Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25489 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2006
enugu jisie ike(keep trying) he may yet answer us.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:52am On Aug 31, 2006
loverbwoy what are you saying exactly? since u know so much of Islam why are you not answering the questions.

erm abeg o
u are always quick to jump to conclusions, you read propaganda websites thoroughly than anyone else but u still don't read what people write or maybe u just choose not to understand

I DONT TALK FOR ANY MUSLIM! I DONT CLAIM,NEVER CLAiMED TO KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE ON ANYTHING esp religion/race sectarainism,i think babyosisi is an expert in these sections  cheesy, just saying [size=14pt]my[/size] 2cents as usual

there's no crime avoiding questions i don't know the answer to and you keep asking questions like every question have a yes and no answer
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:55am On Aug 31, 2006
babyosisi:

and the reformed moderates will not admit this though we know better.

more like some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that moderates are different even though they claim to know better

how can you ask a yoruba man why the hausas are always rioting?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Logical(m): 3:57am On Aug 31, 2006
The tenets of Islam are as easy as it it is. Pray, Give Alms, Fast, Perform Pilgrimage and Attesting to the existence of Allah and the prophethood of Muhammad? Maybe next time when anyone of you say the tenets of Islam contains any part that says wage war, you wouldn't mind to say, thats your own concorted version of Islam. That would be appreciated.

@enugu
I might have missed out your questions, nevertheless, you shouldnt jump into conclusion and assume that I intentionally missed it, I was following the pattern of the thread to answer questions. Nevertheless, your question would be, sorry I couldnt find it?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by ayinla2005: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2006
@logical,pls do not answer them ,they are bunch of fools whose aim is to discredit islam,there is nothing on earth you will say that will satisfy them.We all kept quiet because we realise they have no meaningful contribution to the thread but to confuse and deceive people,and their sole mission is to discredit islam at all cost ( no matter how convince your argument might be ).silence is the best answer for fools like them.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Orikinla(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2006
Why did Osama bin Laden dodge from becoming a suicide bomber?
But he encourages thousands of other muslims to become suicide bombers.
Leadership is by example, let Osama bin Laden become a suicide bomber and die in their next suicidal terrorist bomb attacks.

Who is fooling whom?

Anyone who disagrees with me is an ignorant fool.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
- William G. McAdoo
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by enugu(f): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2006
[i]@enugu
I might have missed out your questions, nevertheless, you shouldnt jump into conclusion and assume that I intentionally missed it, I was following the pattern of the thread to answer questions. Nevertheless, your question would be, sorry I couldnt find it? [/i]

@Logical, precisely my point

[i]@logical,please do not answer them ,they are bunch of fools whose aim is to discredit islam,there is nothing on earth you will say that will satisfy them.We all kept quiet because we realise they have no meaningful contribution to the thread but to confuse and deceive people,and their sole mission is to discredit islam at all cost ( no matter how convince your argument might be ).silence is the best answer for fools like them.[/i]

@ayinla2005
I agree, you're too 'wise' for the rest of us. So i'll leave it at that. Quid pro quo
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2006
ayinla2005:

@logical,please do not answer them ,they are bunch of fools whose aim is to discredit islam,there is nothing on earth you will say that will satisfy them.We all kept quiet because we realise they have no meaningful contribution to the thread but to confuse and deceive people,and their sole mission is to discredit islam at all cost ( no matter how convince your argument might be ).silence is the best answer for fools like them.

And you will find yourself a bigger fool when the notherners blow you yeye yoruba muslims away.

Go and ask questions,the Yoruba muslims are also mini infidels when the slaughter starts up north,your brother logical knows and confirmed that.

