Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu (40052 Views)

Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT / Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki, Others Under Surveillance, Their Phones Hacked – APC / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Wallade(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Is Tinubu well at all, the weed must be messing with with his senses. How can he be vice president? He looks sick, otherwise a VP may just die in office and he will make a bad VP.
Muslim - muslim ticket is a bad gamble but if it has to be so, then it must be GMB & Fashola.
Tinubu! He will never change.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by teadrake(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
tyson99:
make una no allow all this foolish and nasty PDP dey happy jare cos dem go cry come 2015
bros..Even if Abacha resurrect,i prefer voting for him than this Jona.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Vikky014(f): 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
chimerase2:
3 for 1000 naira undecided
hmmmmm.ok jst give me 6,i will pay u on my wedding day tongue
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Habeyy(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
aguiyi:

mugu, una no fit unite pick a running mate na to unite win una go fit do abeg park well grin grin
bro I tire ooo...I dey even think say make we form an association for them "PROGRESSIVE DREAMERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA.(PDAN).....e go just be lyk say when Nigeria wan play Brazil.....u go just here say okocha tryyyyyyy..at d end d result go be 3-0

PDANITE COME ON BOARD
SAI BUHAHA....PRESIDENT OF TESLIM BALOGUN STADIUM grin

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by ogbordan(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
tit:
show some love to Tinubu.
it is not fair.
the only hope for him now is to defect to christianity

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by PhockPhockMan: 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
priscaoge:
Confused set of people undecided undecided undecided

Comrade @Phockphockman Hope u have seen the blind leading d blind? Lol
It will never happen.

NEVER.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by chimerase2: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
Vikky014:
hmmmmm.ok jst give me 6,i will pay u on my wedding day tongue
I dnt do on credit tongue
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Habeyy(m): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
I blame GEJ for this

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by eaccyboy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Misery just start for dem
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Vikky014(f): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
chimerase2:
I dnt do on credit tongue
mtcheew embarassed
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Kenai: 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:
Now let the fight begin....!!!

Amaechi, come back without the VP ticket and you are finished politically...!!!
Tinubu, this is your last and only opportunity don't be out smarted...!!!
SE now or never, go Okorocha go...!!!

You're pure evil, you know that? grin
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by priscaoge(f): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Vikky014:
hahahaha.priscaoge wunt kill me oooo.funny pic

Lol cheesy
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Vikky014(f): 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
Habeyy:
I blame GEJ for this
i also blame GEJ for nt sending u to sch. angry*mordified*dnt mind me.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by pazienza(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
APC must produce a SW VP, if not, the Yorubas won't vote on the presidential election day,they would just vote for their APC Yoruba governors and stay at home on the day of presidential election, the APC think tank already know this, but Amaechi is like a bull in a Chinese Shop, he would not be shortchanged, he knows that he has lost Rivers state already, this VP slot is his only claim to political relevancy, he won't let go without raising dust.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Duru009(m): 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
Buhari made d first mistake. Tinubu will certainly disappoint him.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
drlawizle:
If Buhari is wise he should give the slot to Amaechi...he has the support of the SW tinubu/fashola or not...he needs the SS which Amaechi will deliver to him & SE can also trickle some votes for him because of amaechi....

I know Jona & Pej will run if Buhari/Amaechi wins...cos Amaechi go rub peppermfor hin anuus no be small.

See as ppl use likes rush me...na so una like APC? If na so..gej don enter trouble be d@ oh

For your info I'm a proud GEJ supporter. I'm just speaking openly about what will give Buhari a greater chance against GEJ...

Y'all can start collecting back yur likes now tongue

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Davvymavvy(f): 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
We don't want Tinubu as VP...the permutation is going to be suicidal, but, we need a westerner on that list..simple....otherwise,,, hmmmm
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Schematics: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
The only way APC would have wrestled power from PDP was the pairing of Fashola-Oshimole ticket.

If they had paired this performer and a labor leader, GEJ will not come out from this election without a serious injury..

Why did you choose to put yourself in this disadvantageous situation?

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by ocelot2006(m): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
APC Mexican standoff

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Kenai: 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
drlawizle:
If Buhari is wise he should give the slot to Amaechi...he has the support of the SW tinubu/fashola or not...he needs the SS which Amaechi will deliver to him & SE can also trickle some votes for him because of amaechi....

I know Jona & Pej will run if Buhari/Amaechi wins...cos Amaechi go rub peppermfor hin anuus no be small.

SE will not trickle a single vote for Buhari because of Amaechi, please.
Amaechi is Ikwerre, not Igbo. And we don't see them as our brothers.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kenai:

SE will not trickle a single vote for Buhari because of Amaechi, please.
Amaechi is Ikwerre, not Igbo. And we don't see them as our brothers.

lol more like they don't see us as their brothers

For us everyone who speaks Igbo is Igbo. And so it should be.

If anyone who speak Igbo choose to call himself something else. Then that's their problem.

