Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] (55326 Views)

Message From Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by chuksmad(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:
Be it Osinbajo, Oshiomole or Amaechi, it's a sure success.

Modified*

Congrats to you GMB for sticking with someone from the SW where the election will be decided.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu after Buhari rejected him for the slot. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.

Going SS would have been much more difficult to sell to the Yorubas because the ticket does not guarantee them the presidency even in the next eight years especially when they have been marginalized by GEJ for the past six years. So, how do you convince them to troop out on election day?

Besides, nothing you can give the SS/SE now, not even the presidential slot, that will make them vote against "their son".

Once the election is won, Amaechi and other SS's APC guys will have their own dues?

An Amaechi as the Petroleum Minister won't be a bad idea for example

All in all, I see this choice as the best option to defeat PDP.

PDP/GEJ now be like " ... shitting in their pants"
This guy just dey analyze what you don't know. Who told u that GEJ is afraid to confront GMB

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by iluvnaija: 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
hadizadeezy:
They claimed he is a Religious fanatics, yet he
picked Chuba Okadigbo a ROMAN CATHOLIC
member as Running mate in 2003. They are
shouting he is a Religious Bigot, yet Renowned
and Respected Pastor Tunde Bakare accepted to
be his running mate in 2011. Now he has pick
intelligent Professor Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) as
running mate, a well respected PASTOR of
Redeem Christian Church of God. It is a high
time Nigerians should understand that PDP
deliberately capitalised on the gullibility of
Nigerians to paint him black. This they did in
order to keep on looting the treasury and ensure
that he never gets the opportunity to stop all
their atrocities How many Nigerians would hold
the appointment of government, minister of
petroleum, PTF chairman and head of state yet
don’t own a house in Abuja and has NO foreign
account?? Vote Competency, Commitment and
Good Character. #VoteBUHARI /Osinbajo in 2015.
# Vote APC. A Combo of INTEGRITY and
INTELLIGENT for a Better and Greater Nigeria

Add this,
APC! Change Jonathan!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Dammyllionaire(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
Quatermaine:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1949931_img4944_jpeg67222ca636b2331ef4f509b4d8181887

Is this Man a Pastor in RCCG? his face looks very familiar..

YES, he is RCCG pastor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Anoneism(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

Yemi Osibanjo, SAN is a Nigerian professor of Public law, former Solicitor General and Attorney-General of Lagos State, Nigeria.

Life and career

He was born in Lagos State, Nigeria into the family of the late Sir. Adeyemi. He obtained a Bachelor of Law, LL.B from the University of Lagos, an and a Master of law, LL. M from the London School of Economics. Osibanjo is an Erudite scholar and motivational speaker who has held some leadership position.[2] Between 1988 to 1991, he was the Special Advisor to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.[3][4] He later joined the services of the University of Lagos where he became a professor of Public law and was appointed as the Head of Department of Public Law in 1997, a position he held for 2 years (1997-1999).[5] After his tenure in 1999, he was immediately appointed as the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of Lagos State under the administration of senator Bola Tinubu, who is now the National Leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC Osibanjo held this position for 8 years, until the end of his tenure in 2007.[6] He his the chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of Redeemer's University[7] and a solicitor to the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi on the suits against Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.[8][9]

On December 17 2014, he was nominated as the All Progressive Congress, APC running mate of General Muhammadu Buhari for the 2015 Presidential Election.
Membership

He is a member of the following professional bodies:

Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association,
Member of the Nigerian Body of Benchers
Member of Council of Legal Education in Nigeria and Senior Advocate of Nigeria
You forgot to add this;
Member of the All Progressive Congress (APC), the soon-to-be largest political party in Africa and the ruling party in Nigeria........................
it is my earnest prayer that he will not end up being a disgrace to academia like that our brother with Phd which his life doesn't epitomize.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Legacy44(f): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmm...the battle lines have been drawn.

GEJ and GMB no need further campaign. Every Nigerian has chosen sides already...
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Yksoul(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
WHAT MOST OF U DONT KNOW IS,OSIBANJO IS GOING TO BE USED TO HELP BUARI FIGHT CORRUPTION WTH THE KNOWLEDGE OF D RULE OF LAW,WHILE BUARI GOES AHEAD TO HANDLE OTHER AREAS SECURITY E.T.C.IF WE TACKLE CORRUPTION 60% OF NIGERIA PROBLEMS IS SOLVED.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by honeric01(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
Anoneism:

You forgot to add this;
Member of the All Progressive Congress (APC), the soon-to-be largest political party in Africa and the ruling party in Nigeria........................
it is my earnest prayer that he will not end up being a disgrace to academia like that our brother with Phd which his life doesn't epitomize.

