Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed (29824 Views)

54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Nigerian Military Allegedly Starved Of Food / MUTINY: Four More Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad / See Names Of The 54 Nigerian Soldiers Condemned To Death, 5 Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Frankenstein: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Onyiido:
They did that because of their commanding officers refusal to arm them with better riffle and also a go ahead to shoot at the boko haram. They should at least know that by now, the soldiers aren't meant to be a sacrificial lamb anymore.
Death sentence for 54 soldiers is an extreme verdict and I strongly oppose it. But dont try to make the soldiers appear fautless and innocent.

Do you know what their actions could have caused if things got escalated? Widespread mutiny in the 7th Division would have soldiers deserting their posts in the middle of the Counter insurgency operation. Boko haram will overrun the entire Northeast.

Though, I believe most of the military top brass are corrupt due to the Nigerian factor, but the same men you call brave hearts today will one day become top officers in that same military and they won't be better than their predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by SmatJ(m): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2014
Who will join NA again?
With the most poorest salary and highly corrupt officials and still one ends in the gas chambers.....
This is another tactic of weakening the NA to accomplish the disguised BH mission.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Feraz(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Frankenstein:
Death sentence for 54 soldiers is an extreme verdict and I strongly oppose it. But dont try to make the soldiers appear fautless and innocent.
Do you know what their actions could have caused if things got escalated? Widespread mutiny in the 7th Division would have soldiers deserting their posts in the middle of the Counter insurgency operation. Boko haram will overrun the entire Northeast.
Though, I believe most of the military top brass are corrupt due to the Nigerian factor, but the same men you call brave hearts today will one day become top officers in that same military and they won't be better than their predecessors.
Why did you have to include the bolded? Why do you think they won't be any different from their predecessors?

The rest, you're right. As someone rightly pointed out in the 1st page, it's insubordination not mutiny. smiley
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by BlackHuman(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
I wonder what dis would do to d moral of other soldiers.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nostradamu(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Beesluv:
Oh not again

We should be thinking of how to Increase our number and not reduce cos these terrorist keep outnumbering us. Will those in Aso rock come out and fight

I tire oooo angry buh on anoda hand,the mil specs are glaring and binding IRRESPECTIVE. All you have to do is to read thru military history of diff countries (both conqueror and conquered). Finally,lucky for the defendants deres a provison for them to make it "right" :appealing! God Bless Nigeria
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by BlackHuman(m): 9:13am On Dec 18, 2014
Things like dis can happen when u don't really have passion fot ur job or career......Althose years when I used to visit the Venues for NDA exams- ....The only thing d Prospective candidates always and only discussed with themseleves is the great Pay, the Respect, Retirement Benefits e.t.c.....Dey never cared about the Job itself and what it entails. Maybe if d soldiers were really passionate for their work (am talking about the people who really wanted to be soldiers even when dey were kids), -maybe dey wouldn't hav commited mutiny........When u don't have passion for ur work, U'll loose ur job. But in dis case, dey even lost even their lives....So sad.

2 Likes

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by dre11(m): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2014
mickyarams:

Silly obese military bosses passing judgement on soldiers. How do they expect them to fight a war that is being sabotaged by their bosses. These guys are not even equipped with adequate weapons.

You said it all
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Frankenstein: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2014
Feraz:
Why did you have to include the bolded? Why do you think they won't be any different from their predecessors?

The rest, you're right. As someone rightly pointed out in the 1st page, it's insubordination not mutiny. smiley
Unless the system receives an overhaul, they will be worse than the current topbrass.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by LajaLaba: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Join Nigeria forces at your own peril cry
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Natasha2(f): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
Our gallant soldiers, you would not be forgotten, no not in my heart. The defendants of us all you have been made to pay for a crime you did not commit, how do you send these men to fight without fortifying them? They see death eye to eye and they should run into it just like that? Your bravery has been mocked by commanders who didn't stir up your morale to fight. The same hands that prepared you for war, the same hands that made you cruel, the same hands that sniffed your conscience out of you, those same hands are putting you to death. In the end you were just human, and that part crept in, it crept in and made you do what you did. The true heroes are not only those who come back alive from war but those who give up their lives for peace.

2 Likes

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Orikinla(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Is there democracy in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by tommysparks: 9:59am On Dec 18, 2014
Beesluv:
Oh not again

We should be thinking of how to Increase our number and not reduce cos these terrorist keep outnumbering us. Will those in Aso rock come out and fight
even though I feel sorry for them but what is the value of a tooth in your mouth when it cannot chew even a piece of bread soaked in milk
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 18, 2014
Na wa o

Do we still do firing squad?

We need to change that penalty o

Plus our nation is at war. We should not be killing our own soldiers.

Send them to jail please

No firing sqaud
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by bigiyaro(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2014
Guys make una calm down, nobody go by firing squad, d solders go appeal n the sentence go change to life in prison n then to presidential pardon. End of story.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Onyiido: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Frankenstein:

Thanks for the info
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Byron001(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Dreambeat:
Too bad.The military profession is not meant for everyone,you either fall in line or you fall out.A very high sense of discipline and obedience is required to be a successful military officer.It is not for the faint hearted.
u r very stupid if dis is all u have to say. humans, smh
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 18, 2014
holatin:
and when I think you are making sense, you proved senseless.
Buhari criminal, then tell me who ur GEJ is

Buhari is a coup plotter bro!
All coup plotters are criminals.

