Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu (40049 Views)

Lawyers Condemn Saraki's Move To Weaken CCB, CCT / Tinubu, Amaechi, Saraki, Others Under Surveillance, Their Phones Hacked – APC / Rivers PDP 'Congratulates' Amaechi For Losing APC's VP Slot. (2) (3) (4)

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
theV0ice:

enemy of progress. cheesy cheesy

they will disappoint you and settle it amicably grin

but make Tinubu sef rest...Haba!!!

bros, settle amicably? for where? All these guys are power hungry; each privately seeking his own.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by GeebeeM(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
hollandis:
Amaechi is just an errand boy,nearing oblivion,I wonder how an elderly man can be so easily brain washed.Even Mama patience has insulted him ,and all port har ourt indigenes cursed him.

Anyway when wike becomes governor ,he will destroy amaechis houses and build a road on the premises,and a sign shall be erected that reads " former premises of Amaechi,the traitor of portharcourt"

You can't compare wike with Amaechi
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by pazienza(m): 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kenai:

Well, maybe for you o. But where I come from, we don't give a rat's aass about them in general.
Berom people can speak Hausa, but that doesn't make them so.
Mohammed, Abdul and Yakubu are names of Arab origin, but we have Nigerians answering them. That doesn't make them Arabs.

Ikwerre can face their identity issues on their own for all I care, but over here Amaechi is not our brother, and his name isn't enough to earn him my vote.

Amaechi won't get a single vote from Ndiigbo, his Igbophobic nature had made sure of that, and the APC, think tank know this.

Amaechi brings nothing to the table, he can't deliver even Rivers state, let alone SS, he can only deliver his Ikwerre four LGAs, that is, if Ezenwo permits him.

This is what what being clannish has brought to him.

Imagine if Amaechi were like Uche Okwukwu, or the late Ogbuehi Francis Ellah of Ogba, two proud Igbo men from Rivers state loved by all in Igboland for their pan Igbo outlook, if he were like any of them, the APC would have used him as a valuable asset to reduce GEJ stronghold over SE, and even make inroads on GEJ claim over Igbo voters in Lagos and the north, he would have had a bargaining chip and a strong case for VP.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by philips70(m): 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
doctokwus:
Tinubu shud not show his face near dt VP slot.Same goes for osibanjo or whatever dey call him.It shd b amaechi.,oshiomole or even fayemi.
Any of dt wi b a winning combination.

So you believe all this news of Tinubu as VP obviously written and peddled by PDP? That news item you are seeing in this post must have been written from the combined confused offices of Metuh, Abati, Okupe and Reno.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Bluepamex: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tinubu you know what?, just tell Alhaji Ameachi to bring you some millions of Rivers state dollars and you hand over the VP slot to him.after all we all know that he's not going anywhere with it
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by ybalogs(m): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:
Now let the fight begin....!!!

Amaechi, come back without the VP ticket and you are finished politically...!!!
Tinubu, this is your last and only opportunity don't be out smarted...!!!
SE now or never, go Okorocha go...!!!
this guy nah madaru per excellence.anyways,they are the progressives,they sure know what to do.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by pazienza(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
Not fielding a SW VP, would be silly and suicidal for APC.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by rhymz(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
I am very happy to see how Yoruba people are unwittingly displaying their inate tribalism, now them no care about change again o.... YORUBAS will only vote if there is a Yoruba person as VP..... Lol... This is music to my ears,.... The same people have been hurling propaganda about how igbos are voting Jonathan because of tribalism yet Jonathan is not even an igbo man. The difference here is that when an igbo man tells you, "I am with you on this journey through thick and thin" he means and follow it through. A Yoruba man is in it for as long as there is potential benefit he stands to gain from it... Lol. Change from progressives indeed.... Yoruba branded change from the stables of isale Eko.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Lusola15: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
Saraki is supporting Amaechi cos he wants to become the Senate president. The north will never allow the the south to take number 2 and 3 position. Wheather na pdp or aPc.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by engrhorla(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
helinues:
Rotimi Amaechi, governor of Rivers state, has revived his hopes of getting the vice-presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC), launching a last-minute move to dislodge Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos, who had looked all set to fill the slot.

Backed by Bukola Saraki, former governor of Kwara state, as well as some APC governors opposed to the candidature of Tinubu, Amaechi got the enlarged meeting of the party’s leadership in Abuja on Monday night to reset the entire selection process.

The opposition to Tinubu is based on the need to avoid a Muslim-Muslim ticket, an argument that will also knock out Babatunde Fashola, the governor of Lagos, who is well loved in many parts of Nigeria.

Tinubu is also being opposed on the basis of his “past” ─ although his supporters argue that there is no case against him, neither has he been convicted in any court of law.

Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the party, had ceded the choice of his running mate to Tinubu as the political leader of the south-west, which is the second largest voting bloc in the country.