It is clear why you cannot answer any questions,any politically correct answer you give will not jive with the Koran.
You definitely have my utmost sympathy.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2006
LoverBwoy:

erm abeg o
u are always quick to jump to conclusions, you read propaganda websites thoroughly than anyone else but u still don't read what people write or maybe u just choose not to understand

I DONT TALK FOR ANY MUSLIM! I DONT CLAIM,NEVER CLAiMED TO KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE ON ANYTHING esp religion/race sectarainism,i think babyosisi is an expert in these sections  cheesy, just saying [size=14pt]my[/size] 2cents as usual

there's no crime avoiding questions i don't know the answer to and you keep asking questions like every question have a yes and no answer

O I C I see you are still in the embryonic Islamic stage,stay that way so we don't end up with something else on our hands. grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2006
I think from what some of us post here we can easily say who is bad or who is good. I dont think its a good thing to start looking out for troubles and i dont think its good for someone to abuse the priviledge offered by the host of this forum to slander other people just because they are muslims irrespective of their personal conducts.

I dont think you can argue with anybody calling you fools because you ve not given him enough evidence to call you a more appropriate name.

i am a northern muslim and i respect the sanctity of human life. Religious belief is a personal thing and i dont care if anyone choose to worship monkeys.

I think we may review some of our messages to avoid someone mistaking us for fools.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2006
belloti:

I think from what some of us post here we can easily say who is bad or who is good. I don't think its a good thing to start looking out for troubles and i don't think its good for someone to abuse the priviledge offered by the host of this forum to slander other people just because they are muslims irrespective of their personal conducts.

I don't think you can argue with anybody calling you fools because you ve not given him enough evidence to call you a more appropriate name.

i am a northern muslim and i respect the sanctity of human life. Religious belief is a personal thing and i don't care if anyone choose to worship monkeys.

I think we may review some of our messages to avoid someone mistaking us for fools.

Isn't there a big contradiction between your first paragraph and the second,"Mr Wisdom"
You are definitely free to believe in monkeys if you choose as long as you don't unleash them to bite others.
That is the whole essence of what we've been saying
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2006
That is the whole essence of what we've been saying.

what we are saying is that the so called holy and "we are more educated/modern than you" people should use thier education to acknowledge the fact that generalising is not exactly smart. seems the are constantly feuling hatred and hostility

Anyone that is not your tribe and religion is backwards and illeterate wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2006
enough already.
Now since the Muslims also say they believe in the Torah and Injil
(Old and new testament).
This is a link to some old testament prophecies,hundreds of years before Christ and the fulfilment in Christ,hundreds of years afterwards proving him to be the son of God,messiah,savior of the world.

Happy viewing.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/prophchr.html

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/prophmessiah.html
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2006
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2006
I think its enough with these posts already.

Muslims are not bad, people are. If Muslims were bad, i think Nigeria will be in turmoil or extinct, because about 50% of Muslims that make up Nigeria would have been killing or doing something bad to non-muslims everyday abi. And the onther 50% of non Muslims would have been retaliating everyday.

Abi?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
@nilla,I wish I could agree.
Could you possibly tell that to the parents of the child in this story.

Islamic Violence Paralyzes Teenager, Churches in Nigeria
Added: Jul 10th, 2006 5:30 PM

Machete cuts down 15-year-old boy in Kaduna state, nerve center of extremism.
by Obed Minchakpu

KADUNA, Nigeria, July 10 (Compass Direct) -- For two years Francis Yohanna Anche, 15, has been suffering from a brain injury he sustained when Muslim students in his high school in Zaria city attacked Christian students. His right hand and leg are still paralyzed from a machete cut to his head.

Muslim students at the Government Science Secondary School-Kufena, Anche told Compass, had written a letter on June 24, 2004[b] warning Christian students that they should stop worshipping in the school’s chapel or else face their wrath.[/b]
“Our school fellowship leaders took the letter to Mallam Nuhu, our principal, but nothing was done to stop the plan to attack us,” Anche said. That night around 1 a.m., sensing the Muslim students were bent on attacking, the school’s Christians gathered in the chapel to pray, he said.

Soon Muslim students began stoning the Christians inside the chapel, he said.“There was pandemonium. Some of us jumped out of the chapel through the windows while others rushed for the door,” Anche said. “When I sensed that there was danger for me to remain in the chapel, I ran out as fast as I could, but I became tired and they caught up with me. All I can remember is that I received a cut on my head.”

