE OF EMERGENCY. DOES IT MEAN THAT ALL OUR MILITARY HARD WARE HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED TO JUST 3 SATES? WHAT IF NIGERIA IS FIGHTING A FULL BLOW WAR?? JONATHAN ALWAYS BLAMING HIS FAILURES ON OTHER PEOPLE. BE WISE, VOTE THIS CLOWNS OUT
Let me also remind you that this same Jonathan is fighting a battle against an enemy that feels that they own Nigeria because to them the Nigeria you know is their birthright and farmland and they are holding Nigeria and Nigerians by the jugular.
To solve this problem is simple ,call your kiths and kin to order because we here in the Niger Delta are watching and have come to understood their modus operandi.
If Jonathan is unceremoniously booted out either by your action or inaction we would react.FACT.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by usibengate(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2014
Who to Blame? Is it not d daft man who lack d political will to take action when necessary. Well as for me and my family BUHARY is on our mind now. Let pdp keeps fooling Nigerian, but they should remember that a fool will rise up to his feet someday and say enough is a enough.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by philips70(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2014
AKUNWATA1:
gringringrin
THEY CANT STOP GEJ

THE COMMANDER WEY WRITE THIS SH*T NO GET NAME

E NO GO BETTER FOR PROPHET BOKO HARI AND HIS SUPPORTERS angry

I just gave you 1 like to celebrate your stupidity which should fetch you some award at the 2015 Headies.
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by philips70(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2014
Truckpusher:
Let me also remind you that this same Jonathan is fighting a battle against an enemy that feels that they own Nigeria because to them the Nigeria you know is their birthright and farmland and they are holding Nigeria and Nigerians by the jugular.
To solve this problem is simple ,call your kiths and kin to order because we here in the Niger Delta are watching and have come to understood their modus operandi.
If Jonathan is unceremoniously booted out either by your action or inaction we would react.FACT.

In plain terms can you describe how an AK47 looks like, name all the parts and describe how it is cared for and serviced?

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 16, 2014
aauwalu80:
cool Mr presidnt we de watchd. u ppl ar alwayz sayin that u dnt hav a hand on helpin ths mad ppl for killin innocnt. buh why ar u not doing ur duty well well I.e why can't u supply enough amunation to end this war aganst terror? may be b.coz not doing in d south and th benefit u ar gainin. Allh ya Isa.
We knw wht we knw dnt take us pool. we knw u ar happy wth th way this Mumu ar killin northnrs. an if u dnt take an action wthin reasonable time we would pray massive prayr may god help us turn ur face in to cat face. ameen
Are u speaking french or spanish? Cos I can't get one bit of what u're saying.

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Truckpusher(m): 12:37am On Dec 16, 2014
philips70:

In plain terms can you describe how an AK47 looks like, name all the parts and describe how it is cared for and serviced?
APC E-rodent, a man that fights for a just cause do not need to learn the art of warfare.

Besides ,why would a traitor and a sellout like you quote me?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Truckpusher(m): 12:38am On Dec 16, 2014
tosag:
Are u speaking french or spanish? Cos I can't get one bit of what u're saying.
The E-rats come in different size and shapes. grin
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by saintade01(m): 12:38am On Dec 16, 2014
CAN WE JUST BE TRUTHFUL WITH OURSELVES FOR ONCE.

IF YOU HAVE CLOSE SOURCE IN THE NA, YOU LL HEAR MORE THAN THIS

THIS IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE angry
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by xenten: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2014
It is not only soldiers @ the war front that are disgruntled, even soldiers in Lagos formations and others are veruy much displeased with the army hierrachy. I have had discussions with them and they only laugh at GEJ. Some even confirmed to me that it is the military hierrachy that are behind the failure of the army to be able to defeat boko haram becuase of the huge budgetary allocations going to the fight against insurgency. This is a reflection of a weak and clueless C-in-C whose only pre-occuppation is how to perpertuate himself in the office.

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 16, 2014
olayincar:
Why can't u called on God

Deuteronomy 28

Cause God used moses to set his people free.... which is similar to our situation...

we need a moses if our generation to set us free...

[size=30pt]
olayincar:

Deuteronomy 28

Cause God used moses to set his people free.... which is similar to our situation...

we need a moses of our generation to set us free...

[/size]
olayincar:

Deuteronomy 28

1 Like

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Thegents6: 12:48am On Dec 16, 2014
alaladakosta:
Bad, more reason why we need buhari

YOU AND YOUR BUHARI WONT SMELL THAT SEAT... IF HE ENTERS THERE, NIGERIA WILL BE DOOMED AND DAMNED..... HE IS 73YEARS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... SAME OLD FOLKS.. WE NEED FRESH BLOOD TO RULE THIS COUNTRY.... IT WAS BUHARI'S GENERATION THAT PUT NIGERIA INTO THIS MESS..... BE WISE
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Justbright(m): 12:53am On Dec 16, 2014
IKJ66:
STORY FOR THE gODS

u don dey mad now abi?...if Na ur bros or sis dey sambisa u wnt be yearning dust....bold step soldier..I pray Gej listens
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by maclatunji: 12:55am On Dec 16, 2014
eleojo23:
If I read correctly, he forgot to mention sabotage from unknown quarters in this fight against BH.

