Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate (1143 Views)

15 Facts About New INEC Boss, Amina Zakari-vanguard News / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally / Tinubu’s Camp Lines Up Three Men For Buhari’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by tolustx(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Announcements of Professor Yemi Osinbajo as the running mate of General Muhammadu Buhari in the forthcoming elections have been greeted with surprise as several people are largely unaware about the man's background.

This is a disambiguation post. Below are fifteen things you should know about the chosen man:
1. He is a pastor at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations in Banana Island, which is a Redeemed Christian Church of God Parish
2. Professor Osinbajo is the Ethics Adviser to the Advisory Board of the African Development Bank
3. He is also a director of Citibank (non-executive)
4. He has served in various capacities in the United Nations.
5. He is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)
6. He is Senior Partner in Simmons-Cooper Partners law firm.
7. He is also a professor of law, and was HOD of Public Law at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) [1997-1999]
8. Professor Osinajo has written and co-authored (and edited) several books and publications.
9. He obtained his LLB degree at the University of Lagos and his LLM at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
10. He served as the Special Adviser to the Attorney General of Nigeria from 1988 to 1992.
11. In 1999, he became the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice of Lagos state. He was reappointed for a second term in 2003.
12. In this time, he began the Lagos State justice reform project, which featured the establishment of the Directorate for Citizen's Rights (DCR) (which gave free legal services and legal representations to Lagos state's less-privileged.)
13. He lives in Lagos with his wife and three children.
14. Some of his books and publications are: “The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes” ; “Law Development and Administration”; “The Annotated Civil Procedure rules of The Superior Courts in Nigeria”; and “Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon”.
15. Professor Osinbajo is the co-founder and Board Member Convention on Business Integrity and the Justice Research Institute Ltd. In 2007, Prof. and his wife Oludolapo founded “The Orderly Society Trust”, a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to the promotion of Christian ethics and orderliness.

Source: Professor Osinbajo's 'About Me' page

1 Like

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by enoqueen: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2014
All this stories.

At the end of the day its Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by tolustx(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2014
LoL. He is Tinubu's choice. And dat Tinubu is a master planner.
Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by Adminisher: 11:53am On Dec 17, 2014
What I read from this guy's profile is ANTI CORRUPTION. Jonathan should pare for a media blitz over is his record of corruption in governance. The APC has two untainted people on the ticket. Let the massacre begin.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2014
Adminisher:
What I read from this guy's profile is ANTI CORRUPTION. Jonathan should pare for a media blitz over is his record of corruption in governance. The APC has two untainted people on the ticket. Let the massacre begin.

You have a bad and unsellable product, so you must resort to lies and character defamation to sell yours

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by Dolarman(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
APC putting the Square peg in the Square hole... Confussion in PDP and saTANise Camp. Thou I liked GEJ but he is surrounded by idiots.... So this is how GEJ will start choping grass for 7 years as prediicted by Prof Wole Soyinka. shocked cry

1 Like

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by KwoiZabo(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
If CV wins elections in this country then People like pat. Utomi and Gani will be president by now. Mr Professor, how many wards can u visit before Feb. 14 grin. i laugh in fulfulde. #GEJTILL2019
Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Some people should start booking their space in the prison......this man will prosecute them to the logical end.

1 Like

Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by Xhammy: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lets forget about all this facts* I still believe Rotimi Amaechi would have been the better running mate
Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
ilugunboy:
Some people should start booking their space in the prison......this man will prosecute them to the logical end.

In the absence of victory for GEJ, APC should prepare to record a boom in its membership as a result of defection. I do not think Buhari would prosecute his party members?

Nigeria where ideology is not the order of politicking. Rather, economic/power benefit and need for safety net runs the show.
Re: 15 Facts About Buhari's Running Mate by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
I may not like him personally, but fielding Amaechi to me was a better choice than this largely unknown person. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Vote For Who You Want And Respect Other People's Choice / Enugu International Airport Scam: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation / Photo : APC Observe Minute Silence For Victims Of Baga Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.