Anche was in coma for two weeks at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, where he underwent surgery on his brain. He still suffers severe headaches from the injury, besides the paralysis of the right hand and leg. He said his father, Sgt. Yohanna Anche of the Nigeria Police in Dankande, died on June 22 after his condition was weakened from bearing the burden of Francis’ pain and paralysis.

Anche has four siblings. He fears that his mother Grace, an elementary teacher in Dandimi village, may also become burdened by his incapacitation.

Seven other Christian students also sustained injuries in this attack. This was not the first such incident in the school, where Christians have endured periodic assaults.
Cradle of Militancy

The Rev. Joseph Hayap, secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Kaduna chapter, confirmed the attack on Christian students at the school, adding that the Muslim students burned down the chapel.

Hayap, who raised some 200,000 naira (US$1,558) for Anche’s hospital treatment, said such attacks are one of many problems facing Christians in the northern Nigerian state of Kaduna. Christian leaders in the state describe it as the nerve center of Islamic extremism, where many religious conflicts in northern Nigeria originate and spread to other parts of Nigeria.

[b]In some parts of the state, Christians are dragged before Islamic law (sharia) courts
. The introduction of the Islamic legal system in 2000, they said, has contributed to the escalation of religious conflicts in some parts of the state.

Hayap, a Baptist pastor with the Nigerian Baptist Convention, has chronicled over 20 religious conflicts in Kaduna state from 1987 to 2006. These conflicts, he said, resulted in the killing of over 25,000 Christians and the destruction of about 500 churches in Makarfi, Kaduna, Kafanchan, Zangon Kataf, Kasuwa Magani, and Zaria.

“I was a witness to them, and I even participated in mass burials of the victims as the secretary of the Kaduna state chapter of CAN,” he said. “I know very well that these casualty figures of Christians that were killed are not fake, which is the impression that some people want to create. These Christians were indeed killed by Muslim fanatics.”

Hayap added that there have been unending religious conflicts in the state’s Ahmadu Bello University-Zaria, Kaduna Polytechnic, Federal College of Education-Zaria, and the Kaduna State Polytechnic-Zaria.

He noted that a pastor was recently set ablaze in his room by Muslims in Zaria city.“All these attacks on Christians have made us realize that Christians are dealing with Muslims whose ways of promoting their religion is war,” he said. “Muslims like doing what they are doing, killing and burning churches.
Hayap alludes to the constitutional crisis that has erupted over the imposition of sharia in 12 northern states when he locates the main cause of religious conflict in the Muslim desire to make the Quran supreme over the Nigerian constitution.

He believes that this attitude leads Muslims to believe they are above the law.“The problem we have had in Nigeria is that there has been no rule of law,” he said. “They see Islam as a religion whose adherents cannot be subject to the rule of law.”

Kaduna state now operates with a dual legal system, sharia and the customary legal system. The Kaduna government claimed it was establishing the customary courts to serve Christians and animists.

Hayap, however, said the customary courts are run in accordance with traditional religious practices of animists and hence do not serve the interest of Christians. By allowing the dual system, the government was only trying to create the impression that it was addressing injustice done to Christians, he said.

“The truth is that the sharia law or the sharia courts in Kaduna state were given to the Muslims, but Christians were given none, because customary courts are not for Christians,” Hayap said.

Christians’ rejection of sharia has nothing to do with opposition to amputations or prohibition of prostitution and drunkenness, he said.

“[b]Christians in Nigeria have rejected the sharia because it stops evangelism,” he said. “If sharia is in place, and if a Muslim after hearing the gospel makes a decision to receive Jesus, he is killed by Muslims for converting to Christianity.”[/b]Diverted Social Funds

Another reason Christian leaders oppose sharia is that resources granted for social services can be diverted into propagating Islam.