It is one thing to be partisan, it is another thing to be like you.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by datribune: 1:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Truckpusher:

FACT - dis same president says he knows d sponsors of BH but would rather use it to play politics by blaming d opposition than fight & go after d sponsors of BH
FACT - d late NSA Azazi said BH is a PDP problem.
FACT - dis president pals around wit known terrorists like Tompolo & Asari Dokubo
FACT - Asari Dokubo was detained by d Beninois authorities on allegations of being a BH leader.
FACT - dis same president sided wit terrorists in d independence day bombings. "It is not mend" d appologist said.
FACT - dis president swore to a solemn oath to protect d country but has failed abysmally
FACT - we can only speculate about d sponsors of BH until d C-in-C grows some balls & names & goes after d sponsors
FACT - just as d nigerian masses in 2011 massively voted 4 a man who they thought was one of them who grew up wit no shoes but turned out to be their nemesis, they will in 2015 vote massively to get him out of Ask rock unceremoniously.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by Truckpusher(m): 1:25am On Dec 16, 2014
After going through the content of this letter all I can conclude is that the tittle of the letter should have been "Desperate APC employs an army commander to write a letter to Jonathan why he will never defeat their military wing of the party".

What a piece of crap classified as a letter.
A disciplined and trained military man with the rank of a commander would never write such a letter in this time when election is near and the polity is being overheated.

APC fooling around since Adam. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by philips70(m): 1:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Truckpusher:
APC E-rodent, a man that fights for a just cause do not need to learn the art of warfare.

Besides ,why would a traitor and a sellout like you quote me?

[b]Because I have a brain that work better than that your very tiny cocoon. And to educate you better, there are several categories of people who want your master out of Aso Rock come next year. One, the disappointed Nigerians who never believed a grossly incompetent president who have blamed every other person but himself for his inadequacies will be presiding over a great nation like Nigeria and bringing her shamefully to her knees. Two, coalition of the opposition parties led by the APC who believe they can do far better than the current occupier of that coveted seat and last but not the least the frustrated common man on the streets who do not have access to government funds like you and so can barely access one square meal a day. But to you desperate TAN members you categorize all these people into one - the APC. To you guys the CNN, America, South Africa, Obama, Cameron are all members of the APC when they say a kindergarten can do better than your god in Aso Rock. Now the bad news is when your god fails in his desperate bid to get re-election next year there is little you guys can do to help him and you will be reminded that you do not have monopoly to violence. [/b]

7 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by datribune: 1:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Thegents6:

YOU AND YOUR BUHARI WONT SMELL THAT SEAT... IF HE ENTERS THERE, NIGERIA WILL BE DOOMED AND DAMNED..... HE IS 73YEARS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD... SAME OLD FOLKS.. WE NEED FRESH BLOOD TO RULE THIS COUNTRY.... IT WAS BUHARI'S GENERATION THAT PUT NIGERIA INTO THIS MESS..... BE WISE

No need to scream on d forum. No need 4 desperation. No need 4 fear mongering. If there's going to be any doom 4 d country it can only be to continue suffering under a leader who lacks d wisdom, tact, decisiveness, political sagacity & all dat it takes to run a complex country like Nigeria. He failed in every area of leadership.
dis election shall be a referendum on performance while in public office. To d informed d decision is simple & pretty much settled -
GMB - tried tested & proven to be one of d greatest leaders in nigerian history.
GEJ - tried tested & proven to be one of d weakest most corrupt leaders in nigerian history.
Mandela took office at age 76
Ronald Reagan took office at age 73
Both were 2 of d best presidents in world history.
GMB is 71. Why should his age rather than experience & track record be a problem.
Buhari is a patriot who once rescued dis country frm political vultures who sucked d life-blood of dis country & almost succeeded in killing d country.
Pls vote wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by philips70(m): 1:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Truckpusher:
After going through the content of this letter all I can conclude is that the tittle of the letter should have been "Desperate APC employs an army commander to write a letter to Jonathan why he will never defeat their military wing of the party".

What a piece of crap classified as a letter.
A disciplined and trained military man with the rank of a commander would never write such a letter in this time when election is near and the polity is being overheated.

APC fooling around since Adam. undecided

The APC is the reason why you have not been able to produce a fertile spermatozoa. This APC have been giving people sleepless nights since 1878. Now can you help me remind Okupe that to be a TB Joshua is not a day job?
Re: Why We Could Not Defeat Boko Haram"- Army Commander Writes A Powerful Letter To by gbodimowo(m): 2:09am On Dec 16, 2014
I know I il be banned but some nairalandeea who comment nonsensically on sensitive issues like this are the problem of this nation and not President Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Different Types Of Signatures & What They Can Say About Your Personailty / See The Snake That Was Killed Inside My Friend's Toilet / Prince Nathaniel Osayande Dies In Accident Days To His Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.