Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Passport Retention By Uk Embassy - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Retention By Uk Embassy (9073 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by saintsola(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
After years of follow up I have been able to locate it at fraud unit. But till now, they are yet to close up their investigation and return my passport to me.

1 Like

Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by primeradama(f): 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
@saintsola, am in a similar dilemma with the German Consulate. They claim my passport was sent to Abuja on the 11th of May this year but NIS keep saying they have not received it. Please can you refer to som1 who can do a follow up for me at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Or any other solution you can give. Thank you
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by saintsola(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
@primeradama,

Trust you are doing great.

It will take minimum of 3 months before your passport can be delivered to NIS.

I will advice you exercise some constraints and check back at NIS in 6 months time.
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by lionlee216(m): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Now, I want to ask a question. it took you 6 months to see your passport. who actually held to your passport that long? uk embassy claimed they have sent it to NIS. NIS claimed they didn't see it. even if the passport is to be delivered from lagos to abuja trekking, 6 months is too long

1 Like

Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by primeradama(f): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
It's actually 3months already cos the passport was seized on the the 12th of April. At a time the embassy stopped communicating with me cos I keep bombarding them daily with mails about the where about of my passport. So my husband had to to write the Consulate from Germany. It was then they confirmed that the passport has been sent since on the 11th of May.
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by saintsola(m): 5:02am On Jul 29, 2016
Dear Friends,

My passports were actually retained on the 26th of November,2014. My lawyer wrote to UK embassy in Lagos, Abuja and UK severally and it was the same response from the UK embassy that my passport has been handed over to the fraud unit in NIS in Abuja.

I visited the fraud unit severally too and was told my passports are yet to be delivered to them. The question now is where is my passport?

Not until April,2016 that I was able to locate my passports( 2 combined passports as a frequent traveller) at the fraud unit in NIS Abuja.

All the required information along with my previous passports prior to the introduction of the E-passport has been provided yet as at this time of writing my passports have not being delivered to me.

So it might be a wide goose chase.

1 Like

Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by worry359(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2016
saintsola:
Dear Friends,

My passports were actually retained on the 26th of November,2014. My lawyer wrote to UK embassy in Lagos, Abuja and UK severally and it was the same response from the UK embassy that my passport has been handed over to the fraud unit in NIS in Abuja.

I visited the fraud unit severally too and was told my passports are yet to be delivered to them. The question now is where is my passport?

Not until April,2016 that I was able to locate my passports( 2 combined passports as a frequent traveller) at the fraud unit in NIS Abuja.

All the required information along with my previous passports prior to the introduction of the E-passport has been provided yet as at this time of writing my passports have not being delivered to me.

So it might be a wide goose chase.

I think the problem here is that you did not offer enough money for the release of your passport to NIS.
They wanted a bribe!
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by Misstakes: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
Please my passport just got sent to NiS
And banned for 10 years
I didn’t submit any false documents
They listed the reasons though
How do I get my passport
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by jesmond3945: 8:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Misstakes:
Please my passport just got sent to NiS
And banned for 10 years
I didn’t submit any false documents
They listed the reasons though
How do I get my passport
what are the reasons
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by thelliza: 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
Hi all, please I&my family applied for a tourist visa since 3rd of My this year, d passports of my kids have been returned since 16th June stating dat we have been denied the visa, but our passports is still with dem, TLS Ikeja,we haven't heard anything from dem concerning I&my husband's passport, please advice me what do we do to retrieve our passports?
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by greatbugsy: 6:25am On Jul 30, 2019
Hi

I submitted my passport to the British embassy for Uk visa and it’s been over 4 weeks they haven’t returned my passport. Any suggestions ?
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by Deemumk: 9:11am On Oct 18, 2019
Hello,

Any update to this.
I'm in similar situation with my daughter passport.

No update from UKVI till now.

greatbugsy:
Hi

I submitted my passport to the British embassy for Uk visa and it’s been over 4 weeks they haven’t returned my passport. Any suggestions ?
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by Anonymousbel: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2020
saintsola:
Hello House, on Nov 26th i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained "The passport that you were intending to travel with, as detailed above has been retained, as we are not satisfied that the document satisfactorily estabilishes your identity and nationality. This is in view of the fact that a previous UK visa application was made in 2009 using identity consistent with those provided in this application.
Enquires will be undertaken at this office and the document will be forwarded as soon as pratically possible to the Nigerian immigration service in Abuja. The Nigerian immigration service will decide whether further action is required. in these cases, enquiries should be addressed to the Nigerian Immigration Service.".

Please note that this is my first Visa application to UK embassy inspite of my frequent travel to over 17 countries.
Please kindly assist with advice on how to retrieve my passport.
Re: Passport Retention By Uk Embassy by Anonymousbel: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2020
Hi Guys

I applied for a UK tourist Visa on the 2nd of January this year and I’m yet to hear from them... it’s been 3 months already and still no word. I contacted the UKVI service and they told me a decision has been made and Il’d get my passport in the next 21working days but that was about 6 weeks ago.

Anyone with a similar problem? Is this just a delay or should I be worried that my passport might either be missing or has been seized?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For UK Visa: Brother Marries Own Blood Sister In Nigeria / UAE Banks Refuse To Open Bank Accounts For Nigerian Nationals / Passengers Exchange Blows In Moving Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.