In agreement on this point are Hayap; Anglican Bishop of Wusasa Diocese in Zaria Ali Buba Lamido; Secretary-General of the Northern Nigeria CAN chapter Deacon Saidu Dogo; and Dr. Bitrus Gani, chairman of the board of Governors of Hope for the Blind Centre in Zaria. These Christian leaders assert that resources meant for services such as hospitals, schools, roads, and utility services are now being diverted toward building Islamic institutions, payment of Muslim judges, and enticing poor Christian women and orphans into Islam.

They insist that innocent and largely illiterate Christians in the villages are dragged daily before Islamic courts. They cite numerous cases of Christians who have been tried in Islamic courts and are jailed, or are standing trial in these courts, while the Nigerian government seems helpless to intervene.
Dogo confirms the fact that innocent and the little educated rural Christians have become victims of Islamic law.

“On a general note, what we discovered is that the introduction of sharia was purely to hoodwink people who are not educated enough to understand the implication,” Dogo said. “Muslim leaders implementing the sharia use it unjustly in punishing the less privileged in northern Nigeria, particularly Christians.”

Muslim-controlled governments have banned the teaching of Christian Religious Knowledge to Christian students in schools, and all media houses in these states have been banned from airing Christian programs, Dogo added.
He said town planning authorities have been denying churches approval to develop their properties, which has led to the demolition of church buildings.

“Churches have now become targets of town planning authorities,” he said. “These agencies of Islamic governments now boldly demolish churches at will, alleging that such churches are illegal structures.”

Furthermore, he said, whenever Christians build houses and convert them into churches because they have been denied approval for church buildings, these homes are then marked as illegal structures and demolished.

“Yet, Muslims everywhere build mosques and approvals for them are not required,” Dogo said. “That is what it means to be a Christian in Islamic states like Kaduna.”

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2006
The above shows the tolerant religion of peace and sharia in action.
That is the reality,the white painted sepulchre as presented by the Muslim forumites to confuse the gullible.
A religion of peace producing hoodlums in arabia and Northern Nigeria backed by sharia governments.

Be not deceived

There are good and bad Muslims by human interp but Islam is evil.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2006
babyosisi

I read your article and all i can say is that i think sharia is bad but I can't say Muslims are bad
babyosisi:

There are good and bad Muslims by human interp but Islam is evil.

I don't know enough about Islam to agree with you that it is evil, nothwithstanding the article.

But we should not just generalize because bad things where done by a group of Muslims.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2006
nilla:

babyosisi

I read your article and all i can say is that i think sharia is bad but I can't say Muslims are bad
I don't know enough about Islam to agree with you that it is evil, nothwithstanding the article.
i think sharia is bad but I can't say Muslims are bad
I am still trying to make sense of the above statement. Sharia is bad but the muslims who practice it are not bad! - What is the difference between that and the following statement - killing is bad but those that kill are not bad!

nilla:

But we should not just generalize because bad things where done by a group of Muslims.
We do not "generalise" when bad things are done by a "group" of muslims, but when bad things have become the norm for a "group" of muslims and are praised rather than denounced by the other "group" of muslims, then we are left with no option but to "generalise". The sad thing is we end up discovering that rather than "generalising" we are only saying what is true of the majority!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2006
Now watch several  clips how they indoctrinate their young ones to blow themselves up.
This is revolting.

http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=165#
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2006
@ davidylan

Do all Muslims practice sharia?
I don't think so.

@ babyosisi
will watch the clip later, i have to sign out now.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
nilla:

@ davidylan

Do all Muslims practice sharia?
I don't think so.

No! Neither does everyone kill! It still does not make sense that killing is bad and those that kill are not bad simply because not everyone kills!

The question is not whether everyone practices sharia or not! Do palestinians, Jordanians, Iraqis, Syrians, Lebanese, Somalis, sudanese all practice sharia? Did the UK "home-grown" terrorists practice sharia? Did the sept 11 bombers practice sharia? Was it sharia that prompted them to kill?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2006
Direct from the horses mouth!

Hamas government spokesman, Ghazi Hamad, has conceded that not all Gaza's problems can be blamed on the Israelis.
There are numerous militia groups and powerful clans that operate beyond the control of the weak security forces.