If the Ikwerre man calls himself Igbo I would wholeheartedly accept him.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Mekyno(m): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
iluvweed:
I think we just need a white president..... cheesy
u min a foriegn technical president?....huh, dat will be amazing....lol
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by chrisxxx(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
mayorall:
Amaechi should be given the slot. This man had tried for the party.
Have u seen a drowning man before? In case u have not he grabs everything. To someone onshore it may seem the drowning man is trying but in reality he is dying.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by CharlesPhc: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kenai:

You're pure evil, you know that? grin
@Kenai, you obviously have been watching too much evil movies...!!! You seem to be seeing evil even when you look in the mirror...!!!
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Kenai: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
mikeansy:

lol more like they don't see us as their brothers

For us everyone who speaks Igbo is Igbo. And so it should be.

If anyone who speak Igbo choose to call himself something else. Then that's their problem.

If the Ikwerre man calls himself Igbo I would wholeheartedly accept him.

Well, maybe for you o. But where I come from, we don't give a rat's aass about them in general.
Berom people can speak Hausa, but that doesn't make them so.
Mohammed, Abdul and Yakubu are names of Arab origin, but we have Nigerians answering them. That doesn't make them Arabs.

Ikwerre can face their identity issues on their own for all I care, but over here Amaechi is not our brother, and his name isn't enough to earn him my vote.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nogen: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kwa kwa kwa kwa kwa kwa , laughing in Ikwerre!
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by mkpikpub(m): 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
helinues:
Rotimi Amaechi, governor of Rivers state, has revived his hopes of getting the vice-presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC), launching a last-minute move to dislodge Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos, who had looked all set to fill the slot.

Backed by Bukola Saraki, former governor of Kwara state, as well as some APC governors opposed to the candidature of Tinubu, Amaechi got the enlarged meeting of the party’s leadership in Abuja on Monday night to reset the entire selection process.

The opposition to Tinubu is based on the need to avoid a Muslim-Muslim ticket, an argument that will also knock out Babatunde Fashola, the governor of Lagos, who is well loved in many parts of Nigeria.

Tinubu is also being opposed on the basis of his “past” ─ although his supporters argue that there is no case against him, neither has he been convicted in any court of law.

Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the party, had ceded the choice of his running mate to Tinubu as the political leader of the south-west, which is the second largest voting bloc in the country.

In his calculations, Buhari had sought to avoid the mistakes he made in the past when he picked his running mates all by himself, deciding that a major power bloc should be involved this time around.
However, the south-west caucus of the APC met for long hours last weekend and could not come to a definite decision, but narrowed down to Tinubu and Yemi Osinbajo, a professor of law and former attorney general of Lagos, as well as Adams Oshiomhole, governor of Edo state which is in the south-south region.
Buhari is said to be “unenthusiastic” about Osinbajo because his gamble with Tunde Bakare, also a pastor, did not work in 2011.

But the presidential candidate is also worried about the backlash of abandoning Tinubu, who is expected to deliver the south-west in the 2015 poll.

Amaechi, who had been the biggest financier of the Buhari bid, had been left in the lurch, but his maneouvers in Abuja on Monday night may change the course of events.

Not only has it changed the direction of the discussion, other southern zones are now making a strong case for the VP slot.
The south-east, which had initially been written off as a no-go area for Buhari, is now asking to be considered, with former ANPP chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu, former Anambra governor, Chris Ngige, and governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, being given a look-in.

The enlarged meeting has now pushed the decision back to Buhari to make by himself in what will potentially put the former head of state in a tight corner.

Source: http://www.thecable.ng/vp-slot-amaechi-saraki-move-tinubu | TheCable

I really feel sorry for Amaechi if he does not get this ticket. He has abuse so many persons, abandoned many projects just because of APC. I think APC is aware that if he is entrusted with this office, he scatter APC.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Bluepamex: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tinubu u know what?, just tell Alhaji Ameachi to bring u some millions of Rivers state dollars n u hand over the VP slot to him.after all we all know that he's not going anywhere with it .
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by GeebeeM(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
rawpadgin:
in the bible its says "a house that stand against itself can never stand"

too many desperados in apc

So what do you say about PDP where senators are fighting with governors for slots
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by GeebeeM(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
noblezone:
when an old and unrepetant tyrant like 8uhari, an Emperor like Tinubu, a tout like Amechi, a liar like Lai, a "corruptician", etc gang up to form a "progressive" party, expect a never ending story!

Pot calling kettle black
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by donmalcolm21(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tinubu is scared of what will happen to APC if he is not the VP, Amaechi needs to get returns for the billions he used in sponsoring GMB and APC trolls need to ask the PDP big boys here in order to get the permutation and scheming going on in their party.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Dotng: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
pazienza:
APC must produce a SW VP, if not, the Yorubas won't vote on the presidential election day,they would just vote for their APC Yoruba governors and stay at home on the day of presidential election, the APC think tank already know this, but Amaechi is like a bull in a Chinese Shop, he would not be shortchanged, he knows that he has lost Rivers state already, this VP slot is his only claim to political relevancy, he won't let go without raising dust.
Of what electoral value is Amaechi? Can he guarantee the votes in the South East? What political loyalty does he command in the South East?

Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa / Amaechi Shuns VIP Lounge Of Airport, Shares Ordinary Lounge With Others / Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50