Read it well, he's not a novice in politics, he was in Tinubu's government for 8 solid years!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Quatermaine: 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Dammyllionaire:

YES, he is RCCG pastor

Wow..

Omo na serious change dey come oh..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Ifeann(f): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
courage54:

My dear dont believe most of those PDP propaganda that they spread online. They are just doing those things to mal the chracter of the General. Am acute christian from the same region with mr President but am rooting for Buhari because i no what he stand for and what he can achieve for Nigeria if given the opportunity to serve. So dont let anybody deceive you. If Buhari is so guilty of those allegations what now stop the PDP government from charging him to court after he has challenge them to show up evidence?

You sound like a sincere person who is tired of the status quo like most nigerians but You see, I am not even saying you should vote PDP, I don't even like PDP. But I posit that APC under Buhari is NOT the answer. If you read my earlier comments you will see valid reasons why I have this opinion.
PDP has Their propaganda, APC has their propaganda. However, there is propaganda and there are Facts.

Do you realize that the Moslem north has ruled this country for most of its existence and has destroyed it with just 3 weapons tribalism, religious bigotry and Nepotism.

You asked, "If Buhari is so guilty of those allegations what now stop the PDP government from charging him to court after he has challenge them to show up evidence?"
I don't knw which allegation you mean. The PDP cannot take him to court for loving and vehemently supporting a sharia law governed Islamic Nigeria.
I guess you are talking about his former CPC supporters rioting and murdering INEC and NYSC members. In that case my answer is the lack of EVIDENCE and our poor justice system. I don't even believe that buhari would have approved of his supporters doing those things.

But you must remember this, on a crime scene, a Lack of evidence does mean a crime was not committed.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Yksoul(m): 4:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
PLS GO BACK AND READ APOSTLE SULEIMAN'S PROPHECIES AND SEE MOST OF WHAT HE SAID WOULD HAPPEN REALLY HAPPENED.AND HE SAID 2015 70% OF 2015 ELECTION RESULT WOULD BE WON BY APC.PROPHET HAD SPOKEN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
Descartes:

Which tribe introduced tribalism in our political stream? undecided

Stop asking stupid question.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Descartes: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
ilugunboy:

Stop asking stupid question.

Answer my question and free your mind undecided
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Jocdon(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Case closed
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yksoul:
PLS GO BACK AND READ APOSTLE SULEIMAN'S PROPHECIES AND SEE MOST OF WHAT HE SAID WOULD HAPPEN REALLY HAPPENED.AND HE SAID 2015 70% OF 2015 ELECTION RESULT WOULD BE WON BY APC.PROPHET HAD SPOKEN.
GEJ would likely be reelected, but the APC will form the majority in the NASS.
Oluremi Tinubu for Senate President
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Descartes:

Answer my question and free your mind undecided

Never quote me again on this board.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by courage54(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

My dear Buhari might not be perfect but he is not what some people painted him to be. Just follow your mind. but if actually u want a better Nigeria where our young girls will no longer be kidnap, where our graduates will no longer be killed in the preocess of seeking for jobs then lets try Buhari. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Descartes: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
ilugunboy:

Never quote me again on this board.

And have done it again; if you feel aggrieved by my reply to you,then go to court and seek for redress, ok? undecided
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by orimsamsam(m): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

You sound like a sincere person who is tired of the status quo like most nigerians but You see, I am not even saying you should vote PDP, I don't even like PDP. But I posit that APC under Buhari is NOT the answer. If you read my earlier comments you will see valid reasons why I have this opinion.
PDP has Their propaganda, APC has their propaganda. However, there is propaganda and there are Facts.

Do you realize that the Moslem north has ruled this country for most of its existence and has destroyed it with just 3 weapons tribalism, religious bigotry and Nepotism.

You asked, "If Buhari is so guilty of those allegations what now stop the PDP government from charging him to court after he has challenge them to show up evidence?"
I don't knw which allegation you mean. The PDP cannot take him to court for loving and vehemently supporting a sharia law governed Islamic Nigeria.
I guess you are talking about his former CPC supporters rioting and murdering INEC and NYSC members. In that case my answer is the lack of EVIDENCE and our poor justice system. I don't even believe that buhari would have approved of his supporters doing those things.