"Gaza is suffering under the yoke of anarchy and the swords of thugs," wrote Mr Hamad.

"We're used to blaming our mistakes on others. [But] what is the relationship between the chaos, anarchy, lawlessness, indiscriminate murders, theft of land, family rivalries, and the occupation?" he asked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5304328.stm

They said their problem was the Isreali occupation of Gaza, now the Isrealis left, what have they done with the Gaza they were willing to commit suicide for?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2006
logical said only about 10% of Muslims are the ones prone to making large bonfires,strapping up and slicing off heads.
If I believe him,what is 10% of 1 billion ?
And where on earth did they get the idea to do so? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2006
those 10million must be very good at blowing themselves up and causing chaos seeing the whole world has had to take security measures to protect their citizens from the horde of rampaging slaves of Allah!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2006
We do not "generalise" when bad things are done by a "group" of muslims, but when bad things have become the norm for a "group" of muslims and are praised rather than denounced by the other "group" of muslims, then we are left with no option but to "generalise". The sad thing is we end up discovering that rather than "generalising" we are only saying what is true of the majority

so when a white man says
Black people are underachievers , they are only saying the truth wink
maybe the other group should stop living their lives and start buying PR companies and media outlets to announce to the world they dont support it, i wonder if the cnn you are watching interview muslims
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2006
LoverBwoy:

so when a white man says
Black people are underachievers , they are only saying the truth wink
maybe the other group should stop living their lives and start buying PR companies and media outlets to announce to the world they don't support it, i wonder if the cnn you are watching interview muslims

No sir! I do not watch CNN, not after their blatant lies ala Nic Robertson during the Isreal-Lebanon crisis!
Why must CNN interview muslims? Do they interview christians on why they are not bombing innocent civilians? Muslims do not need to use media propaganda to let us know Islam truly means "peace", christians have not had to do that. Actions speak louder than words!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:37am On Sep 02, 2006
and what action has the other man in ajegunle taken to warrant him being labelled as bad
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 02, 2006
a reminder of todays reality.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A passenger revolt occurred on a Malaga-Manchester flight. Vacationing Brits refused to fly with two Arabic-speaking men. This came in the wake of arrests of 21 British-born Muslims who were plotting to blow up as many as 11 trans-Atlantic flights.

A spokesman for Britain’s opposition Tory party said the passengers panicked into “behaving irrationally.” Fancy that, not wanting to fly with members of a faith whose adherents keep trying to blow things up. Oh, how irrational!

Within days of this incident, a Lebanese student was arrested for trying to plant bombs on German trains. In India, meanwhile, a group with alleged ties to al-Qaeda threatened to blow up the 17th century Taj Mahal.

If Muslims make travelers nervous, it’s not without cause.

Would you be more likely to have an anxiety attack at 20,000 feet if the passenger seated next to you was: A) An Irish nun saying the Rosary? B) A Mormon missionary in regulation white shirt and narrow, black tie? C) A Hari Krishna in a standard-issue saffron robe? or D) A bearded bloke of Middle Eastern complexion holding a well-thumbed Koran?

When you hear of a terrorist incident, is the first thought that pops into your head: Probably some crazy Muslim? Guess what? It probably was some crazy Muslim!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:12am On Sep 02, 2006
when u hear of a well respected man being in possesion of hardcore porn and child porn or grooming and raping young boys, whats the first thing that pops into ya head? probably some crazy christain oh yes it is grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

when u hear of a well respected man being in possesion of hardcore porn and child porn or grooming and raping young boys, whats the first thing that pops into ya head? probably some crazy christain oh yes it is grin

He probably learnt it from  mo mo,the bad guy.
a man with the sexual strength of 30 men and went around 22 women and children in one night.
TRY AGAIN.
oops,I promised to leave him alone.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2006
evidence?  wink hearsay

i got real life evidence of your pastors n their ushers  grin

Pastors that create miracle babies

Pastors with airlines and MLM prohrammes

so much for modern religion grin

God save us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / Ages Of Animals That Can Be Used For Eid Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.