Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President (582 Views)

Is Goodluck Jonathan The Worst Ever Nigerian Civilian President? / Jonathan Is The Last Civilian President —Prophet Godfrey Gbujie / Acn: If Not For Media, Abacha Would Have Killed Obasanjo . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President by Petrosonly: 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Copied this from a friend's wall:

I think Late Gen. Sani Abacha will make a great president. During his time, Naira was stable and petrol price was #11.00. Apart from his human right abuses and extra judicial killings, he was a great general. Boko Haram will not even try to exist. The Nigerian Army was ranked among the world's best. Our borders and territorial waters were secured. I never heard or read about illegal oil bunkering on a large scale or some payment to some cabals. He was the cabal. He put Obasanjo, Diya and all other army generals in the gulag. Our Secret Service displayed a high level of Intelligence gathering. It was staffed with seasoned agents like Sergeant Rogers, remember him? Major General Al Mustapha, his chief of staff, was a diligent soldier.

Oh I forgot to mention Kerosene was expensive and we cooked with saw dust but we witnessed unprecedented Federal government road constructions all over the country. They were good roads done by Julius Berger. There were less abandoned projects. Civil servants were punctual. There was a well disciplined citizenry. In fact, musicians like Killington Ayinla and others sang in protest against the hardship we were facing and Abacha did not jail him.

I should also mention that General Buhari, in all his integrity, served meritoriously under General Sani Abacha as PTF chairman. Although about estimated $5Billion disappeared under his watch. Buhari did not steal a kobo right? He was only silent while they were robbing us dry. Apart from poor funding of public education, Maryam Abacha was helping poor women to start businesses.
I wonder why a lot of people took to the streets celebrating his unfortunate demise.

Late General Abacha would have been a great civilian president if he had succeeded in his plan to transition to a civilian president. He was a thief but a good one.
This is what revisionist history can do. I lived through Abacha's regime and we were poor and oppressed, no matter how they package a candidate, those who experienced his regime will never forget. I hope our eyes are open as we approach 2015.
Re: Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President by waleadex(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
What are you saying? Wake up from your slumber.
Re: Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President by Ezedon(m): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thats Abacha now Buhari is on a mission to complete Abacha's aim by squeezing us dry
Re: Abacha Would Have Made A Great Civilian President by saintikechi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
buhari steals with integrity, $50 billion ? thats what i call "intergritorial stealing"

(1) (Reply)

45 Million Delegates Money Tears Eket Apart * Nduese Essien, Aniekan Akpan, / FG Denies 1bn Dollars Missing From Excess Crude Account / A Letter Of Warning And Germane Information To Ekiti State Governor....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.