But you must remember this, on a crime scene, a Lack of evidence does mean a crime was not committed.
. You are sayin that you dont like pdp but buhari is nt the option abi. But presently the presidential race is just two horse. Who will you vote. I guess jonathan because he can islaminized nigeria abi
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by orimsamsam(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

presently the race is btw two people buhari and jonathan. You cant continue to hide under the banner of religion to vote 4 gej.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by orimsamsam(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ifeann:

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by lekside11: 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
I think we need to check out his biography before making any comment him.

http://kokomansion.com/check-out-the-biography-of-buharis-running-mate-prof-yemi-osinbajo/

I believe it is one of the finest thing to have happened to Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by tomzman: 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
This is a good development. Now the fears of we Christians are gone. I would gladly vote Buhari and Osinbajo come Feb.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by samuel25(m): 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:

Congrats to you GMB for sticking with someone from the SW where the election will be decided.

In 2011, Buhari did not have the support of Tinubu, Fashola and all other APC politicians which he now enjoys. I am very sure that Osinbajo was nominated by Tinubu. So, Tinubu and the rest APC governors will surely deliver the votes.
And Amaechi and other APC in SS/SE will have their due if APC win. AMAECHI AS PETROL MINISTER WONT BE BAD IDEA.

Change indeed.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by specco(m): 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmmm...... from Pastor Tunde Bakare in 2011 to Pastor Yemi Osibanjo in 2015. All in a desperate move to win the Presidential election. This man wants to hoodwink the Christians by all means and before you know it his wife may 'convert' to Christianity to complete the facade.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by coldFLARES1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
[quote author=arsetalks post=28959540] You are wrong there. There is no how you can convince those in the SS and SE to vote against GEJ enmass. No bigotry but the electorate in those regions have their minds made up. They see GEJ as one of their own even if he is not doing anything for them.

U nailed it there! I'm Deltan fully loaded for Buhari, however while doing some rounds of beer with my friend from Bayelsa last night he agreed our brother doesn't deserve to continue but he'll nonetheless vote him.
An analysis of the results of the 2011 presidendential elections shows that PDP won all states in the SS and SE with at least 90 percent of registered voters 'participating'. That is where I get uncomfortable knowing that realistically, not more than 60 percent of registered voters took part in the polls. I voted in PH and saw how Amaechi gave PDP/GEJ close to 2m votes representing about 95 percent of registered voters.
Personally, making a Niger Deltan, however popular, a running mate won't be the master stroke because the majority of my people will still vote their non-performing brother. Rather, it has to be ensured that if voter turnout in areas of strength of the PDP is not less than 90 percent, then APC should equally replicate such frauds in the areas where they have strength.
Meantime, those who genuinely wish change should get their PVCs ready and make all sacrifices necessary to express the wish for change.
I wish APC luck on the campaigns and success on the elections. I'm already boarded!
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by whytfaz(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Osibanjo maybe largely unknown, but isn't it what mainstream Nigerians have been clamouring for? A fresh breath away from all these recycled politicians. We cannot eat our cake and have it. If Buhari had chosen Amaechi, Oshimoye, Fashola, some people will still pose their objections to the decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Caracta(f): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sijo01:

In a bid to be ftc, see the zig zag you called comment.

Bebe, where on earth have you been?
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by myke92(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
well, after all speculations about fashola being d running mate.. prof. yemi is finally chosen.. good one though..kudos to d Prof.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Na prof? I neva hear of d prof b4 sef,, buh anyway..... Lets see who win
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by Sijo01(f): 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caracta:

Bebe, where on earth have you been?

Mydear, I've been here and there o............ compliment of the season.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by dabossman(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
So much noise about the choice of Prof. Osinbajo. Is he the one running for President? I wonder if Namadi Sambo will win the North-West for GEJ? He couldn't even win in his constituency in 2011. Osinbajo is more likely to poll more votes for Buhari than Sambo can for Mr. President, so what's the fuss.

The race is between GEJ and GMB abeg. Enough of all this hyperventilating over the choice of Osinbajo.
Re: Buhari Has Announced Professor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate [Confirmed] by fombadi: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ben Bruce: What Isa Funtua Told Me 3 Hours Before His Death / New Photo Of Patience Jonathan / Kolade Akinjo: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal’s Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.