In his calculations, Buhari had sought to avoid the mistakes he made in the past when he picked his running mates all by himself, deciding that a major power bloc should be involved this time around.
However, the south-west caucus of the APC met for long hours last weekend and could not come to a definite decision, but narrowed down to Tinubu and Yemi Osinbajo, a professor of law and former attorney general of Lagos, as well as Adams Oshiomhole, governor of Edo state which is in the south-south region.
Buhari is said to be “unenthusiastic” about Osinbajo because his gamble with Tunde Bakare, also a pastor, did not work in 2011.

But the presidential candidate is also worried about the backlash of abandoning Tinubu, who is expected to deliver the south-west in the 2015 poll.

Amaechi, who had been the biggest financier of the Buhari bid, had been left in the lurch, but his maneouvers in Abuja on Monday night may change the course of events.

Not only has it changed the direction of the discussion, other southern zones are now making a strong case for the VP slot.
The south-east, which had initially been written off as a no-go area for Buhari, is now asking to be considered, with former ANPP chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu, former Anambra governor, Chris Ngige, and governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, being given a look-in.

The enlarged meeting has now pushed the decision back to Buhari to make by himself in what will potentially put the former head of state in a tight corner.

Source: http://www.thecable.ng/vp-slot-amaechi-saraki-move-tinubu | TheCable

Don't be fooled, abeg.
All these news are mere propaganda by Jonathanians
Am not moved.

APC is well built and dey will soon present a valid, competitive and well-accepted running mate

All PDP town criers should therefore KEEP SHUT!
Order!!!!!!

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by pazienza(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dotng:

Of what electoral value is Amaechi? Can he guarantee the votes in the South East? What political loyalty does he command in the South East?

None. Only Igbos and Igbo friendly people command political loyalty in Igboland, sadly for Amaechi, he doesn't fit into any of those two groups.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
duni04:
Buhari is 71 and Tinubu is 62, and these guys are the change agents we need? undecided

yes, people with impeccable lifestyle and clean records. infact, they are not at all interested in the perks of office, they are coming to serve and to serve only. no plans of embezzlement, no plans of looting. infact, be not surprised if they leave office and are still poor. #politicians deceiving themselves since the stone age
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by comrAIHali(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:
Now let the fight begin....!!!

Amaechi, come back without the VP ticket and you are finished politically...!!!
Tinubu, this is your last and only opportunity don't be out smarted...!!!
SE now or never, go Okorocha go...!!!
This is devilish act! U should stop it! Lol
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by tecmon: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
i see Antagonistic Political Confusionists fall like lightining from the sky grin
story of failure episode 1

i wonder how ewu awusa that cannot even pick his own running mate will pick ministers, DGs , move legislative bills, Tinubu will also tell him which FEC to attend and the one not to ; NDI ARA

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by patrick89(m): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
retepmurt:
I can conclude that amaechi hs been the one bankrolling sahara reporters to pit their tent with buhari.
For the past 24hours,sahara reporters has been waging press war against the person of tinubu
Sahara reporters is obviously championing the selection of Amaechi as the vp candidate to Buhari.
they are playing your game.. So don't be too offended,
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by KLand(m): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
rawpadgin:
in the bible its says "a house that stand against itself can never stand"

Selfish ambition is really dividing the house of APC.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Tearg1: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
seyiogunjuyigbe:

bros, settle amicably? for where? All these guys are power hungry; each privately seeking his own.

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by tecmon: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
mmiri eju nwa awo onu

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by rhymz(m): 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
tecmon:
mmiri eju nwa awo onu
Hahaha.... Brouhaha hahahahh.... TINUBU for show the Yoruba brand of politics that is very synonymous with Southwest... Lol.... Him think say na rivers be this one wey every man dey use physical strength brawn and macho to win positions..... Over there in the West, you have to first be a Yoruba man, then you can start talking. Lol

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by bright1111: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
helinues:
Rotimi Amaechi, governor of Rivers state, has revived his hopes of getting the vice-presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC), launching a last-minute move to dislodge Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos, who had looked all set to fill the slot.

Backed by Bukola Saraki, former governor of Kwara state, as well as some APC governors opposed to the candidature of Tinubu, Amaechi got the enlarged meeting of the party’s leadership in Abuja on Monday night to reset the entire selection process.

The opposition to Tinubu is based on the need to avoid a Muslim-Muslim ticket, an argument that will also knock out Babatunde Fashola, the governor of Lagos, who is well loved in many parts of Nigeria.

Tinubu is also being opposed on the basis of his “past” ─ although his supporters argue that there is no case against him, neither has he been convicted in any court of law.

Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the party, had ceded the choice of his running mate to Tinubu as the political leader of the south-west, which is the second largest voting bloc in the country.