I have told you what Buhari is, you can tell me what you think Jonathan is.

Bro, leave sentiment!
The punishment for Buhari's crime is firing squad!
I was not the one that made the law!

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Austin234(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
My frnd, dont u have conscience? Boss dat has been vry inhuman to dem by ceasing their alowances, provided them wit poor weaponry thereby leaving dem at d mercies of boko haram, no food nor water etc. My dear, think.

Frankenstein:
Brave hearts that shot at their commanding officers.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Emmanuel602(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
My question is why is it that only the low ranking offers are the ones being tried? Does it mean that they are the only ones that commit mutiny?

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by inosend: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
Beesluv:
Oh not again
*On the parade ground* I strongly side with you on this, but, looking more intensely, you will get to see that without discipline, there won't be the military-that is its BACKBONE. The punishment so meted is meant to DETER otherwise potential indisciplined *parade commandant sees me fiddling with phone in attempt to reply you and barks* *Corporal, get down and do press-ups until you faint*
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by rhames(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
franciskaine:
Fifty-four of the 59 soldiers standing trial for mutiny and conspiracy to commit mutiny have bagged the death sentence. They are to face the firing squad having been found guilty of the offences.

The General Court Martial, which has been sitting since October, however, discharged and acquitted five of the soldiers.

Delivering the judgment at the Mogadishu Cantonment, Abuja Wednesday night, chairman of the GCM, Major General Musa Yusuf, said the soldiers reserved the right to appeal the verdict at a higher authority.

The 59 soldiers were among the troops engaged in counter insurgency operations in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, where the Boko Haram insurgents have taken over a number of Nigerian towns and villages in Northeastern Nigeria.

The soldiers were accused of refusing lawful orders to fight, an offence the military authorities described as conspiracy and mutiny.

The first batch of soldiers that were tried for mutiny also bagged the death sentence for shooting at their commanding officer. The verdict is being appealed by their lawyers.

All the 59 soldiers had pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against them by the General Court Martial during the trial.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/mutiny-54-soldiers-face-firing-squad-five-freed/

Ground of appeal?

Did the general court martial establish the grounds of the mutiny and how did it treat those grounds?
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by cuntacinte: 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Wait a minute!! If we apply Common Sense can the BIGGER PICTURE look like this......

1. Boko Haram set to win again

2. This time BH will kill 54 soldiers considered their enemies without shooting a bullet by themselves

3. The bullet will have been shot by BH enemies itself (that is Nigerian Army)

4. The strategic brain work of the BH moles in the top hierarchy of the armed forces is paying off.

Just saying for what its worth........ think it thru. ('Ogbon ju agbara lo' meaning when smarter its easy to bring down Goliath)
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
rhames:

Ground of appeal?

Did the general court martial establish the grounds of the mutiny and how did it treat those grounds?
that's the secret not meant for me and you now, only the ogas @ the top know this.

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by anigbajumo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Truth24:
Pathetic
But instead of wasting dem like dat, why not push dem to war fronts, dey might help kill ateast 20 BH members before they eventually die na...
u dnt av human feelings,if ur bro z among d soldiers wil u say this?u ar slowpoke fool......BASTARD!!!

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

It beats me how insubordination (refusing a lawful order) is converted to mutiny and a guilty verdict was passed. It is clear someone above want these young soldiers killed.

(It seems refusing an order in the military equates to mutiny. These guys should be spared. How can they be sent to fight without enough ammunition. That was already a death sentence.)
a nation whr corruption reigns supreme, the ogas eat the money while the boys are sent to die on the field with little or moribund weapons. If GEJ wins come 2015, I smell coup on the way.

2 Likes

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by rhames(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
franciskaine:
that's the secret not meant for me and you now, only the ogas @ the top know this.

I believe the judgment is based on the report of the General who was moved immediately after the mutiny. Why wasn't he summoned to the GCM? Thats why military trials in this country are kangaroo trials.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Pilotman(m): 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
Remember: these are people ' s husbands and fathers.

one of them was lamenting the other day that they would be commanded to go and fight BH with almost bare hands. and that leaves them with no other option than to run for their dear lives, when the battle becomes unbearable . Which way Nigeria?
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Truth24(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
anigbajumo:
u dnt av human feelings,if ur bro z among d soldiers wil u say this?u ar slowpoke fool......BASTARD!!!
Guy why result to such insults na....Well my conscience wouldn't just make me hit back at u, but pls modify dat post......
#What I meant was dat d court has already tried these soldiers and found them of committing mutiny of which they are bound to face death by firing squad, so instead of wasting a total of 54 soldiers just like dat, why not send dem to d warfront to face their fate.....Atleast they can help pull down some BH members before they eventually die..... Doesn't dis make a bit of sense to you?.. or are a B. Haramist?.......

1 Like

Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by nagoma(m): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dreambeat:
Too bad.The military profession is not meant for everyone,you either fall in line or you fall out.A very high sense of discipline and obedience is required to be a successful military officer.It is not for the faint hearted.

Yes, to face machine guns with your bare hands is not for the faint hearted. It's for suicidal maniacal crazy men.
Re: Mutiny: 54 Soldiers Sentenced To Death By Firing Squad, 5 Freed by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
That is a sign that Nigerian is a primitive country with lot of savages. The fact that barbaric practices have become part of the society makes me fear for the future of that nation. What is going on?! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Are The People Denying Us Of Power Supply / Mutiu Okuonola Disrupts INEC Collation Centre In Lagos - SR / Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.