In his calculations, Buhari had sought to avoid the mistakes he made in the past when he picked his running mates all by himself, deciding that a major power bloc should be involved this time around.
However, the south-west caucus of the APC met for long hours last weekend and could not come to a definite decision, but narrowed down to Tinubu and Yemi Osinbajo, a professor of law and former attorney general of Lagos, as well as Adams Oshiomhole, governor of Edo state which is in the south-south region.
Buhari is said to be “unenthusiastic” about Osinbajo because his gamble with Tunde Bakare, also a pastor, did not work in 2011.

But the presidential candidate is also worried about the backlash of abandoning Tinubu, who is expected to deliver the south-west in the 2015 poll.

Amaechi, who had been the biggest financier of the Buhari bid, had been left in the lurch, but his maneouvers in Abuja on Monday night may change the course of events.

Not only has it changed the direction of the discussion, other southern zones are now making a strong case for the VP slot.
The south-east, which had initially been written off as a no-go area for Buhari, is now asking to be considered, with former ANPP chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu, former Anambra governor, Chris Ngige, and governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, being given a look-in.

The enlarged meeting has now pushed the decision back to Buhari to make by himself in what will potentially put the former head of state in a tight corner.

Source: http://www.thecable.ng/vp-slot-amaechi-saraki-move-tinubu | TheCable
ISLAMIC JIHAD HAS ENGULFED THE WORLD UNAWARE

Who is an INFIDEL?

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry.

"The man who walks with God always gets to his destination".

If you still have a pulse, you have a divine purpose to accomplish.

As it stands today, the Islamic religion is the fastest
growing religion per capita in the United States, especially amongst the minority races!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session, there was presentations by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim who each explained their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say. So, the Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Muslim and asked:

'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the
infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation,
he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I then responded. So, let me make sure I have this straight ie. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. 'He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine the Pope can command all Catholics to kill those of your faith or in addition, Dr Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Muslim was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your
brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me!

Let me ask you a question:

Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to
heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me too?'
You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the naked truth about the evil in Muslims' beliefs.

Therefore, the way things are going now in the next 10 years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President!
Enough Muslim voters in the UK to vote in the Prime Minister. In fact, by 2019 when Boko Haram had finished their depopulation of Christians in Nigeria, there may be no Christian candidates to stand for elective post in the next 5 years.
Think about your children's world. I think everyone in the WORLD!!! should be required to read this, but with the careless attitude of most believers, there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it to relations and friends! This is your chance to make a difference...

Please, for Christ's sake, pass it on! Thanks.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Habeyy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Vikky014:
i also blame GEJ for nt sending u to sch. angry*mordified*dnt mind me.
sup with u
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by lyricalz: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Una dey rush, fighting for vp's position when its sure dat PDP will sure win with wide margin. APC the boko haram party.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Vikky014(f): 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
Habeyy:
sup with u
fyn dearie
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by nduchucks: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
tit:
show some love to Tinubu.
it is not fair.

Showing love to Tinubu in this case is tantamount to giving the clueless one a free pass.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Descartes: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
nduchucks:

Showing love to Tinubu in this case is tantamount to giving the clueless one a free pass.

But at this critical moment, they should allow Tinubu to have a say else he'll sell out cos he has nothing to lose.

Rather he will start another dubious merger with either APGA or SDP against 2019 in order to bury APC with Buhari over ambition and stay afloat cheesy

What do you think? wink
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Anglovel: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Descartes:
Democracy in action smiley

Tinubu has something up his sleeves shocked shocked

This game is becoming interesting grin

Don't be deceived by their antics, though it's the part of the game.
To me APC has chosen the VP to the Flag bearer Buhari since after the primaries. All these political dramas are ploys to keep the ruling party busy thereby taken them by surprise at the end of the day cheesy

Cogito ergo sum

Wisdom is a function of Humility and indeed the Principle thing cool
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by cutecanson(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
funny hw some ppl define 'CHANGE'.....let's see the change they re yennin abt
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by staymore: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
aguiyi:

mugu, una no fit unite pick a running mate na to unite win una go fit do abeg park well grin grin
Tyson99, park well and answer the question.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Francomekus(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
As APC dey form like say, dey don already win.All dis tins for notin. PDP just park one side dey look them dey mumu.
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by peterafolayan(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Personally l dont have problem with muslim/Muslim ticket but looking at what the Christains in North East and North west are going through. It will take hard work for them to vote APC

Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kenai:

SE will not trickle a single vote for Buhari because of Amaechi, please.
Amaechi is Ikwerre, not Igbo. And we don't see them as our brothers.

Better join the winning team bro...you know y'all an insignificant few...y'all dont count... tongue
Re: VP Slot: Amaechi, Saraki Move Against Tinubu by Tonylyte(m): 8:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
priscaoge:

Y won't u pick a weak brain? I'm not surprised,be assured He's not going anywhere
My baby u never disapoint. More greaze to your elbow.

Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post / VGC Lagos Flooded After Rain Yesterday Evening (Photos) / Niger Bridge At Risk Of Collapse, Igbo Group Cries Out

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61